Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 02:50 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 12:50 PM #1076 of 1941
Originally Posted by Turbo
I'm only level 20 so I'm still a ways off from raiding. Im just looking for something balanced so that I can solo, and when guild or LFG people need a tank for those low instances im going to be starting, I'd be able to tank decently without needing a respec.

Nothing pre-60 requires a single point in Protection to tank. Just get a shield and a decent one-hander and you're good to go. For leveling purposes I'd go with a classic arms/fury build.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 03:03 PM #1077 of 1941
Originally Posted by Six Machine
Nothing pre-60 requires a single point in Protection to tank. Just get a shield and a decent one-hander and you're good to go. For leveling purposes I'd go with a classic arms/fury build.

Classis arms fury build = what? I mean, as I level, which talents should I raise, which should I move to before maxing the others, etc.. :P use that tallent site thingy

Most amazing jew boots

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 04:05 PM #1078 of 1941
Classis arms fury build = what? I mean, as I level, which talents should I raise, which should I move to before maxing the others, etc.. :P use that tallent site thingy
Just put points in Fury/Arms heh. Some people go for the Mortal Strike build. (It was cool, helped me kill shit in Tyr's Hand easily when I had it.)

That's a pretty cool build, Six, but this one hasn't really failed me yet and I've been specced this way an entire year. I FEAR CHANGE!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 04:23 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 02:23 PM #1079 of 1941
Incoming gear picture dump:

And my favorite:

FELIPE NO
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 05:35 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 03:35 PM #1080 of 1941
lollin' so hard at The Stoppable Force. Prototype, maybe?

Also, it's really nice to see thrown weapons with actual STATS on them. Considering Blizzard's recent trend towards encouraging rogues to use them (Deadly Throw, for example), I would be really disappointed if they didn't support it through itemization.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 09:14 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 07:14 PM #1081 of 1941
Basic Arms/Fury build. Max out Cruelty then start dumping your points in Arms, dropping a few in Fury at your leisure. Only use a two-hander as arms/fury unless you're tanking something. If you want to dual wield, go fury. Focus on +str gear without gimping your HP pool or crit %.

Basic Fury build. Fury can be played a number of different ways, so several of these points can be moved all over the place depending on how you like to play the spec. This just takes experience. As for what to spend, I would max out TM before I started dumping into fury. TM makes life a lot easier. If you're going to stick with fury start grabbing +hit gear.

Quote:
That's a pretty cool build, Six, but this one hasn't really failed me yet and I've been specced this way an entire year. I FEAR CHANGE!
Well it's correct for the most part, but you have some utterly wasted talents points, especially if you're supposed to be tanking for a raid.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 10:09 PM #1082 of 1941
Thanks

What about Stances now. I'm going to go with the Basic Arms/Fury build. Should I always stay in defense stance, or alternate.. whats my plan of attack :P

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:36 AM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 10:36 PM #1083 of 1941
Thanks

What about Stances now. I'm going to go with the Basic Arms/Fury build. Should I always stay in defense stance, or alternate.. whats my plan of attack :P
As an arms/fury warrior you will pretty much only use defensive stance in two scenarios.

1. You're tanking something.
2. You're disarming somebody, then switching back to another stance.

Learning when to use what stance just takes experience playing a warrior. Most of the time you'll either be in Battle or Berserker stance, depending on the situation. For instance, when you know a mob/player has a fear you switch to Berserker Stance beforehand and get ready to pop Berserker Rage. When I'm fighting rogues I stay in battle stance since I have imp overpower + phat lewt and can kill them if they dodge a couple times. If I'm quick/lucky enough I can sometimes switch to berserker stance and hit berserker rage to break or make myself immune to their gouge.

Eventually you'll get the hang of things and master the "Stance Dance."

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Six Machine; Oct 8, 2006 at 12:38 AM.
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:40 AM Local time: Oct 8, 2006, 12:40 AM #1084 of 1941
I think there is already WoW channel.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

I like that build better.

Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 01:01 AM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 11:01 PM #1085 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
:lolsign:

I was speaking idiomatically.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 03:01 AM #1086 of 1941

Well it's correct for the most part, but you have some utterly wasted talents points, especially if you're supposed to be tanking for a raid.

I get the job done, that's all that matters

Tanked Mag on Friday. My second attempt. (Healers aren't on the ball as much as they could have been the first) After 2 wipes (One due to healing, another due to the timer being off and CT_Raid didn't call out the fear warning) we tried a 3rd time. Flawless execution. Haven't seen might lately. On either run, actually. :\

Last edited by dagget; Oct 8, 2006 at 03:04 AM.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 04:53 AM Local time: Oct 8, 2006, 02:53 AM #1087 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Originally Posted by Zio
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warrior/talents.html?0230502135251000100505010400501000000 000000000000000[/url]

I like that build better.

Any build without either Shield Slam, MS, or Bloodthirst automatically fails. =\

How ya doing, buddy?
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 10:11 AM Local time: Oct 8, 2006, 10:11 AM #1088 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin

Any build without either Shield Slam, MS, or Bloodthirst automatically fails. =\

No, because that is what my undead warrior is and it works for me. To each thier own, that's like saying mace spec rogues are stupid/fail hell actually lets put it this way. That is like saying ANY rogue spec other then dagger/ambush speced fails.

EDIT: Actually nevermind, I misthought my guy is actually MS, I used to have bloodthrist/all fury but I think bloodthirst sucks.

Most amazing jew boots
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Maiden
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 13678

Level 1.00

Oct 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 04:15 PM #1089 of 1941
Vek'Nilash:

Hypo, Night elf female Rogue 60

Shadowmoon:

Hypokrat, undead female rogue 60

Stormscale:

Hypoline, Human mage 45

Silvermoon:

Atalsia, Gnome male rogue 60

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 05:51 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2006, 03:51 PM #1090 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
No, because that is what my undead warrior is and it works for me. To each thier own, that's like saying mace spec rogues are stupid/fail hell actually lets put it this way. That is like saying ANY rogue spec other then dagger/ambush speced fails.
The warrior class is one that lacks any on-demand instant attacks outside of their 31-point talents. Overpower, Revenge, Sunder Armor and Whirlwind are the only ones they have. Overpower requires a dodge to use, Revenge does crap for damage and is mainly a threat generator, Sunder Armor does no damage (although I have heard stories about prot-PVP builds that get a few sunders up and cackle as their one-hander starts hitting as hard as a two-hander) and Whirlwind is an AOE auto-attack on a cooldown.

MS provides excellent damage on top of one of the best debuffs in the game, Bloodthirst is excellent with a lot of AP (and there's nothing like fighting a combat rogue who disarms you and popping a 1.4K Bloodthirst on him ), and Shield Slam is invaluable as a tanking tool, especially with the new changes.

In PVP, Bloodthirst/MS are as valuable as Tactical Mastery because a Warrior is one of the most easily CC'd classes in the game, meaning that they have an incredibly small window of opportunity to actually attack. Also, 2H weapons are usually the best for PVP (although if you're insanely geared DW is excellent, too), and their slow swing timer is counter-productive to using "on next melee" attacks like Heroic Strike. In essence, the 31-pointers provide burst damage on demand, which is above all else king in PVP.

longshot
Wark!

Member 1153

Level 1.00

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 06:51 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2006, 03:51 PM #1091 of 1941
Originally Posted by Elidibs
I've just realized something...this thread gives me more of a place to post in than sewers.
I'd also like someone to evaluate my lock's talent build. ...lock's the only one I've tolerated long enough. Ended up deleting others. D:

This is where I plan on taking it. Evaluate?

It does me well in PvP-- much better than Destruction did, but PvE's a mixed bag.
DM/Ruin is my current build for my 60 warlock.
I used to be SM/Ruin, but a few months ago while doing Firemaw in BWL, and having mages/warlocks pulling agro.
I went to the my current build for the -20% threat reduction
for PVE raiding those are currently the best imo.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 08:42 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2006, 08:42 PM #1092 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
The warrior class is one that lacks any on-demand instant attacks outside of their 31-point talents. Overpower, Revenge, Sunder Armor and Whirlwind are the only ones they have. Overpower requires a dodge to use, Revenge does crap for damage and is mainly a threat generator, Sunder Armor does no damage (although I have heard stories about prot-PVP builds that get a few sunders up and cackle as their one-hander starts hitting as hard as a two-hander) and Whirlwind is an AOE auto-attack on a cooldown.

