Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Video Games Live

Dragon God
Tarantulas FTW

Member 1948

Level 14.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:06 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 01:06 AM #51 of 524
Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico
Thanks! Hope to meet you in Montreal as well. Not really that familar with the Treasure stuff. Got any links that I could listen to for consideration?

Tommy
You can check out some game rips here. Be sure to check out the themes I mentionned in my above post. It would be downright amazing to have some Treasure music performed live.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:07 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 11:07 AM #52 of 524
or here

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Toma
Pu.Li.Ru.La

Member 987

Level 11.46

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 01:49 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 11:49 PM #53 of 524
Originally Posted by eriol
LMAO

and I will make this post more productive in few minutes, hang on while I find some Ikaruga toons.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 03:10 AM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 12:10 AM #54 of 524
Yes, Treasure music would be awesome! Ikaruga is one of my favorite shooter soundtracks. An orchestra would truly do it justice.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 04:23 AM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 02:23 AM #55 of 524
Just wanted to chime in with the others and say that some Treasure music would be well suited for a live orchestral performance. Dragon God had some very good suggestions:

Originally Posted by Dragon God
"Penta", "Ruin", "The Stone-Like(A full choir piece!)" from Radiant Silvergun and "Chapter 1 - Ideal", "Boss 1 ~ Butsutekkai", "Chapter 4 - Reality" from Ikaruga
Specifically, I think Penta and Reality would be particularly rousing, but there's quite a bit of good music to be found.

FELIPE NO
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 07:41 AM #56 of 524
Oh man, hearing Treasure music at this concert would just make my day; particularly from Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga, like the ones above me mentioned.

My personal favorite is actually Chapter 2 - Trial from Ikaruga, and if you do decide to do some Treasure music, I hope you take that into consideration

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Toma
Pu.Li.Ru.La

Member 987

Level 11.46

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 02:59 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 12:59 PM #57 of 524
Sorry, it took me far longer than I thought to get everything I needed together. In this RAR are:

Chapter 1 - Ideal (Ikaruga)
Boss 1 - Butsutekkai (Ikaruga)
Chapter 2 - Trial (Ikaruga)
Chapter 4 - Reality (Ikaruga)
Reminiscence (Radiant Silvergun)

http://rapidshare.de/files/23151284/..._mp3s.rar.html

Sorry, I used to have more tracks, but my external HD that I had them on just fried, so I had to just scrabble together whatever I could

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 03:51 PM Local time: Jun 16, 2006, 01:51 PM #58 of 524
Originally Posted by Dragon God
You can check out some game rips here. Be sure to check out the themes I mentionned in my above post. It would be downright amazing to have some Treasure music performed live.

Cool. Thanks for the link. I'll check them out.

Tommy

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tommy Tallarico

President, Tommy Tallarico Studios, Inc. (www.tallarico.com)
Founder/CEO, Video Games Live (www.videogameslive.com)
Founder/CEO, Game Audio Network Guild [G.A.N.G.] (www.audiogang.org)

Facebook Personal Page
Facebook Video Games Live Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal
YouTube Channel Video Games Live
Kanji
"Well, hello there, sugar tits."

Member 567

Level 16.46

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 09:00 AM Local time: Jun 17, 2006, 08:00 AM #59 of 524
Y HELO THAR, Tommy!

Video Games Live seems like a really cool event, so props to you for organizing something like this. It's also cool to see more of a focus on western composers, because a lot of game music fans (from what I've seen) tend to ignore this nice side of music. I personally haven't checked out too much of your own compositions yet, but I'd like to. Is there anything that you're particularly proud of that you'd suggest for me to listen to?

Also, I have some kind of predicament. Although I'd love to go to the upcoming show in Houston TX, I don't have the ability to drive on my own yet. :z And I'm having trouble convincing the rest of my family that VGL could truly be entertaining to watch. Would you happen to have any suggestions that I could use to strike their interest? They're essentially non-gamers (although one of my siblings plays games, she doesn't do it as much as I do, lawl). Just wondering!

Anyone else can suggest stuff, too.

