Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] 3:10 to Yuma

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2007, 12:34 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2007, 11:34 PM #1 of 11
3:10 to Yuma

I did a search on this, and didn't find any threads. I'm surprised no one has made a thread yet.

I just got out of this movie, and all i can say is wow, that was a well done movie. It's a western, staring Christian Bale and Russel Crowe. Both actors are great in their roles, and delivered every part of their character with satisfaction.

The atmosphere of the film was stunning. The scenery, acting, and writing created a feeling of suspence i haven't seen in a movie for a long time. The action scenes were well done too, with the final shoot out really giving the movie the ending it deserved.

Has anyone else seen this one yet?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:36 AM Local time: Sep 9, 2007, 08:36 AM #2 of 11
I saw it Friday night, and I enjoyed it as much as you. It was kinda refreshing to see such a well done western in theaters.

How ya doing, buddy?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2007, 12:42 AM Local time: Sep 10, 2007, 12:42 AM #3 of 11
I REALLY wanna see it ;__; I'm a huge fan of westerns and I've heard folks say this is better than Open Range. Sigh...

Once I get back home, I'm going to see this ASAP.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Quain
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 24474

Level 1.73

Sep 2007

Old Sep 11, 2007, 12:28 AM #4 of 11
I think the westerns are making a comeback. There is this movie, and one coming up starring Brad Pitt. Hope to see it this weekend.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2007, 12:52 AM Local time: Sep 11, 2007, 12:52 AM #5 of 11
Ehh, we'll see. Never heard of the Brad Pitt one.

Westerns are rare, but almost all of the recent endeavors were absolute gold. If it got popularized, it might lose that nifty atmosphere or wonderful execution. They're kind of like treats to me by this point (like war movies) since they're not very frequent, but made with a lot of care.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

tenzor
24 SEASON 7 JAN 2009

Member 193

Level 11.66

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2007, 03:14 AM Local time: Sep 11, 2007, 01:14 AM #6 of 11
I really enjoyed this movie, but it seemed the end a little at least I thought so. Can't wait for this to come out on DVD, especially on HD-DVD or blu-ray.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
coeccias
Her default movement speed is running isn't it?

Member 197

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2007, 07:54 PM Local time: Sep 15, 2007, 05:54 PM #7 of 11
I saw this movie today and very much enjoyed it. The character development throughout made the journey to the end a very rewarding experience. The end didn't quite turn out how I wanted it to, but it was still satisfying and appropriate.

FELIPE NO
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2007, 03:09 AM Local time: Sep 17, 2007, 12:09 AM #8 of 11
Everything the rest of you said, I'd just like to add that Ben Foster (I think his name is) was fantastic. I can't say he stole the show because Bale was outstanding as usual, Crowe was solid like usual, but he definitely held his own. Watch this movie in the theater while it's still there.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 07:40 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2007, 07:40 PM #9 of 11
I really liked the movie's back and forth between Crowe and Bale, which was the reason I went to see it in the first place, but there was one thing that kinda bothered me about the end.

Spoiler:
Did anyone else have a hard time believing that Crowe would have such a transformation at the end? I got that he was supposed to be feeling regret along the way, but I never figured him to shoot the whole gang, and go to jail willingly. He could have rode into the sunset then and there. I guess it was just shocking to see him go that quickly from passive resistance to active helpfulness.

I thought about it on the way home, and it seems to me that it's a mark of a western film never to foreground the people who do look out for themselves. So while it's more likely or realistic that Crowe's character would have done what suited him best, they had to have the good guy win, even when he's dead. Did anyone else get that sense?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
LZ
What I'm out for is a good time. All the rest is propaganda.

Member 71

Level 19.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2007, 08:37 AM #10 of 11
I really liked the movie's back and forth between Crowe and Bale, which was the reason I went to see it in the first place, but there was one thing that kinda bothered me about the end.

Spoiler:
Did anyone else have a hard time believing that Crowe would have such a transformation at the end? I got that he was supposed to be feeling regret along the way, but I never figured him to shoot the whole gang, and go to jail willingly. He could have rode into the sunset then and there. I guess it was just shocking to see him go that quickly from passive resistance to active helpfulness.

I thought about it on the way home, and it seems to me that it's a mark of a western film never to foreground the people who do look out for themselves. So while it's more likely or realistic that Crowe's character would have done what suited him best, they had to have the good guy win, even when he's dead. Did anyone else get that sense?
Spoiler:
I think Crowe's 'transformation' was very believable. You could tell that since the beginning he respected Evans as a man, and the respect grows throughout the movie when he keeps refusing his bribes and continues towards his goal of taking him to the train. When he's choking Evans and Evans reveals that he hadn't seen any action in the Civil War, it hits him that he needs this victory - everything Evans has had has been taken or is going to be taken away, including his leg, his land, and more importantly, his family's respect for him. Wade realizes that this respectable man needs this, so he goes willingly - besides, it's not like he wouldn't have escaped from Yuma again. He really wanted to see Evans win, so it makes him really mad at his gang when Prince shoots him. Then, getting on the train would at least guarantee Evans' reputation and Butterfield would have given the $1000 to the family.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2007, 06:23 PM Local time: Sep 29, 2007, 03:23 PM #11 of 11
Spoiler:
Also worth noting is that Wade's gang was not made up of friends but of followers, them obsessed with him, he only using them where it benefits. As a bright person, he developed a liking towards Evans and his actions despite himself. It's as LZ was describing. So, yeah, Wade's a murderer and when his mindless cronies shoot someone he's trying to help for a change, in front of his own son no less, I think gunning them all down is a believable reaction. They aren't irreplaceable and he does intend to after he escapes again.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] 3:10 to Yuma