Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Good place to sell computers

Void
i turn black thoughts to red

Member 6792

Level 11.90

May 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 10:38 PM #1 of 4
Good place to sell computers

I have two computers [one desktop, one laptop] that I want to sell soon.

One is a Dell 8100, about 5 years old, but in good condition. 256MB RDRAM. 60GB HDD and 20GB HDD. 1.5ghz P4. I'll probably throw in a 17" flat-screen CRT Sony Trinitron monitor.

Other is an IBM Laptop. Only 2 years old. Not sure on the specs. [I know I'm not being helpful about this, but it's not with me now so I can't get the specs. yet] 40GB HDD. I'm guessing atleast 1ghz Intel.

Where should I sell these? What price-range do you think I can sell them for?
I can probably sell the parts of the desktop individually. I'm not entirely sure I can open up a laptop [never tried] so I'd rather sell that as a complete set. I hope to raise money for a new computer for my brother with the money from this, because both of these computers belong to him and he wants a new one.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 10:44 PM #2 of 4
Find the dumbest neighbors you can find. Preferably ones who aren't really neighbors so you never have to see them again.

The 2-year old laptop you can probably get a few hundred for. The Dell 8100 is junk. I wouldn't pay $150 for it.

It's impossible to make an amount of money that will satisfy the seller on any machine older than a year without the buyer getting royally screwed. For this to happen, (A) The buyer must be dumb, (B) the seller must be in it for the money and willing to accept that they are in fact screwing this person, and (C) the Internet cannot be involved. On the internet, there will inevitably be techno-savvy people around who will point out to all interested buyers that they are, in fact, getting screwed.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Arainach; May 14, 2006 at 10:48 PM.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 10:41 AM Local time: May 15, 2006, 09:41 AM #3 of 4
A year ago I sold a comparable Dell system for $100 to a friend of mine. And he turned around and sold it to a friend of his for $100. Both of these individuals are tech savvy and planned to use the PC for questionable activities.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Void
i turn black thoughts to red

Member 6792

Level 11.90

May 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 10:29 PM #4 of 4
I finally realized I could get the exact laptop by logging into my newegg account and looking at the old orders. Here's the laptop I'm selling, I bought it for $1634 and now I can find it at places for around $930.

http://www.shopping.com/xPO-IBM_Thin...0_2373_237372U

I'm willing to sell it at around $850-$930. Around there.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Good place to sell computers