Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Official Super Mario Galaxy Thread of Awesomeness

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2007, 10:24 AM 1 #1 of 168
Official Super Mario Galaxy Thread of Awesomeness

I was surprised when I was browsing for this topic and didn't find one. I'm so super hyped for this game already. Its looking like such an awesome awesome game of the year.

Let me remind you that this game is not released until the following release dates, so lets keep the spoiler tags effective when needed. Afterall... Mario is all about the experience of the video game itself.

Release Dates
Japan - November 1
North America - November 12
Europe - November 16
Australia - November 29

Purchases
You can purchase it on Amazon for $49.99 or head to your nearest game store. There's a collector's edition guide @ $29.99 for this game if anyone's a consumer whore for them.

Source
Originally Posted by US Website
The ultimate Nintendo hero is taking the ultimate step out into space. Join Mario as he ushers in a new era of video games, defying gravity across all the planets in the galaxy. When some creature escapes into space with Princess Peach, Mario gives chase, exploring bizarre planets all across the galaxy. Players run, jump and battle enemies as they explore the many planets. For Mario to succeed, gamers will press buttons, swing the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers and even use the Wii Remote to point at and drag things on-screen.
Screens:

Trailer

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Philia; Oct 26, 2007 at 11:31 AM.
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2007, 11:03 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2007, 06:03 PM #2 of 168
I'll probably get the Japanese version, just so I can play it early.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2007, 11:20 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2007, 10:20 AM #3 of 168
I will never understand this need. I'd rather wait two weeks and get a game that's in English, myself. If we were talking about Mother 3 I'd understand, but that seems like a lot of trouble just to be the coolest kid on the block.

Most amazing jew boots
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2007, 11:23 AM #4 of 168
I will never understand this need. I'd rather wait two weeks and get a game that's in English, myself. If we were talking about Mother 3 I'd understand, but that seems like a lot of trouble just to be the coolest kid on the block.
I think it's more about wanting to play it ASAP rather than trying to be a show off. I wouldn't pay for importing it, but I certainly will be getting the NA version on day 1!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2007, 11:34 AM #5 of 168
Added the mention about the US purchase price as well as the guide. I'm not sure about prices in other areas though. I'd love to add this if possible.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2007, 11:38 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2007, 10:38 AM #6 of 168
Just find a demo station for Mario Galaxy and steal the disc.

whee

Since Nintendo was so caring to send out the full game.

Although they do request that you shut the demo station off after a person has played it for 5~10 minutes.

People must not be allowed to play the whole game before it's actually released, they say.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Oct 26, 2007, 11:55 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2007, 04:55 PM #7 of 168
Why is this thread 'official'.

Lord knows I'll get this soon after it comes out. I'm a shader whore; the graphics are pretty amazing by Wii standards.

FELIPE NO
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:17 PM #8 of 168
Just to be safe. I'm sure it was mentioned in Official Wii threads and elsewhere but not completely positive if there was. Even though I did a thorough search for this, but I wasn't entirely sure if THIS was going to be made or not. Typically I don't make threads (my enforced policy actually) but I respect the golden rule of not making a duplicate thread.

And I guess this can be a thread for everything SMG that can apply. o.O'

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:39 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2007, 07:39 PM #9 of 168
I don't do it to be 'the coolest kid on the block', but why shouldn't I do it? The game probably contains little text and most of the time the text isn't really needed or is accompanied by icons.

If this was a RPG, I could understand, but this game probably is easily playable without reading too much.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:54 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2007, 05:54 PM #10 of 168
My OCD prevents me from playing any game in which 100% of the text isn't readable.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2007, 01:32 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2007, 01:32 PM #11 of 168
I don't do it to be 'the coolest kid on the block', but why shouldn't I do it? The game probably contains little text and most of the time the text isn't really needed or is accompanied by icons.

If this was a RPG, I could understand, but this game probably is easily playable without reading too much.
Are people afraid of spoilers?

I can already tell you the ending: Mario defeats Bowser.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2007, 01:33 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2007, 12:33 PM #12 of 168
Mario dies, Luke.

Also, turns out Bowser is really your father, and the cake that Princess Peach promises you at the end of the game is a lie.

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2007, 04:11 PM #13 of 168
Just find a demo station for Mario Galaxy and steal the disc.

whee

Since Nintendo was so caring to send out the full game.

Although they do request that you shut the demo station off after a person has played it for 5~10 minutes.

People must not be allowed to play the whole game before it's actually released, they say.
I got the chance to try out the "demo" station today actually, and played for about 15-20 minutes. The two guys working the counter either forgot about me until then or were just being nice, but I managed to get to the first Great Heart. I assume that was a big turning point, but unfortunately the guy came over to take the wiimote back before I could collect it. There was no boss, just stepping on a bunch of switches to turn off the machine draining its power. It would've really sucked if they had gone by the 5 minute rule they told me at first, because it took about that long just to get through the opening story (the demo had been paused right before the Princess is kidnapped).

