Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] I Guess We Still Play This Kart 8: 16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park.

Old Jun 28, 2014, 01:14 PM #26 of 557
Probably only if you want rumble and a 1 to 1 gamepad to controller experience. If you're comfortable with the Wii Pro Controller and don't care about rumble then just use that. It's Mario Kart.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2014, 01:38 PM #27 of 557
To be clear it wouldn't be just for Mario Kart specifically, was asking for general purposes. I wasn't sure if there were new buttons that maybe just are completely not on the Wii one. In that case I'll leave it for now, I could see myself maybe picking one up for Bayonetta 2 or something though.

Also setting up all the Wii U stuff, goddamn the interface and finding out where shit is and how to navigate it is a goddamn mess. I'm sure it's a non-issue after a bit, but goddamn. It's also completely ridiculous how you have to launch Wii stuff through a separate Wii mode, which also means you have to deal with all the regular Wii pointer and menu jank. Right now I'm trying to download some Wii VC games I had codes for from old Club Nintendo stuff that I've been sitting on until we got a Wii U since we haven't had a Wii in forever (Mario RPG, etc) and I'd forgotten what a complete fucking wreck the Wii shop was with timeouts, being slow as shit, etc.

Good news is I beat Persona 4 (fucking finally, that game has been backlog white whale for nearly 6 years), and I'm getting the Wii U stuff taken care of right now then I'll see if I can get Skype on this. The audio/physical setup is going to maybe be a challenge though, we'll see.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2014, 01:58 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2014, 06:58 PM #28 of 557
2 HOURS BEFORE GO TIME

Still need someone who'll be on Skype PC to offer to host, but we'll try and get that going a few minutes ahead of time. I'll be setting up the MK8 session so as long as you have meed added on the WiiU you should be able to join the game.

If anyone needs to add me on Skype: omagnusprime
On WiiU: Omagnus

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2014, 02:33 PM #29 of 557
Okay, I'm all set up and I added you on Skype Omagnus. As full disclosure I've used Skype twice in my entire life and not in probably at least 3-4 years. I also had a ton of problems getting my mic working with it properly, so I expect that side of things to be a potential shitshow and/or not working on our end, but we'll see how it goes. Philia gets off at 5 when this is supposed to start, I'll probably meet her when she gets off and I'm not sure if we're going to eat or anything first, so I'd expect us to be on anywhere from like 5:15-5:45? I honestly don't remember, if I can't get the mic stuff working on our end do group Skype calls have a text chat as well? Absolute worst case we'd be able to hear you guys and I could type if needed, and then over this coming week I'll try to get this set up properly if there is a problem.

I also sent friends request to everyone in the OP that had their NNID listed. This is the first Mario Kart I've played outside of one or two rounds of Wii/DS MK in over 10 years and I don't know if Angel's ever really played, so this ought to be a good time all around for us LOL. This seems like a cool idea for a weekly thing though and Philia seems to be down for playing so unless one of us is working we'll probably be able to make most of these, thanks for setting it up.

I was speaking idiomatically.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2014, 03:37 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2014, 08:37 PM #30 of 557
Right, so I've managed to get my Astros hooked to my PC from across the room without issues, so I can host the Skype call on PC. Might mean I need to hop up and down to add people if needed, but should be fine. Will propose if you want in on the call, and to make life a little easier, connect in about 5 minutes early (ping me a message on Skype, or in IRC - use Omagnus to signal me there).

See you on soon peeps.

How ya doing, buddy?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2014, 04:54 PM #31 of 557
We just got home and are eating, should be on in ~10-15 minutes.

FELIPE NO
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2014, 05:27 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2014, 10:27 PM #32 of 557
Sorry about the timing on us wrapping up Daravon and Philia, but thanks to everyone who showed up.

