Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 09:29 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 09:29 AM #276 of 800
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
What does everyone think about
Spoiler:
Rufus remaining an active role now? Do you think they're trying to play him as a reformed villain now, like with the Turks? I for one don't like it; this is the same guy who set up a public execution for Tifa and Barret. He's bad, and I only approve of his return if he continues to be bad.
Spoiler:
Granted, it was pretty bastardized of him to set up a public execution, but that was two years ago. I think it's possible for him to want to reform his ways since, after all, he had as much of a near-death experience as anyone could have. So long as he maintains his "I'm the goddamn president, so shut up." attitude, I think he'd make a great external source of assistance for Cloud and the gang.

I mean Christ, if they Shinra building weapons and providing supplies for them, who needs to go hunt for gold?

OH! I just remembered I had a fairly burning question regarding the roster of the Turks...

Spoiler:
When the nets shot out to catch Rufus, the two Turks members who fired the nets looked an AWFUL lot like Elena and Tseng. And where was Reeve during all this time? I heard him on the phone call when Cloud's phone fell in the water but..

The "Tseng and Elena" duo also appeared behind Rufus later in the movie, when his geostigma started vanishing.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 10:47 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 08:47 AM #277 of 800
Originally Posted by SouthJag
OH! I just remembered I had a fairly burning question regarding the roster of the Turks...

Spoiler:
When the nets shot out to catch Rufus, the two Turks members who fired the nets looked an AWFUL lot like Elena and Tseng. And where was Reeve during all this time? I heard him on the phone call when Cloud's phone fell in the water but..

The "Tseng and Elena" duo also appeared behind Rufus later in the movie, when his geostigma started vanishing.

Spoiler:

Hmm, if you follow it carefully, I remember Vincent mention that he had saved both of them at the edge of their life after he saved Cloud in the forest of the ancients.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 11:14 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 11:14 AM #278 of 800
Spoiler:
And I heard him say that, but someone else in this thread mentioned that Tseng was supposed to have died in FF7.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 11:21 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 09:21 AM #279 of 800
That's a mistranslation I think. Also, when I was playing through the computer version, the dialogue was ambiguous about his fate at best.

FELIPE NO
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 11:42 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 11:42 AM #280 of 800
Ah. Thanks for clearing that up, Magi.

For those of you wondering what's on the preorder disc, from what I've seen so far it's the English VA interviews. Although....it's kinda irritating. Rachel Leigh Cook gets on their, and all she does is talk about how Tifa can "kick so much butt and maintain such great hair." >__>; I dunno, that comment kinda gets on my nerves but that's not at all what Tifa's about or represents as a character. *sigh* Just goes to show the lack of knowledge some of the VAs have for Advent Children.

I'd imagine that if Cook would've maybe played through the game a bit, her acting would've severely improved.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 11:56 AM #281 of 800
If you watched the MTV interview about KH2, you'd see that Cook also has an accurate look at Tifa's personality (strong on the outside, fragile and quiet in the inside, is a mother type figure, etc). By comparison, Suvari's interview merely consists of her going on about Aerith's dress (so pink and fluffy and light, I love her wardrobe, etc). Also, Spike TV had a short interview where Cook mentioned how she did a lot of practicing on how she should sound when hitting and being hit.

Say what you will about her performance, but I'm convinced they got the perfect actress for the job.

Spoiler:
I'm also a bit surprised how much punishment she can take. Loz slammed her face into a podium, then smacked her a few times with that weapon of his, which could pierce concrete.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 12:02 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 02:32 PM #282 of 800
Spoiler:
I'm also a bit surprised how much punishment she can take. Loz slammed her face into a podium, then smacked her a few times with that weapon of his, which could pierce concrete.
It's probably a fruitless effort to look for realism in a movie where basic physics are given a miss (hey, gravity's just a suggestion, not a rule), battles involve no blood unless it's dramatic, and characters magically gain the ability to fly for the final battle.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 12:11 PM #283 of 800
Well, if you take a look at the "Distance" feature, they state outright that they weren't concerned with physics, and just wanted to let loose. Techincally everyone's at lvl 99, so it shouldn't be too far-fetched.