As for the actual game, it controlled surprisingly well. I really didn't know what to expect, since I couldn't help but compare the planets to the horrible Rouge level from near the end of Sonic Adventure 2 in my mind. No difficulties at all though, very responsive for the shaking to do a spin punch, and overall a lot of fun.

Oh, and apparently the Nintendo reps. asked for Gamestop employees to ban people from the store if they catch you trying to take photos of the game. One of the guys was laughing about that since "you could probably see photos from most of the game already on some place like GameFAQs."

speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2007, 09:56 AM Local time: Oct 30, 2007, 08:56 AM #14 of 168
I hope this game is a galaxy of awesome. Mario is a system-seller, so if this game is top-notch that can only mean great things for the Wii in the last couple months of '07. That is, if Nintendo can manage to manufacture more than two Wiis a day like they have been for the past year...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2007, 01:31 PM Local time: Oct 31, 2007, 07:31 AM #15 of 168
Oh man, it's been leaked. Heads are going to roll at Nintendo because of this.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2007, 03:51 PM Local time: Oct 30, 2007, 03:51 PM #16 of 168
Played it today at my GameStop store. They didn't mention not letting people play through it. The Nintendo Rep came and she was saying that they can't let anyone photograph it, but recommends deleting the save file regularly.

speculative

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2007, 05:28 PM Local time: Oct 30, 2007, 04:28 PM #17 of 168
Oh man, all this worry about the demo kiosks, what do they think this game is a license to print money?

/watches as hundred dollar bills shoot out of the Wii and Nintendo releases a money clip attachment for the Wiimote...

How ya doing, buddy?
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
trackjacket
With a Twist of Lemon

Member 22470

Level 13.94

May 2007

Old Oct 30, 2007, 08:25 PM #18 of 168
I'm pretty jealous of the fact that this is coming out in less than 24 hours in Japan.

2 more weeks!

How ya doing, buddy?
boltzman84
Hardcore Gamer

Member 15772

Level 7.08

Nov 2006

Old Oct 30, 2007, 09:33 PM Local time: Oct 30, 2007, 08:33 PM #19 of 168
Was anybody else pumped up by the airship music from Super Mario Bros 3 on the trailer? It's kinda interesting that music from an NES game still gets the adrenaline going after not hearing it for such a long time.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2007, 06:19 AM Local time: Nov 1, 2007, 12:19 AM #20 of 168
I don't do it to be 'the coolest kid on the block', but why shouldn't I do it?
Because it won't work with your Wii unless you're using a CycloWiz, or have a Japanese Wii? >_>

Even I wouldn't import this game. Not only is the new protection an issue, but a proper Mario game comes out once every 5 or so years, the last thing I want is to play through it initially not knowing what's going on. I could understand if it was, like, KHIIFM+ which won't be released outside of Japan, and people have access to the story in English.

Although the story will most predictably be as obvious as all hell, I guess. Typical Mario fanfare, Bowser comes to town, Mario saves day, Mario and Peach have sex and make mushrooms.

NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2007, 07:20 AM Local time: Oct 31, 2007, 10:50 PM 1 1 #21 of 168
I was surprised when I was browsing for this topic and didn't find one. I'm so super hyped for this game already.
Except this one? Granted it's not official, but I'm pretty sure this served as the appropriate thread.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2007, 02:23 PM Local time: Oct 31, 2007, 01:23 PM #22 of 168
It's also from well over a bloody year ago. Let Phil have her thread.

Most amazing jew boots
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2007, 03:32 PM #23 of 168
Except this one? Granted it's not official, but I'm pretty sure this served as the appropriate thread.
Just to be safe. I'm sure it was mentioned in Official Wii threads and elsewhere but not completely positive if there was. Even though I did a thorough search for this, but I wasn't entirely sure if THIS was going to be made or not. Typically I don't make threads (my enforced policy actually) but I respect the golden rule of not making a duplicate thread.

And I guess this can be a thread for everything SMG that can apply. o.O'
She stand corrected.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by SailorDaravon; Oct 31, 2007 at 03:37 PM.
speculative

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2007, 05:12 PM Local time: Oct 31, 2007, 04:12 PM #24 of 168
Between this and "Bee Movie" I guess bees are the "bees knees" now? Too bad they're all dieing off... A bee makes as much sense as a shroom or raccoon suit that makes fly though lol...

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2007, 12:38 AM Local time: Oct 31, 2007, 10:38 PM #25 of 168
For the first time since Super Mario World,
Spoiler:
Luigi is playable in a main installment of the Super Mario series (excluding the DS enhanced port of 64).
Of course you more or less have to do everything in the game, but. I don't care.

Welcome back, old friend. :'D

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Nov 8, 2007 at 11:38 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Official Super Mario Galaxy Thread of Awesomeness