Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium

Grubdog
Custom User Title

Member 780

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 09:02 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 12:02 AM #1 of 53
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium

This album is gonna ROCK! It's a double CD, and it comes out May 9. The first single is called Dani California, and it's been doing the rounds at the moment, I absolutely love it. For those who haven't heard it, here's a link to the video.

Track List

Disc 1
1 DANI CALIFORNIA
2 SNOW (HEY OH)
3 CHARLIE
4 STADIUM ARCADIUM
5 HUMP DE BUMP
6 SHE'S ONLY 18
7 SLOW CHEETAH
8 TORTURE ME
9 STRIP MY MIND
10 ESPECIALLY IN MICHIGAN
11 WARLOCKS
12 C'MON GIRL
13 WET SAND
14 HEY

Disc 2
1 DESECRATION SMILE
2 TELL ME BABY
3 HARD TO CONCENTRATE
4 21ST CENTURY
5 SHE LOOKS TO ME
6 READYMADE
7 IF
8 MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER
9 ANIMAL BAR
10 SO MUCH I
11 STORM IN A TEACUP
12 WE BELIEVE
13 TURN IT AGAIN
14 DEATH OF A MARTIAN

I can't friggin' wait for the album, who else is looking forward to it?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Grubdog; May 2, 2006 at 04:35 AM.
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 09:15 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 04:15 PM #2 of 53
Hell yeah, only two weeks left. It'll be released right after my birthday, I think that's pretty awesome.

Attaching Dani California!

By the way, thanks for the link to Tell Me Baby; I hadn't heard that yet. I think like it better than Dani California.

How ya doing, buddy?
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of

Last edited by Aardark; Apr 21, 2006 at 09:23 AM.
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 05:52 PM #3 of 53
John and Flea are great...but basically all of the RHCP songs I like are on the greatest hits album. It's one of my mainstream guilty pleasures I guess. These new songs are catchy at best, nothing I would really listen to, but I love Flea's groove on "Tell Me Baby".

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 09:15 AM #4 of 53
Yesterday, I had Dani California playing non-stop. Looks like I'm doing the same thing today . I really like the story-telling element of the song and RHCP does it in such an American way. I LOVE IT.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 01:59 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 10:59 AM #5 of 53
This album should be great, one of my friends in a RHCP fanatic and can't wait until this is released.

Listening to Dani California was great though, the music video was fun as hell to watch, trying to name the different bands that they all dressed up as and whatnot. I have never been the biggest Chili Peppers fan, but upon their new release I will probably be listening to them more than ever.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 02:00 PM #6 of 53
Dude. The grunge and Curt Colbain part was SO FUNNY. The song and video is an instant classic!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 03:08 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 09:08 PM #7 of 53
The video is an absolute classic make no mistake. The main criticism I see against Dani California is that it's very similar to their old stuff. However, the Chilli's old stuff was awesome, ergo, Dani California is also awesome.

Most amazing jew boots

>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Long Live Lost
LiveJournal: Latest Entry: My Political Leanings.
Latest JOURNAL Entry:
ITE: I review the latest album by The Guillemots (also, exam results)

acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 02:07 PM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 01:07 PM #8 of 53
Originally Posted by Living Legend
This album should be great, one of my friends in a RHCP fanatic and can't wait until this is released.

Listening to Dani California was great though, the music video was fun as hell to watch, trying to name the different bands that they all dressed up as and whatnot. I have never been the biggest Chili Peppers fan, but upon their new release I will probably be listening to them more than ever.
There has been no official statement yet as to "who" the band is portraying in the video, but this is my take on it.

Elvis - This one is obivious. The dress, the hip shaking, the band. No one should question this one.

The Beatles - Alot of people are thinking that this may be Buddy Holly and the Crickets. I have to disagree. Really look at the hair. The mannerisms. Further more the shot of the Beatle-boots and how Chad is drumming. That's Ringo's style to a tee.

