Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

It's cold.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2007, 10:27 PM #1 of 29
It's cold.

Anyone ever have super happy fun no heat in the winter OKAY MY TURN

This is the second Thanksgiving (not in a row) where the heater's been on the fritz. The first time the heater was fixed shortly after, but it was cold for a few weeks there so life was sucking. Hopefully, this time it will be fixed expediently.

Also spent a frozen week in January once~

NOW YOU

Jam it back in, in the dark.
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Nov 23, 2007, 10:30 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2007, 08:30 PM #2 of 29
My heater works.

Tucson is on a snow advisory. It was like 70 today.

The people who work at the National Weather Service had a little too much wine with their turkey, methinks.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
and Brandy does her best to understand
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Nov 23, 2007, 10:32 PM Local time: Nov 24, 2007, 12:02 AM #3 of 29
My heater that I have for my room for rent takes a long time to charge up and the owners of the house don't want me to keep the heater on all day, so it kind of sucks that by the time I get home from work and I turn on the heater, the room finally gets warm by the time I go to bed.

It doesn't help as well that with the days getting much colder I'm constantly outdoors because of my job in -15 Degrees Celsius cold at the current moment. I can't wait when I get to do all my field work in January/February where its constantly -30/-35 Degress Celsius on a weekly basis. I survived it one winter, I guess I can survive it for another winter as well.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2007, 10:33 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2007, 07:33 PM #4 of 29
It was near seventy Wednesday. It snowed during the night today.

Good thing it's nice and toasty in here.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2007, 10:54 PM Local time: Nov 24, 2007, 04:54 AM #5 of 29
I'm pretty warm right now. But I left the house earlier. That was pretty cold.

How ya doing, buddy?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2007, 10:56 PM #6 of 29
When I was living in Worcester in our apartment, the heater's pilot light CONTINUOUSLY went out all winter long. It would conveniently go out in the middle of the night and I would wake up FREEZING at 5am to go to work. I would have to go in the kitchen, fumble for the matches, sit my fat ass down on the tile floor and light the pilot in the bottom of the stove. If that sounds odd - it is. The pilot in the stove was also the pilot for the heating system in the house. Don't ask me.

One time this past winter, the heat went out. I woke up, able to see my breath when I walked to the bathroom.

I hate it when the heat goes out. But I have plenty of blubber to keep me warm.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2007, 10:57 PM 1 #7 of 29
I'm asking about the winters you've spent cold, not how warm you guys are currently, you TINY LIMP-DICKED FAGGOTS.

All except for angel of light, since he has a crappy job, and Sass, who can read.

FELIPE NO
i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Nov 23, 2007, 11:27 PM Local time: Nov 24, 2007, 12:27 AM #8 of 29
Well, two years ago I was living in an appartment owned by the laziest landlord of all times, and the heat went out in the middle of february, during two weeks averaging -30°celsius... I called two or three times, he said he was gonna be right on it.

In the end I waited for two whole weeks, sleeping with four shirts on and two pairs each of socks and pants. He ended up coming to the house on for unrelated reasons and I caught him just in time to get him to check it out. Apparently, he had "forgotten". Ended up it was only a burnt fuse in the electrical system. I coulda killed the bastard when I found that out...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Juggle dammit
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2007, 11:31 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2007, 08:31 PM #9 of 29
And here I was just trying to make you feel bad.

The nerve of some people.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2007, 11:34 PM #10 of 29
Our apartment complex has heating vats at the base on the right sides of every room (just 4) and naturally we assumed that the largest room (the living room) heating vat will work quite well like our bedrooms'. Apparently not. After a year and a winter, we finally realized after asking our landlord about it, that our air conditioner has the heat option on the dial.

You may call us the most retarded couple now.

love your avatar!

Last edited by Philia; Nov 23, 2007 at 11:38 PM.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2007, 11:34 PM 1 #11 of 29
Well, two years ago I was living in an appartment owned by the laziest landlord of all times, and the heat went out in the middle of february, during two weeks averaging -30°celsius... I called two or three times, he said he was gonna be right on it.

In the end I waited for two whole weeks, sleeping with four shirts on and two pairs each of socks and pants. He ended up coming to the house on for unrelated reasons and I caught him just in time to get him to check it out. Apparently, he had "forgotten". Ended up it was only a burnt fuse in the electrical system. I coulda killed the bastard when I found that out...
aw dude, that's the most bullshit thing I ever heard of. you should've been calling him every morning at 5 am.

WHERE MY HEAT BRAH

WHERE MY HEAT

How ya doing, buddy?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2007, 11:41 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2007, 11:41 PM #12 of 29
We got the soft end of the stick down here. Last week it was in the high 70's low 80's, and now we're in the 50's and 60's.

Our heater's broken too, but I guess I can't complain when all I have to do is slap on a sweater or extra blanket and still feel peachy.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2007, 11:42 PM #13 of 29
It was 68 in Philly yesterday for Thanksgiving(the warmest day here in 70 years) and today it was 41 and is now like 30ish degrees. It got really cold in one day and dropped like 20 degrees in a matter of hours yesterday.

I love the cold and never get cold so I don't mind it.

Most amazing jew boots
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.

Last edited by DragoonKain; Nov 24, 2007 at 11:08 PM.
i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Nov 23, 2007, 11:53 PM Local time: Nov 24, 2007, 12:53 AM #14 of 29
aw dude, that's the most bullshit thing I ever heard of. you should've been calling him every morning at 5 am.

WHERE MY HEAT BRAH

WHERE MY HEAT
Well, believe you me, that's what I'd do today. Wasn't as much the go-getter back then. I was glad to get out of that place.

Then again, there were certain perks... Like being able to have the band I was playing in at the time over and jamming in the living room 'til the cows came home without as much as a peep from the neighbors. (the other members of the band, incidentally )

How ya doing, buddy?

Juggle dammit
Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Nov 24, 2007, 12:24 AM #15 of 29
My family's apartment is the worst for heat. Every year, at least once a week, we'll ask each other "Is the radiator working?" and check every radiator in every room... most of the time they aren't. Call the landlord, he gets it going for another week or so... come next week, repeat cycle.

It also doesn't help that our house (more specifically, the room I share with my two sisters) has so much shit in it that the radiator is basically blocked by shelving. We used to have a kerosene heater... my folks got rid of that because all the junk would probably start a fire.

I'm under 6 blankets right now, and I'm FREEZING.

FELIPE NO
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Nov 24, 2007, 12:38 AM Local time: Nov 23, 2007, 10:38 PM #16 of 29
I lived with some people for a while who didn't like to turn on the heat much (I wasn't paying the utility so I didn't complain).

Once, I had to wear pajama pants to bed. TRUE STORY

Also, lol @ gas heaters and pilot lights and shit. What is this, the USSR.

How ya doing, buddy?
and Brandy does her best to understand
crabman
NEWS!

Member 17465

Level 11.09

Dec 2006

Old Nov 24, 2007, 12:39 AM Local time: Nov 23, 2007, 10:39 PM #17 of 29
lol, i'm from Arizona, what we view as "cold" is entirely different from the rest of the nation. What I think is cold is like... anything under 75 degrees. So yeah, it was freezing this thanksgiving, it was 68...

Soooo, do I get points for being leet?
RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Nov 24, 2007, 01:21 AM Local time: Nov 24, 2007, 01:21 AM #18 of 29
It was fucking 75 degrees 5 days ago here in Kansas. Now it's 24 degrees. We had snow on Thanksgiving. (No wind thankfully.)

It looks like the cold weather is definitely in for the long haul now. I wish I were fat so I had means for combatting the frigid environs.

TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Nov 24, 2007, 01:50 AM 1 #19 of 29
OH GOD I'M SO TOASTY HOT BECAUSE MY ASS IS SITTING DIRECTLY ON THE HEATER AND I'M EATING MY STOVE, I BET YOU ENVY ME LURKER

One winter, the electricity went out in my city for an entire weekend, and it happened to be one of those weekends where the temperature dropped around 0 degrees. My family spent the night sleeping under piles of blankets and with our clothes. I also remember us trying to go to a coney island for dinner because they had electricity and heat, but the line to eat stretched out the door and into the cold. That weekend was so grueling, I killed myself at the end of it, and I was never heard from again.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Nov 24, 2007, 05:43 AM Local time: Nov 24, 2007, 02:43 AM #20 of 29
Where I grew up it would normally only get in the low 40s at night, but to me that's really cold. The heater we had was a floor heater in the dining room and it warmed the front of the house really nicely. The bedrooms were at the back of the house, though, so my sister and I would have at least four blankets each during the winter.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2007, 05:57 AM Local time: Nov 24, 2007, 03:57 AM #21 of 29
Every winter that goes by here is kind of bland considering winters I've spent in Minnesotta, Wisconsin or New York but the first winter we spent here in the States still strikes me as the worst I've ever spent. It may have been that I was way too young to endure 30 degrees without a heater in the house, but I didn't like it at all... I remember entire sleepless nights on a tile floor in a paper-thin sleeping bag and, you know what? I FUCKING HATED IT.

Now it's different. I actually LOVE winters because, here in the Central Valley, they're actually cold and, you know, not frozen. I can just bundle up and be OK to go, even outside of the the house. Most days I can just wear one of my wool sweaters and be nice and warm all day. It's really the only thing I like about the Central Valley because the summers are god-fucked-me-in-the-ass awful.

Most amazing jew boots
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Nov 24, 2007, 08:49 AM Local time: Nov 24, 2007, 01:49 PM #22 of 29
Two years ago I was allocated a two-man dorm at the top of the house. In the roof cavity. Where there is no insulation and no central heating. And one of the windows was broken and they "didn't have the funding to fix it".

I slept under two duvets and a trenchcoat every night for over a month.

How ya doing, buddy?
Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2007, 11:42 AM Local time: Nov 24, 2007, 09:42 AM #23 of 29
When I was working in Vegas as a mechanic during Winter, it sucked pretty hard. Mechanics shops are open. And I was working at this hole in the wall. All we had was this jet fuel heater that we could put diesel in. But the Boss wouldn't spend more than 5 bucks to put in it, cuz he was a cheap fucking asshole. That and he wouldn't let us close the garage doors, not even halfway.

But it was windy as hell, probably in the 40's, and I'm trying to work with my hands. Never goes so well.

FELIPE NO
Syndrome
Esper

Member 211

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2007, 03:00 PM Local time: Nov 24, 2007, 10:00 PM #24 of 29
What is dis American shit? -30 celcius?
Seriously. Even if I turn off the radiators with blazing wolf-winter outside, the house doesn't get anywhere near 0 celcius.

Isolation bitchiz.
(And this is coming from someone who lives in a land where polar bears roams the inner city streets)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Nov 24, 2007, 03:05 PM Local time: Nov 24, 2007, 04:05 PM #25 of 29
What is dis American shit? -30 celcius?
Seriously. Even if I turn off the radiators with blazing wolf-winter outside, the house doesn't get anywhere near 0 celcius.

Isolation bitchiz.
(And this is coming from someone who lives in a land where polar bears roams the inner city streets)
I was reffering to OUTSIDE temperature, obviously. And for the record, I'm in teh Canada.

Additional spam:

And this house was old, and not isolated for jack shit, hence it probably did drop somewhere below 0° during that time period inside the house. So there.

Juggle dammit

Last edited by i am good at jokes; Nov 24, 2007 at 03:52 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > It's cold.