Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Kingdom Hearts 2

Xhaos
Bringer of the White Dawn

Member 6442

Level 2.62

May 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 12:13 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 12:13 PM #976 of 994
Basically, the next KH they create will not be KH3, but a new KH series altogether with a new story, and from what I've read and heard from rumors, I can't tell if it will be good or bad. Guess we have no info to go off of yet, so I can't reall make an opinion, can I?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

I stand alone, the moon my only friend. I am neither angel nor demon. Just a lonely drifter, searching for freedom from this eternal war. Is there such a thing for a freak like me?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 02:56 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 11:56 AM #977 of 994
Okay, now I'm confused. I thought that there was going to be a third KH with the usual cast, but it wasn't going to be the next one and that the next one was going to be a spinoff that wasn't even going to involve the main cast but instead those that were featured in the secret movie.
While Nomura said Sora and his friends might still have a role, he has stated that the next non spin off will not have numericals because it will be a new story. It came from various magazine interviews. Go check out kh-2.net or kh-vids.net and read up on the news archives.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 10:53 PM #978 of 994
They had better still have a role after getting a letter from the king at the end. You can't just leave it off like that...plus I just don't see it being Kingdom Hearts without Sora and the gang in there. I've got this bad feeling that they're slowly going to drift away and not have anything to do with the story anymore, but I hope I'm being paranoid.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Xhaos
Bringer of the White Dawn

Member 6442

Level 2.62

May 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 12:02 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 12:02 PM #979 of 994
Well, they never said they weren't going to continue the storyline, just that they were doing another story. Since I haven't played Kingdom Hearts without Sora having a main role, I'm not sure how I will feel about that. It might seem odd at first, but as long as it has a good Kingdom Hearts story, good disney teammates (Goofy and Donald rock IMO), and a boss that has 10+ forms but is extremely easy, then I'll be happy.

Seriously, they need to make bosses harder. Sephiroth and the guys in Kingdom Hearts 2:Final Mix aren't much of a challenge. Well in my opinion they aren't.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

I stand alone, the moon my only friend. I am neither angel nor demon. Just a lonely drifter, searching for freedom from this eternal war. Is there such a thing for a freak like me?
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 06:43 PM #980 of 994
Seriously, they need to make bosses harder. Sephiroth and the guys in Kingdom Hearts 2:Final Mix aren't much of a challenge. Well in my opinion they aren't.
Wow...while I'll admit I was able to beat Sephiroth at a lower level this time around since I knew how to beat him, he was by no means easy. Same goes for the Armored Unknown and the Org. XIII rematches. Of course, I was playing in Critical Mode so two hits and I'm dead against strong enemies.

Most amazing jew boots
Seris
zzzzzz

Member 1928

Level 33.66

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 07:21 PM #981 of 994
I've got this bad feeling that they're slowly going to drift away and not have anything to do with the story anymore, but I hope I'm being paranoid.
Well, think about it--where else can they go with the story at this point? There's only so many times you can have Sora and friends chasing after Mickey Mouse and Malificent and travel to disney-themed worlds before the formula gets stale. And the formula was starting to go flat with KH2, or so I felt, so whatever they decide to do with the third installment I anticipate the results.

Should be interesting!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 10:13 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 07:13 PM #982 of 994
There's only so much you can do with a set of characters, that's why I'm sick of all the FF7 spin offs. Hell, Red Vs Blue Blood Gultch Chronicles is ending in 3 episodes too, probably for the exact same reason. Move on to a new story and new characters.

I'm glad they're moving on to a new story before it gets beaten to death, but still lingering on the idea that Sora and the others will have a role of sorts.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2007, 10:12 PM #983 of 994
There's only so much you can do with a set of characters, that's why I'm sick of all the FF7 spin offs.
I don't believe that for a second. Look at all the Zelda games, Mario games, Sonic games, and I could go on. There are many things about Sora and the gang that they haven't cleared up or resolved so why not keep the story going with those guys?

FELIPE NO
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 12:47 AM Local time: May 19, 2007, 09:47 PM #984 of 994
Dude... The Mario games etc dont' have a set timeline to it or they dont have that deep of a long story. Comparing this to something like KH2 or FF is like comparing Wedding Crashers to Lord of the Rings or something. Those examples are kinda weak.

If you are gonna use some examples, use something like MGS or Buffy.

Different structures in story require different characters. It COULD work, but its hard to keep it fresh, I mean, how can you justify having Sora going back to Lvl 1 over and over again? Or have him keep travelling around so much? Sooner or later it becomes too fanficy or beating a dead horse. We got 3 games with Sora as the main character, and hes not going away, just not the main character anymore. He is NOT disappearing.

Last edited by Kairi Li; May 20, 2007 at 12:51 AM.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 01:50 AM #985 of 994
I remember the last time they did something like that in a game where the main character wasn't the main character. Metal Gear Solid 2...and man was everyone pissed that you only played as Snake for a short time. I almost thought that's what KH2 was gonna be with Roxas being the character you played as the whole time...I'm glad it wasn't.

I'm just saying people aren't going to like it when Sora stops being the main character. If people are concerned with the whole level 1 thing...do what DragonBall Z: Buu's Fury did and start the characters at level 60 or something and have the max level you can reach to be 200. Problem solved there.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 07:30 AM Local time: May 20, 2007, 04:30 AM #986 of 994
I doubt people are gonna end up disliking KH if the next installment has a new main character. I'm glad unlike other games Nomura is moving on to a new main character instead of beating it to the ground and before its too late. The game is called KH, not Sora. And who knows? It could end up like DMC 4 where we have Nero and Dante in one game. Sora and the others are not gonna disappear from the story, and Nomura has hinted they still have a role. But its time to let someone else have the main character limelight.

I mean jeez, I don't want 13 games with Cloud as the main character, that would get old and boring FAST. MGS has about 4 (minus the side games) with Snake, Dante has 4, Sora has 3. Its not like Sora's getting gypped.

Last edited by Kairi Li; May 20, 2007 at 07:32 AM.
rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2007, 09:43 AM #987 of 994
So, I guess the odds of KH II FM making it here.. is slim to none now? ;/

How come games like Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Soild can be rereleased with new content.. but games like KH cant?

How ya doing, buddy?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2007, 05:09 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2007, 02:09 AM #988 of 994
Xaldin from kh-vids.net and others have been unlocking character codes for cheat devices and made alot of awesome special videos of it.

Imagine Roxas and Ally Axel fighting together.

Or a fight with Saix, and two Axels.

Imagine fighting Shan Yu and the Dragon heartless at the same time!

http://www.youtube.com/profile_video...ldinkhvids&p=r

All the videos of the above can be found here, and many more will come as more character codes are unlocked, its a long process.

The Sora vs Saix and Axel X2 is probably my fave so far, thanks to the sheer raw chaos. Only thing that can top this is when Demyx and other Org member codes are found....

Check out what he did at 6:11!!

YouTube Video

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Kairi Li; Jun 16, 2007 at 05:12 AM.
Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2007, 11:27 PM #989 of 994
If this special edition isn't getting released... oh well I'm downloading a ISO of the Japanese version... because I can't read Japanese which defeats the purpose of actually paying for it.... sort of...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2007, 07:12 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2007, 04:12 AM #990 of 994
Apparently there was a belated translated inteview from the KH2 Final Mix + ultimania book that.

Its regarding the next KH game, which confirms it to be a side story, and that Sora's story/journey may not be over like we thought it was...

http://www.kh-2.net/?nav=48931

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interviewer: About the new KH title that will be announced after summer this year (2007), will that be a direct sequel?

Nomura: Hmm...I'm not sure how much I can say (laughs). I'll start of by saying that it's not Kingdom Hearts 3.

Interviewer: So this game will be a side story?

Nomura: That's right. My own feelings are that I would like to give Sora a break from large adventures for a little while. So I'm thinking of making the next game's story focus on other characters.

Interviewer: So by a little while, do you mean that Sora's journey from Kingdom Hearts 2 hasn't finished?

