Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Week - BATTLE 16 Voting/WEEK 129 Nominating

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2008, 11:34 AM #1 of 24
Song of the Week - BATTLE 16 Voting/WEEK 129 Nominating

Song of the Week. 125 Weeks and counting.
Battle 16 Voting is closed.
Week 129 Nominating is restricted

Results:
1). [18] Treasures of the Deep (Game Rip) - Wreck of the Concepcion / Credits
2). [15] THE MADNESS: BATTLE GAREGGA PERFECT SOUNDTRACK - Fly to the Leaden Sky (Stage1 - Valley)
3). [14] iXion - a reticent voice of song -conditional duty-
4-t). [13/9] ABSOLUTE AREA -project THUNDER FORCE VI- - NIGHT SWEEPER
4-t). [13/9] The King of Fighters '96 Arrange Sound Trax - Long-horned Beetle (Art of Fighting Team Theme)
6). [9] Dynamite Headdy (Sega Genesis Game Rip) - Schumacher Fly
7-t). [7/4] Little Busters! Arrange Album "Rockstar Busters!" - Heroic Battle
7-t). [7/4] Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 Original Soundtracks - Phantom of Blue

Tracks:
Week 128: Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: THE MADNESS: BATTLE GAREGGA PERFECT SOUNDTRACK - Fly to the Leaden Sky (Stage1 - Valley)
Week 127: Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Little Busters! Arrange Album "Rockstar Busters!" - Heroic Battle
Week 126: Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Treasures of the Deep (Game Rip) - Wreck of the Concepcion / Credits
Week 125: Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 Original Soundtracks - Phantom of Blue
Week 124: Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Dynamite Headdy (Sega Genesis Game Rip) - Schumacher Fly
Week 123: Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: iXion - a reticent voice of song -conditional duty-
Week 122: Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: The King of Fighters '96 Arrange Sound Trax - Long-horned Beetle (Art of Fighting Team Theme)
Week 121: Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: ABSOLUTE AREA -project THUNDER FORCE VI- - NIGHT SWEEPER

Notes:
If you are a member at more than one of the forums in which this event is being held, please nominate and vote in only ONE of the forums. You may, however, comment in the threads at any of the other forums.

Week 129 Nominating
The Nominations Queue can be found here.
The rules for nominating can be found here.

Here is the link to the corresponding thread in the other forum:
- Soundtrack Central

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by orion_mk3; Apr 28, 2008 at 12:10 PM.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Apr 21, 2008, 06:31 PM #2 of 24
Part of me really likes Battle Weeks because they're super easy. I don't have to listen to all the selections to know which I prefer!

2 Points: Treasures of the Deep (Game Rip) - Wreck of the Concepcion / Credits
2 Points: The King of Fighters '96 Arrange Sound Trax - Long-horned Beetle (Art of Fighting Team Theme)
2 Points: Dynamite Headdy (Sega Genesis Game Rip) - Schumacher Fly

Each of these tracks was excellent and all are deserving of the "Battle Champion" honor.

How ya doing, buddy?
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 12:14 PM #3 of 24
This has to be the weakest battle field in recent memory. No amazing tracks, just some decent ones worth enough to place.

(3 points) Treasures of the Deep (Game Rip) - Wreck of the Concepcion / Credits
(2 points) The King of Fighters '96 Arrange Sound Trax - Long-horned Beetle (Art of Fighting Team Theme)
(1 point) ABSOLUTE AREA -project THUNDER FORCE VI- - NIGHT SWEEPER

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Ceft
Shadow Master

Member 17770

Level 23.80

Jan 2007

Old Apr 22, 2008, 01:47 PM #4 of 24
(3 points) ABSOLUTE AREA -project THUNDER FORCE VI- - NIGHT SWEEPER
(1 point) Little Busters! Arrange Album "Rockstar Busters!" - Heroic Battle
(1 point) THE MADNESS: BATTLE GAREGGA PERFECT SOUNDTRACK - Fly to the Leaden Sky (Stage1 - Valley)
(1 point) The King of Fighters '96 Arrange Sound Trax - Long-horned Beetle (Art of Fighting Team Theme)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Ceft; Apr 22, 2008 at 08:27 PM.
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 01:57 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2008, 08:57 PM #5 of 24
This has to be the weakest battle field in recent memory. No amazing tracks, just some decent ones worth enough to place.
Granted I've only been participating for a while, and I'm too busy right now to vote unfortunately, but I agree. Hard to believe that some of these tracks won their weeks--especially since I recall each week being quite strong, with a lot of good tracks that I kept.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by surasshu; Apr 22, 2008 at 02:11 PM.
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 02:27 PM #6 of 24
I think I'll analyze these classic SotW style. It seems prudent given that I can't for the life of me remember how half of them sound anyway.

