Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Graduate School

FlozaxRollins
Carob Nut

Member 26358

Level 4.12

Nov 2007

Old Apr 1, 2009, 05:52 PM #26 of 27
I'm attending Graduate School for Comics...nuf' said.

...but for those who are curious: comics is a passion of mine, but not necessarily a profitable one. MFA = teaching job just about anywhere should frelancing fail me.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
deadally
Chocobo

Member 506

Level 14.33

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2009, 02:27 PM #27 of 27
Well, to answer the main question posed in the first post, I have found graduate school to be a logical extension of undergraduate education at a pace that is quicker. My program is a PhD in Biomedical Sciences. Thankfully, it's a lucrative-enough field that I get a tuition waiver, health insurance, and a sizable stipend, so there's not a huge financial justification to my decision (immediately, that is...I don't have to take out loans to be here!). Sure, I could be making around double if I was simply a BS Chemist, but I'd rather aim higher.

I do not envy somebody in the humanities right now considering graduate school. The job market is piss poor in general, and you'll be paying a ton of money to attack your goal.

It's a shame, really! The humanities disciplines can really help you develop critical thinking skills and reading skills. The reading thing may not seem kinda "duh," but developing your comprehension, speed, and focus in reading puts you in line to learn ANYTHING. It's the only way to really learn science, to read journal articles, and they're rarely a nice jaunt in the park.

Good luck to you!

Most amazing jew boots
Returned

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Graduate School