Although there were plenty of times where I stood up and said "Oh come on, Cloud can't do THAT."

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 12:24 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 10:24 AM #284 of 800
Although there were plenty of times where I stood up and said "Oh come on, Cloud can't do THAT."
Oh come on, Chuck Norris Cloud is so badass, he can do anything, anything! I think that they are just letting it lose and considering that they are pretty upfront about the fact there is a total disregard of physics made it so enjoyable awesome for me.

Last edited by Magi; Apr 26, 2006 at 12:32 PM.
Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 12:41 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 03:11 PM #285 of 800
Well, if you take a look at the "Distance" feature, they state outright that they weren't concerned with physics, and just wanted to let loose.
Hence why worrying about realism is a fruitless effort, whether it's physics or how much punishment the characters can take before they have to get injured for dramatic effect or plot purposes.

Incidentally, I'm surprised that people seem to like Vincent's dub VA. Waaaaay too gravelly for my taste.

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 12:52 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 09:52 AM #286 of 800
The characters are all level 99. If they couldn't slice through walls (buildings, no less) and jump fifty feet in the air, I'd be sorely disappointed and unimpressed.

I'd already seen the movie when it came out last year, but I went ahead and bought it yesterday. The English cast did a decent job. Aeris didn't sound quite as robotic as she did in Advent Children, but she still wasn't very good. I can't really think of anybody else who might have annoyed me. Barret had the best voice actor.

"THE HELL YOU BEEN."

I also like how the dubbed movie made more sense than the horrendous subs we got when it was initially released. It's still kind of confusing in parts (like I'm still not sure what a "remnant of Sephiroth" is), but I think I have most of it down.

Spoiler:
Also, wasn't Rufus still manipulating Cloud and everybody? He tells him they found nothing in the North Crater, yet he's holding unto Jenova's head the entire time. He basically sics Cloud, the strongest, on Kadaj's gang to eliminate them.

I don't really call that a means of reforming. That's just Rufus trying to reclaim the power Shin-Ra formerly had.

<3 Wheelchair-Man.

Most amazing jew boots
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 01:11 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 01:11 PM #287 of 800
Regarding the use of Limit Breaks -- I've been rewatching the movie with the strategy guide right in front of me, so I've been playing extra attention to the glowing weapon effect and come to the following conclusions:
Spoiler:
Cloud -- Uses Blade Beam twice and in two parts -- the first part of the attack was used to split apart Loz's attack where he hits the ground and causes a shockwave. The second part was used against Sephiroth where the beam splits into three parts. He used both Braver and the final part of Climhazzard against Bahamut. He used Braver when he knocked Bahamut down (the guide says it will "split an enemy in two unless they're powerful) and the final part of Climhazzard (the upward strike) to slice through Bahamut. And then of course is the new Omnislash.

Barret -- uses Big Shot twice. Once to hit Bahamut and the other to try and break apart his attack, which failed.

Tifa -- In the fight against Loz, I'm convinced she used Beat Rush (her intial combo), Somersault (the series of three kicks), Waterkick (the knee to the face), and Meteor Strike (throwing him into the ground after hitting him into the air).

Red XIII -- You MIGHT could say he uses Sled/Blood Fang, but I'm not so sure. If he did, it would've been against Bahamut.

Cid -- He's obviously used Boost Jump twice on Bahamut, but it could be argued he used Big Brawl to defeat the pack of those dog-things surrounding Tifa and Denzel.

Yuffie -- She might've used Greased Lightning against Bahamut when she threw her weapon at it. The weapon was glowing, so I assumed that's what it was.

Cait Sith -- Nothin.

Vincent -- Sadly, nothing either. I thought maybe the scene where he saved Cloud in the Forgotten City would've been a Limit Break or at least a variation of one, but there's no way. All of his Limit Breaks are full-blown transformations, and none of them have a cape on.

Originally Posted by Kurado
I also like how the dubbed movie made more sense than the horrendous subs we got when it was initially released. It's still kind of confusing in parts (like I'm still not sure what a "remnant of Sephiroth" is), but I think I have most of it down.
Spoiler:
The remnants of Sephiroth are those with the Sephiroth gene, or the memetic legacy of Jenova, or the ones infected with geostigma. They're all one in the same, hence why Kadaj gathers all those kids with geostigma and calls them brethren along with Cloud. They're all "remnants" of Sephiroth. Rufus used it in a derogatory manner toward Kadaj because he was calling Kadaj nothing but a weak replicate of the original. In truth, they're all weak replicates, but that's what was discussed in the game, at least as far as Cloud was concerned and why he was a bit of an outlier.

If you watched the MTV interview about KH2, you'd see that Cook also has an accurate look at Tifa's personality (strong on the outside, fragile and quiet in the inside, is a mother type figure, etc). By comparison, Suvari's interview merely consists of her going on about Aerith's dress (so pink and fluffy and light, I love her wardrobe, etc). Also, Spike TV had a short interview where Cook mentioned how she did a lot of practicing on how she should sound when hitting and being hit.

Say what you will about her performance, but I'm convinced they got the perfect actress for the job.
And just as well, Suvari had a better interview on the bonus disc regarding Advent Children. I guess her and Cook just sorta swapped stupid interview reponses. XD

Most amazing jew boots

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge

Last edited by SouthJag; Apr 26, 2006 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 01:25 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 11:25 AM #288 of 800
Originally Posted by SouthJag
Spoiler:
He used both Braver and the final part of Climhazzard against Bahamut. He used Braver when he knocked Bahamut down (the guide says it will "split an enemy in two unless they're powerful)
Spoiler:
I still think that is use in the end of a realistic version of ominislash instead of a Braver. Although in the game, you can see Cloud do both Climhazzard and Braver within Ominislash. But there are certain choreographic element about that ending drop it’s a bit different from the Braver, which is a simply high jump Vertical slash, while the final blow of Ominslash actually have cloud make a turn around in the sky and then drop with increase momentum. Maybe this is over analyzing it…

Last edited by Magi; Apr 26, 2006 at 01:33 PM.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 01:48 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 01:48 PM #289 of 800
I'll also add that...

Spoiler:
One might argue that the geostigma-healing rain was Aeris's Pulse of Life Limit Break. Of course, that all depends on how big you wanted Aeris's role to be.

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 02:25 PM #290 of 800
Quote:
Incidentally, I'm surprised that people seem to like Vincent's dub VA. Waaaaay too gravelly for my taste.
I thought he was one of the best. I was slightly worried when I heard Blum would take the role, as he's prone to using the same tone of voice. But fortunately, he used a variation of his Darcia voice (from Wolf's Rain) for Vincent, and it worked really well. I can't wait to hear more of him in DoC.

Speaking of remnants...

Spoiler:
I'm still not completely sure what Kadaj was supposed to be. Was he a normal human that was injected with Jenova's cells, like Cloud? Was he a genetically created speciman that's actually younger than he appears? Was Shinra even responsible for his creation, or was he spawned from Jenova's remains? And when he mentions his "brothers and sisters", is he referring to the kids infected with Geostigma, or perhaps there are more guys (and girls) like him out there? I'll assume it's the latter, as it's a good enough excuse for Sephiroth to inhabit more bodies...

I watched the movie again today, and it's even better the second time. If I had to pick a favorite scene aside from the final battle, it would be

Spoiler:
When everyone helps Cloud reach Bahamut. It was teamwork at its finest, right up to the very last person. It also makes one dream about a PS3 sequel incorporating KH2's reaction commands

Does anyone have links to:

1. translations of the director's commentary, or just highlights.

2. the lyrics for the new songs.

Edit: I found some highlights of the commentary, courtesy of Vileath of ac.net. Some very interesting things found, and maybe some hints of what's to come. My comments are in paranthesis.