THE MADNESS: BATTLE GAREGGA PERFECT SOUNDTRACK - Fly to the Leaden Sky (Stage1 - Valley) Decent synth with some very nice parts. It's like a Tootsie Roll Pop; you have to get through some pretty mundane stuff for the real payoff.

Little Busters! Arrange Album "Rockstar Busters!" - Heroic Battle Never been a MintJam fan, and this track pushes a lot of wrong buttons for me. It's just not the sort of thing I'd listen to of my own volition, and probably my least favorite track of its week.

Treasures of the Deep (Game Rip) - Wreck of the Concepcion / Credits Tallarico gets a bad rap for his irritating personality, but some of his music isn't half bad. This is a very nice combination of ambiance and Latin/Caribbean stylings, with the strengths of both without the weaknesses of either. A very worthy winner.

Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 Original Soundtracks - Phantom of Blue I like synthy techno, but I draw the line at trance, which sadly seems to make up 99.99% of all techno at this point. This track may not be as repetitive as some, but it still lacks melody, structure, and trots out genre tropes in droves. Blech.

Dynamite Headdy (Sega Genesis Game Rip) - Schumacher Fly An all-around excellent track, with a terrific, catchy melody, great synth programming, and fine rhythm. Hard to believe they coaxed this out of the Genesis sound chip; easy to believe it won a deserved gold in its week.

Xion - a reticent voice of song -conditional duty- My comments for this week didn't survive a crash. Suffice to say that this is one of the worst, most intolerable winners I've ever heard. The track is bloated in length, wandering in focus, and just all-around bad. It is unique, though--like nothing I've ever heard--and perhaps that accounts for its appeal.

The King of Fighters '96 Arrange Sound Trax - Long-horned Beetle (Art of Fighting Team Theme) SotW likes its Latin and jazz; I've never particularly cared for either save in certain circumstances. This track does what it sets out to do, and does it well, but I'm just not a fan of the overall genre.

ABSOLUTE AREA -project THUNDER FORCE VI- - NIGHT SWEEPER Way too laid-back for my taste, bordering on aufzugmusik. I guess these stoner tracks create in me what others feel for many ambient songs that I like, which seems a fair enough trade.

A very weak bunch, with only two real standouts. Would that it were possible to do the 3+3 spread.

The Point Spread
Schumacher Fly - 3 pts.
Wreck of the Conception - 2 pts.
Fly to the Leaden Sky - 1 pt.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 07:23 PM #7 of 24
(2 points) ABSOLUTE AREA -project THUNDER FORCE VI- - NIGHT SWEEPER
(1 point) Little Busters! Arrange Album "Rockstar Busters!" - Heroic Battle
(1 point) THE MADNESS: BATTLE GAREGGA PERFECT SOUNDTRACK - Fly to the Leaden Sky (Stage1 - Valley)
(1 point) The King of Fighters '96 Arrange Sound Trax - Long-horned Beetle (Art of Fighting Team Theme)
That's only 5 points!

FELIPE NO
Ceft
Shadow Master

Member 17770

Level 23.80

Jan 2007

Old Apr 22, 2008, 08:28 PM #8 of 24
Wow, good catch.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
punkmaggit
Oh! I Feel it! I feel the Cosmos!

Member 4088

Level 9.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2008, 11:07 AM Local time: Apr 23, 2008, 08:07 AM #9 of 24
Dammit.

Just lost my jump drive, with a BUNCH of SOTW's that I had saved. Anyone have weeks 124 through 126? ... or is there somewhere where all the tracks are archived, not just the top 3?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
What's all this?
Rimo
Rise Above It

Member 186

Level 31.23

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2008, 05:25 PM #10 of 24
(3 points) Treasures of the Deep (Game Rip) - Wreck of the Concepcion / Credits
(2 points) Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 Original Soundtracks - Phantom of Blue
(1 point) Dynamite Headdy (Sega Genesis Game Rip) - Schumacher Fly

There's nowhere I can't reach.
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2008, 01:12 AM #11 of 24
Just lost my jump drive, with a BUNCH of SOTW's that I had saved. Anyone have weeks 124 through 126? ... or is there somewhere where all the tracks are archived, not just the top 3?
Kaleb collects them; I'd ask him.

Perhaps the time has come to make his unofficial archive official. After all, every few weeks people make requests, and it would make sense to integrate an archive into the SotW process. I guess hosting space might be an issue, but the material wouldn't be accessed often.

Most amazing jew boots
isdapi
Forged in the Pain

Member 1534

Level 20.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2008, 02:13 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2008, 09:13 AM #12 of 24
<<3 points>> Treasures of the Deep (Game Rip) - Wreck of the Concepcion / Credits
<<2 points>> Little Busters! Arrange Album "Rockstar Busters!" - Heroic Battle
<<1 point>> The King of Fighters '96 Arrange Sound Trax - Long-horned Beetle (Art of Fighting Team Theme)

Too easy.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Apr 26, 2008, 08:12 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2008, 03:12 PM #13 of 24
3 points: iXion - a reticent voice of song -conditional duty-
2 points: Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 Original Soundtracks - Phantom of Blue
1 point: The King of Fighters '96 Arrange Sound Trax - Long-horned Beetle (Art of Fighting Team Theme)

isdapi
Forged in the Pain

Member 1534

Level 20.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2008, 05:57 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2008, 12:57 AM #14 of 24
It's about damn time to nominate again.
  • Album Title: Melody of Legend ~ Chapter of Dream
  • Composer: Ryuji Nishida (haha, it took me a little while to find out this one)
  • Artist: Hidenobu Otsuki
  • Track Title: COZY
  • Disc Number: 1 (of 1)
  • Track Number: 10
  • Year: 2001
  • Source: KICA-1242: Melody of Legend ~ Chapter of Dream - VGMdb

How ya doing, buddy?
ZiggyGo
Mountain Chocobo

Member 29067

Level 26.11

Mar 2008

Old Apr 27, 2008, 01:41 AM #15 of 24
2 points: Little Busters! Arrange Album "Rockstar Busters!" - Heroic Battle
2 points: ABSOLUTE AREA -project THUNDER FORCE VI- - NIGHT SWEEPER
2 points: THE MADNESS: BATTLE GAREGGA PERFECT SOUNDTRACK - Fly to the Leaden Sky (Stage1 - Valley)

FELIPE NO
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 04:45 AM #16 of 24
2 points - Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 Original Soundtracks - Phantom of Blue
2 points - iXion - a reticent voice of song -conditional duty-
1 point - THE MADNESS: BATTLE GAREGGA PERFECT SOUNDTRACK - Fly to the Leaden Sky (Stage1 - Valley)
1 point - ABSOLUTE AREA -project THUNDER FORCE VI- - NIGHT SWEEPER

How ya doing, buddy?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 06:28 AM Local time: Apr 27, 2008, 04:28 AM #17 of 24
hehe dragon god had a nomination that i never got around to posting i guess JUST THREE MORE DAYS AND I'LL FINALLY BE FINISHED WITH ALL THIS SCHOOLWORK GOD
  • Artist(s): Hyakutaro Tsukumo
  • Album/Game Title: Claymore
  • Track Title: over take
  • Disc Number: 1 (of 1)
  • Track Number: 5
  • Catalog Number: MVCD-0001
  • Year: 2007
  • Source(s): MVCD-0001: Claymore - VGMdb

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Shanks
Syklis Green

Member 18575

Level 8.62

Jan 2007

Old Apr 27, 2008, 03:49 PM #18 of 24
(3 Points) ABSOLUTE AREA -project THUNDER FORCE VI- - NIGHT SWEEPER
(2 Points) THE MADNESS: BATTLE GAREGGA PERFECT SOUNDTRACK - Fly to the Leaden Sky (Stage1 - Valley)
(1 Point) The King of Fighters '96 Arrange Sound Trax - Long-horned Beetle (Art of Fighting Team Theme)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 07:17 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2008, 08:17 AM #19 of 24
Here are my votes:

(3 points) iXion - a reticent voice of song -conditional duty-

(2 points) Treasures of the Deep (Game Rip) - Wreck of the Concepcion - Credits

(1 points) ABSOLUTE AREA -project THUNDER FORCE VI- - NIGHT SWEEPER

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I think therefore I am... I think.
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 10:36 PM #20 of 24
K, time to go through these again.

Fly to the Leaden Sky - Definitely no points. One of the most unremarkable winners in quite some time.

Heroic Battle - I don't seem to be as fond of Mintjam as most people. This song isn't bad in the sense that it's rockin' without a ton of noodling, but it just doesn't do much for me.

Wreck of the Concepcion - A nice surprise. I wouldn't have expected a song like this coming from Tommy Tallarico, but then, I guess I'm not too familiar with all of his work. It's a neat mix of styles that you don't hear too often in vgm.

Phantom of Blue - I never listen to trance when I'm listening to music, so I guess that says something about my fondness for the genre. For driving (as in, pulse-pounding) songs, it has its place, I guess, and I can see how this would "move" people. I'd generally just rather listen to something more interesting, though. I do have to admit that I kind of like the changeup starting at ~2:15. This song should stop at 4:00.

Schumacher Fly - Eh, it's solid but not good enough to get points.

a reticent voice - Different, to say the least. I view this as a nice experimental listen, but not something I'm likely to come back to.

Long-horned Beetle - Somehow this song grew on me by me not listening to it. I listened to it like once at the beginning of the week, thought it was OK, hadn't listened to it since then, but that main guitar part that keeps repeating has been popping into my head the past couple days. Now I dig it a good bit more. Odd.

NIGHT SWEEPER - This is nice. Laid-back done right.

Point spread:

Wreck of the Concepcion - 3 pts.
Long-horned beetle - 2 pts.
NIGHT SWEEPER - 1 pt.

A sub-par batch of winners; Wreck of the Concepcion's the only true standout in my mind.

Most amazing jew boots
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Last edited by Drakken; Apr 28, 2008 at 02:35 AM.
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Apr 27, 2008, 10:42 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2008, 08:42 PM #21 of 24
2 Points - The King of Fighters '96 Arrange Sound Trax - Long-horned Beetle (Art of Fighting Team Theme)

2 points - iXion - a reticent voice of song -conditional duty-

2 points - THE MADNESS: BATTLE GAREGGA PERFECT SOUNDTRACK - Fly to the Leaden Sky (Stage1 - Valley)

I was speaking idiomatically.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2008, 04:16 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2008, 02:16 AM #22 of 24
Voting is closed and nominations are restricted!

1). [18] Treasures of the Deep (Game Rip) - Wreck of the Concepcion / Credits
2). [15] THE MADNESS: BATTLE GAREGGA PERFECT SOUNDTRACK - Fly to the Leaden Sky (Stage1 - Valley)
3). [14] iXion - a reticent voice of song -conditional duty-
4-t). [13/9] ABSOLUTE AREA -project THUNDER FORCE VI- - NIGHT SWEEPER
4-t). [13/9] The King of Fighters '96 Arrange Sound Trax - Long-horned Beetle (Art of Fighting Team Theme)
6). [9] Dynamite Headdy (Sega Genesis Game Rip) - Schumacher Fly
7-t). [7/4] Little Busters! Arrange Album "Rockstar Busters!" - Heroic Battle
7-t). [7/4] Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 Original Soundtracks - Phantom of Blue

Week 129 maaaaaaay be delayed...? Depends on if I can find some time in the morning to do research. It'll just be a day delay, tops.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:18 AM #23 of 24
This is the worst result of all time

Disclaimer: Actually, I really enjoyed Wreck of the Conception; it actually pops up in my head from time to time. If the laws of anything decent didn't dictate that Leaden Sky must win everything ever, then I would've given it a point. Good batch all around.

EDIT: Also, Tallarico lol

EDIT2: Might as well put up my next nom.

Composer: Hitoshi Sakimoto
Album: GAME SOUND COLLECTION Vol.6 SOUKYU GURENTAI
Track: Otaku Sky
Track #: 4
Year: 1996
Catalogue #: VOCR-5018
Source: VOCR-5018: GAME SOUND COLLECTION Vol.6 SOUKYU GURENTAI - VGMdb
Additional info: Will upload to ftp sometime soon

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Darkcomet72; Apr 28, 2008 at 11:50 AM.
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 03:51 PM #24 of 24
I guess that delay became a reality, huh? Rest assured that I'm waiting in the wings to throw up this week's thread as soon as I get the word

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Week - BATTLE 16 Voting/WEEK 129 Nominating