Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Saint Seiya - The Lost Canvas - Meiō Shinwa

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 13, 2009, 05:39 AM Local time: Sep 13, 2009, 06:39 PM #1 of 6
Saint Seiya - The Lost Canvas - Meiō Shinwa

Surprised no one has posted a thread about this yet...

TMS Entertaintment has started showing 聖闘士星矢 THE LOST CANVAS 冥王神話, the new 13 episode Saint Seiya OVA series depicting the LOST CANVAS story arc - the previous Holy war between Hades' Specters and Athena's Saints back in the 18th Century, around 200 years prior to Seiya and Saori's time.

The story takes place in 18th Century Europe. 3 youths: brash and reckless Tenma, the pacifist and gentle Alone, and kind and loving Sasha; grew up together in an orphanage. The 3 were inseperable friends, until one day Sasha was adopted and taken away. Before she left, she made flower braclets for herself and her two friends, together making a promise that one day they would all meet again. Unfortunately, meet again they do, but not in the way any of them expected.

Sasha protecting Alone

Tenma protecting Sasha and Alone

The first OVA was released in June but there wasn't an english sub for the series until just recently, when Darksoul-Subs subbed episode 1 and 2. So far, 4 episodes are out in Japan. It looks pretty good, with clean animation (while different to the Seiya animation series) being consistent throughout the 2 episodes. I hope Darksoul-Subs continues their subs for the rest of the series.

For those familiar with the Sanctuary/Mekai-Hen/Elysion arcs, you will be happy (and not surprised) to see a few familiar faces:
Spoiler:

Libra Dohko

Aries Shion

and

a younger Mu (who will become the Aries Gold Saint prior to the Seiya series)

Voice casting seems solid, though having Sasha sound like a completely opposite Haruhi (Aya Hirano) felt weird to say the least. But I was happy for the choices made for Tenma (Tetsuya Kakihara - Fujioka in Miname-ke; Kazuki in Dragonaut) and Alone (Hiro Shimono - Dan JD in Basquash!). Other voice acting seems good too. I haven't read the manga so I really don't know what to expect in terms of the story, but I can imagine that it won't disappoint, as long as the animation stays as good as it is and doesn't suffer what befell the Mekai-Hen arc.

You can download Darksoul-subs versions here:

The Lost Canvas OVA - episode 1
The Lost Canvas OVA - episode 2

EDIT: Okay, I guess I didn't check that thoroughly after all.... There is another fansub group called gleam who have subbed episodes 1 - 4 of the OVA series in English. You can download them via bitorrent here:

The Lost Canvas OVA - episode 1
The Lost Canvas OVA - episode 2
The Lost Canvas OVA - episode 3
The Lost Canvas OVA - episode 4

With gleam gone, another group Reviser have stepped in and subbed OVA episodes 5 and 6

The Lost Canvas OVA - episode 5
The Lost Canvas OVA - episode 6

Some random images from the 2 episodes:
Spoiler:

Is anybody watching this?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
seifer
Wark!

Member 34600

Level 1.02

Oct 2009

Old Oct 10, 2009, 08:37 PM #2 of 6
Thanks Hikarub for posting the english sub version. I've been looking for the english sub for a while now and finially I found it.

However, I do have one question, what player will I need to play the mkv file??? Right now, I tried using VLC player but it's very choppy.... Can you let me know what to use?

Thanks

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2009, 08:52 PM #3 of 6
Windows Media Player will play .mkv files fine. Just use Google to find and download the Matroska pack.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
seifer
Wark!

Member 34600

Level 1.02

Oct 2009

Old Oct 10, 2009, 09:15 PM #4 of 6
Windows Media Player will play .mkv files fine. Just use Google to find and download the Matroska pack.
I just tried it Tritoch....it lags really badly still and I had to restart my comp. It there a min requirement?

I'm run on Window XP.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2009, 05:36 AM Local time: Nov 20, 2009, 06:36 PM #5 of 6
Episodes 5 and 6 have been released and subbed by another group calling themselves Reviser. Looking at gleam's website, I find that they've now halted all projects so I guess they won't be releasing anymore episodes for a while. Reviser's subs for episodes 5 and 6 are now included in my first post above.

A screenshot from episode 5

The subs compared to gleam aren't really that great. The words on screen are pretty huge and they seem to spell names differently; "Shion" is spelled Cion, just for example. Well, can't really complain at this point as they are probably the only group subbing the series at the moment....

How ya doing, buddy?
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2010, 11:54 AM Local time: May 25, 2010, 12:54 AM #6 of 6
Well, the first season has ended with the 13th episode, aptly titled Journey. Suprisingly, gleam came back to sub from episodes 5 onwards til the end. They say they may sub the second season if they're still interested by then.

Didn't add the links cause I can't be bothered....but you can just go here to download them if people are still seeding.

Looking forward to seeing the second season!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Saint Seiya - The Lost Canvas - Meiō Shinwa