So the plan will be to get people together the same time next week, unless anyone has a massive objection and wants to move the time a little. But I think that worked out well and was good fun (despite the blue/red shell fuckery XD).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2014, 05:30 PM #33 of 557
No worries, timing was weird on our part today. Also just as well, gives us a week to actually play the game for more than 10 minutes and maybe not be completely terrible at it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2014, 05:42 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2014, 10:42 PM #34 of 557
That's OK, you'd be playing against Tritoch and he's terrible at everything.

Just as a heads up:

NEXT MK8 ONLINE EVENT

DATE/TIME:

Last edited by OmagnusPrime; Jun 28, 2014 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Stupid forum's timing out
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2014, 07:22 PM 2 #35 of 557
It actually didn't hit me until the FINAL RACE that I should've been recording this madness. Oh well, probably would've been better from Team Canada's point of view.

YouTube Video

Most amazing jew boots
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2014, 11:02 PM #36 of 557
That's OK, you'd be playing against Tritoch and he's terrible at everything.
Hey now, I took second place in the first set of races we did. It was Skills getting SO MAD at the CPU players he asked us to turn on.

Old Jun 29, 2014, 10:03 AM #37 of 557
My favorite part of this recording is how you guys all leave goodbye messages right as SD and Philia show up in the lobby.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2014, 11:23 AM #38 of 557
Yeah, I was like oh they're probably having to remake the lobby or something.....oh.

It's fine though, we got on super late and we just played Mario U afterwards so it's all good.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2014, 11:40 AM #39 of 557
I'm afraid I'll be out this weekend and likely the next several weeks unless we can move it back to around 2pm or so. I just got stuck with a client who works weekend late afternoons/nights.

FELIPE NO
Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:18 PM Local time: Jul 1, 2014, 11:18 AM #40 of 557
I'm going to be in Winnipeg this weekend, which means i'll be away from my Wii U for the weekend. Also probably going to miss game night this week for the same reason.

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2014, 03:09 PM Local time: Jul 1, 2014, 12:09 PM 5 #41 of 557
Sounds like you need to head over to Skills's place and go 2P online with him on Saturday. I'm sure that'll be a delightful experience you'll treasure forever.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2014, 06:53 PM Local time: Jul 1, 2014, 11:53 PM #42 of 557
I have no problem moving it slightly earlier (by 2 hours in this case), but was trying to find a time that would work across the US, east to west coast.

Who else might be down for this weekend?

How ya doing, buddy?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2014, 07:39 PM #43 of 557
I'm 50/50 for this weekend. Following weekend definitely not as it's EVO weekend, but then most of my Saturdays should be clear for a good while after that.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2014, 07:54 PM #44 of 557
Yeah, I'll be home after a long shift on Saturday at 4pm. Just in time to do some mario kart.

Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Jul 2, 2014, 12:37 AM Local time: Jul 1, 2014, 11:37 PM #45 of 557
Sounds like you need to head over to Skills's place and go 2P online with him on Saturday. I'm sure that'll be a delightful experience you'll treasure forever.
I had begun considering this possibility, especially considering we're meeting for lunch already on Saturday. Just head home with Skills and play Mariokart for an afternoon.

The real question is, how likely am i to get back home if i get into a car with Skills?

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2014, 01:14 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2014, 12:14 AM #46 of 557
We'll see what the plan is after lunch. I am looking at a work schedule and I might need a development meeting to take place on Saturday.

Or I might be able to push it to Sunday/Monday.

This depends on the contractor I'll be meeting with. Will fill you in, Hawkeye.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2014, 01:00 PM Local time: Jul 5, 2014, 06:00 PM #47 of 557
Not sure who might be turning up today, but a few people seemed to suggest they'll be about. So that being the case, I'll be hosting the Skype and MK8 sessions again.

If you need to add me on Skype: omagnusprime

3 HOURS TO GO

FELIPE NO
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2014, 04:20 PM #48 of 557
Streams available:

Let's Play some viderogams 'n' stuff

Twitch

Last edited by SuperSonic; Jul 5, 2014 at 04:23 PM.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2014, 07:42 PM Local time: Jul 5, 2014, 04:42 PM #49 of 557
I've been playing a lot of online pub matches, including a whole week while most of you were trapped in a house somewhere or something. Sorry.