Even if I can't make it to the show next month, I plan to attend at some point. The Las Vegas show also seems convenient.

EDIT: O, and how dare I forget to support a potential performance of Treasure music? That really would be great. The Ikaruga tracks that Dragon God mentioned are awesome, and it would be very eargasmic to hear them performed live. ;p

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Kanji; Jun 17, 2006 at 09:02 AM.
Joe Wiewel
hard worker

Member 259

Level 18.63

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 07:27 PM Local time: Jun 17, 2006, 07:27 PM #60 of 524
Tommy,

Thanks for coming here and letting everybody at Gamingforce Forums know about Video Games Live. Had you not come here, I wouldn't have known anything about it!

I've been reading about Video Games Live and it sounds like it'll be a blast! So, I'm planning on attending the event in Chicago on August 5th and I'm really looking forward to it!

Have you considered St. Louis as a possible location for another event? I live in west central Illinois and I'm glad to see Chicago on the list. But I can see St. Louis drawing in some people who aren't willing to drive several hours.

And on a side note, I'm disappointed Judgement Day was cancelled. X-Play just doesn't have the pizazz you and Victor had.

Last edited by Joe Wiewel; Jun 17, 2006 at 08:07 PM.
Lolman
Syklis Green

Member 279

Level 8.62

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 07:05 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2006, 03:05 PM #61 of 524
Hi, Tommy.

I really respect what you do for us VGM fans. Have you considered including some Drakengard 2 music in the upcoming concerts? I think it would sound great live.

Secret Squirrel
River Chocobo

Member 89

Level 24.44

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 11:17 AM #62 of 524
I've got my ticket for the Indianpolis showing on August 12; I'll be seated in the first Mezzanine. It looks like it should be an interesting show, with a mixture of Japanese and Western VGM.

If anyone else from here will be there for the same show, we could probably meet up.

Slightly Dark -- updated weekly with rare out-of-print game music.
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 01:51 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2006, 11:51 AM #63 of 524
Originally Posted by Kanji
Y HELO THAR, Tommy!

Video Games Live seems like a really cool event, so props to you for organizing something like this. It's also cool to see more of a focus on western composers, because a lot of game music fans (from what I've seen) tend to ignore this nice side of music. I personally haven't checked out too much of your own compositions yet, but I'd like to. Is there anything that you're particularly proud of that you'd suggest for me to listen to?

Also, I have some kind of predicament. Although I'd love to go to the upcoming show in Houston TX, I don't have the ability to drive on my own yet. :z And I'm having trouble convincing the rest of my family that VGL could truly be entertaining to watch. Would you happen to have any suggestions that I could use to strike their interest? They're essentially non-gamers (although one of my siblings plays games, she doesn't do it as much as I do, lawl). Just wondering!

Anyone else can suggest stuff, too.

Even if I can't make it to the show next month, I plan to attend at some point. The Las Vegas show also seems convenient.

EDIT: O, and how dare I forget to support a potential performance of Treasure music? That really would be great. The Ikaruga tracks that Dragon God mentioned are awesome, and it would be very eargasmic to hear them performed live. ;p

Thanks for the inquiry.

A lot of people really like the Earthworm Jim stuff I did in the past but from strictly a composition standpoint I'm really proud of the Advent Rising Soundtrack. Here are some links with samples and information:

http://www.tallarico.com/index.php?s=adventrising

http://www.tallarico.com/index.php?s=listen

http://www.tallarico.com/index.php?s=albums

As far as your question about Houston and getting others to go...

I can absolutely guarantee that you do NOT have to be into video games to enjoy our show. In fact that is one of the main reasons we designed it the way we did and what makes us so much different than anyone else out there trying to do what we're doing.

Here are a couple of trailers you can show to your freinds and family... notice the wide variety of people who attend our shows... 40 & 50 year old moms, kids, teenagers, girlfriends, etc.

Let me know what they think and I hope to meet you in person in Houston next month!!

Hollywood Bowl Trailer:
Hi-Res: http://videogameslive.com/video/vglpromo2.wmv
Lo-Res: http://videogameslive.com/video/vglpromo2.mov

Trailer for the Symphony non-gaming crowd:
http://www.videogameslive.com/video/vglsymphony1.wmv

San Jose Trailer:
Hi-Res: http://www.videogameslive.com/traile...anjose2006.wmv
Lo-Res: http://www.videogameslive.com/traile...anjose2006.mov

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Joe Wiewel
Tommy,

Thanks for coming here and letting everybody at Gamingforce Forums know about Video Games Live. Had you not come here, I wouldn't have known anything about it!

I've been reading about Video Games Live and it sounds like it'll be a blast! So, I'm planning on attending the event in Chicago on August 5th and I'm really looking forward to it!

Have you considered St. Louis as a possible location for another event? I live in west central Illinois and I'm glad to see Chicago on the list. But I can see St. Louis drawing in some people who aren't willing to drive several hours.

And on a side note, I'm disappointed Judgement Day was cancelled. X-Play just doesn't have the pizazz you and Victor had.

Cool. Thanks! Hope to meet you in Chicago on August 5th! Make sure to sign up to our mailing list on the front page of www.videogameslive.com so you can get special info and offers like coming down to view our rehearsals on the day of the show.

We were looking at St. Louis but we probably won't be there in 2006. Possibly next year though. We intend on bringing the show everywhere in the world!

Actually, Judgment Day wasn't canceled. Our three year contract with G4 was up and we decided to move it to a bigger and better network. They still air Electric Playground on G4. Both of our shows are syndicated worldwide and we own all the rights... so we are still doing Judgment Day... it's just not currently airing in the US. But it is still running all throughout the world as it's REAL name (for the past 10 years) Reviews on the Run.

Here's the 100th episode with the ROTR graphics (this also aired on G4 as JD):
http://www.tallarico.com/files/video/tvshows/JD100.mp4

We'll be making a big annoucement about our next season of ROTR/JD airing in the US soon.

Thanks for the questions and interest.

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Lolman
Hi, Tommy.

I really respect what you do for us VGM fans. Have you considered including some Drakengard 2 music in the upcoming concerts? I think it would sound great live.
Thanks!

I'm not familar with Drakengard 2. Link?

T.T.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel
I've got my ticket for the Indianpolis showing on August 12; I'll be seated in the first Mezzanine. It looks like it should be an interesting show, with a mixture of Japanese and Western VGM.

If anyone else from here will be there for the same show, we could probably meet up.

Cool! Looking forward to hopefully meeting you in person. We'll be having a meet-up at Jillian's the night before so make sure to sign up for our mailing list to get all the details.

Thanks. Looking forward to putting on a great show for ya!

Tommy

FELIPE NO
Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal

Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; Jun 18, 2006 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Toma
Pu.Li.Ru.La

Member 987

Level 11.46

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2006, 02:52 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2006, 12:52 PM #64 of 524
Link to review of Drakengard 2 OST with samples:

http://rpgfan.com/soundtracks/drag-on-2/index.html

Except for the totally cheesy ending theme, I can't recommend this soundtrack enough. It would be absolutely thrilling to hear some of this music live.

Most amazing jew boots
Free.User
See You, Space Cowboy

Member 62

Level 32.80

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2006, 02:31 AM Local time: Jun 24, 2006, 11:31 PM #65 of 524
Hey Tommy, was the Vancouver performance ever recorded onto CD or DVD? If so, are there any plans to sell copies? I'd love to have one. Also, I heard your interview on VGDJ. Quite a bit of luck you had getting that music job! I also again want to give you props for being so involved with the community.

Mario Kart DS: 498293-921939____
Star Fox Command: 155-576-696-451____
Metroid Prime Hunters: 4854-1233-4943____
Final Fantasy III: 506891214495____
Xfire: freuser____
Steam: Free.User
____
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Jun 25, 2006, 09:46 AM Local time: Jun 25, 2006, 07:46 AM #66 of 524
Originally Posted by Toma
Link to review of Drakengard 2 OST with samples:

http://rpgfan.com/soundtracks/drag-on-2/index.html

Except for the totally cheesy ending theme, I can't recommend this soundtrack enough. It would be absolutely thrilling to hear some of this music live.

Cool. Thanks for the link! I'll check it out.

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Free.User
Hey Tommy, was the Vancouver performance ever recorded onto CD or DVD? If so, are there any plans to sell copies? I'd love to have one. Also, I heard your interview on VGDJ. Quite a bit of luck you had getting that music job! I also again want to give you props for being so involved with the community.

We are working on a DVD & CD. Hopefully will be out by the end of the year.

Tommy

Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal

Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; Jun 25, 2006 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 09:48 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 07:48 PM #67 of 524
FYI...

Hope to meet some of you in Houston this week!

Tommy

================================================== ======

Video Games Live™ Announces Festival Activities For First Ever Video Game Concert in Houston

Events to Include Costume Contest, Playable Demos, Guitar Hero™ II Competition, Spectacular Prizes and Industry Meet & Greet with Top Composers & Designers

Record Setting 132+ Musicians To Perform On Stage

Houston – July 11, 2006 – Renowned video game composers, Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall, announced the pre- and post-show festival events planned for the July 14th Houston, TX performance of Video Games Live™ presented by the Houston Symphony Orchestra. Created and produced by Tallarico and Wall’s production company, Mystical Stone Entertainment LLC, Video Games Live™ features music from the most popular video games performed by top orchestras and choirs around the world, combining exclusive video footage and music arrangements, synchronized lighting, solo performers, electronic percussionists and unique interactive segments to create an explosive one-of-a-kind entertainment experience.

This special performance taking place at the renowned Jones Hall on Friday, July 14th will be the first time video game music has been performed in Houston and will consist of over 132+ musicians making it the largest on-stage video game performance in history. To commemorate the event, Video Games Live™ is pulling out all the stops and opening the doors early to present a pre-show festival from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. which is FREE to all ticket holders. Tickets ($21 - $66) are on sale now at the Houston Symphony website: http://www.houstonsymphony.org/ticke...?id=1027&src=t, or by calling (713) 224-7575. Group sales of 10 or more: (713) 238-1435.

The pre-show festival will include a competition sponsored by RedOctane featuring the yet to be released Guitar Hero™ II. Other playable games on site (presented by Game Crazy) consist of top selling hits from the Nintendo GameCube™, Sony PlayStation® 2, Microsoft XBOX® & 360™ which include Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Halo, Dance Dance Revolution, Burnout Revenge, Dead or Alive 4 & Fight Night. Other pre-show festivities include a costume contest where audience members will come dressed as their favorite video game characters to compete for a THX approved 5.1 speaker system from Logitech. Finalists will be judged on stage by the audience.

Other prizes throughout the evening include a $2,500 Ferrari laptop courtesy of AMD which will be given away on stage during the Interactive Symphony segment, starring one of the most beloved classic arcade games of all time, Frogger, celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. Two audience members will compete for 90 seconds while the orchestra plays along, changing the musical score on-the-fly depending on what the contestants are doing on screen. This unique interaction with a live symphony has only ever been attempted and performed at Video Games Live™.

The audience will also be treated to a special solo performance by pianist Lee Ann Leung who will be premiering her special Final Fantasy® piano arrangement at this concert, performing over ten Final Fantasy® favorites.

The post-show meet-and-greet where fans can interact with renowned game composers and designers will consist of industry luminaries who have worked on projects such as Halo, Warcraft, God of War, Myst, Splinter Cell, Metroid Prime, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, EverQuest II, Earthworm Jim, Unreal, Guitar Hero, Baldur's Gate, Quake, Doom, Brothers In Arms, Counter-Strike, Half-Life and many more!

And speaking of industry luminaries, Video Games Live™ will be giving away a piece of video game history. A unique autographed program with over 30 of the most famous video game designers and composers will be given away to one lucky winner by filling out an entry card at the costume contest booth during the show. Names include creators Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid), Yuji Naka (Sonic the Hedgehog), Nolan Bushnell (Pong, Atari), Toby Gard (Lara Croft, Tomb Raider), Bill Roper (Warcraft), celebrity Elijah Wood and MANY MORE!

Video Games Live features music and exclusive synchronized video from popular franchises such as: Mario™, Zelda®, Halo®, Metal Gear Solid®, Warcraft®, Myst®, Final Fantasy®, Castlevania®, Kingdom Hearts, Medal of Honor™, Sonic™, Tron, God of War™, Tomb Raider®, Advent Rising, Headhunter, Beyond Good & Evil™, Splinter Cell®, Ghost Recon™, Rainbow Six®, EverQuest® II and a special retro Classic Arcade Medley featuring over 20+ games from Pong® to Donkey Kong® including such classics as Dragon's Lair, Tetris, Frogger, Gauntlet, Space Invaders & Outrun!

Other locations currently on sale include: Chicago, Indianapolis, Toronto & Los Angeles (Hollywood Bowl). A complete list of tour dates can be found at: http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=home

About Video Games Live™ (www.videogameslive.com)
Created by two industry leading video game composers Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall, Video Games Live™ (produced under their company Mystical Stone Entertainment, LLC) is the front runner in the field of live game music performance. Video Games Live™ is an immersive concert event celebration featuring music from the biggest video games of all time. The debut performance launched on July 6th, 2005 at the world famous Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles with the LA Philharmonic with over 11,000 people in attendance making it the largest video game concert in the world.

About the Houston Symphony (http://www.houstonsymphony.org)
Founded in 1913, the Houston Symphony is one of America's oldest performing arts organizations, with a rich history of musical excellence. The Houston Symphony fills each busy season with more than 170 concerts attended by an estimated 350,000 people each year. The Mission of the Houston Symphony is to foster excellence and innovation in the performance and presentation of great music; to enrich the lives of our diverse citizenry; to educate current and future audiences and to bring distinction to our community through the orchestra's international presence and standing.

###

Most amazing jew boots
Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal
Darkelf
used to be XenoMorph

Member 1510

Level 10.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 10:41 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 04:41 AM #68 of 524
Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico

We are working on a DVD & CD. Hopefully will be out by the end of the year.

Tommy

That's great !!! Being a fan of orchestrated melodies this is music to my ears (pun intended). Us poor Europeans don't have the luxury to go to these concerts in the States so I'm awaiting the release with anticipation.

Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 08:25 PM Local time: Jul 17, 2006, 05:25 PM #69 of 524
I already have my tickets (going with some friends) and I'm taking the whole day off of work on Sept. 21 for the LA show.

Since I am a moderator on these forums, I'll have to meet with you then, as a representive of Gamingforce.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 01:37 AM Local time: Jul 18, 2006, 10:37 PM #70 of 524
My friends and I are planning on going to the LA one, hopefully there will still be tickets by the time we order them, they're pretty expensive...

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 05:03 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2006, 03:03 PM #71 of 524
Originally Posted by Darkelf
That's great !!! Being a fan of orchestrated melodies this is music to my ears (pun intended). Us poor Europeans don't have the luxury to go to these concerts in the States so I'm awaiting the release with anticipation.

We're coming to Europe! In fact we should be there this fall.

Where are you located? By your avatar it looks like Belgium?

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G
I already have my tickets (going with some friends) and I'm taking the whole day off of work on Sept. 21 for the LA show.

Since I am a moderator on these forums, I'll have to meet with you then, as a representive of Gamingforce.

Yo! Absolutely!!

I'll hook you up with our pre & post show VIP party too!

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Kairi Li
My friends and I are planning on going to the LA one, hopefully there will still be tickets by the time we order them, they're pretty expensive...

Expensive?? Maybe you got us confused with the "other" concert?

:biggrin:

Our tickets (as always) are the least expensive around. It has always been our goal to keep ALL ticket prices as reasonable as possible because we want as many people to go as possible. We make no money on tickets! We set the prices according to the budget, venue, orchestra, production, marketing & unions for each city to cover our costs.

The Hollywood Bowl show you're referring to starts at $3 per ticket!! The most expensive seat in the house is $65 which is 1/3 the price of every other concert this year at the Hollywood Bowl!!

