Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Soups

Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 10:37 PM #1 of 15
Soups

What's your favorite soups? Do you like creamy or thin? Meat or seafood? Or do you make your own kind of soup?

My favorite of all time is probably cream of mushroom. Right behind it is cream of chicken and miso soup. I've recently gotten into Thai soups as well.

Share your soups because I'm interested in trying new soups.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
tanisari
Putting the Universe in its Place

Member 2152

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 11:05 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 10:05 PM #2 of 15
I like vegetable soups that have been liquidized. Not sure why; they seem more gourmet or restaurant-y or something. But tasty.

I'm living with a vegan, so I've been making soup that he can/will eat. It's taught me that spicy is best! My favourite right now is carrot and sweet potato and ginger. It is better in the autumn than it is in spring and summer, though.

To make lots and lots--maybe eight servings, probably more--you'll need:

- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, diced
- a handful of carrots, diced
- a large onion, diced
- about 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2" worth of ginger root, grated
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- a few splashes of olive oil
- 8 cups or so of vegetable stock

Saute the onion, ginger, garam masala, and garlic in the oil (i.e. over medium heat at most) until the onion's turned translucent. Add the sweet potatoes and carrots and cook them until they've gone soft around the edges (no more than ten minutes, probably). Add the vegetable stock all at once, bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer until everything is soft.

Let everything cool down a bit and then puree it in a blender if you want; it's also fine if you leave it the way that it is, albeit with salt and pepper added to taste.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 01:30 AM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 10:30 PM #3 of 15
I tend to prefer chunky soups with vegetables or meat. I just find them more filling. I make my own version of chicken-noodle soup since I've sometimes felt that the canned soups were too salty or lacked something.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 09:43 AM #4 of 15
for some reason, I absolutely love the condensed vegetable beef and barley soup that cambells has. I smush up a bunch of crackers and mix those in and it's pretty delish'.

though I much prefer homemade brocolli soup. my mom makes a really great version of it, it's nice and creamy and it smells so good. another favourite is italian wedding soup. as long as the broth tastes/smells really good then I'll probably like whatever kind of soup it is.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
xiaowei
Bear Leisure

Member 792

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 11:33 AM #5 of 15
I am a fan of almost all soup. I prefer a mixture of meat and vegetable stews, since I love realizing that I'm eating something that has substance. Thickness of the soup isn't that big of a deal, but I just enjoy a spoonful of something more then just liquid.

But Cream of Broccoli is amazing.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Battle_CRY
Vice-President

Member 7659

Level 6.62

May 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 11:09 PM #6 of 15
I love chinese spice hot and sour soup and filipino sotanghon soup.......when there's little time to make soup, then I'll gladly take a bowl of ramen!! :biggrin:

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Signature removed by the board of directors
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 03:34 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 02:34 AM #7 of 15
Originally Posted by Yamamanama
There's the Thai noodle soups (my favorites being Lemongrass And Chili and Curry), and miso and udon by Annie Chun in the microwavable pour-water-on-noodles-and-add-ingredients variety,
I love those Thai noodle bowls! Or the ones that are in the little block of noodles, of which the Chili/curry is my fave as well. My mom bought some of the Annie Chun udon awhile back, but we haven't gotten the courage to try them (I didn't really want to buy them, because I didn't think they'd be that hot). I love Udon noodle soup, and miso.

My parents and I are addicted to a local restaurant chain's soups: every Tuesday we go there to get Cream of Broccoli/Broccoli and Cheese (my absolute favorite) and Saturday for Cream of Turkey (which is better than it sounds).

But the best soup by far is Monterey-style Clam Chowder, exemplified by the recipe at Old Fisherman's Grotto on the wharf. It's made with like, pure cream and half-and-half. It's HEAVENLY.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Arkhangelsk; Jun 5, 2006 at 03:36 AM.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:05 PM #8 of 15
Italian Wedding Soup is my favourite. I think it was some kind pasta pellets and herbs, plus the defining broth. You can easily eat it at East side Mario's though, which is the awesome thing.

I also like Clam Chowder, but only once in a while.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:41 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 09:41 PM #9 of 15
Oooh I eat far too much soup... Little list of the ones we usually shop for:
-Carrot and Coriander
-Butternut Squash and Red Pepper
-Cream of Leek
-Spicy Parsnip
-Sweet Potato and Rosemary

Can't think of anymore at the moment. I prefer non-chunky soups, although I don't mind the Cream of Mushroom one.
Wow I didn't sing the song

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 05:41 PM #10 of 15
Besides the traditional chicken noodle soup, I'm a huge fan of egg drop soup. I definitely have a bowl or two everytime I go to a Chinese restaurant.

It's good stuff.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
LizardSC
Slave to the Rhythm

Member 5069

Level 7.59

Apr 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 08:01 PM #11 of 15
REAL New England clam chowder... GOD that stuff is delicious. But I also like Panera Bread's Clam Chowder sourdough bread bowls .

Most amazing jew boots
xuemin
Syklis Green

Member 248

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 09:51 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 02:51 PM #12 of 15
i like soups with vegetables in and sometimes also some meat and or pasta, also like them to be thin so i can chuck loads of pieces of bread into it >.> but that's because when i have the western version of soup i pretty much make it into a meal rather than part of one.

i like the chinese soups my mum and gran makes when they're not too salty or medicine like.

also like making miso soup with tofu, enoki and wakame or just overloading it with various mushrooms ^^;;

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 03:46 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 01:46 PM #13 of 15
I love Pho. I was introduced to it almost 2 years ago, and it's a great change of pace when with friends and we can't decide where to eat as we've exhausted the usual common places.

Other than that, I don't eat a lot of soup. Oh, Ramen, but not much of that either.

I was speaking idiomatically.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Cobra Commander
Gots to Dominate!

Member 7345

Level 13.25

May 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 04:32 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 11:32 AM #14 of 15
I tend to eat cambell's chunky variety a lot nowadays. The original chicken noodle is still one of my favs....especially during those wisdom teeth removal recovery days.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Soups