How ya doing, buddy?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2014, 07:49 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2014, 12:49 AM #50 of 557
Gives us a target to aim for.

Tags
"AHH EAT" - Mo0, "Did you know... waves are a type of fungus." -Qwarky, "Gentry Twin Powers Activate. Form of whatever nutty is doing.", "Get out of my head Tumblr", "Hey; Teddy Grahams!", "I counted to two too fast." - Mo0, "I fell off the fuck" - Mo0, "I got first that one time." - SuperSonic, "I think BZ's my spirit animal now." - Dave, "I'm always nine months pregnant." - Dave, "If dicks tasted like these enchiladas I'd eat dicks every day" - Daravon, "If I can't have fifth place; no one will!" - Daravon, "It came off your butt! I saw it!" - Skills, "It's peanut butter egg time", "My driver's drunk" - Acer, "Please do not hit me with the red shell Daravon oh god damn it", "Pretty sure it's all dick no matter which part you freeze it on." - Tails, "Red team drownin' us in dicks." "YOU'RE the Red Team!", "There is only victory for Cat Peach!" - Tails, "This game and its items." - AcerBandit, "This is not the road." - Daravon, "We are Daisy. We are Legion.", "What am I even being-" - Mo0, "What happened to you Skills?" "YOU SHOT ME THREE TIMES" "Oh right", "You're either racing or you're dead.", 100 Years of Taco, 16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park., 2007 Miami Dolphins, 2Spooky4Me, 4 out of 6 people asked for this, 5G Internet, Accidental Spooky, ALL GOLD EVERYTHING, Ambient Anger Noises, Angry About Being Accused of Team Killing, Angry About Bodies of Water, Angry About Counting, Angry About Dolphins, Angry About Mount Wario, Angry About Team Killing, awake apnea, Baby Cup, Banatrix, BILL ME LATER, Blue Brigade, Blue Dynasty, Bullet Bill DLC, Bullet Bill Erryday, Bullshit regular Peach, But who was wagon?, Butterscotch DLC, Butterscotch Pudding, CHz is bullshit, Communist Manifesto, Contract Dong, Countably Infinite Gentrys, counting to 2, Cusim Krap, Daravon: Archracist of Gamingforce, DAVE WHY, Dickspin.jpg, Did You Know, DIVORCE GAME, dolphins, Dongforce, ENEMIES EVERYWHERE, Eternally Fifth, Expand Dong, Foreground Anger Noises, Gentron, Get Good DLC, Get Good Season Pass, GET IN THE DOME, GET SPOOKY, Good Talk, Grumble Something, Half Music Park Cup, Ice Cream Epiphany, infectious Gentryism, Infinity Gauntlet of Bullshit Items, inopportune cats, Item Fucking, Konkey Dong, Koopa Cup, Lemony Fresh, Libertarian Kart, Lore, Mad Mad Farm, MadAlert Bracelet, Madic Park, Maditoba, Mario Kart 8 Featuring Peyton Manning, Master Dong, McCarthy Kart, Mennobot, MOO STAGE, Music Park Cup, Music Park Cup Mk II, No One Asked For This, nutty's gonna take you to the Sylvan Learning Center, Oakland Raiders, One Lap Alliance, origin stories, Origin Story, preemptively mad, prehensile folds, pretzels, Red Menace, Red Team = Nerds, Robokart, ROYALTY SON, RULES OF PRINCESS, Shy Guy Cup, so mad, Son of Bitch, SPECIAL DELIVERY, Squizz, Still better than Q, strangling a duck, Sudden Mii Regret, Team Baby Daisy, Team Enemywealth, Team No York, That UK Shit, the best princess, The Fifth Gentry, The Tiny Left Space, The Unattainable Doughnut, THERE ARE 39 OTHER TRACKS, Throbbing Around the World in 80 Days, Toad Apartheid, two heads of setphones, Yoshi Cup

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] I Guess We Still Play This Kart 8: 16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park.