Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] Official MUGEN Thread
Closed Thread

BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 02:25 AM #51 of 1438
VERY end of the select.def file in your \data folder SHOULD be the bonus stage lines. You would proceed to add them there.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 02:45 AM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 09:45 AM #52 of 1438
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
Still can't find Spider-Man though.
I seem to have a Spider-man (probably MvC2) that came with either of the torrents I downloaded.

If you want him, I can send him to you.

As for the rest, I got a few links I hadn't noticed before from Skexis so I downloaded quite a few characters last night. Haven't extracted them or tested them out yet, I'll do that when I get back from work tonight.

My original dream was to get all these Capcom characters and match them up against all these SNK charas, but there is such a ridiculous amount of different KoF characters and versions of them out there, and most of them unavailable, it's too much effort for a full set. I'll just pick the annual versions I care about/can get and that'll be it. I'm only missing SF3 Ibuki and I'll pretty much be set.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 02:53 AM #53 of 1438
I absolutely want that Spidey.

As for Capcom characters, I mostly stick with my favorite variations, namely the ones from Alpha or Capcom vs SNK, along with any unique customs people have made (and by unique I mean something other than Evil Ryu, Ken, or Akuma. Far too many of those as is).

I have very little experience with the KOF series, though, so anyone I add is new to me. It really is amazing how well the DBZ arcade crowd fit in with them, though.

Also, I have an EX Ibuki (almost a completely different move-set. annoying if you're a master of the original) if you want. I'm pretty sure I've seen the original tossed around though (check that site I linked).

It's going to be a long task to set in all the characters I've downloaded, and test them to make sure they work (some don't, like Roll). Then after that I want to arrange them so they won't be such a hassle to search through (DBZ guys in one bracket, Capcom in another, etc). It'll be worth it though; I'm seriously addicted to MUGEN.

The japanese original characters (Zanguya, Karou) are just plain scary.

I was speaking idiomatically.
BIGWORM

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 03:16 AM #54 of 1438
K, still having sound problems to the point of crashing on random stages...and this is coming from the MUGEN I downloaded before the torrent version. Any ideas? I've enabled precache to see if that'll work. I notice the stuttering (on random stages) is alive and kicking. How do I kick THAT!?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 03:33 AM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 10:33 AM #55 of 1438
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
Also, I have an EX Ibuki (almost a completely different move-set. annoying if you're a master of the original) if you want. I'm pretty sure I've seen the original tossed around though (check that site I linked).
Yeah, that's just it. The "archive" sites that list the characters all claim Ibuki is downloadable from this one site, but on that site she's in the WIP section, at 70% complete and no download.

And Roll worked fine for me. I did have that crashing issue with that one character I can't for the life of me remember right now. I think it was a boss from KoF. Either way, I had to go through adding one row of characters at a time till I spotted where the game crashes and then looked up the perpetrator.

BIGWORM, I'd think it's something to do with a dodgy stage. There can be quite a few duds in there that cause the issue. Does it do it in all stages or only certain ones?

FELIPE NO

BIGWORM

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 04:39 AM #56 of 1438
It was only one a couple stages, though I'm still not sure at this point if the incidents were random. Enabling the precache has paid off, as since I haven't had a problem with sound whatsoever...though I will post up with a description of the stage(s) if MUGEN crashes next time.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 01:58 PM #57 of 1438
Thanks again for the yousend it link bigworm. Time for the arduous task of removing all the shitty characters (all the ones that really werent in a fighting game originally or are just subpar quality...like the transformers). Im gonna be looking for some more 3rd Strike and Guilty Gear characters. Thats my goal for now anyway. I'm also thinking about deleting the entire stages folder and starting out fresh..

EDIT: WoW..alot of select.def files hahaha T-T

Last Edit: Does MUGEN not work with mp3s? I using that mugen windows patch and whenever i add the music to a bg in the select.def..it doesnt play any bgm.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Ramenbetsu; Jul 26, 2006 at 02:31 PM.
Ken Hikari
Silent Protagonist

Member 395

Level 13.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 02:55 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 11:55 AM #58 of 1438
Sweet, managed to download the YSI files from BIGWORM, but I can't help at being overwhelmed.

There are many folders here that I see could be used such as all the different screenpacks in the data folder and all the misc files in the misc files folder that it comes with.

So my question is this, for someone who is totally new to this Mugen thing, and since I have it already downloaded and ready to go, what should be the first couple of things I should do?

I figure I could delete the stupid characters that I don't want, and try and get a cool screen pack going, but everytime I try to do that it messes up the game.

Also, I can play the game with the full screen and such, but I hear you can download a WinMugen patch to play in windows, but when I do that does that mean I have to transfer everything over from the WinMugen folder into the new Patch folder?