Jimi Hendrix with an as-yet undetermined backing band - Well it's obvious that it's Hendrix. His hair, mustache, and above all else the jacket. That thing should be instantly associated with Jimi. The backing band could either be the Jimi Hendrix Experience (which would make the most sense) or simply Cream. Most likely a amalgamation of both. And jesus christ people, it's NOT Prince and the Revolution.

Parliament Funkadelic with Gary Glitter and Marc Bolan (of T.Rex) - Anthony is George Clinton, John is Marc, and Flea is Glitter. The white fur coat, headband and glasses are a dead giveaway to George. John is practically the spitting image of Marc Bolan. I swear he raided his closet. And Flea is easily dressed as Glitter. The hair, shoulder pads, and glasses. I just hope Flea doesn't get picked up for molestation charges in Thailand.

David Bowie with ? - This is about the only one I'm not sure about. Flea is Bowie (as Ziggy Stardust). No question about that, look at his freaking hair for god's sake. I'm still not sure who Anthony is though. Part of me thinks that he's just another one of Bowie characters (however, I'm not all THAT familiar with Bowie through the years). It's almost Alice Cooper-ish (early Alice Cooper). If anyone can pinpoint this, let me know.

The Sex Pistols - Another easy one. Anthony is obviously Johnny Rotten, and Flea is Sid Vicious. The big Union Jack makes the clear a little bit clearer.

The Misfits - While you could probably just substitute any death metal band in here and get the same result (and you know, since they're all ripping off the Misifts look anyway), a quick Google search on the Misfits shows that they absolutely nailed this one. Corpse paint, dress, the hair.

Poison - Since most of the 80s hair bands pretty much look the same, this one was a bit tricky. They're not nearly scary looking enough to be Twisted Sister (they look more like girls, not drag queens) and they're not "tough" enough looking to be Motley Crue. And John is all tarted up like C.C anyways.

Nirvana - Easy one. Probably the second easiest one after Elvis. They managed to pull of the MTV Unplugged vibe great. Also, a really nice touch on the candle getting snuffed out on the line "gone too fast".

The Chili Peppers themselves - No costumes, just the band.

Great video, from a band that's always had good videos. And yeah, Dani California sounds alot like most of the stuff they've been doing lately, but there is nothing wrong with that. The stuff they've been doing lately has been great anyways. Hope the rest of Stadium Arcadium is as good.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
XtremeDJW
Chocobo

Member 3625

Level 10.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 07:55 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 12:55 AM #9 of 53
Originally Posted by acid
The Misfits - While you could probably just substitute any death metal band in here and get the same result (and you know, since they're all ripping off the Misifts look anyway), a quick Google search on the Misfits shows that they absolutely nailed this one. Corpse paint, dress, the hair.
Erm..sorry, what now? I dunno what Death Metal bands you listen to but I'm almost sure none of 'em look like the Misfits.

Most amazing jew boots
Sol
resident

Member 1293

Level 12.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 02:29 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 12:29 PM #10 of 53
RHCP has always been a solid band since I first heard them, and this new CD looks to carry on with the same. The video for Dani California was funny, even though I can only identify a few bands they masquerade as.

Originally Posted by Majin yami
The main criticism I see against Dani California is that it's very similar to their old stuff. However, the Chilli's old stuff was awesome, ergo, Dani California is also awesome.
Quoted for truth.

How ya doing, buddy?
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 02:33 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 09:33 PM #11 of 53
I'm looking forward to this album, but the limited edition will cost over $70,-!

Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 02:51 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 09:51 PM #12 of 53
I'm listening to it now, and it's certainly not the second Blood Sugar Sex Magik. It seems like all the talk about how they're 'going to bring back the funk' has been quite exaggerated. That's a bit disappointing, but overall it's one of their most melodic and mature albums yet, even more so than Californication or By The Way.

acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 11:57 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 10:57 PM #13 of 53
Originally Posted by XtremeDJW
Erm..sorry, what now? I dunno what Death Metal bands you listen to but I'm almost sure none of 'em look like the Misfits.
Alright. I used the wrong sub-classification of a sub-classification of a rock genre to illustrate a point. I have brought a great dishonour to my household.

Still, the idea of the corpse paint, spikes, and generally the entire look of Misfits is definetaly not foreign to whatevermetal, no matter what hilarious sub-genre you want to label it with. That's the point. Big picture.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 02:18 AM Local time: May 1, 2006, 08:18 AM #14 of 53
Originally Posted by Grawl
I'm looking forward to this album, but the limited edition will cost over $70,-!
You can get Bad Boys 1+2 limited edition plus Will Smith signed Bad Boyz t-shirt for that amount. But hell, get RHCP CD!!

I am listening to it right now, and it's pretty good so far. Hump de Bump is kawaii~, another nice one is "Hey" (The "Hey" Man)

How ya doing, buddy?
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 03:27 AM Local time: May 1, 2006, 10:27 AM #15 of 53
Readymade is my favourite song so far. For some reason, it seems like it could be really powerful live, as an opener.

FELIPE NO
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 08:03 AM Local time: May 1, 2006, 03:03 PM #16 of 53
I only listened to the Jupiter CD, but my favourites so far are "Snow ((Hey Oh))", "Warlocks", "C'mon Girl", "Wet Sand" and "Hey".

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
confuzzled_emu
Wark!

Member 1239

Level 2.97

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 12:04 PM Local time: May 1, 2006, 06:04 PM #17 of 53
Can't wait for the album to come out!!!! *gets excited* They did a live concert thingy for Radio One a few weeks back and I think you can listen to it online. Its got some of their older songs as well as stuff off this album I think.
Dani California ROCKS!! Though my fave song ever is Under the Bridge...*goes all misty eyed*

nanashiusako
Good Chocobo

Member 4749

Level 17.91

Apr 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 07:24 PM #18 of 53
I have a feeling this album is going to be great. The first time I read about it was in Spin. I'm more a fan of the RHCP's older stuff, but I'd probably buy this one. What I've heard sounds pretty good. =)

EDIT : Hm, I dunno about that Beatles suggestion. Paul played left handed bass for one. And only one Beatle wore glasses...and not back when they were doing, like, the ed sullivan show and stuff (the black and white days). Though the drummer does look like he is drumming ringo style.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by nanashiusako; May 1, 2006 at 07:40 PM.
omglasplagas
AMPLE SOUL PHYSICIAN

Member 3725

Level 2.86

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 03:54 AM #19 of 53
Hey, how'd you guys get the leaked album?

Can someone rapidshare it?

I STAND UP NEXT TO A MOUNTAIN...
... AND I CHOP IT DOWN WITH THE EDGE OF MY HAND
Grubdog
Custom User Title

Member 780

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 04:24 AM Local time: May 2, 2006, 07:24 PM #20 of 53
I second this request!

Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 05:25 AM Local time: May 2, 2006, 12:25 PM #21 of 53
Learn to use torrents.

Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 08:24 AM Local time: May 2, 2006, 03:24 PM #22 of 53
I saw a rapidshare link somewhere, but you do not need it, really, it should be on all the major torrent sites by now.

Have you guys seen the cover of Dani California single CD? I think it's gorgeous; an absolutely beautiful photo. Maybe it doesn't quite match the upbeat mood of the song, looks like it would be more at home on the cover of Californication, but it looks fantastic either way. I'll definitely get a poster of it, when I can.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 08:30 AM Local time: May 2, 2006, 03:30 PM #23 of 53
I find it rather boring, actually. And it may just be me, but isn't it a drawing?

FELIPE NO
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 08:54 AM Local time: May 3, 2006, 12:24 AM #24 of 53
I couldn't find a major torrent of it, all I could find was about 10 demo tracks off the album. I guess I'll wait until it is properly released.

Most amazing jew boots
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 09:15 AM Local time: May 2, 2006, 04:15 PM #25 of 53
You guys...

http://isohunt.com/torrents.php?ihq=...um&ext=&op=and

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium