Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[] Elfen Lied Original Soundtrack [VPBY-12098]

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 12:28 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 12:28 AM #1 of 1
Elfen Lied Original Soundtrack [VPBY-12098]

Composer: Konishi Kayo & Kondoo Yukio

1 Lilium ~opening version~ 1:33
2 Katsubou 2:10
3 Shinkai 2:55
4 Hanayou 1:07
5 Senkou 2:05
6 Yureai 2:32
7 Jouzai 1:52
8 Rin'ne 1:34
9 Yakusoku 2:10
10 Hakuri 2:53
11 Uso Sora 2:58
12 Youkou 4:52
13 Heji 6:28
14 Ametsuyu 2:01
15 Lilium ~saint version~ GRIFFIN Chorus 2:55

Elfen Lied is probably the saddest anime and the most violent and sadistic one I've ever watched. The gloomy atmosphere of this gore anime is supported by the music used in the anime. The CD contains 15 tracks containing music from 13 episode of Elfen Lied. Most of the tracks are melancholic, gloomy, as inteded to support the nuance of psychotic and sadness in the anime. The most notable track in this cd would be the opening song of Elfen Lied, which featuring a gregorian chant and lyric from biblical phrase as quoted from Wikipedia

Quote:
The opening theme song, Lilium, is based on several biblical passages and the hymn Ave mundi spes Maria (Hail Mary, Hope of the World) in Latin (and a couple of words in Greek). The lyric and melody are authored by Kayo Konishi and Yukio Kondou, after being requested to make the song like a Gregorian chant.
The last track is another version of Lilium, sung by Griffin Choir in acapella. I dont say the track is bad, but I prefer the one sung by sopran.

Some of the music also features a metal synthesized sound like in track 5 Senkou and track 10 Hakuri, which seemingly used several ocassion in fighting scene. The musics using a lot of distortions which are not too enjoyable in my opinion. You might get impression of movie score from this soundtrack. Most songs are not melodious and memorable enough for my ears.

This OST could do much better if it doesnt contain too much heavily distorted songs and features melodious ones like in the 2nd track (Katsubou) or Piano-accompanied track like 11 Uso Sora or 12 Youkou, the only cheerful track in the OST, featuring use of synthesized flute and performed in bit jazzy style. I wish the music features more that way.

3/5

Jam it back in, in the dark.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [] Elfen Lied Original Soundtrack [VPBY-12098]