Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] What do you like to pretend you're an MLG fag at?

Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:48 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2008, 03:18 AM #1 of 27
What do you like to pretend you're an MLG fag at?

I'm sure out of all the games we have ever played there is always a select few or even one game in particular in which we really excel at in the sense that we become so incredibly good at playing it we tend to see ourselves as a professional or expert when it comes to playing a certain game.

Gaming skill can be defined a lot of ways. It could be based on your hand eye coordination, your puzzle solving skills, your ability to strategize, your speed, your knowledge and a whole bunch of other aspects.

To the GFF community out of all the games you've ever played what do you consider your best game in terms of gaming skill. It can definetely be based on a lot things such as, winning a lot of online competitions, managing speed runs, winning tournaments, setting records, getting the highest score or anything else.

I've been strictly an rpg player for the majority of the games that I do play, but the one game or one game series that I consider the best in terms of my gaming skill is not an rpg. Its actually a fighting game. Which is kind of strange since I don't play a lot of them very often, and I tend to be an intermediate player at best toward the majority of them.

The game that I consider my best game in terms of my gaming skill is Rival Schools/Project Justice. This was a fighting game that I didn't even know existed at the time. The only reason I came across it, a friend recommended it to me. I played it and picked up on it incredibly fast. I haven't done anything to really set any world records or anything along those lines when it comes to this game. I'm sure there are probably people in Canada, US, and all over the world that can literally kick my ass in Rival Schools/Project Justice. I've played in a lot of fighting tournaments with this game and to be honest I've won every tournament with this game which is a total of 6 local tournaments I've played. These are against other fighting game players that can kick my ass in other games such as the Guilty Gear, Street Fighter, KOF, Tekken and Soul Calibur.

My favourite teams to use in this game series:

1.) Rival Schools - Hinata/Edge
2.) Project Justice - Hinata/Hideo/Momo

To the GFF community what do you consider you best game in terms of your gaming skill.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jun 13, 2008, 07:26 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2008, 10:26 PM 1 #2 of 27
I've watched played the Road Avenger movie game on Mega CD so many times, I don't need to look at the prompts anymore. TURBO. BRAKE. LEFT. RIGHT. These things are part of me. They flash in my soul.

I am the Road Avenger.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2008, 08:16 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2008, 02:16 PM #3 of 27
In the entire three years I was at university, I only ever lost about three serious games of Soul Blade, including winning a tounament set up in a pub in the middle of Manchester and staying there until 7 in the morning beating all the staff over and over again. I used to put the practice mode on with the CPU set to highest difiiculty and just spend hours practicing blocking combos to the point where I could pretty much anticipate what move was coming at me from most of the characters wind-up animations. The only person who could beat me was my one mate who could never remember the last button of any of the combos. I'd anticipate blocking the last hit which would never come in and by the time I recovered from the missed block he was hitting me with his next opener. Obviously I lost a few silly ones (Sophitia with the Shield Rod against Taki with the Spirit Blade was a push even for me) but I was seriously fucking good at that game.

Originally Posted by Angel Of Light
my best game in terms of my gaming skill is Rival Schools/Project Justice
What's your record on the baseball mini-game? A mate and I sessioned the shit out of that and I think his record was 736 yards for the five balls.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2008, 08:47 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2008, 10:47 AM 1 #4 of 27
I've watched played the Road Avenger movie game on Mega CD so many times...
You know, that game is so over the top that is freaking amazing. The part when you jump over the cliff upside down and the helicopter explodes is fantastic. I used to play it a lot on the Playstation. I found Time Gal a little more harder though. Good times...

In my case, I'd say Goldeneye. I've been playing that game for so long (10 years) that I'm some sort of "expert" on the subject. Not as "expert" as the-elite guys, but pretty close. I've played speedruns, 007 custom difficulty (100% acurancy + enemy rockets), dual analog play, finished the game only with the default weapon (most cases PP7) and some stages without guns, I know every enemy location in every map, etc.

Can't say I'm the best of course, since there is always someone better than you (like the-elite), but it's nice to think about it sometimes .

I must add that I updated my pc recently just to play goldeneye hi-def at real 60fps (hack). I even bought 4 n64 adapters for pc.
Spoiler:

PS: And yes, I can kick your ass with the klobb in the multiplayer .

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2008, 09:24 AM #5 of 27
The game that I consider my best game in terms of my gaming skill is Rival Schools/Project Justice.
Ok see now what you're doing is pre-emptively stealing my answer.

Do you release how awkward this is for both of us?

Sir, I demand satisfaction.

It's Time To Duel.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2008, 09:45 AM #6 of 27
Final Fantasy Tactics takes it for me... I have this particular save in which I have like 10 characters lvl 99 and mastered a good deal of their jobs before chapter 3. The problem is the random creatures in the game are also lvl 99 and my weapons suck, so the random encounters pose quite a challenge.

Either way, I have been considering a PSP seriously for the remake of that game.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:40 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2008, 09:40 AM #7 of 27
My area of expertise for many years was Super Smash Bros. Melee. I used to play that game obsessively for a long time, and it was the standard party game with all my friends. Eventually it got the point that my friends refused to play with me, and the game was soon dropped from the list of activities at parties. I have since fallen out of practice, and when i started playing again this year in university, i rarely win anymore. I've since moved to single player games to obsess over.

FELIPE NO
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:21 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2008, 09:21 AM #8 of 27
I like Faggot no Ronde and various other fighting games save for a select series which will not be mentioned. My experience with the former is outlined in a few journal entries I ceased, since my internet ability to play it with its only real user base (Japan) is horrendously out of order. I did get a kick out of tick throwing Skills in the corner in Street Fighter II' and giving Jessykins the 10 losses in a row achievement in Dead or Alive 4.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:00 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2008, 10:00 AM #9 of 27
The only game I can really think of where I'm at my best is Classic Doom, or Skulltag to be more specific. I don't play it as often as I used to these days, but I was usually kicking ass with the Rocket Launcher, Plasma Gun, Super Shotgun, and even the Chaingun.

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:02 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2008, 09:02 AM #10 of 27
I used to be the shit at Call of Duty 2 on Xbox 360. As long as I had the Kar98k in my hands, I was nearly unstoppable.

I was pretty good at Worms Armageddon as well, but I've gotten so out of practice by now I'd be surprised if I could throw a grenade properly.

SuperDK
ROBO-KY!

Member 654

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2008, 02:49 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2008, 12:49 PM #11 of 27
I love playing Guilty Gear like a tourneyfag. Except, I'm not really that good at it. If anyone wants (and has the PC version), hit me up sometime, always want new people to play...because no one plays against me. By the way, Guilty Gear XX #Reload is being released on XBLM as an Xbox Original soon, so that is another way to play it online! Though you'll have to somehow deal with the 1 second input lag.

I also play other FITAN GAEMS, if anyone cares. ::noonecares::

Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2008, 03:38 PM #12 of 27
It would have to be a few fighting games for me. Tekken Dark Resurrection, NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, King of Fighters XI, and Project Justice.

Tekken Dark Resurrection: Marduk is my weapon of choice. While I didn't play in too many tournaments, I have beaten tournament level players on quite a few occasions. And these are real tournament level players, as in they go to majors and place high. Here's a old vid of the kind of competition I fought on a regular basis back when I was playing a lot more (and a lot worse)

YouTube Video

Now, I'm a lot better at throw breaking and oki, but my juggle execution has gotten terrible. *shrug*

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum: I was damn near unbeatable at my local arcade. I would just pick Marco with whoever and tear it up. I had a few rivals that beat me on occasion, but Marco is just too damn cheesy for them to be able to react to anything.

King of Fighters XI: Same as above, except replace Marco with Gato and Shen Woo. DAMAGE!!!

Project Justice: Won a few local tournaments. This game never had as big of a following as I thought it deserved. I used to tear it up with Roberto, Daigo, and Momo. Nothing like getting your ass kicked by a little girl with a tennis racket.

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2008, 06:03 PM #13 of 27
Probably for me it would be NO Mercy for the N64. THe only person who REALLY posed a difficulty was my bro who played it even more than I. Otherwise, I really had no difficulty with the game. There'd be times we'd have a royal rumble, with the whole purpose being to throw ME out, and it would take them quite a long time if they even did manage to throw me out.

Oh, and of course this also goes with all of No Mercys predecessors. Nothing quite like being Jericho, hitting a top rope hurricanrana, and doing his little pose-and-pin move for the win, haha.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:17 PM #14 of 27
These days? Probably Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Dance Dance Revolution/In The Groove.

Brawl, just for the sake of trying to beat my friends. I just fight way too wrecklessly though.

Since I'd rather play In The Groove at my arcade, I've been attempting to move up to 12 footers as of lately. It's tricky since it requires so much stamina, but for easier songs, I could act like an MLG fag since I'm one of those people who cares way more about accuracy than showing off to beat a hard song. Anything I'm comfortable with I usually get 97% or higher.

And Project Justice? I guess I could add that also. Bring it, I'll use Shoma, Roberto and Hayato on you.

[edit] I just remembered this one. Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon. I LOVE this damn game.

Last edited by Chaotic; Jun 13, 2008 at 11:56 PM.
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:27 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2008, 06:27 PM #15 of 27
Hmm puzzle games, obviously. Namely Puyo Puyo 2 and Tetris. Especially if we're playing in low trash mode or pure endurance. I'm damn hard to beat. My secret? I just play stupid fast .

I want to say the Halo series as well since I've actually participated in MLG sanctioned tournaments. But damn, when you play against a bunch of kids that can headshot you across a map without taking aim, you suddenly feel inadequate ._.
Then again they practically play the game for a living so I don't feel so bad about my skill.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Kairyu; Jun 14, 2008 at 02:24 AM. Reason: fixed~
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Jun 14, 2008, 02:18 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2008, 03:48 AM #16 of 27
Ok see now what you're doing is pre-emptively stealing my answer.

Do you release how awkward this is for both of us?

Sir, I demand satisfaction.

It's Time To Duel.
Sir, I accept your challenge. It should make an interesting fight. I'll tell you what, you bring your copy or I'll bring mine to the next GFF meet and we'll have a big free for all. Then I will be the one that will feel akward if I get my ass handed to me by you. Time to dust that game off my shelf. Get some good practice in.

Shin to be honest, I haven't really played much in terms of the mini games from the rival schools series. I've just always been addicted to the fighting aspects of the game.

I didn't realize how many people actually enjoyed this game series.

TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 02:15 AM #17 of 27
I used to be that way with the Dance Dance Revolution series. I was somewhere in the top ten players in the state of Michigan for a couple years, and won a couple tournaments. Then In the Groove came out, and those songs were just too wearing on my stamina, and I stopped playing at the arcade to save money. So, I no longer play that competitively. I do play a lot of IIDX though. I can't compete on the higher level songs, but my timing is good enough to compete on most of the game. For the non-Japanese online rankings, I'm number 1 on about 120 songs (roughly 5-7% of them?). There are a lot of people better than me, but it's a difficult game and I could hold my own against a large number of the players.

I come into every game with an intention to play it competitively actually. It's something about my mentality with gaming. Even when I open up Solitaire on Windows, I turn on the timer and try and win as fast as possible.

I also play a mean Tetris.

NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 07:15 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2008, 10:45 PM #18 of 27
Gitaroo Man.

It's the only reason I have a PS2. I was a freaking God at that game for about a year, I virtually played it non-stop. Didn't play it for ages (like 2 or 3 years) then picked it up again and after a couple hours I was right back in the swing of things.

Also I am a huge Tekken 4 and 5 fag.

Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:41 AM #19 of 27
Well i'll let you bitches keep bitching, as I will continue the main part of this thread.

To be honest, I find myself to be an expert in the Ace Combat series. While I havent played AC6, I don't know how good my skill is against humans, but believe me I welcome that challenge. I excel in dogfighting and precision bombing.

Also, on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being a god and 1 being a peon...I think i'm a 7-8 when it comes to Street Fighter games. Believe it or not, but playing people constantly on mame, helped me improve my skills and made me faster and stronger.

Also, i'm pretty damn good at Virtual On. Viper II/Cypher ftw :P.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:49 AM #20 of 27
What! Are you claiming to be the most pro at Ace Combat. I challenge you! F-4s, machine guns only.

Lulz aside, I claim to be some kind of expert with FPS games. Gears of War was probably the one that would fit in this category (any of the xblive crew will attest to this) but that was more or less only because I actually DID play with a bunch of MLG idiots who taught me everything about the game from the ground up, glitches and all. That and black people have an innate skill with the shotgun. Don't pose.

If I play any more Halo 3 than I currently do (I've got like 2500+ MM games now) I could also be accused of MLG faggotry.

There's always Ace Combat but I think most of the Belkan Air Force people here take overplaying that series to a new level, myself included so it's not worth mentioning. Who am I kidding, S ranked everything with all medals in every game holla

#654: Braixen

Last edited by Tails; Jun 16, 2008 at 12:10 PM.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:56 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2008, 10:56 AM 1 #21 of 27
I will meet you on the tracks of Tyro Station any day of the week.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:59 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2008, 10:59 AM #22 of 27
Croppin' the shit out of this to save Angel's poor thread.

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 12:01 PM Local time: Jun 16, 2008, 06:01 PM #23 of 27
Well, I would consider myself extremely good at AoE 2, since I played it almost everyday when I still had the time three, four years ago and I am still playing a lot of LAN games every now and then. I think I know the complete technology tree by heart.

Other games I'd expect you to stand no chance: Traders (the intergalactic trading game (?) for PC) and Turbo Toons (SNES)

FELIPE NO
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 12:46 PM #24 of 27
I will challenge you fuckers any day of the week to this:

Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 12:53 PM #25 of 27
What! Are you claiming to be the most pro at Ace Combat. I challenge you! F-4s, machine guns only.

There's always Ace Combat but I think most of the Belkan Air Force people here take overplaying that series to a new level, myself included so it's not worth mentioning. Who am I kidding, S ranked everything with all medals in every game holla
You're on bitch. Though we'd have to play AC6 in order to play one another.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] What do you like to pretend you're an MLG fag at?