I'm so confused.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Ramenbetsu

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 03:03 PM #59 of 1438
Lol I'm right there with you Ken. Right now im still tryin to get MUGEN to play the .mp3 sound files I have with the stages I set them with..but I was also wondering if anyone knew how to make my own title screen? I dont like the one EVE has =|

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 05:24 PM #60 of 1438
Quote:
I figure I could delete the stupid characters that I don't want, and try and get a cool screen pack going, but everytime I try to do that it messes up the game.
You can't just delete the character, you have to put something in its place, or else your selection screen will screw up. Either replace it with another character of your choice, or just add an ? box (randomselect).

Quote:
Also, I can play the game with the full screen and such, but I hear you can download a WinMugen patch to play in windows, but when I do that does that mean I have to transfer everything over from the WinMugen folder into the new Patch folder?
Setting it to fullscreen is incredibly easy. I sort of forgot which folder you go to though. Worm helped me on that one, so I'll let him explain.

Quote:
Does MUGEN not work with mp3s? I using that mugen windows patch and whenever i add the music to a bg in the select.def..it doesnt play any bgm.
You have to set the mp3 in the .def of the stage you want to put it in. If you get a Ryu stage, for example, you have to open that stage's .def file, then go to where it says BG music. For a quick way, add the mp3 of your choice to the sounds folder (and rename it to something short). Then all you have to do is add sound/musicname.mp3.

And I take back what I said about Thor being the best custom character. Dragon Claw is so amazing, it almost takes my breath away.

BIGWORM

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 08:35 PM #61 of 1438
wait, I thought I already told you Dragon Claw was the best custom character? :P

When adding bgm, navigate to your stage's .def file in the \stages folder, and make sure you type the FULL path in the bgmusic line (if the dir deviates from the default \sounds folder in MUGEN) you added in the \sounds folder.

For example: One of the stages from the torrent/YSI that was uploaded is beach-ss4.def . <-- Open that with notepad and scroll to the [Music] section. On the bgmusic line put in your music like so:

It's only sound/whatever because it's in the default path for adding music, if it were somewhere else on your hard drive, it'd look something like:

C:/Music/onimusha_2_-_gifu_castle.mp3

^ That's what would be added on the bgmusic line. Do this for every stage you want music for, and you should be good to go. Hope that wasn't too long-winded.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Ramenbetsu

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 08:36 PM #62 of 1438
OKAY! ive got my music working now after I patched it (found earlier in the thread). My next major goal is to redo the title screen and battle screen. I dont mind the health bars but i hate the FIGHT screen and energy bars at the bottom. Thanks for the help too bigworm!

Ken Hikari
Silent Protagonist

Member 395

Level 13.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 05:39 AM Local time: Jul 27, 2006, 02:39 AM #63 of 1438
Sweet, got everything to work now. Now I'm just adding as many cool characters and stages as I can.

This is pretty sweet to match up Super Goku against Megman X and watch the battle.

Now if I could only find out how to make controllers work...

How ya doing, buddy?
Ramenbetsu

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 04:27 AM #64 of 1438
Kind of a request. Im looking for more Guilty Gear characters and some more CVS stuff. 3rd Strike and VC/Dark Stalkers characters and stages are also really welcome. Id greatly appreciate it!

Side note: Also, I reccomend editing your mugen.cfg files and change these video settings:
Spoiler:

;-------------------------------------------------------
[Video Win]
;Enter the width and height of the resolution you want to set here.
;The optimal resolution is 320x240, but if your video card has problems
;You may want to try 640x480.
Width = 640 ; 320
Height = 480 ; 240

;This is the color depth at which to run MUGEN. You should set it to
;16 bit color unless your video card has problems with it.
;16-fastest, 24,32-slower, 8-slowest/worst
Depth = 16

;Set this parameter to 0 to disable screen stretching, and set it to 1 if
;you want to scale it up to fit the current resolution.
Stretch = 0

Vesamode = Linner

;Set this parameter to use a resolution-doubling filter. You will
;need a fast machine to use these filters. You will need to increase
;the screen resolution to at least 640x480 for these modes.
;0 - off
;1 - diagonal edge detection
;2 - bilinear filtering
;3 - horizontal scanlines
DoubleRes = 4

Last edited by Ramenbetsu; Jul 28, 2006 at 08:02 AM.
Ken Hikari
Silent Protagonist

Member 395

Level 13.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 02:08 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2006, 11:08 AM #65 of 1438
Alright, I've been adding music to my stages, and as it does play, the sound is very choppy and it stutters a lot. I've tried different plugins by editing the mugen.cfg file, but so far I haven't found one that plays the music clearly without stutter.

Does anyone else have this problem and if so know how to fix it, or for those of you who have the sound working perfectly, what plugins do you use?

Most amazing jew boots
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 04:00 PM #66 of 1438
I'm not sure how to fix your problem, but if it's any consolation my sound experience isn't 100% either. Sometimes the music in a stage will play too fast, and usually this crashes MUGEN as a result. I'm sure the solution for both of us has something to do with hardware acceleration, but I'm not sure how to do that.

You want Mega Man? You want lots of Mega Man?

