Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Kid Suspended for Refusing to Answer Exam Question

packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 04:14 PM #26 of 70
I don't get why everyone is blaming NCLB for this screw-up. If I read this properly, the fault rests on the back of the principal who didn't treat the situation with the amount of sensitivity the age group she dealt with required, and is just shifting the blame to legislation because its convenient for her public image. A cheap cop-out answer that the loud liberals will eat up like Nerds candy.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 04:17 PM Local time: Nov 6, 2006, 04:17 PM #27 of 70
Well, Sass, I'm moreso angry that there's a person in position of authority on the scale of a principal who acts like a complete fucktard. It'll bum the kid out for a while, absolutely. Head person from the school comes up to you (as a child) and says "way to go, pal! You made us look bad. ALL YOUR FAULT."

Main thing is that the principal was childish and stupid about the whole approach and was very selfish in establishing an image for herself. Put yourself in the parent's place. You trust an establishment to teach your child and the head boss of it comes out and tells your kiddo that they fucked up big time over something that wasn't wrong at all. You wouldn't be pleased with the school's administration '~' I'm putting myself in the parent's place. I'm a fan of corporal punishment and all that. Babying the youth isn't something that should be done to a major extent, but the kid didn't do a thing wrong, period.

Plus, my mother was a headmaster/principal. The school board of the private school got flooded with young parents who don't know that she galvanized the school from bankruptcy about fifteen years prior. Some uppity bitch spread rumors about my mother and the board voted her off for no real reason, and now the school is being driven into the ground. Five years later, my mom still can't score a job as a principal, and there are bozos like this running around in the business. Gets under my skin a little. Now you've got folks who are treating children as numbers and benefits to the faculty.

Also... People, please don't try passing the buck to something that Bush passed. This is the principal's fuckup and hers alone. Don't try to spin this around and start going "BLOL REPUBLICUNTS".

edit: Gablar. Packrat beat me to it =d

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Last edited by Gechmir; Nov 6, 2006 at 04:19 PM.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 04:19 PM #28 of 70
Originally Posted by Gechmir
Well, Sass, I'm moreso angry that there's a person in position of authority on the scale of a principal who acts like a complete fucktard. It'll bum the kid out for a while, absolutely. Head person from the school comes up to you (as a child) and says "way to go, pal! You made us look bad. ALL YOUR FAULT."
I totally agree that there shouldn't be a person in this position at all - AT ALL. You should never do that to a young child.

But I think the parents are ALSO wrong for acting like the kid is scarred forever. It's a way for them to over dramatize the situation to self-benefit - which I frankly find morally wrong as well.

I guess I could have been more clear. Sorry~ ;_;

Most amazing jew boots
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 04:23 PM Local time: Nov 6, 2006, 04:23 PM #29 of 70
Well o'course there's some spin or tear-jerking going on :3 I'm pretty sure this article was written to catch the bitch principal's skirt on fire (or pants if thats her thing~).

How ya doing, buddy?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 04:25 PM Local time: Nov 6, 2006, 01:25 PM #30 of 70
Originally Posted by packrat
I don't get why everyone is blaming NCLB for this screw-up. If I read this properly, the fault rests on the back of the principal who didn't treat the situation with the amount of sensitivity the age group she dealt with required, and is just shifting the blame to legislation because its convenient for her public image. A cheap cop-out answer that the loud liberals will eat up like Nerds candy.
If No Child Left Behind had not been in place, the principal would not have felt pressured to achieve as perfect as possible test scores.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 04:36 PM #31 of 70
Originally Posted by Capo
If No Child Left Behind had not been in place, the principal would not have felt pressured to achieve as perfect as possible test scores.
And that's a problem WHY?

"No, thats okay Mrs. Busczki, you can go ahead and run your school however you like. The worse they do, the more funding you get from the government to 'try to improve' your grades next time anyways."

FELIPE NO

Last edited by packrat; Nov 6, 2006 at 04:43 PM.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 05:05 PM #32 of 70
You guys haven't seen the ueslessness of standardized testing until you've written the MCAT (Medical College Admission Test). What a load of crap that was.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 05:14 PM Local time: Nov 6, 2006, 12:14 PM #33 of 70
ofcourse they would do that. That kid was smart. Smarter then most kids his age. I think it's all part of that stupid status quo trash.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Qube
Banninated

Member 23

Level 15.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 05:28 PM Local time: Nov 6, 2006, 04:28 PM #34 of 70
If I had a 5 day suspension for every question I skipped on tests like that, fuck I would've been out of school more than in it. Gotta love the American education system.

In all seriousness though, I think yeah, the parents are overdramatizing this, and the kid also. On the other hand, 5 days for not listening? Even if they can justify the suspension, 5 DAYS WTF!!! I've gotten less for a helluva lot more than just not listening to the teacher.

The fact that the higher ups think this is perfectly acceptable....fuck even if I ever move to the states, which I won't, but if I did, I would make sure to move back before having schoolage kids, no fucking way that school system is safe for kids. That much weight on standardized tests at that age....sickening.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hatred on the fact that I lost my old sig, maybe I'll get it back someday. Or not!
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 05:38 PM #35 of 70
That's bullshit.

"Good job, bud, you've ruined it for everyone in the school, the teachers and the school"

And that is horrible. Principal needs to be reviewed in her dealing with elementary school children.

Most amazing jew boots
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 06:19 PM Local time: Nov 6, 2006, 11:19 PM #36 of 70
To be fair, how bad is suspension really? I've never thought it was such a serious punishment because if the cause was unreasonable, your parents would sympathise with you. Now he gets 5 days out of school doing fuck all instead of working. Sounds like quite a good deal to me; he'd probably get worse for answering the question.

