Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Crazy Launch
Closed Thread

Geddings
Wark!

Member 15510

Level 2.74

Nov 2006

Old Nov 17, 2006, 04:39 PM #1 of 4
Crazy Launch

Hey everyone. First of all im not bashing the PS3 at all here. I think overall it is a good system and in time developers will produce some amazing stuff for it. But i just find it a bit crazy the amount of money and what people are willing to dish out for it.

i wont post links to encourage the people's sales..but you can go on ebay now and see that on average the ps3 is going for over $2,000 (and one link even was just for the 20 gig version for over 2 grand!)

Now for those of you who did stand in line and wait for it (if you had the time to do so) and got one. then good for you of course. but lets just hope that the rest of you didnt go to too much risk or sacrifice to get one.

One thing i think everyone needs to realize is that the better games for the system will not even be out this year anyways.

I will just be slightly amused when 4 months from now i can go in any store and pick up a playstation 3 for 600 bucks while dozens of others have spent thousands online for the same thing in 4 months i'll have much more selection of ps3 games to choose from too!

everyone i just wanted to say if you are stressed that you wanted one at launch and didnt get one ...dont worry about it too much. It will be there and in much more quantities early next year.

i love video gaming as much as the next guy on here but i just think sometimes people can get a little bit ridiculous :-p

now then...if it included final fantasy 13 that might be a different story but the "biggest" game for the ps3 right now is Fall of Man. and while it does look good ...bottom line its really just another shooter and i doubt really offers all much earth shattering difference then what else is out there too.

yes eventually i will get a playstation 3 but i dont mind the wait.

(besides you can still enjoy the coverage and videos and stuff without even owning the system yet...just something to look foward to)

heres another thought too:

if you are tempted to spend over 2,000 bucks for a ps3 why not just get a brand new high end computer instead? i mean at least you have much much more options and selection with that then the small few ps3 games that are out right now :-p

or get a nice HD camcorder and wow your friends! :-p you get the idea. if you have over $2,000 to blow why not buy something that the price isnt swelled 400 percent? :-)

well anyways thats just my thoughts on the whole thing.. i think the ebay thing is just silly and if its mostly parents tryign to buy them for there kids well no offense but that kids pretty spoiled then :-p

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 17, 2006, 04:44 PM Local time: Nov 17, 2006, 03:44 PM #2 of 4
Not to be rude, but I'd suggest posting in one of our many PS3 threads and next-gen console launch threads next time, rather than making your own.

EDIT: Here. http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/so...on-thread.html
Click for great justice.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Ayos; Nov 17, 2006 at 04:48 PM.
Geddings
Wark!

Member 15510

Level 2.74

Nov 2006

Old Nov 17, 2006, 04:56 PM #3 of 4
i guess so but since its in the general news now i thought it would be ok.

btw i found no justice in that thread. "cries" no justice at all!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Nov 18, 2006, 08:57 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 11:57 AM #4 of 4
Thanks for the advice, but the launch has already happened, your time travelling adventures back in time to warn video game fans about HD camcorders being a more 'wow' video game system than the PlayStation 3 has failed!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Crazy Launch