Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

A question about Dragon Quest soundtracks

Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 05:31 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 04:31 PM #1 of 3
A question about Dragon Quest soundtracks

So...I'm one of the very few people in this world who has never played a Dragon Quest game or listened to any of its older music.

I've had the soundtracks for 7 and 8 on my HD for a while, but never sat and listened to them until Eriol posted the Itadiki Street Special Gamerip with some remixed tunes between it and Final Fantasy.

From there I downloaded the 7 CD Symphonic Suite boxset and I really like what I'm hearing. I have several SPC files from what I assume are SNES rereleases and new games but what I want to know is, are there any CD's that collect the original sound versions of the music from Dragon Quests 1-6 (similar to the many Final Fantasy CD's) that don't have sound effects mixed in or am I crap out of luck? Basically I'm trying to find out what kind of stuff to look for so I can hear more of this music.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Dubble; Sep 22, 2006 at 05:33 PM.
seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 06:07 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 01:07 AM #2 of 3
Originally Posted by Dubble
what I want to know is, are there any CD's that collect the original sound versions of the music from Dragon Quests 1-6 (similar to the many Final Fantasy CD's) that don't have sound effects mixed in or am I crap out of luck?
As far as the music from the platforms the games were originally released on, only DQ VI (as far as I know). However, both I & II were re-released on the SNES and got proper soundtrack releases and the PSX version of IV did as well.

How ya doing, buddy?
Mr. X
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1902

Level 21.68

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 07:50 PM #3 of 3
I believe all Dragon Quest scores but Dragon Quest V have some sort of original score release outside the 'Original Game Sound Story'. However, the early ones (DQI-DQIV) were for remakes as Seanne said.

An excellent trio of three disc compilations featuring near-enough all DQI-VII in-game music is still readily available for purchase. They're all prefixed by 'Dragon Quest Game Music Super Collection'.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > A question about Dragon Quest soundtracks