Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] What is your Favorite PC game EVER?

TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 10:42 AM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 09:42 AM #76 of 143
I have to agree with Helloween, Disciples 2: Dark Prophecy and specifically the expansion Eise of The Elves, is the bomb-diggity, especially in the single player realm.

It's turn based strategy with a decent story. Four factions (five w/ expansion), leader and party based. It is so addicting to level up your party to uber-status and start torching every enemy stack (including their impenetrable capital city). The thing that does it for the series is the hand drawn-painted graphics. The characters just look so great in their portraits. Heck I think I'm gonna make an Ava-Sig combo out of it pretty soon. I've just recently started picking this game up again in anticipation for Disciples3.

In multiplayer, nothing has ever gotten me as hooked as Day Of Defeat. Now I'm talking the original mod as well as the new Valve Source version. Soooo much fun. Gotta love WWII guns, and this implimentation of WWII doesn't have all the tanks/vehicles taking the foot game out of the limelight. A total blast.

Most amazing jew boots
~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)
cocomonk22
Carob Nut

Member 2006

Level 4.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 05:04 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2006, 12:04 AM #77 of 143
Day of the Tentacle, aka Maniac Mansion 2. It is the oldest game that I still play often on the PC outside of the King's Quest series.

How ya doing, buddy?
Shunyata
Shun|shiT

Member 9716

Level 1.73

Jul 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 01:32 AM #78 of 143
I started playing Ragnarok Online back in November '05, and I was addicted pretty much up until I got banned some time in May. I was on an active server (and according to what I've heard, the highest grossing private server for the game), and had pretty much all of the items, cards, and equipment you could have on my Level 231 Stalker named sexrulr. After getting banned, the server soon made pretty much a duplicate of itself with new maps, monsters, and items, but with a full reset of accounts, characters, items, and zeny (the money system of the game). The server I originally played on is still somewhat active, with somewhere from 75 to 100 people on at a time, but without my own character to play on, it's not as fun - especially without the 500+ people that were normally on [I play on a Level 255 Champion named fryl0ck, a Level 255 Assassin Cross named Iruga1, and a Level 230 Lord Knight named Ericson~~! when I play (but they are all friends' characters)].

Just because it was able to keep my interest for as long as it did, I'd say that it is my favorite game of all time - overall.

P.S. I ended up hosting my own server for about a month, mostly for personal usage, though I had somewhere from five to ten people on at a time.

Most amazing jew boots
PaladinStryke
Let there be light

Member 4774

Level 1.73

Apr 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:38 AM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 10:38 PM #79 of 143
Favorite PC Game

This is going to date me as being older than 90% of the people on this board (and I'm not even old) but my favorite PC game of all time is Quest For Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness. The story, the art (I still love the hand drawn stuff compared to the 3d modeling of everything today), the music, and for those who have played it, c'mon, you totally dug the rusalka. I was like 13 and was like "whoaaaaaa" when I got to that part. Katrina's sacrifice at the end, too...just a great story and good old fashioned game. I wish they made 'em like that still these days. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to Mark of Chaos and Medieval 2 Total War as much as the next guy, but I'm also a sucker for the classics.

Other honorable mentions:

Crusader: No Remorse.
King's Quest V: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder.
Syndicate.
Fantasy General

More recently:

Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat and Dark Omen.
Planescape: Torment (every rpg should have a story this good or the writers should be fired and replaced with competent people. I feel like modern rpg's are written by people who aren't actually writers, and perhaps haven't even graduated from high school.)
Baldur's Gate I and II and expansions. (NWN just didn't have the same magic.)
Rome: Total Realism (community expansion of Rome: Total War, about 1000x better than the original)

Thanks for the topic and the subsquent trip down memory lane.

FELIPE NO
Honor est premium virtutis - Honor is the reward of virtue - Marcus Tullius Cicero
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 10:24 AM #80 of 143
I've played a lot of good PC games over the years, but I think my absolute favourite is none other than Tie Fighter Collector's CD-ROM. The CD-ROM version had more cleaner graphics and came with the expansions too (I'm pretty sure it did). Anyway, it was an awesome game with good music, game play and lots of different objectives in each mission, thus giving replayability. I've never found anyone else who played it though. They all say it's too complicated. What? The game had tutorial missions right at the beginning!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

ErikTheRed
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12039

Level 1.00

Sep 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:00 AM #81 of 143
Deus Ex hands down the story and gameplay were just amazing. I'd be happy if they just remade it with better graphics and physics and stuff.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Karl
Is in your North Pole, sniping your elves.

Member 12326

Level 1.47

Sep 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 08:31 AM #82 of 143
If we were going by sheer time spent playing a game, I'd have say (sadly) World of Warcraft.

However, because it was the first game that I ever played in multiplayer exclusively (on my 33.3k modem), I'd have to pick Starseige TRIBES. I was too young to really appreciate the team cooperation it required, but I did get a kick out of the thousands of modded weapons that people came up with.

Other Honorables:
Diablo 2
Tac Ops
FF7 (PC version)
Halo CE

Ooooh I almost forgot Total Annihilation!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Starwars
Throatwobbler Mangrove

Member 1266

Level 8.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2006, 09:38 AM Local time: Sep 15, 2006, 04:38 PM #83 of 143
I've also played a MMORPG for quite a long time now (FFXI), but I really can't say it's the best game I've ever played, though it would probably be the one I've played the most.

The Fallout games (1 and 2) are probably my favourites. The setting is just absolutely dead on, and I love the fact that it doesn't hold back on the "mature themes". Don't get me wrong, stuff like that doesn't make a game great, but it can certainly add a lot when it's used in the right way.
Fallout does just this, and it feels completely natural within the world of the game.
It's also perhaps the best games I've played when it comes to the roleplaying. In this game I feel like I really have choices. I really like Baldurs gate and the Elder Scrolls series as well, but if it's roleplaying I want, Fallout is definetely the winner.

I also love the sheer volume of different random encounters. Playing this game for the first time (I played 2 first), it was actually quite scary to travel the wastes because it's really dangerous (especially playing it for the first time)! But you can also encounter merchants and so much other stuff... It's really awesome.
These games are not perfect, but the scope and the sheer volume of stuff there is makes them a true winner for me. Awesome games.

I'm just now playing Arcanum, which is reminiscant of the Fallout series in that it's quite a good roleplaying game. I'm really enjoying it (is has a rather unique setting to), but it doesn't quite reach the wonder of Fallout. Still a very good game that I'd recommend to anyone that likes Fallout.

How ya doing, buddy?
Makaar
Perfect Dark Zero Enthusiast

Member 12015

Level 6.89

Sep 2006

Old Sep 15, 2006, 06:03 PM #84 of 143
Sims (originals), Diablo 1-2, Shadow Warrior, Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Postal 2, Battlefield 1942, Deer Hunter 2 and 4, Baldur's Gate, Dark Forces, Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, Ultima Online (Although its an MMO), Morrowind, and that's about all that comes to mind. What does the above list say about my computer's specs? Not a whole lot.

FAV: DooM

Most amazing jew boots
randomwab
Aquila Jama 'oca

Member 494

Level 14.66

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2006, 06:44 PM Local time: Sep 15, 2006, 11:44 PM #85 of 143
Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars

In every way shape and form my favourite PC, PSX and GBA game, and also my number 1 favourite game of all time.

Everything is perfect. It's adventure gaming at it's best, and point and click at it's best. It has a great story, great voice acting, great animation. It's just amazing.

Some other to make this list would be Duke Nukem 3D, Monkey Island (all of them), Sam and Max, Half-Life 1 and 2, Counter-Strike and others I can't think of.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Welcome to Silent Hill
shawnchi
GaMeRz

Member 12683

Level 1.00

Sep 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 07:23 AM #86 of 143
Far Cry!!!!! de best!!! yet a little too freaky.

Double Post:
the last level of far cry is extreamly hard, so it's pretty annoying.

Double Post:
does any1 else play far cry?

Double Post:
da reason i like far cry is because:
1. Ragdoll style death!
2. can see bullet holes when you shoot someone dead, or when you shoot a already dead person.
3. Freaky aliens!!!!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by shawnchi; Sep 17, 2006 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Nissay
~ ~

Member 12645

Level 5.19

Sep 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 08:38 AM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 02:38 PM #87 of 143
Monkey Island series..although i played the first two on my old amiga 500^^

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Nissay; Sep 25, 2006 at 09:03 AM.
Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 12:52 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 11:52 AM #88 of 143
The Sims 2: [Expansions]

That's the only original PC game I've played that wasn't a port, multi-platform, or MMOG recently. When I first started playing it was so friggin fun. But now it's kind of repetative and annoying, as if I've seen everything in it already which I haven't. I've been looking for some good games worth playing that support gamepads. I really can't wait until PSU comes out.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
TGC
Wark!

Member 1326

Level 3.31

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:15 PM #89 of 143
All about Counter Strike...

I still play 1.6, but lately it's not the game that makes me wanna quit, but the hackers. CS:S sucks btw.

mallocks
Wark!

Member 2477

Level 2.50

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 07:10 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 01:10 PM #90 of 143
Civilization II, lost more hours to the scenarios on that than to most of my other games combined. Truly brilliant game.

Most amazing jew boots
Antignition
Chocobo

Member 7743

Level 11.38

May 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 05:59 AM #91 of 143
Well, not necessarily my favorite but my most memorable games would be back in the early 90s, the ones I spent my preteen years on, which really amounted no more than ID Software's Wolfentein 3D/Doom I & II.

Aside from that, I have to say Ion Storm is up there with Black Isle as being leagues ahead of any other company, for making the Thief series (all 3 were great) and Deus Ex. It's insane how easy it is to look past the outdated graphics for these games (except Thief 3, which looks pretty good), still find myself replaying 2 or more of these games every year. Of course both of those companies went bankrupt...apparently marketing outways quality.

Also a big fan of
-Baldur's Gate I & II (Icewind Dale was also pretty good)
-Planescape Torment (would love to finish but the 640x480 res is really hard to look past)
-Half-Life 2

It's a damn shame that no recent computer games have come even close to how awesome the old Ion Storm games were, but at the same time it prevents me from shelling out $1500 for computer upgrades.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
tylermoore
Carob Nut

Member 13292

Level 3.93

Sep 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 10:03 AM #92 of 143
replying

id say that the best game so far would be um um gunz but thats offline well luancher is messed some ppl get in lots dont then i say that need for speed most wanted pretty good if ur bored

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
im not a nerd but i want to work for microsoft and make things like games tech make good money have a wife big place happy children and a dog
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:26 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 04:26 PM #93 of 143
My personal favorites are Civilization IV and SimCity IV. For some reason, I just love those games... I have played every version of each series.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jonathan Ingram
Rattle Your Goddamn Head!

Member 135

Level 9.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 02:22 PM #94 of 143
One more for the Deus Ex camp here. I don't think I could be friends with anyone who couldn't find enjoyment from that game.

Sadly, the only version I've been able to play all the way through was the watered-down PS2 port .

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 10:21 PM Local time: Oct 6, 2006, 08:21 PM #95 of 143
Lots of gems listed off so far, and maybe I missed where someone mentioned this one, but I'm a bit sad that nobody's come up with either of the Fallout games so far. Those were badass.

I think the game that I have the fondest memories of playing, though, was a less-known MMO back in the day called Asheron's Call. The graphics weren't anything amazing, but the gameplay was incredibly fun. I miss it. The servers still exist, but it's just not the same anymore. I hope sometime the server software leaks.

FELIPE NO
Shoeless
The questgiver.

Member 834

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 01:34 AM #96 of 143
Sam and Max Hit the Road, Master of Orion, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, and Civilization 3. I can't choose any of those titles to be my favorite. I love them all equally.

How ya doing, buddy?
Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 07:17 PM #97 of 143
Space Quest 6, Dark Fall, Police Quest 4, Lighthouse, Commander Keen 4, Duke Nukem 3D, Baldur's Gate II, Omikron: The Nomad Soul and Max Payne are my favourite PC games ever. They were so fun and each had their special moments. I invested tons of time into these games. Nowadays, there are too many similar PC games. It's all just those war games.

gazillionaire
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 13509

Level 1.02

Oct 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 07:34 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2006, 06:34 PM #98 of 143
THE ultimate 7 favorites are:

1. Eve-Online (best Online Game Ever Made, still playing :biggrin: )
2. Lord of Magic 2 (wish they made another!)
3. Diablo2 & expansion (no brainer but great)
4. Heroes of Might and Magic 2 (graphics weren't great, but gameplay was awesome!)
5. Red Alert 2 & expansion (cause i was unbeatable at it against peers)
6. WarCraft2 & expansion (first multiplayer experience, lost over 100games before winning 3... [played first time multiplayer with a guy who had game for 1year already... unfair!])
7. Civilization 2
7.5. Homeworld 2 (because of the 3dimensional combat)

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by gazillionaire; Oct 8, 2006 at 07:52 PM.
ADestroyah

Member 13832

Level 1.86

Oct 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 02:09 AM #99 of 143
Starcraft, nothing else even comes close. Ok, maybe Diablo 2.. Starcarft is one of my contenders for best game ever, period. It was the first game I played online for free, (The first game I played online was MultiPlayer Battletech: Solaris on the Gamestorm network) and is the only one that interests me in muliplayer, aside from d2. I can't play D2 Online though because of my slow connection. I don't see why MMORPGS are so popular.. Then again, I've never played one thanks to said connection.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
fiercedeity
LOL FAG!

Member 8055

Level 11.82

Jun 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 07:01 PM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 12:01 AM #100 of 143

(The last pic is the Trogdor game!!! AWESOME!)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by fiercedeity; Oct 12, 2006 at 07:05 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] What is your Favorite PC game EVER?