Spoiler:
I have a couple of quick points from the commentary:

- There's a lot more languages in the FFVII world besides Japanese. (probably referring to the accents)

-Apparently during the remade scenes of the game's last battle, Cait Sith doesn't have the fat moogle due to workload issues? (huh?)

- The representation of the Lifestream was hard to create.

- There's a meaning to the number of birds seen flying over the mounts of wreckage, but they don't say what it is. (maybe it equals the number of party members? I guess I'll go count)

- There's a meaning to the angel statue, but they didn't say what. (angels in RPGs are never a good thing)

- Healin was designed based on a hot spring resort. There's slopes for Rufus up to the entrance, but since thinking it's be a struggle for him to get up them they designed an elevator. But it doesn't show up at all in the film. Nomura laments its lose. The wheelchair was also motion captured, and is still in the studio. (well, he always has Reno and Rude to carry him..)

- Rufus's left hand is hidden, but he has Jenova's head at that point in time. There were some people doing the commentary who didn't know about that.

- Marlene originally threw a rock at Loz. It was changed to Materia later (along with the addition of the scene where Marlene looks at the box before).

- Some of the commentary staff asked what was that black thing that appeared when Kadaj stepped into the water, to which someone replied that it was the the dye from his clothes bleeding. Really, it's the will/'shinen' overflowing from Kadaj that's flowing into the water, like Kadaj himself (being a 'shinentai'/remnants) flowing into the water. (that answers my other question)

- The reason the children's movements are quite super-human is because they drank the water mixed with Kadaj's will, and Sephified them.

- Shogo Suzuki, who plays Vincent, did the title call/said the title in the trailers at first. They hadn't decided to cast him as Vincent at the time, but apparently the title call is what triggered it.

- During production of the game the tips of Vincent's boots were rounded, but Yoshinori Kitase [producer] told them to "make them pointier" so they were changed to the pointy ones you see now. The reason he asked for them changed was that they 'didn't fit Vincent's character', but the meaning behind this isn't explained. (probably to do with his design. He has quite a few pointy things around him)

- The scene with the Kadaj and Rufus in the building was added later. There's a meaning behind the '13' on the building they're in, but they didn't say what. (FFXIII)

- The name of the Bahamut in the film is "Bahamut SHIN" (Tremor). This name was only revealed with the figure, so it's not well known. The names of FFVII's Bahamuts come from old Japanese fighter planes. (KAI/Neo, REISHIKI/Zero, SHIN/Tremor). (Lost in Translation; it's SIN now)

- The reason Bahamut Shin is digging where the memorial statue was is because Kadaj ordered him, believing Jenova's head was there.

- Nomura didn't design Yuffie or Barret's outfits. Yuffie's was done by some of the female staff, and Barret's by the art director Yuusuke Naora. Barret's tattoo was design by Luz (who made the cap and T-shirt from the boxset).

- The scene where everyone helps Cloud jump up towards Bahamut Shin is called the 'Relay Battle', and is a homage to the scene from the game's ending where when Cloud reachs up towards the light Tifa is holding out her hand. (Reaction Command: Relay Battle. Heh)

- Rufus' gun was originally a small design that could be hidden in his sleeve.

- Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo's bikes have a machinegun installed in the front. Even though it isn't used in the film, during the early stages there were scenes where they used them.

- The scene where water bursts out in the church was a homage to the game's ending where the Lifestream flows out from the ground. For that reason, the camera angle was made the same.

- There was a scene where Kadaj and Cloud fought on top of debris, climbing up it, but it was cut.

- The scene where Kadaj looked down on Cloud was planned to have the rest of the party members gather around as well. (dammit...)

- For the scene where Kadaj absorbs Jenova, there was a plan for him to absorb it by eating Jenova. (I imagined the same thing. I got Silent Hill 3 vibes for a minute, but it would be stupid for him to eat an entire head. Unless it's only part of Jenova's head....)

- The Sephiroth battle was originally planned to take place in at dusk.