Although yes, the Principal was out of line to blame him for all of that, if he has the reassurance of everyone but her, how much is that going to affect him?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
blue
blue

Member 6459

Level 22.39

May 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 06:33 PM #37 of 70
The situation certainly sounds outrageous, but it's a bit strange that the kid didn't acquiesce to the request, even after the principal herself told him it was okay... What was going through his mind, exactly?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 06:46 PM #38 of 70
Originally Posted by blue
The situation certainly sounds outrageous, but it's a bit strange that the kid didn't acquiesce to the request, even after the principal herself told him it was okay... What was going through his mind, exactly?

Quote:
`He didn't want them to know what he was thinking, that she was a witch on a broomstick,"
Apparently he didn't want the principal to know that he thought she was a witch.

They really should have talked to his parents before taking such actions though.

Phoenix X
Samurai

Member 10673

Level 8.06

Aug 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 08:32 PM Local time: Nov 6, 2006, 10:02 PM #39 of 70
Well, yeah, weird kid. Looks like his parents try a little too hard to bring up a li'l model citizen, y'know? Kid was deadly afraid of authority figures, and now he's got a taste of how unfair and downright self-serving they can be. Maybe it'll help him in his quest to learn how to think for himself. His parents are tools to think he's scarred from that. Looks to me like he'll get over it after a solid week of videogames, and he'll come out of this with a worldview slightly more realistic than the one his parents have probably shoved down his throat.

But yeah, she was definately out of line, and that kid will have a much harder time trusting educators for the next several years. He'll get over it and grow up to reform the school system, though, so no harm done, right? ^_^

This shit's right outta Daria, kids. :P

FELIPE NO
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 08:38 PM #40 of 70
4th grade I had a teacher like that principal, and in 8th and a few in high school
hooray for the educational system.

couldn't they have simply contacted the perents first. He didn't want the priciple to know he thought of her as a witch? How freakin innocent is that. I hope that kids broken spirit haunts her forever o-o

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

New Record!

Last edited by Shenlon; Nov 6, 2006 at 10:52 PM.
HostileCreation
Chocobo

Member 3335

Level 12.61

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 10:39 PM #41 of 70
Hahahahaha, what. This sounds like a joke. If not, that's even better.

In my day, when we didn't answer a question, we just got it wrong.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 10:41 PM Local time: Nov 6, 2006, 07:41 PM #42 of 70
It's spelled "principal" guys. I bet this 4th grader even knows that.

How ya doing, buddy?
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 10:52 PM #43 of 70
Let's me give you an example from my nephew's life:

He had an interest in the way the Titanic was built. In the engineering behind it. One of his teachers automatically claimed he had an obsession with "death."

His father is in the Air Force, so my nephew liked to wear camouflage pants and shirts to school. Immediately, he was considered to be "troubled' because of his taste in clothes.

So, this little boy, who would write he thought his principal was a witch on a broomstick, probably would be considered being into witchcraft and Satan...

My problem with the principal is she LIED to the boy. She LIED, folks. The writing part had nothing to do with the percentage.

And whatever happened to the Minimum Basic Skills Test?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:06 PM #44 of 70
You beat me to it. I was getting tired of seeing "principle" in every other post.

I'm not sure what to say to this. The kid seems to have been put in a no win situation, where if he answers the question, he gets in trouble, and if he doesn't, he gets in trouble. But I guess if he would've wrote down his thoughts, he would've been correct. The principal definitely deserves something for what she did, five days is a huge amount of punishment for such a small thing.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:57 PM Local time: Nov 6, 2006, 09:57 PM #45 of 70
Horrible, etc.

But what relevance does his height and weight have to the story?

I was speaking idiomatically.
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Nov 7, 2006, 12:01 PM #46 of 70
Republifuckers. Gotta love 'em.

Both the ones who created the retarded No Child Left Behind and the ones who leave children behind to try to make the rest of their school look good by No Child Left Behind standards.

Last edited by ArrowHead; Nov 7, 2006 at 12:05 PM.
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Nov 7, 2006, 12:28 PM Local time: Nov 7, 2006, 10:28 AM #47 of 70

Yeah that was really starting to bother me. It was becoming ironic people bitching about the education system yet cannot determine which word to use in the situation even though they sound the same, they are spelled and defined differently.

FELIPE NO
mindOverMatter
CLfAM

Member 14418

Level 8.57

Oct 2006

Old Nov 7, 2006, 02:15 PM #48 of 70
it reminds me of the time I had an assignment to write out a story using new words that I found in the dictionary. I wrote a funny story about my teacher.

She was M-A-D
but guess what? I learned the words, much better than simple memorization

How ya doing, buddy?
Hold on just one second....when I signed up for life, this was not what I was expecting. Can I get a refund?
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 7, 2006, 02:59 PM #49 of 70
I wrote a sonnet about how much I hated english class. Bitch made me rewrite it.

I also lost my Salutatorian title because I "plagiarized" a homework assignment, en francais. It was a front. I wasn't acting like their model Salutatorian, so they took it away. Everyone knew it. Frankly I didn't want to give a speech anyway, but it's the principle of the thing.

High school really turned me off to the whole education system.

Most amazing jew boots
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Nov 8, 2006, 01:16 AM Local time: Nov 7, 2006, 11:16 PM #50 of 70
Originally Posted by Ayos
I personally can't stand the No Child Left Behind Act, or standardized tests, or anything of the sort. I can barely stomach public schools as a whole. My girlfriend and I got in a huge argument because I saw a campaign sign on someone's front lawn that said "No Excuses! Invest in Public Schools!" and laughed derisively and said "how about NOT."
I'm actually curious, what's so bad about public schools?

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Kid Suspended for Refusing to Answer Exam Question