Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Xbox 360 Discussion. Thermal paste, the delicious and nutricious snack of the future.

T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 06:10 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 07:10 PM #101 of 851
Lightbulb

Perhaps someone can help me out, because with all this price gouging it's nearly impossible to know the actual retail price of the 360. There are some pretty idiotic bundles out there so in short I'm asking how much is the core system. And how much was the premium system package, hard drive, wireless controller etc.

I was speaking idiomatically.
silvervalkyrie
This is Love

Member 3464

Level 11.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 07:45 PM #102 of 851
$299 and $399, respectively.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tube
Modenator

Member 88

Level 16.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 08:11 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 07:11 PM #103 of 851
Quote:
Xbox 360 Back Compat Update
Posted: March 29, 2006 @ 5:06 pm (1 day ago) By: Major Nelson

A new backward compatibility update is now available for the Xbox 360. You can see the complete updated list here.

Don’t have Xbox Live? Download the update to your PC here

[More details on Xbox.com]

New games:

BLACK™
Star Wars Battlefront™ II
World Soccer Winning Eleven 9

Updated games:

Darkwatch™
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas™
Half-Life® 2
Fable®
Fable®: The Lost Chapters™
Forza Motorsport™
Ninja Gaiden®
Ninja Gaiden® Black
SSX 3
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® Chaos Theory™
kill.switch
World Series Baseball® 2K3

Edit: Reminder: You need to play an original Xbox game on your Xbox 360 while connected to Xbox Live in order to get the update.
'Bout damn time. Now we just need Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge. Except for how they won't.

FELIPE NO

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 09:13 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 12:13 PM #104 of 851
Not when EA can get away with charging $60 for a slightly updated port of Revenge.

"We added some more bloom lighting, even the dirt is brighter than the sun itself"
"Sounds good, ship it!"

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 07:35 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 01:35 PM #105 of 851
Originally Posted by Gamespot
360 sets Aussie sales record
Microsoft moves 30,000 next-gen consoles down under in first four days on shelves; figures surpass PSP as country's quickest seller.

Last week Australia became the latest country to join the next-gen party when the Xbox 360 made its regional debut on March 23. Like its European and American launches, the Xbox 360 was gobbled up by eager gamers and coasted to a new sales record for the fastest-selling console in the country.

According to reports from Australia, the Xbox 360 sold 30,000 units in its first four days on the market. That number beats the previous record held by Sony's PSP, which tallied 27,000 units out the door for its launch.

The 360 is being sold in two SKUs down under, with the Core package selling for $500 AUD ($353) and the Premium package selling for $649 AUD ($459). In the US, the systems sell for $299 and $399, respectively.

Though the late launch meant that Aussies wouldn't get into the next generation as soon as Americans, the extra time did give them plenty of launch titles to choose from. In fact, the Australian launch lineup looks an awful lot like what was originally supposed to be the US launch lineup, with Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Dead or Alive 4, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion all available on day one.

The retail hiccups found in North America seem to be cured in Australia. No widespread shortages on the scale of America's have been reported, and shop owners are pleased with the results.

"We had some fairly high expectations, and it exceeded our expectations. We're more than happy," Paul English of retailer Harvey Norman told Australian IT.
Oh, australia you silly thing.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 09:41 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 12:41 PM #106 of 851

Laffo at Need for Speed being in there, it's about $60-$70 on Xbox, $120 on Xbox 360. Wow. Australia sez: we love being raped!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tube
Modenator

Member 88

Level 16.94

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 02:02 AM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 01:02 AM #107 of 851
It's obviously depicting human beings interacting with each other in a type of game and enjoying themselves while doing it; making a comparison to how one can enjoy oneself while playing a 360.

Marketing 101

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 07:11 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 08:11 PM #108 of 851
Any idea when the next batch of Xbox 360 consoles will be available, by this time I figured it would be possible to walk into BestBuy or Toys R Us and pick one up. :eyebrow:

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 10:33 AM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 11:33 AM #109 of 851
Question

Hmmm, to pick or not to pick one up. 5th gen. 360s seem to be in stock a my local BestBuy, shame that I have a bunch of errands to run today but thought those living in the NYC area would like to know.

Most amazing jew boots
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 05:28 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 06:28 PM #110 of 851
Thumbs down

Purchased one for kicks, it was just there so I said why not. First title I picked up was NBA2K6, on my 52" Toshiba HD DLP...the damn things is breathtaking. One flaw as I'm sure comes with all products created by M$FT was how it froze with 33 seconds left in 4th quarter. :lolsign: Guess I'll remove it from my TV cabinet and place it elsewhere with better airflow.

Double Post:
Well M$FT certainly lived up to it's name, either my console needs to be replaced or just NBA2K6. I'll find out tonight after testing the blasted thing at BestBuy's geeksquad. Thank goodness I know someone who works there.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by T1249NTSCJ; Apr 10, 2006 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
navyseals
Amusing Dick

Member 3499

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 02:43 AM #111 of 851
re: xbox live...
how do you add someone to your friends list if youve never played against them before?

FELIPE NO
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 02:48 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 02:48 AM #112 of 851
You click add friend in friends menu. O_o

And what is M$FT?

T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 03:52 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 04:52 PM #113 of 851
Any idea how I can share my gamecard on the forums here. I'm having no luck getting the darn thing to work. :doh:

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 04:47 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 03:47 PM #114 of 851
http://www.mygamercard.net will help you accomplish that.

SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 05:28 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 07:28 PM #115 of 851
Thanks for the link man!

How ya doing, buddy?
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
----------------------------------------
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 05:48 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 06:48 PM #116 of 851
Appreciated.

On an additional note this bit of news that I've just found recently is a major blow to those with current Xbox 360 systems. In short, it seems M$FT will be upgrading the 360's CPU.

Full article here.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by T1249NTSCJ; Apr 21, 2006 at 02:11 PM.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 02:46 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 02:46 AM #117 of 851
Quote:
A bunch of new rumors regarding the future of Xbox 360, Xbox Live Arcade and first-party games are circulating the Internet, creating a lot of hype for next month’s E3. We thought we could report them and give our take.

First, there’s a long post at MeriStation forums based on info obtained by lostroyanos.com, a Spanish Xbox Live fan site. Here, my Spanish skills come into play to assure you the most accurate translation. The first info that comes from that post claims the price of the Xbox 360 Premium Edition will drop €90 (that’s 110 USD) by the end of October, with the Core package being lowered €80 (100 USD).
If this happens to be true, we expect those price drops to translate in the U.S. into a $100 price drop for both packages, resulting in an Xbox 360 Premium costing $299 and a Core package selling for as low as $199.

We find hard to believe Microsoft will lower down the price of the Xbox 360 by almost a 30% a year after it launched its next-generation console but that will depend on the prices of the other next-generation consoles. In any case, Microsoft has two SKUs to compete with them but unless Microsoft already knows the prices of both Sony PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Revolution, there is no need for the software giant to lower the price of its console when they can’t yet meet demand and their major competitor’s next-gen console is rumored to cost far more than $400.

The second item on that list of rumors claims Gears of War will launch in the last week of October, backed up by a huge worldwide marketing campaign. That doesn’t sound like a crazy rumor at all and it could be more of a smart prediction than an insider gossip. First, there’s the new Nov.1 release date that both EB and GameStop posted last week and second there’s the fact that Gears seems to be the only shooter that Microsoft has on their sleeves to counter attack the PlayStation 3 launch since nobody expect Halo 3 to arrive this year; which takes us to the next rumor.

According to this gossip, Halo 3 won’t arrive until March, 2007 with an official announcement happening at next month’s E3. Again, this could certainly be true as everything sounds realistic. The insider also claims a sequel to Kameo is also in the works and that Microsoft is working to secure an exclusive of “an urban game”, which can be interpreted as the next GTA game.

Now moving onto hardware peripherals, the post at MeriStation claims the HD DVD drive will cost approximately 95 euros (that’s 115 dollars) and it is scheduled for release next September. There is no mention of a HDMI cable and the post only mentions USB 2.0 connectivity with the console. With the first internal HD DVD drives for PC costing around $120, this rumors sound realistic too, although we think that a $150 price sounds more reasonable for an external HD DVD drive as the one the Xbox 360 will use.

Next, the rumor claims a 100GB hard drive will be available as a peripheral but won’t replace the hard drive included with the Premium Edition. No release date or price is mentioned.

Finally in what concerns to hardware peripherals, the Xbox 360 camera (referred in the post as the “My Eye On You” web cam) is rumored to launch in September with a price of 47 euros (58 dollars) or bundled with a game at 77 euros (95 dollars). We guess those would be games that make use of the camera features. These prices sound credible but with an Xbox 360 camera costing as much as a third-party game, there better be good games for this peripheral or it will sell less than the Nintendo 64DD…

Regarding Xbox Live, the rumor claims Xbox Live Gold membership will drop in price or become totally free if the user agrees to see advertisements. This new model is supposed to roll out in October and for those users whose paid subscriptions are still valid, there will be an exchange program and a sort of ad-free version.

We find this last rumor hard to believe and considering Sony’s decision to offer free online gameplay in the basic service, we’d expect Microsoft to liberate its Xbox Live Silver level membership with the inclusion of ads, with Xbox Live Gold users always enjoying an ad-free service.

What we found realistic is the claim that Microsoft is working on expanding the Friends List to a maximum of 200 friends.

Then the rumor goes onto saying that Microsoft will expand the list of backward compatibility games in June with the addition of 50 new titles. Once again, that sounds totally realistic.

Then regarding exclusives, the report claims Microsoft has signed agreements with NBC for live game broadcasting, similar to the gaming TV in South Korea. The post also mentions the recent deals signed with Paramount Pictures and Epic Records.

When it comes to the Xbox 360 dashboard, the report claims Microsoft will develop a new appearance for the dashboard as well as a special dashboard and Xbox Live for children. We don’t know what the insider means with a new appearance, because we don’t expect Microsoft to change the blade interface and there are already themes available for the dashboard, so an Xbox 360 dashboard for children shouldn’t require nothing more than a proper theme.

The report also claims that you’ll be able to exchange certain game achievements for Microsoft Points and that sounds like a new incentive for users to play their games and definitely a smart move by Microsoft-- is this is real.

There are other little claims that sound more like those horoscope forecasts. One says that the Xbox 360 will appear in two major Hollywood productions, similar to the cameo seen on The Island.; other mentions the much-wanted Download & Play feature that would finally let us download content while playing a game.

Finally, another point in the list claims that a “virtual console” similar to the one Nintendo announced, will also launch this October, where SEGA games will be available for download and play.

This last rumor takes us to a different site, Spong, which is also running an Xbox Live story claiming that Microsoft’s secret weapon to crash the launch of the Revolution and Nintendo’s virtual console will be a legal version of MAME. A Microsoft staffer would have revealed to Spong:
"You've heard of MAME right? Right. We're just doing a legal version of MAME, meaning that all the game owners get paid and the users get quality product based around a community. Imagine the biggest arcade in the world, just 1,000 times bigger. It'll have as many machines as we can possibly get, all with score-rankings and other community stuff. It's not a secret that MAME was massive for hackers of the original Xbox and the pull and sales of retro game packs on current machines is still really high. If this is taken and put under the right noses, it should become the biggest thing in mainstream/hardcore gamer crossover in the industry."
Unfortunately, Spong doesn’t enjoy much creditability when it comes to rumors and although the idea of MAME coming to Xbox 360 sounds like a dream come true, the problem with MAME legality is not with the emulator itself but with the ROMs. Then you also need to consider the fact that MAME commercial redistribution is prohibited as well as any commercial use of it, as stated in the MAME license.

We don’t see the need of a MAME emulator when the current Xbox Live Arcade allows any past game to run in the Xbox 360 but we could be wrong and Spong be right. Time will tell.

Like we said before, some of these rumors sound more like a forecast prediction while other are too hard to believe. In any case, these rumors should be taken with a grain salt and nothing is official until there’s an official announcement and you know you’ll hear first here on TeamXbox.com.

Now, tell us what you think.
From TeamXbox. Pretty Interesting stuff. Discuss if you see fit. I am tired so I shall wait on comments. =0

Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 08:05 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 03:05 PM #118 of 851
A bigger HDD sounds nice, though I've not even filled half of mine yet. But perhaps when the Arcade games gets bigger?

I've heard about the Sega-thing before, more specifically; that it would be possible to download Dreamcast games and play 'em on the 360. Indeed, that would be awesome. No more of me searching eBay for those great games, because I could just download it. I'd happily pay something like £10 for them. Time, or E3, will tell.

Most amazing jew boots

Tube
Modenator

Member 88

Level 16.94

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 11:42 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 10:42 AM #119 of 851
A bigger HDD that isn't intended to replace the standard 20GB one, as predicted in that article, would be completely pointless. Ever since about day 3 as a 360 owner, I've been on my toes with disk space. A 100GB drive that you could just swap out would be a blessing. But who the hell would buy one if it's just treated as a giant memory card, since we all know how useful those are. Oh, and $100 for 20GB is a joke. Imagine buying the 100 gig one. We're talking like, $350 for that shit.

FELIPE NO

Zeal
I'm back lol.

Member 4597

Level 9.94

Apr 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 04:56 PM #120 of 851
I like how Nintendo's entire online service will become obsolete once MAME is offered legally.

SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 05:12 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 07:12 PM #121 of 851
Serisously, if only half of that happens to be true, I'm a happy camper!

The one with XBOX LIVE being free is plausible since we've been gotten free XBOX LIVE days from sponsors with one from ADIDAS on the first Week of May.

E3 needs to come faster!!

Skëtch's DVD Collection!
----------------------------------------
Zeal
I'm back lol.

Member 4597

Level 9.94

Apr 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 06:53 PM #122 of 851
Live free of charge is inevitable.

Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 07:05 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 09:05 PM #123 of 851
I don't mind paying for Live, except that I dislike having to pay even more for extra content.

This has almost nothing to do with what's coming up, but I'm most disappointed that SC:Ghost was cancelled/put on hold because it was one of the reasons that I paid for Live in the first place.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
silvervalkyrie
This is Love

Member 3464

Level 11.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 10:48 PM #124 of 851
I can't wait to see what kind of marketing Gears of War will employ. If it's anything like Halo 2's it'll be a spectacular to remember.

How ya doing, buddy?
Yillb
Syklis Green

Member 145

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 11:06 PM #125 of 851
Waterballon fight eh?
http://files.xboxic.com/general/wate...na-resized.jpg Okay, they had other ladies, not dressed up, but this seems appropriate.
This one is just neat.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/majorne...57594113520359
Quote:
All in all it was a record breaking event,
Major Nelson

Somethings are just really cool, good to hear.

Something else not from there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoXwF...default%2Easpx
Bang!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Xbox 360 Discussion. Thermal paste, the delicious and nutricious snack of the future.