MS provides excellent damage on top of one of the best debuffs in the game, Bloodthirst is excellent with a lot of AP (and there's nothing like fighting a combat rogue who disarms you and popping a 1.4K Bloodthirst on him ), and Shield Slam is invaluable as a tanking tool, especially with the new changes.

In PVP, Bloodthirst/MS are as valuable as Tactical Mastery because a Warrior is one of the most easily CC'd classes in the game, meaning that they have an incredibly small window of opportunity to actually attack. Also, 2H weapons are usually the best for PVP (although if you're insanely geared DW is excellent, too), and their slow swing timer is counter-productive to using "on next melee" attacks like Heroic Strike. In essence, the 31-pointers provide burst damage on demand, which is above all else king in PVP.
If you read the edit I said nevermind I hadn't played my undead warrior in a long time and the only reason I did go MS even though I want to go fury was cause MS = own healers. That and Will of the Forsaken does help a lot even though I leveled up in the other starting area because I hate undead start points(I tried it with an undead lock, I hate it.).

It's the only undead I use and I still hate it.

How does bloodthirst pop 1.4k when most people for one don't up thier unarmed(Though mine is 300 cause of teh fact you never know when you'll be disarmed for one and second cause I can still crit high/do good/fast amounts of damage.)?

It says it does 45% damage and without your main hander you won't be doing that much damage and every hit only brings back 20 health I thought.

For my warlock, he's a 5/31/16 warlock. Mainly cause that is my PVP build with good PVE ability as well. Cause I always sack my succy and someone rezes her and bam with soul link she is buffing me with a lot of shadow damage.

Originally Posted by Zio
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 11:20 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2006, 09:20 PM #1093 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
How does bloodthirst pop 1.4k when most people for one don't up thier unarmed(Though mine is 300 cause of teh fact you never know when you'll be disarmed for one and second cause I can still crit high/do good/fast amounts of damage.)?
Because Bloodthirst is 40% of your Attack Power, and that's it. Weapon damage is not figured into the equation. Granted, in order to get a 1.4k bloodthirst crit, you'd have to have like... 2.8k AP (i.e. raid-buffed), or a battleground buff. =\

I was speaking idiomatically.
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 01:26 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 01:26 AM #1094 of 1941
Oops, no wonder I thought it was crap I thought it was your weapon, not your AP.

Originally Posted by Zio
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 01:54 AM Local time: Oct 8, 2006, 11:54 PM #1095 of 1941
Yeah, 40% of your weapon damage is really, really shitty.

which is why I sorta think they will wind up buffing Devastate's damage if they're pushing for prot-PVP builds like I think they are...

FELIPE NO
Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 07:22 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 02:22 PM #1096 of 1941
I would correct you on calling Bloodthirst shitty. But I'll rather let you find out yourself why its so good.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 07:29 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 05:29 AM #1097 of 1941
Originally Posted by dagget
I get the job done, that's all that matters
A tricycle can get the job of transporting me to work done but that doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 09:45 AM #1098 of 1941
Bloodthirst is awesome. Forget about the 20 healing per hit, it's shit and forgettable.

45% of attack power is good. Buffed I had roughly 2000 attack power. It depended on mobs, but you can easily do 1400 crits, equiped weapon is not a factor. That's the cool thing when your disarmed you can still use bloodthirst because it doesn't need a weapon.

Dual Wielding, spamming bloodthirst, Whirlwind and maybe heroic strike whenever they are ready, you probably still have trouble using up all the rage. Since Bloodthirst is also a instant you won't lose much rage since your regular swings will still generate rage.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 12:54 PM #1099 of 1941
A tricycle can get the job of transporting me to work done but that doesn't mean it's a good idea.

When you pay my $15/month then you can tell me how to play my warrior. I'm actually tired of your little snippets and quick jabs at me. Don't exactly know what the problem is but sheesh.

Last edited by dagget; Oct 9, 2006 at 12:56 PM.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 04:48 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 02:48 PM #1100 of 1941
The true reason why Silvermoon was destroyed: Citizens like this.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft