Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 07:49 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 07:49 AM #1276 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
It's a guaranteed proc that has a cooldown of several seconds. Not a chance to proc.
Hmmm, that 30% must have threw me off, sorry.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with Elemental in both PVP and PVE and Enhancement in PVP?

Suuuure. Keep thinking that.
Most people love the new enchancement and what it will bring for PVP and PVE.

I know elemental sucks for PVE. The only reason that is, is what you have for spells. The one nature bolt or whatever. And the shocks. That's why elemental sucks for PVE. That's all I know.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 10:36 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 05:36 PM #1277 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
I like the new combat rogue stuff, it's great. I think it's a great addition.

And I dont' know Kensaki, the Warlocks now have a aggro reduction too even though IMO, I don't see how you need to have aggro reduction/resets when if you DPS right you never pull aggro. The only time I can see you doing it is if it's Ony phase 3 cause she tends to randomly hit a person or two with the most aggro but hitting the MT. And those people are usually the rogues that chase her and the hunters.

Don't look at me. The lead developer said mages would be the top dps class for TBC rogues and warriors are being left in the dust by the two magic dps classes. One can wonder what they are thinking when they give the class with the least penalty on DPS(no cleave or nothing hitting you at max range and three agro resets with the right spec).

I was speaking idiomatically.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 04:34 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 02:34 PM #1278 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Hmmm, that 30% must have threw me off, sorry.
That 30% is the addition to spell interruption, not the chance to proc. With this and Healing Focus, you have 100% anti-spell interruption. It's one of the main reasons why Earth Shield is so good.

Quote:
Most people love the new enchancement and what it will bring for PVP and PVE.
For PVE? Yes. For PVP? It brings nothing new at all except a cheaper Stormstrike with a shorter cooldown, which is hardly enough to counteract things like Ice Lance or the myriad of other new tools which are introduced in the expansion, while shammies run around with a dispellable Bloodlust and two totems on 20-minute cooldowns which do almost nothing to help the shaman, as well as a mana regen spell that requires to to either eat cleaves or tank the mob (loooool) and ANOTHER air totem that increases damage.

Quote:
I know elemental sucks for PVE. The only reason that is, is what you have for spells. The one nature bolt or whatever. And the shocks. That's why elemental sucks for PVE. That's all I know.
The MAIN reason Elemental sucks for PVE is a combination of no longevity like Restoration and now Enhancement has (40 MP5 in decked out gear doesn't cut it, people), and no REASON to be casting those nukes at all, be it a spell damage increase in the party, mana regen, etc. Other issues are a lack of the Nature equivalent of Curse of Elements/Shadows, which itself gives us a handicap of over 10% damage (and that's BEFORE taking into account the spell penetration), and reliance on a single school of magic for dealing damage, which is bad news if there's a nature-resistant (or nature-IMMUNE) mob.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 10:32 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 10:32 PM #1279 of 1941
That's cause in reality, nature doesn't do much harmful, which means no curses for joo. That's what you get for being a shaman.

How ya doing, buddy?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 03:55 AM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 01:55 AM #1280 of 1941
...NOT that argument again.

We're talking about a game where gigantic anthropomorphic cows turn into oversized kittens, the living dead can turn a troll into a sheep before using mystical and arcane forces to decimate it, immortal elves can summon down the wrath of their moon goddess upon their enemies (lol starshards), and dwarves can fire a bolt-action rifle at speeds that would rival a sub-machine gun.

Realism ain't got no place in this game.

Besides, doesn't a little thing called "balance" usually take place over realism? =\

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 04:42 AM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 04:42 AM #1281 of 1941
Speaking of sub machine guns, what's the name of that gun that has like, under 1.70 speed? I want it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 09:53 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 09:53 PM #1282 of 1941
...NOT that argument again.

We're talking about a game where gigantic anthropomorphic cows turn into oversized kittens, the living dead can turn a troll into a sheep before using mystical and arcane forces to decimate it, immortal elves can summon down the wrath of their moon goddess upon their enemies (lol starshards), and dwarves can fire a bolt-action rifle at speeds that would rival a sub-machine gun.

Realism ain't got no place in this game.

Besides, doesn't a little thing called "balance" usually take place over realism? =\

Yes this is true but shamans aren't ones who 'curse' thier enemies. They use nature and the spirits to GUIDE THEM.

I wasn't going for an arguement like that cause nature can do tons of damage such as hurricanes and many other things. Even though druid/shammy is kinda the same class save for druids are more with nature and shamans are more with spirits.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Originally Posted by Zio
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:53 PM #1283 of 1941
What I usually do when I feel a class is no longer to my liking is reroll. Its a lot easier AND more fun than complaining about a class and hoping something changes.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:00 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 12:00 AM #1284 of 1941
Originally Posted by immp
What I usually do when I feel a class is no longer to my liking is reroll. Its a lot easier AND more fun than complaining about a class and hoping something changes.

This is true but why should he? Just because blizzard is a fucktard about it.

There are many things I hate about a rogue but I like the rogue too much to just quit him. Though I do have a 60 lock I like using a lot cause locks own.

Double Post:
Oh and anther thing. About enchancement. What do you expect a warrior and rogue is? I feel both classes are very gear dependent.

Originally Posted by Zio

Last edited by Zio; Nov 27, 2006 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:47 AM #1285 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
This is true but why should he? Just because blizzard is a fucktard about it.

There are many things I hate about a rogue but I like the rogue too much to just quit him. Though I do have a 60 lock I like using a lot cause locks own.
Thats the way I deal with it. My rogue is for raiding, mage for pvp and 5 man, and a warrior for pvp.I just keep different characters where I find they're the most fun.

Most amazing jew boots
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:54 AM Local time: Nov 26, 2006, 10:54 PM #1286 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Yes this is true but shamans aren't ones who 'curse' thier enemies. They use nature and the spirits to GUIDE THEM.
Mages don't curse their enemies either but they get 10% damage and spell penetration. How hard would it be to extend Elements to Nature damage (and possibly Shadows to Holy damage?)

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 01:36 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 01:36 AM #1287 of 1941
Priest don't really have that much DPS either Griffin. They just can outlast like hell cause of shadow form damage reduction + the life stealing.

I know what you mean Griffin, I was giving you a hard time. ._.; They probaly won't though Griffin cause of lore.

How do mages get 10% of that, talent isn't it?

Both my chars are used for raiding/PVP.

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Zio
Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 01:39 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 08:39 AM #1288 of 1941
So I announced on forum today the death of me as pug tank. Latest reports from 70 is that agro is so fickle for a warrior now cause of rage starvation/sunder armor nerf/devastate gimpness it makes it nigh impossible to hold agro of dps thirsty mages and whatnot with their new dps. But on a positive note. Druids tank better and should be the obvious choice as PuG tank. So I guess I can just run fury and take the occational add.

Yes thats right. After much testing its been confirmed warrior is the worst of the three tanking classes(druid/pala/war(sorted after how good they are)) in TBC at 5-10 man that is with tiptop tanking gear and best prot spec avalible.

To be honest I can hardly believe it. Not only are they making us even more free fodder in PVP but they've taken the basis of our class right from under our feets and handed it to the hybrid classes as treats. I apparently should get a raid guild and only use my warrior for main tanking 25 mans. Which is the only thing we have left now. Or untill its proven druids are better than us here aswell...

*disgusted at Blizzard. And distrought at what to do once 1.13 hits.*

-.-;

We're going the way of the old Daoc classes when expansions hit. To hell.

*Sits with hands twiddling and considers cancelling his acc(like most the warriors he know) when Zelda TP comes*

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Kensaki; Nov 27, 2006 at 01:41 AM.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 03:59 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 01:59 AM #1289 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Priest don't really have that much DPS either Griffin. They just can outlast like hell cause of shadow form damage reduction + the life stealing.
They... don't life steal unless you're talking about Vampiric Embrace, which just adds a healing component to their damage spells. And really, the only problem they have with Shadowform is that their spells scale like utter shit. Fixing Mind Flay's mechanics would solve any problems they have in PVE, especially with Vampiric Touch.

Quote:
How do mages get 10% of that, talent isn't it?
http://www.thottbot.com/?sp=11722

I'm... rather surprised that you have a warlock and apparently raid with him yet don't know about this. Are you put on Curse of Recklessness duty on your raid, or are you allowed to DPS fully and put on Curse of Agony/Curse of Doom?

EDIT: Sunder Armor got nerfed? When did THIS happen?

Last edited by The_Griffin; Nov 27, 2006 at 04:01 AM.
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 09:08 AM #1290 of 1941
Maybe blizzard actually responded to that beta forums thread about warriors having a monopoly on the position of tank while all other classes can have their rolls switched. O_o;

How ya doing, buddy?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2006, 07:20 PM Local time: Nov 27, 2006, 05:20 PM #1291 of 1941
Still, if the reports are right, then druids can not only hold aggro better than warriors but do DPS competitive with DPS classes (with one spec, no less), and paladins can just hit RF and Consecrate and do what I'd have trouble doing on my best day with my 27 warrior.

Yeah... warriors need help in BC.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 03:49 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2006, 03:49 PM #1292 of 1941
They... don't life steal unless you're talking about Vampiric Embrace, which just adds a healing component to their damage spells. And really, the only problem they have with Shadowform is that their spells scale like utter shit. Fixing Mind Flay's mechanics would solve any problems they have in PVE, especially with Vampiric Touch.
I was talking more PVP but yeah PVE it kinda sucks to be a shadow priest.

Quote:
http://www.thottbot.com/?sp=11722

I'm... rather surprised that you have a warlock and apparently raid with him yet don't know about this. Are you put on Curse of Recklessness duty on your raid, or are you allowed to DPS fully and put on Curse of Agony/Curse of Doom?
That's cause I am just DPSing I'm a 5/31/16 soul link lock. Even in pvp I barly put down curse of shadows/elements cause to me it's kinda of a waste unless I have my succubus out and etc just cause of the fact that 10% from her + anther 10% + shadow vulnerability = one hell of a DC.

Quote:
EDIT: Sunder Armor got nerfed? When did THIS happen?
Yeah what's going on with this? Just because of the fact that warriors are suppose to TANK BETTER THEN ANY CLASS.

Not only cause of the armor but thier abilities.

Originally Posted by Zio
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:13 PM #1293 of 1941
What? They fucking nerfed Sunder Armor?

I guess that seals it. BE lock will probably be my new main.

I was speaking idiomatically.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 12:27 AM Local time: Nov 28, 2006, 10:27 PM #1294 of 1941
I'm actually not certain about this. I've searched the forums and I can't see anything about a nerf to Sunder Armor... right now I'm starting to suspect it was a misinterpretation.

Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 01:42 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 08:42 AM #1295 of 1941
I'm european so it may have been on european forums. I'll try to find it but the information seemed solid. Sunder Armor does less threat while devastate does the same threat as sunder armor does now. I believe this is to counter the fact you can get sunder armor down to 9 points rage with imp. sunder armor and the rage reducing talent which I don't remember the name of now. Basiacly sunder armor is just to lay down 5 times now fast then use other abilities and then devastate to keep the five intial up.

Another more indirect nerf to sunder armor is the fact that the new rank is just strong enough to make it the same as current sunder armor with the increased armor value on mobs. Basically they are nerfing none prot warriors so that a prot warrior wont be to good in their eyes. The thought of applying sunder armor 5 times for 15 rage with rage norm and less threat is frightening...

Also buff locks:

lollin at the locks whining about dark pact in gchat on picture

To explain: this is improved CoW at 70 -130 damage straight up no percentages or nothing.

I will not even show you the effect of their seed of corruption cause that and this is to insane.

Double Post:
Actually some positive news I may actually have found a raid group for my warrior! *gasp* But this close to TBC... I guess leveling gear is nice though. :P

Other than that TBC as it stands now is probably the biggest dissepoitment I have had in gaming. If I had a caster I probably be more excited but seeing this as melee. It's hard to look positive on it(forums flooded with whines/negative facts about TBC consering classes I like).

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Kensaki; Nov 29, 2006 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 02:08 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 12:08 AM #1296 of 1941
You think that's bad? Try being a cat druid.

I have no clue what the fuck Blizzard is thinking making warlocks so ridiculously strong while other classes fall to the wayside. They ALREADY have a fighting chance against EVERY class in the game, so why are they getting MORE tools to help them?

How ya doing, buddy?
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 03:04 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 03:04 AM #1297 of 1941
Indeed the lock is strong and as much as I love/hate the lock. The lock is really mana dependent. It takes a lot of mana IMO to even kill someone. Maybe it's cause I am soul link but with soul link I can take good hits in PVP.

The lock might be strong but they burn mana like nothing.

Originally Posted by Zio
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 03:08 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 01:08 AM #1298 of 1941
The 'lock is strong, and in TBC, their felguard can solo a same-level warrior.

It would be funny if it weren't true.

Oh, and did I mention that Seed of Corruption is essentially the new form of AOE grinding?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 03:32 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 10:32 AM #1299 of 1941
You have to be goddamn insane not to go affliction/demo in TBC. It is insanely overpowered. All the buffs on dots + the new calculation for spells... I would say that affliction with dark pact is the most mana efficent damage I have seen from a lock. And yes of course you will use much more mana as a demo lock, Its the trade off for the survivability.

Also the felguard can solo a stupid warrior. A smart warrior disarms it then two shots it. I have a vid of that lying around. Ofc to do this twice while warlock is pounding on you is well...

Zio in TBC warlocks go from being superb in 1v1 to being superb in 1v2. Seduce one fear other lay seed of corruption on both and dot up with dots and run the other way. if they are close to each other and dont have a way of removing it healing themselves/try to run after you they die. Seen this seed of corruption been used to kill 7 same lvl mobs at the same time. The end aoe killed them as all was hit for 1000+ to 2500 crit from each others SoC. Its more potent if used right than mages AoE can hope to be.

Last edited by Kensaki; Nov 29, 2006 at 03:39 AM.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 04:53 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 02:53 AM #1300 of 1941
Still, the fact remains that the felguard can put out enough DPS so that a warrior focusing SOLELY on the warlock, with the warlock just sitting there taking the hits and not doing ANYTHING, cannot win.

Whether that's an indication of how overpowered warlocks are or how underpowered warriors are, I don't know, but there's something goddamn wrong when a pet can take down its opponent before he takes down the pet's master (which itself is a reasonably strong force even without the pet).

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft