Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: What are tomatoes to you?
OMG...I simply can't survive one day without tomatoes! 19 25.68%
Yup, I eat them...but I can live with or without them. 36 48.65%
Tomatoes are poisonous to me! Not touching it... 19 25.68%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

TOMATOES: LOVE THEM OR HATE THEM?

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2007, 02:16 AM #51 of 65
Homegrown fruits and veggies are awesome
Seriously. If you're getting all your plant food out of a refrigerated case at the local Kroger's, you have absolutely no frame of comparison to what those foods are actually like when they're remotely fresh.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2007, 08:43 AM 2 #52 of 65
There is nothing more delicious than garden cherry tomatoes. I will cut the first nigger who says otherwise, and the ashes from his body will make fine fertilizer for my crops.

Most amazing jew boots
Artix
Banned

Member 24375

Level 1.47

Sep 2007

Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:19 AM #53 of 65
They are all right. I could live without them but they are occasionally somewhat good. I only eat them sometimes on sandwhiches though. One of my friends at school could take a tomato and bite straight into it. Now I could never do that. They are just too slimy for my liking.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Ozma
Here's Johnny!!!

Member 10311

Level 25.67

Jul 2006

Old Sep 10, 2007, 10:50 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2007, 10:50 AM #54 of 65
You guys are making me envious with all this talk of homegrown foods. I need to move somewhere that isn't all desert so I can do the same.
Then just move to a village and grow yourself a farm. Isn't that simple?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2007, 05:32 AM Local time: Sep 11, 2007, 02:32 AM 1 #55 of 65
Reading through this thread left me dumbfounded at how many people hate their taste buds. Cherry tomatoes are the best thing in the world. Biting into one is an explosion of yum. Hamburgers are better with tomatoes. Salads are better with tomatoes. Tacos? Better with tomatoes. Tomato soup? Goddamn.

The only form I've ever not liked tomatoes in was stewed when I was a kid, but I've even come to tolerate those now. Ketchup I'm not so hot on, I don't hate it, but it's not really comparable to the real thing. Best thing about them is the clean taste and watery texture, a value that's lost on the thick condiment.

FELIPE NO
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2007, 05:19 PM #56 of 65
I can't stand raw tomatoes. Tomatoes in general, really...

Except for in pasta sauce. Though if it has chunks of tomato in it... Ew. I hate the texture of tomatoes, I'm not sure why.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Lycanthrope
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 24695

Level 3.41

Sep 2007

Old Sep 22, 2007, 05:22 PM #57 of 65
I love the smell but absolutely hate to eat raw tomatoes.

I do, however, love salsa, ketchup, and other tomato products, so some folks think I'm weird.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
kinkymagic
I made more lousy pictures than any actor in history.

Member 1409

Level 16.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 06:16 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2007, 11:16 PM #58 of 65
I picked Tomatoes one summer, I wasn't too fond of them beforehand but now the smell of them makes me feel physically sick.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

“When I slap you you'll take it and like it.”
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 10:12 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2007, 08:12 PM #59 of 65
You know what, chief? I spent the better part of my childhood (CHILDHOOD) picking oranges, olives, tomatoes, watermelons, grapes, a large assortment of chili peppers and lemons (complete with 2"-long thorns that can pierce leather work gloves), however, I didn't develop a proximity-driven hate for these items; in fact, I love them even more because of it.

All I'm saying is that if you REALLY like something, a little honest work that never killed you should actually enhance your love of it because you now know what it takes to get it to a dinner table.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Elegy
Sea King!

Member 7052

Level 11.50

May 2006

Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:21 PM #60 of 65
I used to hate tomatoes before I started cooking a lot. I always thought they tasted gross and I'd never include them in anything I hate. However, I've grown to like them a lot and I think they can really make a dish better. I wouldn't just cut one up and eat it straight, but they're great mixed in with stuff.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2007, 01:23 AM Local time: Oct 6, 2007, 11:23 PM #61 of 65
As a kid my mom used to make me eat them raw with honey on them. While it wasn't particularly repulsive, I'm definitely less fond of that combination. Otherwise I love tomatoes, I can't stand cheese or cream so any sort of tomato based sauce on my pasta is my favorite.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lambert
Matematician-on-holiday

Member 24701

Level 2.50

Sep 2007

Old Dec 2, 2007, 11:33 AM Local time: Dec 2, 2007, 05:33 PM #62 of 65
A day without a tomato is a wasted day! But I remember myself being forced to eat tomatoes when I was a kid, I hated that. I turned out fine few months after they stopped doing that. Parents shouldn't do that to their children. It's like.. they should, but with sense. Otherwise their children will complain on GFF=) Parents who force their children to tomatoes: shame on you! Future parents: let this be a lesson for you=)

Most amazing jew boots
war
Carob Nut

Member 27210

Level 4.12

Dec 2007

Old Dec 24, 2007, 09:12 AM #63 of 65
Tomatoes got so much to offer. After all it's what makes pizza a pizza.

By the way a lot of shipping companies like to use a needle and some sort of edible homogeneous liquid and makes the tomaotes ripe faster going from green to red artificially fast. Your best best is to get those cherry or grape style and take it from there. Roma tomaotes is more like to get the needel as well.
Having a tomato garden will allow it to be naturally grown and ripen.

FELIPE NO
I've got all day to do nothing
Angelwing
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 27450

Level 2.86

Dec 2007

Old Dec 29, 2007, 04:38 PM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 03:38 PM #64 of 65
I LOVE tomatoes. In salads, on sandwiches, eaten plain, cooked, tomato sauce, ketchup...pretty much any way. I even enjoy tomato juice, although most commercial juices are way too salty, thus ruining the wonderful tomato taste. My only problem with tomatoes is the price, which is horrendous (at least it usually is over here).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > TOMATOES: LOVE THEM OR HATE THEM?