- The black substance Sephiroth summoned was a kind of negative Lifestream, from the people who had died of Geostigma. (this is mentioned in Aerith's story, about how Sephiroth can manipulate the negavite aspect of the Lifestream. I expect this to be the center of future stories)

- Advent Children was made with the theme of 'family'.

- Since they had really wanted a scene showing Tifa and Aerith's connection, they added the "so you've been with us all along" scene. (the second most bittersweet scene, after Cloud and Denzel. In many ways, Aerith has helped Tifa as much as she has Cloud)

- During production the scene where Aerith put her hand on Cloud's forhead and says 'mother?' Cloud's eyes were open during the scene.

- The scenes where the wolf appears are at the cliff where Zacks was killed, the Forgotten Capital and the church. The wolf symbolizes Cloud's feelings of regret towards the events associated in these places. Once he's able to settle all these the wolf (Cloud's feelings) return to normal and disappears. (Wolf = Cloud's scene of regret.) (well there goes the theory that it was Zack)

- Casting Red XIII was apparently difficult. (it's ONE line!)

- The scene where the children jump into the water and Aerith and Zacks appear wasn't changed at all since it was completed. It's the scene they most wanted to show since the start of development.

Last edited by Soldier; Apr 26, 2006 at 02:50 PM.
Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 02:43 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 11:43 AM #291 of 800
My roommates and I watched the dub last night. Surprisingly good, I thought -- it'd be interesting to hear them in the remake. I liked a lot of the rewritten dialog; made the movie a bit more tolerable, IMO. It's still a schizophrenic's nightmare, but it's better than the JP version.

Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 02:46 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 12:46 PM #292 of 800
Speaking of remnants...

Spoiler:
I'm still not completely sure what Kadaj was supposed to be. Was he a normal human that was injected with Jenova's cells, like Cloud? Was he a genetically created speciman that's actually younger than he appears? Was Shinra even responsible for his creation, or was he spawned from Jenova's remains? And when he mentions his "brothers and sisters", is he referring to the kids infected with Geostigma, or perhaps there are more guys (and girls) like him out there? I'll assume it's the latter, as it's a good enough excuse for Sephiroth to inhabit more bodies...

Spoiler:

The term, from some other translation on Chinese Website I visited in there is a passage that Vincent called Kadaj the "thoughts", "memories" and "body" ( 思念體 ) of Sephiroth. Of course, putting those three word together is actually suggesting that they are a type of spirit body that are formed through the memory and thought of either Jenova or Sephiroth, but not actually a real spirit. Not sure if that make sense.

Last edited by Magi; Apr 26, 2006 at 06:01 PM.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 04:39 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 04:39 PM #293 of 800
Spoiler:
Still on the remnant issue. In the game, and if I remember correctly, Cloud was the fifth "Sephiroth clone," meaning he not only had mako exposure, but the Sephiroth gene injected into him. Now, the game never mentioned the previous 4 to my knowledge nor did they mention any future prospects.

Wielding that knowledge, Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz were probably experiments 6, 7, and 8 or higher, since they acknowledge Cloud as "big brother" more than once. While I'm still in this paragraph, I imagine that either of the three could've created Sephiroth the way Kadaj did. Kadaj was merely the one there when Rufus revealed Jenova's head.

From everything I've gathered, these terms are share common meaning -- geostigma, remnant, Jenova's memetic legacy, the Sephiroth gene, and Jenova cells. Geostigma is the result of the person's inner-Lifestream fighting a foreign invasion i.e. the Sephiroth gene. "Remnant" is the term for the people with geostigma, although Kadaj, Yazoo, Loz, and Cloud really only share that definition amongst themselves. I assume it's because, excluding Cloud, they consider themselves to be superior.

Jenova's memetic legacy and the Sephiroth gene are the same thing, and are the cause of geostigma. With Kadaj's "will" in the water the kids drank, he gave them what I assume to be an enhanced version of the Sephiroth gene; one that allowed him to control the kids.

The water in the flower bed, on the other hand, was likely something of a pure Lifestream well. It was able to overpower the Seph. gene and cure the geostigma.

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 06:48 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 05:48 PM #294 of 800
2. the lyrics for the new songs.
"The Promised Land"
Quote:
Latin

Cur in gremio haremus?
Cur poenam cordi parvo damus?

Stella nobis non concessit
Parvus pulsus
Cor mortem ducens

Venarum pulsis in terramfluens
Vita mollis in stellam redeunt

Animam sacrificare necesse est?
Cur in gremio haeremus?

Cur veniam petimus?
In terra fatali?
"Divinity I and II"
Quote:
Latin

Habitavit
Dormivit
Caelo missus rex
Poena terrae motus
Error humanus
Cajus fructus foris
Cajus verbum clavis
Calamitas excitata ab imo
Cum haustus est fremitu
Cum levatus est carmine
Fatum invitans ruira sive paradisus

Preces
Clamorque
Pauci resistentes
Sola Dea fatum novit
"Advent: One Winged Angel"
Quote:
Latin

Noli manere, manare in memoria (x2)

Sephiroth, Sephiroth

Saevam iram, iram et dolorem (x2)

Sephiroth, Sephiroth

Ferum terribile, ferum fatum

Noli manare, manere in memoria (x2)

Sephiroth, Sephiroth

Veni, mi fili. Veni, mi fili
Hic veni, da mihi mortem iterum
Veni, mi fili. Veni, mi fili
Hic veni, da mihi...

Noli manere in memoria
Saevam iram et dolorem
Ferum terribile fatum
Ille iterum veniet

Mi fili, veni, veni, veni, mi fili (x4)

Mi fili, veni, veni, veni, mi fili
(Qui mortem invitavis)
(Poena funesta natus)
(Noli nomen vocare)
(Ille iterum veniet)

Sephiroth, Sephiroth

Sephiroth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

English Translation

Won't remain, remain in memory (x2)

Sephiroth, Sephiroth

Raging anger, anger and misery (x2)

Sephiroth, Sephiroth

Fierce terror, fierce fate

Won't to remain, remain in memory (x2)

Sephiroth, Sephiroth

Come, my son. Come, my son
Come here, give me death once more
Come, my son. Come, my son
Come here, give me...

Won't remain in memory
Raging anger and misery
Fierce, terrible fate
The second advent

My son, come, come, come, my son (x4)

My son, come, come, come, my son
(By death's invitation)
(Painful tainted birth)
(Won't call the name)
(The second advent)

Sephiroth, Sephiroth

Sephiroth
Himuro Kyosuke - "Calling"
Quote:
English Translation

I wonder how many sleepless nights you have to count, before you find your way
After how many lives are lost, will the strife end?
Clowns that cannot be saved, just tumbling atop of history
Like someone said one day before
The answer is in the wind

How many times does your face have to be hit as you turned it away, before you stop pretending you don't notice?
How much pain must you endure, before you smile freely?
If you're going to accept defeat again, still bound by rusted chains

With your voice strained and your hands gripping tightly
Waiting for the time when your destiny is sure to change
With the faint power of a tiny love
Always waiting for your sadness to be embraced

Pitiful frauds working their puzzles of lies
Foolish romanticists who gracefully entertain with clumsiness
And the premonition of the coming of the day when history will tell you nothing

With your voice strained and your hands gripping tightly
Waiting for the time when your destiny is sure to change
With the faint power of a tiny love
Always waiting for your sadness to be embraced

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Japanese Romanization

Nemurenu yoru wo ikutsu kazuetara ore-tachi tadoritsuku darou
Dore dake no inochi nakushita toki arasoi wa owaru no darou
Rekishi no ue wo korogaru dake no sukuenai doukeshi-tachi
Itsuka dareka ga itte ta you ni
Kotae wa kaze no naka

Somuketa kao wo ikutsu utaretara kizukanu furi yameru no ka
Dore hodo no kurushimi ni taetara egao wa jiyuu ni naru no ka
Sabita kusari ni tsungareta mama mata shippo wo maku no nara
Itsuka dareka ga itte ta you ni
Kotae wa kaze no naka

