Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] 24 Season 8

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2010, 11:18 PM Local time: Feb 8, 2010, 11:18 PM #1 of 10
24 Season 8

Anyone watching this season? You should be.

I was actually pretty disappointed for about the first hour and a half this season, even though I enjoyed many of the scenes. However, it has been picked up significantly from there and hasn't let up. Maintaining its quality through 8 seasons is quite impressive. Yeah there are many moments that seem impossible in reality, but I surmise half the stuff you might think is such, is actually possible.

last ep
Spoiler:

probably the best episode of the season. There really isn't a dragging story as of yet. I had my worries about the whole Dana plot, but I am finding it quite entertaining actually. I just want a good reason why the government didn't find out about the whole Jenny thing. That is something that is difficult to believe.

they went over the top with Jacks knife kill, but boy was that sweet. They should have put him in a place where he could see the guy coming in. He was behind a couch and really just guessed where to throw it. That is what it seemed like anyway.

Also I really liked Vlad

I don't like how Hassan and his daughter look too Indian. I believe they are in real life. Good casting for the acting ability, but bad on looks. Or is that just me. However, I don't know the Arab culture in great detail. There must have been other good arab actors.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2010, 01:23 PM Local time: Feb 9, 2010, 12:23 PM #2 of 10
This season has been pretty underwhelming so far, but hey, it's still not season six bad (yet).

One of my problems is that President Taylor is being severely underused in her current capacity. She had such a great range of plots last season, but now they've pretty much pigeonholed her into this boring UN storyline. I hope they find some way to spice things up for her because as of now her plot is sadly not worth watching and is (or rather, was) only serving to move the overall plot forward.

And yeah, I don't even have to explain why the Dana Walsh plot is terrible.

I could go on and on about other reasons why the show's not working for me at the moment (emo Renee, all the new characters at CTU being pretty boring aside from Cole, etc.), but then I'd probably be here all day. For now I'll just hope that they manage to turn things around to make this season worth watching in the long run, because based on the episodes that have aired so far I'd say it isn't.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2010, 06:55 PM Local time: Feb 9, 2010, 06:55 PM #3 of 10
Yeah I agree about the CTU interactions. They could be spiced up. I like Hastings and his stupid ass remarks along with Chloe. Dana is alright. The other guy is pretty crappy. All in all they just aren't used together well yet.

Taylor and her adviser definitely are not used much yet, but I haven't felt like they needed to be.

Oh yeah and of course Dana's old boyfriends friend is totally retarded.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2010, 08:45 PM #4 of 10
Pretty much everything Rockgamer said, especially Dana Walsh. From what we've seen, whatever the ex-boyfriend has on her isn't nearly enough to justify abusing her national security clearance. Her lack of faith in Fred Freddie Prinze Jr. is astonishing.

At this point, the whole show feels like a jumble of cliches. There's not really anything they haven't already done, and it's too predictable. I'll keep watching, because lord knows it's better than Heroes, but the magic is gone.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2010, 04:07 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2010, 03:07 AM #5 of 10
Since we're winding down to the last few episodes we might as well try to generate some discussion out of them. Surprisingly the show has gotten better as of late, though it's still nowhere as great as it has been in seasons past. So to hit on a few things:

-I'm sorry, but I can't imagine anyone giving Chloe that much power. Don't get me wrong, I think she's doing fine in the role, but every time she mentions that she's in charge I just start laughing. I could also say the same thing about Dahlia Hassan (minus the laughing part), because that is just one of those plots that it asking you to suspend your disbelief way too much (especially from a show that already does so in almost every episode).

-Killing Renee just seemed pointless. Yeah, I know the show is famous for its high body counts, and yeah, I know that if they hadn't killed her then the last five or six hours of the show would have just been Jack borking her over and over again, but it still seemed a bit unnecessary. Especially after seeing last night's episode, it seems like there was enough there to get Jack involved again without killing her, but I guess they just wanted to make it personal for MAXIMUM DRAMATIC EFFECT.

-And finally, though I thought this was going to be terrible, bringing back Logan has been pretty good so far. I love how Gregory Itzin is playing the character this time around, because it really is hard to get a good read on him (I honestly can't tell what his intentions are). And bringing him back has finally made President Taylor worthwhile for this season (because just about every other plot she was involved in has been pretty lame so far).

So all in all, while the show probably won't end on a high point, at least it'll more than likely not end on a low point either. I'm not really expecting too much from the series finale, mainly because they didn't know for certain the show was ending while they were making it (at least not far enough in advance to make any worthwhile changes), and because I expect any major loose ends will be tied up with the movie.

How ya doing, buddy?
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2010, 09:42 PM Local time: May 17, 2010, 09:42 PM #6 of 10
God damn this show still fucking kicks ass.

I'm fine with it ending since its hard to make 24 episodes with this series' concept. They have done well at keeping it fresh for 8 seasons. Just as along as I get my movies where they won't have any issues in coming up with cohesive 2 hour storylines, I will be ecstatic.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2010, 06:40 PM #7 of 10
Last night's episode was amazing. The motorcade scene is easily one of my favorite 24 scenes ever. The mask + Itzin's fear and anguish was too good.

FELIPE NO
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2010, 06:15 PM Local time: May 24, 2010, 06:15 PM #8 of 10
Darth Bauer comin for ya.

Last episode of 24 tonight people.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2010, 04:39 AM Local time: May 25, 2010, 03:39 AM #9 of 10
Time for me to man up and admit it:

Spoiler:
I cried during the final scene of the show.

It was probably from a combination of both the scene itself and the realization that the show is actually over.

As for the rest of the finale, and the season in general, I have to say I didn't like the way they portrayed President Taylor at all this season. She went from a pretty boring first half to a totally out of character second half, pretty much ruining all the love I had for her after Season 7. Before this season I would have had no problem saying she's the best President since David Palmer, but after she started working with Logan (and especially after some of the stuff she did tonight) I just can't look at her in that high of a regard. Yeah, they tried to redeem her at the end, but for me personally it was already too late to fix the damage they did.

I'm also kinda sad to see Dahlia Hassan just roll over like that. Not that she was much of a strong-willed woman in the first place, but to not do anything and just let President Taylor's guilty conscience save the day was pretty lame. I'm not lying when I say I was hoping for her to just take that pen and jam it in Suvarov's neck when she went up to sign the treaty, but I guess that's too much to hope for from such an overall forgettable character.

Not much to say about Logan, except that I'm surprised he actually had the courage to pull the trigger. Then again, it probably had more to do with the fact that he didn't have the courage to actually pay for his crimes, so of course he did the most cowardly of the two.

Finally, while I knew there wouldn't be a happy ending for Jack (when has there ever been one?), I guess it's good that it ended in a way that provides closure while still leaving the door open for future adventures (i.e. the movie). And love her or hate her, there's no denying that Chloe's relationship with Jack was the longest running one on the show (in terms of seasons she's tied with Kim, but Chloe has been in way more episodes) and thus was fitting to end the show with. Yeah, there's still plenty of unresolved plotlines and unaccounted for characters from throughout the series run, but I don't think anyone would argue that first and foremost this show was Jack Bauer's story, so as long as we got closure for that I'm satisfied.

And while not a serious criticism, I wish they could have found some way to shoehorn Aaron Pierce into this season (hey, they did it in Season 6). Before this season he was the only person other than Jack to have been in every season, so I was hoping he'd end the series with that accomplishment. Oh well.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2010, 05:17 PM #10 of 10
I think they're making a 24-movie with Kiefer Sutherland.
IMDB says it's in development.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Thanks to Fjordor for the funny image!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] 24 Season 8