Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Request] About "Opera 'Maria and Draco'" (FFVI)

Revoc
River Chocobo

Member 9814

Level 23.49

Jul 2006

Old Apr 2, 2008, 10:48 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2008, 12:48 AM #1 of 10
About "Opera 'Maria and Draco'" (FFVI)

First, the four acts and track times:

"Overture": 4:48
"Aria Di Mezzo Carattere": 3:57
"The Wedding Waltz ~ Duel": 4:02
"Grand Finale?": 3:16

And the all versions:

Orchestral Game Concert 4 (arranged by Kosuke Onozaki): 23:10 Download
Tour de Japon - music from Final Fantasy (arranged by Shiro Hamaguchi): 12:46 Part 1 Part 2
More Friends - music from Final Fantasy (arranged by Shiro Hamaguchi): 12:27 Part 1 Part 2
VOICES - music from Final Fantasy (arranged by Shiro Hamaguchi): 13:40 Part 1 Part 2
Distant Worlds - music from Final Fantasy (arranged by Shiro Hamaguchi): 12:13 Part 1 Part 2
The Black Mages III (Tsuyoshi Sekito, Kenichiro Fukui and Michio Okamiya): 15:32 Part 1 Part 2

So, my doubts about all this versions:

1 - Why OCG4 version have 23 minutes if the original version have more or less only 16?
2 - Despite some minor differences, I believe that Tour de Japon / More Friends / Voices / Distant Worlds is the same version, arranged by Shiro Hamaguchi. This version is complete, with the four acts?
3 - I heard in a review that "Darkness and Starlight" arrange don't have the final act, "Grand Finale?". But strangely Kenichiro Fukui arranged the fourth part. But what is this fourth part?

Thanks in advance.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
ZiggyGo
Mountain Chocobo

Member 29067

Level 26.11

Mar 2008

Old Apr 2, 2008, 10:51 PM #2 of 10
The fourth part to the Black Mages arrangement is a reprise of the Aria.

Most amazing jew boots
Revoc
River Chocobo

Member 9814

Level 23.49

Jul 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 12:33 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2008, 02:33 PM #3 of 10
The fourth part to the Black Mages arrangement is a reprise of the Aria.
You're right, ZiggyGo. Listening all versions again I noticed that only OCG4 version have the fourth act, "Grand Finale?", and all arranges finish with a reprises of "Aria Di Mezzo Carattere", like "Darkness and Starlight". Anyway, it will be cool if someone could confirm this information.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Revoc
River Chocobo

Member 9814

Level 23.49

Jul 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 07:21 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2008, 09:21 AM #4 of 10
By the way, I found another interesting information in Michio Okamiya's post at The Blog Mages 2008:

"The part which I arranged is "part 3". And it has a added part which had been in Uematsu-san's head for about several years. So, this will be the first time full version of Maria and Draco appears. The added part is the Battle scene of Ralse and Draco, so the guitar and Uematsu-san's organ are played hard just like a battle of them! I hope you'll have fun listening to it!"

Someone know what part is Okamiya talking about?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Mr. X
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1902

Level 21.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 07:31 AM #5 of 10
It's the part where The Black Mages are singing the chorus. It's original and probably my favourite part of the whole track.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Revoc
River Chocobo

Member 9814

Level 23.49

Jul 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 07:37 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2008, 09:37 AM #6 of 10
It's the part where The Black Mages are singing the chorus. It's original and probably my favourite part of the whole track.
Interesting. But do you know what's the name of the track in OST, Mr. X? And do you know if OGC4 includes this part?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Mr. X
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1902

Level 21.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 08:10 AM #7 of 10
The part I'm referring to is 9:32 to 11:54 (maybe to 12:25 but that is maybe Fukui). I think it is entirely new so not based on anything in the OSV or OGC4.

FELIPE NO
Revoc
River Chocobo

Member 9814

Level 23.49

Jul 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 08:59 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2008, 10:59 AM #8 of 10
The part I'm referring to is 9:32 to 11:54 (maybe to 12:25 but that is maybe Fukui). I think it is entirely new so not based on anything in the OSV or OGC4.
You're absolutely right, Mr. X. I heard the track "The Wedding Waltz ~ Duel" in OSV and this part don't exist in original. By the way, in all perfomances (OGC4 and others), "Opera 'Maria and Draco'" is always played without choir. Only "Darkness and Starlight" have.

But Okamiya is wrong when he talks "So, this will be the first time full version of Maria and Draco appears", because the Black Mages's arrange don't have "Gran Finale?".:P

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Mr. X
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1902

Level 21.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 09:07 AM #9 of 10
Arguably, Nobuo Uematsu never intended "Grand Finale?" to be a core part of the opera sequence. After all, the theme was used outside the opera in a variety of contexts unlike the other three pieces. It has also only featured in one concert performance, Orchestral Game Concert 4, and this was conducted by Kosuke Onozaki who is related to Koichi Sugiyama rather than Nobuo Uematsu. That said, I personally love "Grand Finale?" and found it worked spectacularly in OGC4.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Revoc
River Chocobo

Member 9814

Level 23.49

Jul 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 09:19 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2008, 11:19 AM #10 of 10
Arguably, Nobuo Uematsu never intended "Grand Finale?" to be a core part of the opera sequence. After all, the theme was used outside the opera in a variety of contexts unlike the other three pieces. It has also only featured in one concert performance, Orchestral Game Concert 4, and this was conducted by Kosuke Onozaki who is related to Koichi Sugiyama rather than Nobuo Uematsu. That said, I personally love "Grand Finale?" and found it worked spectacularly in OGC4.
Very interesting, Mr. X. Thanks for all information.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [Request] About "Opera 'Maria and Draco'" (FFVI)