Furishiboru koe to nigirishimeru sono te de
Unmei wa kitto kawaru toki wo matte iru
Chippoke-na ai no sasayaka-na chikara de
Kanashimi wa itsumo dakareru no wo matte iru

Uso no pazuru wo narabekaeteru aware-na petenshi-tachi
Fukiyousa wo kiyou ni furumau oroka-na romanchisuto-tachi
Rekishi ga nanimo kataranaku naru sonna hi ga kuru yokan ni
Itsuka dareka ga itte ta you in
Kotae wa kaze no naka

Furishiboru koe to nigirishimeru sono te de
Unmei wa kitto kawaru toki wo matte iru
Chippoke-na ai no sasayaka-na chikara de
Kanashimi wa itsumo dakareru no wo matte iru
Source: http://www.adventchildren.net/ff7ac/extra/ost.php

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 07:04 PM #295 of 800
Originally Posted by Dark Nation
Spoiler:
I liked the english dub over the japanese, partly because you just can't emulate a black man in japanese well.
aeris dies:
They have black japs, you know.

How ya doing, buddy?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 07:30 PM #296 of 800
Nice find on the lyrics, but I was hoping for english translations of "Promised Land" and "Divinity". The OWA lyrics are pretty amusing; it's like Nomura wasn't really trying. But I guess he just wanted to find some lyrics that would sound cool in Latin.

Quote:
Spoiler:
The term, from some other translation on Chinese Website I visited in there is a passage that Vincent called Kadaj the "thoughts", "memories" and "body" ( 思念體 ) of Sephiroth. Of course, putting those three word together is actually suggesting that they are a type of spirit body that are formed through the memory and thought of either Jenova or Sephiroth, but not actually a real spirit. Not sure if that make sense.
It doesn't, really. I never thought of Kadaj as
Spoiler:
an extension of Sephiroth, but rather his own individual, serving his Mother by his own will. None of the brothers really resemble Sephiroth's personality, aside from Yazoo (the creepy laughs).

Now for the one scene that's really been bugging me.

Spoiler:
The image of Cloud and Tifa passed out in a field of flowers. I've been wondering what they were implying with this scene. Now knowing that the wolf depicted in the movie represents Cloud's hesitance and guilt, I'll take a stab at it; I believe the scene is meant to show the life Cloud wants to have with Tifa, and with the wolf keeping a fair distance away symbolizes Cloud's hesitation to embrace that life.

Or maybe this could be a hint of something that could happen between them later on.

Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 07:54 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 10:24 PM #297 of 800
Originally Posted by Magi
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The way I hear it, Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz are basically the remains of Sephiroth split between three different people. Loz has his butch toughness and some of his weepy mama's boy personality, Yazoo has his cold attitude (and I dunno, his hair or something, maybe :P), and Kadaj has his leadership ability, the bulk of his fighting skills, and the most intense version of his mommy issues. Something like that, anyway. I remember seeing something about how the moviemakers were originally going to have the three of them combine to form Seph at the end, but it was dropped early on because it seemed too hokey and silly.

Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 08:11 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 02:11 AM #298 of 800
Originally Posted by Amanda
Spoiler:
I remember seeing something about how the moviemakers were originally going to have the three of them combine to form Seph at the end, but it was dropped early on because it seemed too hokey and silly.
Spoiler:
It also seems a lot more like Jenova to have the different components of its scheme to be able to act and succeed on their own. Kinda like the Sephiroth copy Cloud's gang was hunting throughout the first half of the game.

Elrasiel
Take A Last Stand - X3

Member 4186

Level 13.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 08:16 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 05:16 PM #299 of 800
How long is the VenicaFilmFestivalFotage? Are there a lot of scenes which didn't made it in the movie (without the descritpion of the scenes of course)?

Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 10:14 PM #300 of 800
I think that footage is about 15 minutes long.
I watched it in Fast Forward, thinking that it'd get to something different than a clipified version of the film. So I have no idea if there's anything new in there.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread