Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Free Comic Book Day?

pompadork
-

Member 2277

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 01:30 AM #1 of 6
Free Comic Book Day?

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/sponsors.asp

It says this will be the fifth year this event has taken place. Does anyone know how widespread this is?

How ya doing, buddy?
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 07:15 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 06:15 PM #2 of 6
Originally Posted by of pom
http://www.freecomicbookday.com/sponsors.asp

It says this will be the fifth year this event has taken place. Does anyone know how widespread this is?
Oh it's fairly widespread. A large majority of comic stores do indeed take part in it. Enter your postal code and find a store near you.

Now, obviously it's not "walk into the store, pick something off the shelf and get it for free". Each publisher that is taking part (DC,Marvel,Image,Devil's Due, IDW, Oni etc etc etc) has one book that they send out in HUGE quantities to retailers. Go in, tell em which one you want, get a comic. Maybe get a couple. However the comics are usually designated with a "Free Comic Book Day" graphic somewhere on them to make them distinguishable from the "normal" ones. Eg/ The free comic book day Ultimate Spider-Man #1 is not worth nearly as much as the normal one.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 12:11 PM #3 of 6

what

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 07:50 AM Local time: May 7, 2006, 08:50 PM #4 of 6
I thought you could only take one free comic... ._.

Most amazing jew boots
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 10:48 AM Local time: May 7, 2006, 01:18 PM #5 of 6
The limit at the store I went to was three per person.

I just went for the Owly one, really. Owly is adorable, and the Free Comic Book Day story makes a nice addition to the three trades that are out.

How ya doing, buddy?

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 05:38 PM Local time: May 7, 2006, 04:38 PM #6 of 6
I picked up the Donald Duck book and I'm gonna go trolling for Owly and Scott Pilgrim later on today. At my store we can pick up however many different books we like, but only 1 copy of each book. We can get more later if any are left though

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Free Comic Book Day?