Nomura: Yes. If you're talking about the mysteries that started from Kingdom Hearts 1, then those were all revealed. In the ending of Kingdom Hearts II, there was a scene where Sora received a letter from the King; for Sora, I would like you to consider this as a new beginning. The truth is, until the very end, I was considering whether or not to include a scene showing them setting off on a journey after reading the letter.

Interviewer: So, let's talk about this new story, which doesn't have Sora as the main character. What sort of story will it be?

Nomura: Well, I need to start with the story depicted in a Birth by Sleep. Aside from that, there's the story of how the King found his keyblade in the world of darkness and other things like that. Myself, one of the things I most want to do is to give Roxas more of a role to play. I think it would be interesting to flesh out more of the year he spent between his birth and disappearance. Or making Riku the main character, and writing about his desperate fight while Sora was asleep, and things like that. You get the impression that Riku summoned Roxas to a place of shadows, and that Riku is a master of shadows, so I would like to give him more exploration in the game.

Interviewer: Will there be anything different in the game system?

Nomura: I'd like to try something a little different to the previous games in the KH series. I'm not just talking about the next game, more about the next project, so I can't say that it will just be one game (laughs). For the Kingdom Hearts series, being made with our company and Disney, both companies have things in mind that we would like to make reality, so there's always at least two things we want to do.

Interviewer: What platform does it look like the next game will be released on?

Nomura: Hmm... Probably a hand-held platform. Right now we're working on titles for the PSP (FFVII Crisis Core), Nintendo DS (This Wonderful World) and for mobile phones (MONOTONE), so I wouldn't be surprised if it were on any of those platforms.

Interviewer: Is there any chance that this game may be released on multiple platforms?

Nomura: We haven't considered that in the development. If possible, I would like to make a system that suits the platform. But in contrast, in terms of ideas, I would want ideas that could be released on any platform.

Interviewer: The more I hear about the next game, the more exciting it sounds, but for the fans the first thing to do is to see KH2 Final Mix's secret movie isn't it?

Nomura: Yes. I'm worried that we made the conditions for getting the secret movie too hard, but through reading this guide, I hope the readers will be able to see the secret movie. Finding a way to defeat (the new boss) is tough, but I've seen it done, so I know it's not impossible (laughs). If you're able to see the new secret movie and turn your thoughts to the next Kingdom Hearts, I'd be very happy.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Kairi Li; Jul 25, 2007 at 07:17 AM.
rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2007, 09:36 AM #991 of 994
Im still trying to figure out how im gonna play KH2 FM+ lol.

I got the swapmagic disc, but those tiny plastic pecies got lost... is there anything around the house i can use ?

Its just blocking 3 sensors right? I wish the darn disc would work on its own.

FELIPE NO
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2007, 10:47 AM #992 of 994
Interviewer: What platform does it look like the next game will be released on?

Nomura: Hmm... Probably a hand-held platform. Right now we're working on titles for the PSP (FFVII Crisis Core), Nintendo DS (This Wonderful World) and for mobile phones (MONOTONE), so I wouldn't be surprised if it were on any of those platforms.
ok this just killed it for me... if it's on the psp ok but I don,t really want the other two (not that i don,t like the DS but for this kind of game meh...)

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 02:43 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2007, 11:43 PM #993 of 994
I own a DS and PSP, as long as its not a goddamn cell phone game, *glares at PE 3rd Birthday* I'll be ok with it.

Sacred X
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Member 4397

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2007, 11:35 PM #994 of 994
It's been a while since anyone has posted in this thread, though there does seem to be another active KH thread. I will post this here since it moreso applies to KH2.

This is more of a request, actually, but I would like to know if anyone has come across the MP3s for the Organization XIII battles, theme, and the Organization XIII CoM battle as seen in the following video:
YouTube Video

It probably is asking for a lot, especially for a dead thread bump, but it's worth a shot since I haven't found them at any major KH site with downloadables. Much thanks in advance to anyone who can find me one or more of the MP3s, or a link to any of them.

EDIT: Just to note, I do have the Final Mix songs. Even though the video is Final Mix, the song is not. The song was editted in.

SSBB: 0602-5947-4393 ("SX")
PM me if you add.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Kingdom Hearts 2