Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Computer died?

leaf
Leaf, not Leech

Member 11406

Level 6.55

Aug 2006

Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:26 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2011, 07:26 PM #1 of 3
Computer died?

Hello.

Today I wanted to upgrade my old rig from 512MB DDR to 2GB Anyway when I had inserted everything in place, the computer didn't start. I inserted old RAM modules, plugged monitor to on-board VGA and the effect is the same. The CPU & VGA fans spin for a about half second once and second time after a while. That's the only effect ater pushing the power button. Also the HDD & power-on leds light up two times in the same interval as the fans spin.

I think I know what is the problem, but I would like to ask some techies To be honest I am shocked. My PC is in mint condition. And it's the second time something dies when I try to upgrade.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2011, 01:03 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2011, 10:03 AM #2 of 3
From my experience, anytime a computer shows activity of things spinning up and back down quickly usually stems from something not being plugged in right from the PSU, or the PSU being overworked. Check all power cables and if all seems well, unplug all unnecessary devices. Start with bare bones (motherboard, cpu, video). Add RAM, then start adding other devices such as HDDs until you trip it again. This will help you isolate issues.

If problem persists even with bare minimum, the motherboard or PSU is fucked.

Most amazing jew boots
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
leaf
Leaf, not Leech

Member 11406

Level 6.55

Aug 2006

Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:09 AM Local time: Aug 7, 2011, 06:09 PM #3 of 3
You know what? My PSU needed about two minutes after plugging it to the mains. Then my PS/2 mouse's red light appeared. Is it normal or my PSU is really worn off.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Computer died?