Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Fan Noise. Annoyingly loud, ain't it?

Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2007, 10:34 AM #26 of 836
From what I've heard from the leaked reports it's just called the DualShock 3.

@AcerBandit
The PS3 already has rumble enabled for all PS2 games if you're using a PS2 controller via USB. So when the DualShock 3 comes out, all they'll need is one minor update to send that same rumble datastream to the new PS3 controller, no biggie. We'll probably even get the patch a good while before the new controller even hits the market.

UPDATE
Tgs07: PS3 Rumble Controller Confirmed - Kotaku

This means that it will probably hit the market before the end of the year since Burnout is due late January '08.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Slayer X; Sep 19, 2007 at 10:39 AM.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2007, 01:00 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2007, 12:00 PM #27 of 836
Ahh, I knew I should have waited before buying the extra controller. Any announcements how much more the new controller is gonna cost? I'm hoping it's not more than 20 bucks.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Sep 19, 2007, 01:13 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2007, 11:13 AM 1 #28 of 836
At least the controllers will be worth 50 bucks now.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2007, 01:26 PM #29 of 836
That's if they're going to swap the SIXAXIS with the DualShock 3. Otherwise the DS3 may just be an add-in whic would therefore be an increased price over the standard controller. (like in the PS1 days)

UPDATE
The new Ratchet game is going to have DualShock 3 support. But of course the controller doesn't come out here till Spring '08 so most will have played, beaten and moved on by then. For thoes who won't be getting a PS3 till early next year however, good for you

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Slayer X; Sep 20, 2007 at 10:55 AM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2007, 02:26 PM #30 of 836
Ps3 Home news and it aint a good one

Quote:
Sony said on Thursday it would postpone the launch of the Home virtual community service for its PlayStation 3 game console to early next year, the latest setback in its video game battle with Microsoft and Nintendo.

The 3D Home online service, in which players can create and “own” characters and content, was originally scheduled for launch this autumn.

Sony Computer Entertainment, the video game unit of Sony, said it was postponing the launch to improve product quality.
Niiice... So it's better that you get everything in Spring 08, Slayer. Not only will you have the game and system but you'll also have the home >=].

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2007, 02:27 PM Local time: Sep 20, 2007, 01:27 PM #31 of 836
Does anyone who isn't a total dork even care about Home?

FELIPE NO
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2007, 02:39 PM #32 of 836
I don't really. When I read this in a site, you got people jumping up and down like little girls cause of this. I don't even know what this home is nor do I care. Thought I let ones around here know about it since it's ps3 related ;p.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2007, 03:11 PM #33 of 836
Home is like Sims online minus having to look for the "health" of your avatar. You can customize your room with all sort of furniture. If you put a TV in this room you can than stream video on it from your HDD and your friends that you invite in your room can watch it, same thing for radio and frame you put on wall. After that you can mett people in the Home plaza where you can just chat like most 3D chat do now (like second life). There's an arcade too where you can play pool, bowling and various little arcade games. Oh I almost forgot that there's a theater where you can go watch some trailers (about movie, games etc...)

All that is in the beta for now. The whole version is suppose to include a room where you can show the trophies you have obtain. Think about those trophies like the xbox achievements. apparently that room will have big screen that will show some of your replay from various game.

I don't remember if there's more to it, but I think there will probably a mall where you'll be able to buy more furnitures for your room, or buying bigger room or something....

I'm mainly interested in Home for the achievements/trophies thing and to customize my room (that,s my favorite part in the game Sims XD)

oh I almost forgot, that you'll be able to invite people to play game directly from within Home and if both accept, the game will launch automatically if the games is install on your HDD or will prompt a message to insert the proper cd in the ps3.

oh and all that is free, well almost. All that I said will be free, but you'll be able to buy some more furnitures or exclusives furniture in the PSN store. I suppose they will probably come in little packages at a little price but still you can enjoy Home with the basic furnitures.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2007, 05:49 PM Local time: Sep 20, 2007, 05:49 PM #34 of 836
Interesting. A lot of games that were already released will be getting rumble support, I assume via system firmware updates:
Spoiler:
Quote:
* Assassin's Creed
* BEOWULF
* BIOHAZARD® 5
* Blacksite: Area 51
* Blast Factor
* Burnout Paradise
* Condemned 2
* Cops (codename, title name TBD)
* Dark Sector
* Destroy All Humans 3
* Devil May Cry® 4
* Dynasty Warriors 6
* echochrome
* Elefunk
* Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
* Fatal Inertia
* FIFA franchise
* Folklore
* FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION
* GirpShift®
* Go! Sports Ski
* HAZE
* Heavenly Sword
* Heroes over Europe
* High Velocity Bowling
* Highlander
* Iron Man
* Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
* Legendary: The Box
* METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS
* MLB 08: The Show
* MotorStorm
* NBA 08
* NBA 2K8
* N-Cube
* PAIN
* Planet One (codename, title name TBD)
* Prototype
* RAGE
* Rat Race
* Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
* Resistance: Fall of Man
* Snakeball
* SOCOM: Confrontation
* Soldier of Fortune
* Stuntman Ignition
* Super Stardust HD
* The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
* The Club
* The Crucible
* The Darkness
* The Incredible Hulk
* TNA Wrestling
* To End All Wars
* Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
* Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
* TOY HOME
* Turok
* Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
* Unreal Tournament 3
* Warbit
* WarDevil – Unleash the Beast Within
* Warhawk
* Wheelman
* WipEout HD
I'm glad they're going to throw support in for some of the older games. It looks from the article that the only games without rumble support are going to be flOw and Lair?

Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2007, 11:20 PM #35 of 836
Anyone really happy about how the weekly update in the store turn out? it's been a month that we get a lot of stuff and demo ^^

I just tried the stuntman demo and as much as I like the game, god it's frustrating XD but not as much as the one on ps2 >.>

oh and that full trailer of DMC4 was sweet!

and really good thing about the rumble. I'm happy that it look simple to add rumble feature on already release game ^^

as for Lair I can understand a little why they are not including it, maybe because the whole game control with the sixaxis so they don't want the rumble to distract us?

Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2007, 11:35 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2007, 01:35 AM #36 of 836
Is the dual shock 3 going to use some kind of special batteries? I can imagine recharging that damn thing every 2 hours.

BTW, I bought my Ps3 with Heavenly Sword yesterday (not that anyone cares anyways). It will be arriving in 4 weeks though
I just hope that the people from customs don't replace it with bricks or something. I'm totally terrified about the shipping.

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2007, 11:41 PM #37 of 836
Interesting. A lot of games that were already released will be getting rumble support, I assume via system firmware updates:I'm glad they're going to throw support in for some of the older games. It looks from the article that the only games without rumble support are going to be flOw and Lair?
Virtua Fighter 5 doesn't have rumble either.

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:51 AM #38 of 836
As much content we've been getting a lot of it is old news or minor things. It would have been nice to get some TGS stuff. Whether it be MGS4, White Knight, anything. A demo would have been better too. Like the one DMC4 demo has been going from convention to convention for over a year now, why no PSN release of it eh? Ah well, maybe when TGS really starts tomorrow, we'll get some up to date content for the next update.

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 01:33 AM Local time: Sep 21, 2007, 07:33 AM #39 of 836
I don't really. When I read this in a site, you got people jumping up and down like little girls cause of this. I don't even know what this home is nor do I care. Thought I let ones around here know about it since it's ps3 related ;p.
Home is going to be total shit, probably the biggest waste of time ever, from what I've heard and seen so far. It is about chatting with 13 yo 1337 ha][0rz ("Hi. A/S/L????") and about customizing your home, but needless to say, as soon as you want anything better than a wooden chair or an IKEA table, you gonna need to pay for it. If you're retarded retired, you'd probably have enough time for something like that, but I'm not sure whether I even want to get into it.

Most amazing jew boots
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 02:00 AM Local time: Sep 21, 2007, 01:00 AM #40 of 836
I agree with SlayerX, it would have been nice to have some actual TGS content. Very disappointing that the MGS4 TGS trailer didn't make it in the update, wasn't it supposed to hit the PSN ? Oh and that DMC4 trailer is the same one from GC, it's not even the one they showed at TGS.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 02:23 AM Local time: Sep 21, 2007, 08:23 AM #41 of 836
The Game Show is not over yet, I guess they will add more stuff later or maybe even after the Game Show has finished. Did you check the Japanese Store? Maybe they added some additional stuff there.

Also, please no more MGS4 videos. It's always the same shit anyway.

Chip
SquareEnix's #1 Whore

Member 1989

Level 11.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 09:44 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2007, 10:44 PM #42 of 836
Hmm I dont know if this has been answered yet, but, will the new controller lose its tilt function because of its rumble function? Or did they just take out the rumble feature because of their fit with Immersion at that time?

How ya doing, buddy?
PSN: Squareh00r
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 09:46 AM #43 of 836
it suppose to have both technology, so yes you'll still be able to use the sixaxis + having the rumble ^^

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 09:53 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2007, 04:53 PM #44 of 836
Yeah, the controller is now called Dual Shock 3 SIXAXIS, so it'll have both features.

It was also confirmed the rumble will be no different from Dual Shock 2.

So what those sites are saying about "next-gen rumble" and it being suddenly better than 360's, I have no idea.
Perhaps talking out of their asses with hyperbole.

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Sep 23, 2007 at 09:55 AM.
Chip
SquareEnix's #1 Whore

Member 1989

Level 11.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 10:06 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2007, 11:06 PM #45 of 836
Maybe it having both the rumble and tilt feature makes it the "next-gen rumble" lol

PSN: Squareh00r
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 11:18 AM #46 of 836
All sites have to fuel the console war one way or another by aggressively wording everything it seems. But yeah, it's no next-gen rumble and it does have both technologies. It's going to be nice to have some weight in my hands again.

P.S.
One cool thing about the DualShock 3 however is the ability to turn the rumble on and off on the controller itself instead of having to navigate through menues and stuff. Cause while I like rumble in my action games, I hate it in my RPGs and fighting games, so the easier the better

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 02:16 PM #47 of 836
Wait... rumble features can be different? People actually notice this shit? This is getting pretty ridiculous.

Can we please go back to having two motors spin around each other so that people can stop bitching about mundane shit?

PS3s is better! 360s is better! Jesus Christ shut the hell up.

I mean, its great PS3 gets rumble back but like Qwarky said, it's just people spewing bullshit from their mouths.

FELIPE NO
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 02:20 PM #48 of 836
Nobody was really talking about that though. Qwarky and I were just commenting on how the press was making it out to some innovation in the field to 1up MS or something, which it turned out to be nothing like. Are you talking about the same thing?

Most amazing jew boots
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 02:24 PM #49 of 836
Nobody was really talking about that though. Qwarky and I were just commenting on how the press was making it out to some innovation in the field to 1up MS or something, which it turned out to be nothing like. Are you talking about the same thing?
No I think I'm just complaining because of all the bullshit I've been reading around the internet about it.

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 02:28 PM #50 of 836
Lol, I'm with you on that one man. They blew the whole thing WAY out of proportion. The only difference that I've heard about with the DualShock 3 is that it has seperate motor control insteadof it being a unified control. Other then that, it's DualShock 2.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Fan Noise. Annoyingly loud, ain't it?