You can't handle Mega Man.

http://www.powow.com/killer2468/muge...rs/megaman.htm

http://ciberia.ya.com/calamixian/charsdb/lista.html

Freaking awesome.

Double Post:
And here's a grab-bag of Guilty Gear characters (including Order Sol).

http://www.newwavemugen.com/~ggslash/

Last edited by Soldier; Jul 28, 2006 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 04:50 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2006, 10:50 PM #67 of 1438
Wow, it's cool to see that there are some mugen players/creators on GFF as well! Anyhow Ken, I had a problem with a sound some time in the past, luckily somehow I managed to solve it. Try my way. Open Mugen.cfg and look for plugin list in "Sound configuration (Windows)", now disable all plugins except the one playing mp3.

Quote:
PlayMIDI = 0
PlayMP3 = 1 ;This affects all Winamp-compatible plugins as well
PlayMOD = 0
PlayCDA = 0
Doing this solved my music problems, sound was played smoothly ever since. Perhaps there seems to be some kind of collision with other plugins. I cannot guarantee it will solve your problem though.

Here's is something from me, I mean my creation: Lifebar compatible with "DoubleRes = 4" (released) and screenpack edit (in progress). Opinions? Comments?

Ken Hikari
Silent Protagonist

Member 395

Level 13.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 05:17 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2006, 02:17 PM #68 of 1438
Thanks for trying to help Woo, I did go into the config and set that, but the music still plays choppy.

I'm tried using the in_mp3PRO.dll and in_mp3.dll plugins, but those didn't work. Then I used the in_mad.dll and the music plays, but its all choppy and I can't figure out how to make it play smoothly. :eyebrow:

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 05:18 PM #69 of 1438
This is funny. I saw your lifebar on another forum a minute ago, and I was going to post about it here. Having you here makes things much easier, both for questions and my conscience.

Anyway, it's a pretty cool looking concept. If it's easy to install, do share.

Also, I had to share this insanity with you. Where do people come up with this stuff?

http://rapidshare.de/files/27382211/...Suika.lzh.html

Most amazing jew boots
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 06:15 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2006, 03:15 PM #70 of 1438
Question about the first set of Megaman characters:

Are they actually that big when you use them or do they shrink? Because I don't want any tiny characters like those stupid Naruto ones. They look retarded fighting normal sized characters like Ryu and such.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 06:44 PM #71 of 1438
The sizes vary, but they're basically as big as they were in their respective games. Colonel for example is pretty tiny, but General is freaking huge. As for Mega Man himself, stick with Megaman.exe (really cool custom) and MVC Mega Man, and Proto Man (a custom of MVC Mega Man. Very cool, but he lacks sound effects). The others aren't very appealing, plus they're mostly incomplete.

As for Naruto, there's a custom Naruto and Sasuke which are both big and well animated. The problem is they're both heavily overpowered to the point of being cheap, and their jutsus (especially Sasuke's) are extremely long. Fun to play as, but not to fight against. They're easy to find, but I'll upload them both later if you want.

As for me, I could use more anime characters, such as Inuyasha (only found Sango) and Yusuke Yurameshi (found Hiei, Genkai, and Toguro). And if there happen to be Scryed characters, I'd like them too. They'd be perfect for MUGEN (Ryoho could be a custom JoJo character).

And you'd think someone would've made some decent FF fighters by now, but I've yet to see them. I'm uploading this sad excuse for a Squall character just so you can point and laugh.

http://rapidshare.de/files/27388999/squall.exe.html

How ya doing, buddy?
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 10:27 PM #72 of 1438
anyone know a good place for batch torrents of characters?

Ken Hikari
Silent Protagonist

Member 395

Level 13.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 12:46 AM Local time: Jul 28, 2006, 09:46 PM #73 of 1438
Whoot, figured out that I just had to lower my hardware accelaration on sound and now the music fits perfectly.

Now all I have to do is configure my controls for a PS2 controller and download more characters and stages. :ninja:

How ya doing, buddy?
BIGWORM

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 02:03 AM #74 of 1438
I wish there was an ability to configure controls for characters individually. I set my controls a la Street Fighter...even still, it's a complete guessing game if I'm not using Street Fighter characters, or characters based off Street Fighter configuration.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 03:02 AM #75 of 1438
Quote:
Whoot, figured out that I just had to lower my hardware accelaration on sound and now the music fits perfectly.
I've never had to do it before, so can you tell me how to lower hardware acceleration? MUGEN is shutting down more often since I've added more characters.

Quote:
I wish there was an ability to configure controls for characters individually. I set my controls a la Street Fighter...even still, it's a complete guessing game if I'm not using Street Fighter characters, or characters based off Street Fighter configuration.
I agree, I always have a set configuration for the SF games, but then it screws up the buttons for characters from other games. Most creators of original characters stick to the default setting for the buttons, so I leave it alone and learn to adjust. Although I think you can change the configuration for each character from their respective cmd files, but that would prove time consuming. And I still have over 100 characters to manually add.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] Official MUGEN Thread