Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Fuck these dishes... You wash them.

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 04:53 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 03:53 PM #1 of 26
Fuck these dishes... You wash them.

Fucking thread quality at its finest.

So how do you feel about washing dishes? Do you leave it to someone else? Mom? Girlfriend? Brother? Do ´em yourself?

I´ve recently taken a liking to washing dishes. I like that I can freely think about whatever´s going on in my day while I´m doing them. People seem to leave you the fuck alone when you´re washing dishes too, so thát´s a plus.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:37 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 03:37 PM #2 of 26
I used to hate doing any sort of chores and I'd refuse to help around the house. Then I realized how shitty that was of me, and now I actually enjoy cleaning the house. Washing the dishes and vacuuming are my favorites, though. It's nice to know that what I'm eating off of/with is clean.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:44 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 03:44 PM #3 of 26
At home I am too lazy to even shove them in the dishwasher. I work at a resteraunt as a dishwasher which is better because I get paid and the washing machine is built for speed, just load them up onto a tray and slide them in. I hate going to relatives places that have no dishwasher because I am usually the one to have to do them.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 07:15 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 12:15 AM #4 of 26
I like washing the dishes, so long as I have music playing or something. If I'm staying with my parents though I tend to be really lazy and leave it to them though =s.

On a related note, I have recently started a new job at a hotel as a chambermaid, and I worried myself because I actually enjoy it. All I do all day is clean rooms and make beds but I don't have a problem with it at all.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 07:46 PM #5 of 26
Hey, how coincidental. I just finished cleaning up 3 days worth of dishes for our house.

I really hate doing it. What really makes it troublesome is that every time, and I mean EVERY TIME, that I am doing dishes, one of my housemates has to be doing something in our microscopic kitchen. Because this housemate is on that wacky vegan diet, dinner is always earlier for him than the rest of the house. And rather than do the dishes while we're eating, he has to wait until I've started cooking or cleaning the kitchen to do this.

Always, always in my way.

And this is why I hate doing dishes.

Also, considering that I am pretty much the only one who cooks here as well, the added task of cleaning up my own messes is maddening.

How ya doing, buddy?

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 08:20 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 06:20 PM #6 of 26
Let's just say that I am the only one in my house that knows how to properly load a dishwasher. The water jets all have a fixed direction people, you can't just put in each dish wherever you want, or else the soap and water will never touch the part you eat off of.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

starslight
if you want blood

Member 275

Level 17.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 09:12 PM #7 of 26
I don't mind hand-washing them as long as I can wear the rubber gloves. I definitely lose manliness points for this, but fuck chunks of food touching my bare hands. Fuck that. Gross.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 09:40 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 06:40 PM #8 of 26
I'm always in a hurry whenever I get home from school, so dishes tend to get in the way. I only do dishes during the weekend since my brother takes care of them on weekdays. I'd rather wash dishes than clean the bathroom though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 09:56 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 07:56 PM #9 of 26
Back in my apartment, I was the only one who "mass-washed" dishes. Two of my roommates would only was shit when there was nothing else to use, so I shot them in the face (I wish). My other roommate at least washed the stuff he used. Whatever, I like keeping stuff clean. I'm the only one who vacuumed and dusted around and did most of the bathroom cleaning. :/

At home, I'll wash the dishes if there's a lot and I'm at home. Lately it's been my brother doing it since he's got nothing to do while everyone else is at work or something. Often, my mom somehow does them in the early morning. It's like a superpower.

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 10:11 PM #10 of 26
I hate doing dishes, but if they have to be done I enjoy it more by hand than by dishwasher. My dad yells at the family whenever they don't wash clothes or do dishes, yet whenever we try to do something he will yell at us because it's not the way he would do it. If my mom tries to load the dishwasher, he will start yelling at her b/c she's not loading it right (where every single available piece of space is used).

When I was four I loved doing dishes, but that was before my dad's job turned him into some sort of drill sargent.

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
Chie
Wishful Thinking

Member 10785

Level 9.25

Aug 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 05:46 AM #11 of 26
I only wash the dishes I use and put them back in their rightful place. Thats sort of a rule in my house which is why we hardly have any dirty dishes.
Sometimes I get lazy and leave them to someone else.

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 05:57 AM #12 of 26
HAHAHA...Visavi, I think we have the same dad!

I'm OCD about positively everything, so I'm an immediate dish-doer. When my husband is home we have this arrangement where I cook and he cleans up the kitchen, but when he's out of town (which he is a lot), I have to do both.

I prefer rinsing all the food off them and then running them in the dishwasher since it gets super-hot and actually sterilizes them instead of just making them look clean. I even put everyone's toothbrushes in there a couple of times a month to sterilize them.

Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 09:39 AM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 09:39 AM #13 of 26
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
I even put everyone's toothbrushes in there a couple of times a month to sterilize them.
Wow. I never thought about autoclaving tooth brushes. I just throw out my toothbrush every three months, but if you use an electric toothbrush, and it can take the heat/pressure, it's really not such a bad idea.

I hate having to hear my roommate say "There are dirty dishes in the sink. Why have you not washed the dishes yet?" Uh, hello? I take out the trash, sweep/vacuum the floors, wash the windows, dust the shelves/furniture, and not to mention you are two months behind on rent, and you ask me that? My third roommate usually does the dishes when I don't have the time to, but dang. Never talk smack about my chores.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lazyguy
Confused yet

Member 10757

Level 14.04

Aug 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:14 AM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 11:14 AM #14 of 26
I only wash them when no one else is going to and i have nothing to do. otherwise they get put in the dishwasher or left out until someone finally decides what to do with them. The unfortunate dishes that dont even make it back to the kitchen usually get picked at by my cats so they get tidbits every now and again.

Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:04 AM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 04:04 AM #15 of 26
I dislike washing dishes, but if I see the sink full, I feel compelled to. The worst part is definitely the grease, but once your hands hit the grease, you don't feel that bad completing the chore. It just takes a couple soap rinses to get it all off, especially if it's grease from meat or something heavy. I also don't wash dishes that thoroughly since I have full faith in the dishwasher. Let's just hope that faith lasts.

FELIPE NO
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:52 AM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 01:52 PM #16 of 26
I actually don't have any problem with doing dishes, it's just part of the whole eating thing for me. I live on my own during the week, and it's only natural to clean up behind me as soon as I've finished eating, because I really can't stand any kind of filth in the kitchen (which is why I sometimes loathe having to share my kitchen with others).

At home, we have a dishwasher, and it's really no problem to clean up, so why should I be annoyed by it?

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 11:37 AM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 09:37 AM #17 of 26
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
I even put everyone's toothbrushes in there a couple of times a month to sterilize them.
Hey. New idea! Thanks!

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 04:02 PM #18 of 26
I don't wash dishes, as my grandma and my mom insist on doing it themselves. My grandma seems to like doing them every chance she gets since she's been at our house.

*Shrug.*

Dishes just isn't one of the chores I have to do around the house. Though I have done it before, don't get me wrong - it sucked. A lot. Never want to do it again unless I have to.

Jin
Syklis Green

Member 383

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 06:20 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 02:20 PM #19 of 26
I don't wash dishes since my wife always does it. But when she's not home and I'm home by myself I'll be nice enough to wash my dishes so that she won't come to a pile of dirty dishes. But then my wife and I live with her parents and they are kind of rich so when there's a big pile of dishes they just use the dishwasher.

Mashimero
meepers

Member 10122

Level 1.21

Jul 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 02:50 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2006, 11:50 PM #20 of 26
If I cook, I don't have to wash dishes ^^ But actually I don't mind it so much. Better than say... dusting or doing the laundry. I have a real problem with folding clothes

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 03:28 AM #21 of 26
I hate washing dishes because there's eight of us in the house and sometimes it can take up to two hours to finish the job (when including associated dishwashing tasks like cleaning counters/table/sweeping/etc). It might be easier for people who don't have so many people using up dishes and making a mess of the kitchen in general.

I was speaking idiomatically.
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 06:19 AM #22 of 26
I wash mine as they get dirty when I can. It keeps them from just sitting around with shit on them. I really dont mind doing them, but they can be a hassle.

Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 03:25 PM #23 of 26
I hate doing dishes because I'm always paranoid that I'll cut myself on a knife or something. Also, I'm not very good at rinsing all the soap off of everything, since I tend to rush.

I'd rather vaccuum the floors or dust. Meh.

FELIPE NO
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 04:00 PM #24 of 26
In all my years of washing dishes I have never once cut myself during the process.

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 06:24 PM #25 of 26
I love washing dishes, especially if the stack has a uniform pattern (eg. all same size roughly, easy relatively flat surface). Being weird, my dream job throughout the rest of university would be to be a dishwasher for both the easiness (who needs to be trained to washes dishes thoroughly?) and the lack of a need for interaction from others.

As for knives, they're paradoxical for me. I want to scrub the cutting blade part thoroughly, but I don't want to cut into the sponge by applying too much pressure from either direction (sponge->knife or knife/sponge). As well, I don't want to cut myself either (even though I never have). So I'm reluctant to wash them properly.

Washing spoons and forks is fun because they're pretty much uniform in size and they don't tale much scrubbing since nothing usually gets stuck to them, unlike plates. Somehow, I take quite a while to do those because I am meticulous (I hate going to restaurants and getting the impression the utensils were not washed thoroughly from visible stains, etc.)

Tall glasses are awkward since my hand is not small enough to fit within them anymore, so I have to thrust the sponge and settle for minimal scrubbing action.

I hate pots and pans the most because they're large, usually have some kind of slimy or sticky texture after the stuff in them is removed, and lead to me wasting large amounts of water because I tend to soak the whole thing and then dump the water to refill it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Fuck these dishes... You wash them.