Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Favorite Fight Sequence Ever: Anime Edition

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 07:25 PM #1 of 59
Favorite Fight Sequence Ever: Anime Edition

Been wanting to do this one for a while. Post your favorite fight sequences from any anime. Mark spoilers wherever you feel is appropriate.

I'll say it first before anyone else: the fight between Kenshin and Saito in Rurouni Kenshin ranks high up there. The buildup before the actual battle, the moment of tension as the sun sets outside the dojo, and the first battle where Kenshin has to revert back to his old roots. It's the one Kenshin DVD I own, and the fight never gets old no matter how many times I watch it.

Carry on. I'm in the mood for some good fighting anime, so perhaps some of the posts will inspire me to check out a few series.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 07:49 PM Local time: May 15, 2006, 06:49 PM #2 of 59
I'll go with the obvious Spike and Vicious from Cowboy Bebop, as that fight was fucking awesome.

And SOLDIER, I'm sure you're referring to the Kenshin/Saito fight from the TV series, but I would also say the one from the first OAV was great as well. It was pretty short, but it was still great.

And the last one I can think of at the moment is the Grave/Bunji fight from Gungrave. It's great, given all the history between the two characters, like how Bunji used to look up to Brandon. All the fights between Grave and the Millenion leaders were great, but I found this one to be the best (and it's especially better if you've fought him in the game).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 08:21 PM Local time: May 15, 2006, 08:21 PM #3 of 59
Naruto Episode 133; the one where Sasuke and Naruto duke it out for the entire episode. The speed, fluidity, and hard ass hits landed are outstanding. Makes you wish the entire series had that kind of awesome animation and fight quality. Actually, that was the last good episode of Naruto.

Before that though the triple Hokage fight was also intense. I think that was episode 73 or so.

Other than that there are a lot of choices. Spike vs. Vincent from Cowboy Bebop the movie. Both the one in the sky train and the one on the tower at the end were fantastic.

Also vividly remember the fight scenes from Read or Die the OVA. Unique and fast paced with nice fluid movements and style.

Speaking of style, we can't forget Samurai Champloo. Sara vs. Mugen/Jin and Mugen/Jin vs. the Hand of God. Hell, every fight in that series was asskicking.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kung Fu Hamster
Lurker extraordinaire

Member 5089

Level 3.31

Apr 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 05:25 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 12:25 AM #4 of 59
Originally Posted by Foshi
Speaking of style, we can't forget Samurai Champloo. Sara vs. Mugen/Jin and Mugen/Jin vs. the Hand of God. Hell, every fight in that series was asskicking.
Let us not forget Mugen vs. Jin... Yah I know it was like one of the first fights but I still think it was cool. The first time seeing something like the champloo style clashing with traditional swordsmanship just leaves an impression that says this shit is only gona get better!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 05:53 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 03:53 AM #5 of 59
Nothing beats the fight between EVAs 01 and 02 and Israfel. The music is awesome and the fight moves sync'd to the music are even more awesome.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by PiccoloNamek; May 17, 2006 at 07:33 PM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 05:54 AM #6 of 59
You guys already posted the Classic battles >.<!.

We can't forget that interesting battle from Naruto, Rock Lee vs Kimimaro. The Drunken Fist ability was the best thing that came out of the whole story. The fighting was fast , not that exaggerating like the DB Legacy.

I barely remember this one battle but it was from the movie, Black Lion. All I can remember are the names of the samurai Shishimaru and the Cyborg Ginnai Doma. There was a lot of sword fights for a short 60 min OVA. and to think a normal human was able to take out a cyborg in a very early timeline is amazing.

We also have. Spike Spiegel vs Tongpu (that fat bastard who was just badass for his way of fighting and equipment of deadly ass weapons). That episode could've kicked ass as a movie.

Lets not forget our good friend DBZ ^^. There were alot of great battles in the Cell Saga.

How ya doing, buddy?
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 06:05 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 04:05 AM #7 of 59
Quote:
We also have. Spike Spiegel vs Tongpu (that fat bastard who was just badass for his way of fighting and equipment of deadly ass weapons). That episode could've kicked ass as a movie.
Oh hell yes. Mad Pierrot is the coolest fucking dude ever, and it was even cooler how badly he kicked Spike's ass. Although I don't really think he was fat. That was just part of the whole circus getup he was wearing. And the fact that he was carrying hundreds of pound of weapons.

FELIPE NO

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 06:09 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 06:09 AM #8 of 59
Hey guys, spoilers please, and note the anime!

Wanna add one from Tenchi Muyo:

Spoiler:
Tenchi and (Cant remember his name...Kagaru comes to mind) -- on the spaceship when he gets three light hawk wings.

EVA:

Spoiler:
Can't forget End of Eva when Asuka FINALLY wakes up before lancey-lancey goes into her EYEBALL

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 09:06 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 09:06 AM #9 of 59
Lets see here:

Ninja Scroll the movie had some great fights. Nearly every fight Jubei was involved with was golden. One that comes to mind was with that fat huge guy that could chuck his sword like a boomarang. He died good.

Gundam GP03 vs. Neue Zeil from Gundam 0083. Nothing like two mobile armors blowing the shit out of each other.

Brings up a good point about CG and cell animation. This was an incredible battle and it worked excelletly without the use of CG. We need to go back to this style of animation. I hate it when my favorite mecha show is clogged up with horrible looking CG animation. Only good CG animation I have ever seen that was actually believable was Howl's Moving Castle.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 09:48 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 08:48 AM #10 of 59
D vs the Barabroi in Bloodlust, as well as the bounty hunter family vs the village of zombies in the same movie. Just... sweet.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

MrSatan
I'm the best, and the best thing is you know it!

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 03:47 PM #11 of 59
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
I'll say it first before anyone else: the fight between Kenshin and Saito in Rurouni Kenshin ranks high up there.
i thought the same when i read the thread's topic, but i can add the fight in VF in macross plus between isamu and guld

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
David4516
Second Child

Member 2016

Level 8.73

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:46 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 12:46 AM #12 of 59
Hajime No Ippo has a number of AMZAING fights. Anything with Sendo or Date kicks ass. My favorite was never animated though, I had to read it in the manga (Date vs Ricardo). It's one of the few animes I can watch again and again and not get tired of.

I'll agree with the other posters about Asuka in EoE. That was very possibly the most badass mecha fight ever.

Another anime worth mentioning is Elfen Lied. Almost every fight/battle was pure awsome.

Finally, if you're into gunfights (who isn't?), I can recomend Noir. Again, almost every fight was good. The first few episodes were REALLY slow though...

Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:21 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 02:21 PM #13 of 59
Originally Posted by Yamamanama
End of Evangelion
Spoiler:
Asuka vs all of Seele's EVAs. That was quite intense. And then, just when you think she won... nope.

You stole my line. That's the exact fight I was going to mention. I simply love it, it doesn't matter how many times I watch it, it's always great.

Since my favorite was already mentioned I'll mention my 2nd favorite:
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
I belive that now everyboy has already seen that movie but I'll put a spoiler tag just in case.
Spoiler:

The fight between Cloud and Sephiroth, especially when Cloud unleashes his Omnislash on Sephirith

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:42 AM #14 of 59
For my fav, I'm going to have to say the fight between 'The Man In Black' and Inigo Montoya in The Princess Bride.

It's entertaining, long, and funny .

As far as just sheer awesomeness, definitely the fight at the end of FF7:AC, as Yuna mentioned.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

FGSFDS!!!
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:18 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 03:18 PM #15 of 59
Originally Posted by DarkLink2135
For my fav, I'm going to have to say the fight between 'The Man In Black' and Inigo Montoya in The Princess Bride.

It's entertaining, long, and funny .

As far as just sheer awesomeness, definitely the fight at the end of FF7:AC, as Yuna mentioned.
There are several problems with this post. First, it's not very descriptive at all; in a thread like this, to keep it from being overrun with spam posts like this one, more content is needed.

Second, the last time I checked, The Princess Bride wasn't an anime; why you would name it in a thread about your favorite anime fight sequences is beyond me (unless you're stupid).

Third, your short description (see problem 1) can lead to confusion. While you're probably talking about Inigo's fight with Westley early in the movie, the lack of any other detail than naming his opponent as "The Man In Black" (which I don't think anyone was actually called in the movie) could lead one to think you were talking about his fight with Count Rugen at the end. Details like when the fight was and just who was fighting it are important. Please remember to include them. And to actually name anime fights in an anime fight thread.

As for my favorite anime fights, I have a few. A couple of them are running fights that cover more than episode. One is the fight from episodes 12 and 13 in R.O.D the TV wherein
Spoiler:
the Paper Sisters attack Dokusensha, and proceed to clear the building floor by floor to R.O.D's always awesome music. They really spruced it up in the DVD release, which was awesome.

Also, there's the huge fight sequence in epsiodes 1 and 2 of Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's.
Spoiler:
The initial part with Nanoha fighting Vita was my favorite; watching Vita fly into a rage after Nanoha shot her hat off, literally hammer Nanoha into submission, and then bring herself under control was beautiful. It was still fun after it grew (bringing in the fan favorite Fate, among others) until it climaxed with Nanoha about to rejoin, only to get the magic literally ripped out of her.

I also have to include another fight from R.O.D the TV, Anita's in the school library in episode 4. I was impressed by the atmosphere there.

FELIPE NO
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:28 PM #16 of 59
Originally Posted by Lord Styphon
There are several problems with this post. First, it's not very descriptive at all; in a thread like this, to keep it from being overrun with spam posts like this one, more content is needed.
Wow, its really nice to know that in a thread full of 50% one-liner posts, mine is the only one qualifying as spam.

Quote:
Second, the last time I checked, The Princess Bride wasn't an anime; why you would name it in a thread about your favorite anime fight sequences is beyond me (unless you're stupid).
Yeah sorry, my bad . I totally missed the anime part.

Quote:
Third, your short description (see problem 1) can lead to confusion. While you're probably talking about Inigo's fight with Westley early in the movie, the lack of any other detail than naming his opponent as "The Man In Black" (which I don't think anyone was actually called in the movie) could lead one to think you were talking about his fight with Count Rugen at the end. Details like when the fight was and just who was fighting it are important. Please remember to include them. And to actually name anime fights in an anime fight thread.
Westley is known as the 'Man in Black' at that point in the movie. Count Rugen was known as the 'Six Fingered Man.' I don't think anyone who has watched the movie should have a hard time figuring out what fight scene I was describing, anime or no.

----------------------------------------------------------

So yeah, revised, I'd have to say the Cloud vs Sephiroth at the end was pretty sweet. The Japanese version I like better simply because the voice acting seems to fit the characters better, & the translation I'm using is pretty sweet in terms of dialogue.

How ya doing, buddy?

FGSFDS!!!

Last edited by DarkLink2135; May 17, 2006 at 03:46 PM.
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:42 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 03:42 PM #17 of 59
Had you bothered to read, you'd have noted that your post was singled out for reasons beyond its simple spammishness. PiccoloNamek and Yamamanama's Evangelion fights may be short on description, for instance, but they have two qualities your Princess Bride fight lacked: there wasn't doubt as to which fight they were talking about, and they were from anime.

Also, why are you talking back?

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 06:18 PM #18 of 59
Originally Posted by Lord Styphon

As for my favorite anime fights, I have a few. A couple of them are running fights that cover more than episode. One is the fight from episodes 12 and 13 in R.O.D the TV wherein
Spoiler:
the Paper Sisters attack Dokusensha, and proceed to clear the building floor by floor to R.O.D's always awesome music. They really spruced it up in the DVD release, which was awesome.

Spoiler:
Shades from the great Taku Iwasaki =].
By the way, there was some fights in Dokusensha. Are you talking about the one that had Maggie fight against the big dude who makes sharp objects out of paper?

Also another great fight was in MD Geist. Its a very old anime that was shown back in IFC channel. I barely remember it but it was kinda a mecha-body type fight with Geist vs another dude ...heh, yes the description is bad but I need to see it and some of you should too.

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 07:25 PM #19 of 59
Around the middle of Samurai X: Trust:
Spoiler:
Kenshin versus the Assassin in which he makes the sky rain blood. Although it's short, Kenshin kills him in the best possible way - cuts him in half with his own sword, what a way to be owned.

Around the end of Samurai X: Betrayal:
Spoiler:
Kenshin wandering aimlessly in the snow trying to find Tomoe. He fights, and kills two assassins along the way. His short journey ends in a fight against the final assassin in front of the cabin-thing where he ends up killing both Tomoe and the last assassin.

Loved it (although Tomoe dying was pretty sad).

Sorry for just mentioning Samurai X, but a lot of the good ones have already been mentioned.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Ryuu; May 17, 2006 at 07:33 PM.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:58 PM #20 of 59
Many of you beat me to them:

Naruto
---

Ep. 99ish
1)
Spoiler:
Fight between Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru....DAMN! How sick that sequence was, what with the giant summon beasts and overkill techniques, three of the world's strongest ninja duke it out! Then Tsunade uses her regeneration ace....but then Orochimaru says "fuck that! I'll just choke you then" and ooh damn that was good

sometime waaay after that
2)
Spoiler:
Kimimaro vs. Gaara was another good one. Gaara eventually covers the entire field making it a desert, but Kimimaro really would have destroyed Gaara anyways....had he not been sick! (literally, since the blade was like a millimetre away from making contact)

Read Or Die OVA
---

nearing the end
3)
Spoiler:
Yomiko vs. the electricity guy - clever how she made it rain paper blades as one of the last moves. Then again the usage of paper makes most of the fights in the OVA awesome.

The Law of Ueki
---

Sano's Awakening
4)
Spoiler:
Okay, every battle with Sano or Ueki's toughest opponents is a highly intriguing and interesting battle, ending in the most unthought of method possible. Altough when Sano gains his level 2 ability of making the steel magnetic, combined with the fact that he's a genius, this made for some really interesting and foreplanned attacks, especially against a six armed gunner.

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 01:52 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 01:52 AM #21 of 59
Thanks to those using the spoiler tags. Its tough to quickly scroll once I catch a few words from shows I'd rather not have ruined for me, as "epic battles" kinda are big spoilers.

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 05:09 AM #22 of 59
FFVII: AC

Since the big one's been mentioned--also my favorite--there's these:

Spoiler:
Tifa v. Loz. My god, that fight was beautiful. Especially Tifa staying up on the wall with the flower petals and leaves falling around her.

Also, Cloud's fight in Ajit. It was very quick--I had to watch it several times to catch everything. My favorite part is Yazoo walking along the tree branch firing his gun like he's taking a stroll.

Samurai Champloo:

Spoiler:
Sara v Jin. The first time I saw it, I was like, "WTF? Why is she doing this?" Which is what made this fight so good. Jin wasn't expecting it. Mugen was, since he found her weapon.

Final Battle of Mugen v Jin. Sheer hilarity. Who would have thought the weapons would have broken? I figured they would have collapsed from their injuries....

Rurouni Kenshin:

Spoiler:
SHISHIO. Do I need to say more? Okay, I will....Kenshin gets knocked out, Saitoh can't do anything, Sano's hand gets crushed, and Aoshi has to stall in order to get Shishio over his time. Kenshin wakes up, does his thing, and defeats Shishio. Shocker? Shishio kills the woman who loves him by going through her to get to Kenshin. No tension in that battle.....

Did I mention I love sword fights?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 07:18 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 10:18 PM #23 of 59
Originally Posted by Leknaat
FFVII: AC

Since the big one's been mentioned--also my favorite--there's these:

Spoiler:
Tifa v. Loz. My god, that fight was beautiful. Especially Tifa staying up on the wall with the flower petals and leaves falling around her.

Also, Cloud's fight in Ajit. It was very quick--I had to watch it several times to catch everything. My favorite part is Yazoo walking along the tree branch firing his gun like he's taking a stroll.

I can't say how many times I've put my FFVIIAC DVD just to watch this fight. Watching some of it in the trailer was already good but when the movie was released it was great. Everytime I showed this scene to a friend they didn't even dare to blink.

FELIPE NO
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 07:35 AM #24 of 59
GunGrave in the last episode:
Spoiler:
Sure the bunji vs brandon fight was visually impressive but the best had to be the brandon/harry vs millenion. They were fighting against the same organization that they worked so hard for and in between the fighting they were having flashbacks of themselves. It was just so damn intense, I knew they were going to die but the way they did it was so great ;_;

Naruto chuunin exam:
Spoiler:
The three way hokage battle. It showed off the power of what true high ranking ninja's can do and the style of animation made it so much more impressive but in the end of it all nobody truely won.

School rumble 2:
Spoiler:
the episodes where they were deciding on the school festival. The gun fights wer so funny since they were meant to be serious but you know it was fake >_< Harima vs Hanai was made into an intense fight and had a much more different style than the rest. But still, it was all just so funny ^_^

I'd also mention Advent children but all the good ones have already been said. Although I think I enjoyed every single fight in that movie, its hard for me to pick a favorite.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

New Record!
insertnamehere
looking for a name

Member 2600

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 07:44 AM #25 of 59
i have to say i enjoyed

monster's runge vs roberto

Spoiler:
it was a simplistic fight not to many fancy moves all within reality, but that's what made it good in my opinion.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Favorite Fight Sequence Ever: Anime Edition