Because we are the actual video game industry putting on these shows... we aren't interested in making money or charging $125+ per tickets or charging people extra to meet composers. We have a complete pre-show festival in which we GIVE AWAY thousands of dollars in prizes (including a $2,500 AMD Ferrari Laptop), game competitions, costume contests, playable game demos before they are released, etc. After the show the meet & greet is open to EVERYONE who bought a ticket... whether you paid $3 or $55. We also include all of the video game DESIGNERS as well and have had such people as Hideo Kojima, Yuji Naka, Nolan Bushnell, Halo team, Warcraft team, EverQuest II team, etc., etc...

Here's the ticket link for the Hollywood Bowl show: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0B...1&minorcatid=1

Thanks! Hope to see ya there!

Tommy

================================================== ================================

If anyone is interested, here's some info on our Houston Symphony show that we just posted over at our website.

Next up... Chicago next weekend during Wizard World beforing heading to Indianapolis for two shows during Gen Con!

VIDEO GAMES LIVE™ SELLS OUT HOUSTON!

Thousands Attempt To Get Tickets To No Avail – Next Stop CHICAGO!

Video Games Live™, the world’s first and most successful video game concert series continued its run of sold out shows last week by selling out Jones Hall in Houston, TX with the prestigious Houston Symphony & Choir. Over 132+ musicians took part in the biggest on-stage performance of video game music ever. The show sold out 5 days in advance and thousands of people had to be turned away prior to the event including nearly 1,000 people on the day of the show. “I’ve never seen the excitement level and crowd like this here before!” stated one proud mom who was taking a group of neighborhood kids to experience a symphony for the first time. One audience member was quoted in the newspaper the next day saying… “I’ve been to a few different game concerts now but nothing compares to what these guys are pulling off. Wow! I still can’t believe what I saw.”

The doors opened 2 hours early for the incredible pre-show festival which included a costume contest (all entrants appeared on stage), prize give-a-ways, Guitar Hero II competition and over 20 playable games for the PlayStation 2, XBOX, XBOX 360 & GameCube including such franchises as Halo, Super Smash Bros., Kingdom Hearts, Medal of Honor, Sonic, Zelda, Tekken & Dead Or Alive, all courtesy of Game Crazy & Hollywood Video. Yet another $2,500 AMD Ferrari laptop was given away on stage to the winner of the Frogger competition in which 2 people were picked to compete in Frogger while the orchestra played the music in real-time and changed the score on-the-fly depending on the action on screen. Other valuable prizes including CD & DVD gift packs, concert tickets, movie passes, gift certificates and more (provided by the Houston Symphony, Hollywood Video & Game Crazy) were given away during the Space Invaders contest in which someone from the audience was picked to come on stage to try and clear the first level of Space Invaders against the clock. But here’s the twist! The player on stage controlled the ship by running back and forth underneath the video screen all while the orchestra played and changed to the action!

Following the incredible standing ovation performance, the packed post-show lobby held the game designers and composers meet & greet which as always was open “free of charge” to all attendees. The meet & greet included industry legends who had worked on such projects as Halo, Warcraft, Metroid Prime, Myst, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, EverQuest II, Earthworm Jim, Unreal, Balder’s Gate, Quake, Doom, Brothers in Arms, Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Splinter Cell & God of War just to name a few.

Lee Ann Leung (sister of Video Game Pianist Martin Leung) debuted her rendition of a 10 song solo piano arrangement from Final Fantasy to a standing ovation from the sold out crowd. “I was in tears after her performance” stated one audience member, “In fact there were a couple of places during the concert where I cried. I’m just so speechless right now.” Advent Rising vocal soloist Laurie Robinson was also on hand to perform with the 60 member Houston Symphony Choir.

Thank-you to our amazing sponsors and supporters which included AMD, Game Crazy, Hollywood Video, Logitech, International Game Developers Association (IGDA), Texas Independent Game Conference and all of the old and new fans and friends of video game music who came out to support the art and culture of the entire video game industry. And finally, a special thanks to the wonderful Houston Symphony and Choir who helped so much in making the event such a huge success. We look forward to returning next year!

You can view the first round of pictures from the event here: http://www.videogameslive.com/gallery/album17

Comments & reviews from Houston:

“The show was absolutely every inch incredible, this is no doubt untoppable and I am so very grateful that I was able to attend.”

“I was at the VGL session that just happened in Houston last week. It was beyond words! I loved it. I have not shut up about it all weekend long. My friends are probably sick of hearing me. Very rarely do I get goosebumps from seeing something that intense, but I had them all night long.”

“It was truly one of the best things I'd ever witnessed. A 130 member orchestra and choir performing video game music, synched-up perfectly with edited game footage. Incredible!”

“At the end, conductor Jack Wall dropped his conducting wand and went ballistic and jumped off his platform to signal the end of the last note. The crowd, and I, jumped to our feet and screamed and applauded as loud as we could. The show was over... and holy hell, I already missed it.”

“It was one of the greatest events I've ever attended, and certainly made my whole summer, if not year.”

“This deserves over 5 stars! How they synch EVERYTHING with the video is utterly amazing!!”

“My sister-in-law's family are season patrons of the Houston Symphony and they told me the VGL audience response was the best they have ever seen for any event.”

“You guys deserve another standing ovation for what you have been able to accomplish with VGL. You were able to create a unique experience that no one in that concert hall (young or old) will ever forget.”

“I just wanted to write you to say that it was a great honor to have you all in Texas. The night couldn't have been more perfect, and the enthusiasm shown by the whole VGL crew was incredible.”

“The Houston Symphony received what must have been their longest and loudest standing ovation EVER!”

“As we were leaving, my mother said to me, "I'm so glad you dragged me along to this." Before, she didn't realize what video games music meant, thought it was just beeps to the action. The concert showed her that video games are an art form in many different ways, with music being the most unique. For me, it was a moment where I could hold my head high and say, "I am a video gamer." I left that concert hall with a new sense of what is put into the video games I play. I traveled with my family about 200 miles to see a 3 hour concert... and I didn't regret one millisecond of it. If a VGL concert is within traveling distance for you, you must see it. This is one of the most entertaining events I've ever witnessed. Thank you Video Games Live!”

Story & behind the scenes video from Advanced Media Network: http://360.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=7786

Upcoming Shows

Chicago, IL
Saturday, August 5th, 2006
Rosemont Theatre
Presented by Wizard World
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04...minorcatid=105
(2nd largest comic book convention in the world!)

Indianapolis, IN - [2 nights!]
Friday, August 11, 2006
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Hilbert Circle Theatre
Presented by Gen Con & the Indianapolis Symphony
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
http://www.indianapolissymphony.org/...eid=1132&src=t
(Biggest table gaming event and first video game concert in Indiana!)

Toronto, ONT - CANADA
Friday, September 1, 2006
Massey Hall
Presented by Fan Expo
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/10...&minorcatid=52
(First video game concert in Ontario!)

Los Angeles, CA
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Hollywood Bowl
Presented by the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0B...1&minorcatid=1
(The biggest video game concert in the world!)

Tour dates, locations, venues, events and times can always be found here:
http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=dates

FELIPE NO
Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal

Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; Jul 29, 2006 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Godai
the best damn thing

Member 811

Level 20.71

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:24 PM #72 of 524

:eyebrow:

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:10 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2006, 09:10 PM #73 of 524
Originally Posted by eriol33
I havent had chance to listen any of your arrangement. Do you have samples?
Lots of people have posted illegal videos on YouTube.com

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...=search_videos

Everyone would probably enjoy this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVHGy...20games%20live

It's our Classic Arcade Medley. It really shows off the video & lighting synchronization which no other video game concert does. All of our segments have constant and complete video & lighting synchronization like this.

Warning: The audio on all of these sound like crap. It sounds a LOT better in person.

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Godai

:eyebrow:

Ah yes! The ad for the very first video game soundtrack ever released worldwide.

hehehehehehehee

The ad was a supposed to be cheesy spoof on 90210 (which was hot at the time).

Gotta love those ripped jeans and baby mullet!!

:biggrin:

T.T.

================================================== ===========================

For anyone interested... Here's a press release that just came out today about our Chicago show this weekend.

VIDEO GAMES LIVE ™ AND WIZARD WORLD PREPARE FOR AN INCREDIBLE CHICAGO PERFORMANCE

Pre-Show Festival Events to Include Costume Contest, Guitar Hero™ II and Space Invaders™ Competitions, Spectacular Prizes, and Industry Meet-and-Greet with Top Composers and Designers

Legendary Game Designers Eugene Jarvis, Ed Boon, and John Tobias Added to Star Studded Line-Up, Including Halo® Composers Marty O’Donnell and Mike Salvatori

LOS ANGELES – August 1, 2006 – Renowned video game composers Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall are preparing for what will be a one-of-a-kind Video Games Live performance. Video Games Live™ features music from the most popular video games performed by top orchestras and choirs around the world, combining exclusive video footage and music arrangements, synchronized lighting, solo performers, electronic percussionists, and unique interactive segments to create an explosive one-of-a-kind entertainment experience. The show will take place on Saturday evening August 5th at 8pm and is being presented by Wizard World as part of their 10th Anniversary celebration in Chicago. Wizard World Conventions serve as the foremost authority on everything pop-culture, showcasing the best in comic books, anime, toys, video games, collectibles, and entertainment. Wizard World Chicago 2006 will be looking to top last years attendance record of over 65,000.

This special performance is taking place at the renowned Rosemont Theatre, located directly across the street from the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center where Wizard World will be held from August 3 – 6. Video Games Live is once again opening the doors early to present a pre-show festival from 7:00pm – 8:00pm which is FREE to all ticket holders. Promoted by Live Nation, tickets ($35 - $55) are on sale now at all Ticketmaster locations or online: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04...minorcatid=105

The pre-show festival will include a competition sponsored by RedOctane featuring the yet to be released Guitar Hero™ II. A classic arcade game competition will also be held on the newly released Video Games Live Classic Arcade cabinet courtesy of DreamAuthentics. Competitions will also be held at the Video Games Live booth during the Wizard World Convention (Booth #646). Other pre-show festivities include a costume contest where audience members will come dressed as their favorite video game characters to compete for speaker systems from Logitech. Finalists will be judged on stage by the audience.

Other prizes throughout the evening include a $2,500 Ferrari laptop courtesy of AMD which will be given away on stage during the Interactive Symphony segment, starring one of the most beloved classic arcade games of all time, Frogger, celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. Two audience members will compete for 90 seconds while the orchestra plays along, changing the musical score on-the-fly depending on what the contestants are doing on screen. This unique interaction with a live symphony has only ever been attempted and performed at Video Games Live.

The audience will also be treated to a special solo performance by pianist Lee Ann Leung who will be performing her special Final Fantasy® piano arrangement consisting of over ten Final Fantasy® favorites. The post-show meet-and-greet where fans can interact with renowned game composers and designers will consist of industry luminaries who have worked on projects such as Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, Dance Dance Revolution, God of War, Myst, Riven, Splinter Cell, Metroid Prime, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Madden Football, Earthworm Jim, Unreal, The Sims, Zoo Tycoon, Blitz Football, and many more! Also featured in the meet-and-greet will be legendary game designer Eugene Jarvis who created and worked on such classics as Defender, Robotron, NARC, Cruis’n USA, and Smash TV. Also joining him will be industry superstars Ed Boon & John Tobias known for their creation of the Mortal Kombat series.

And speaking of industry luminaries, Video Games Live will be giving away a piece of video game history. A unique autographed program with over 30 of the most famous video game designers and composers will be given away to one lucky winner by filling out an entry card at the costume contest booth during the show. Names include creators Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid), Yuji Naka (Sonic the Hedgehog), Nolan Bushnell (Pong, Atari), Toby Gard (Lara Croft, Tomb Raider), Bill Roper (Warcraft), celebrity Elijah Wood and MANY MORE!

Video Games Live features music and exclusive synchronized video from popular franchises such as: Mario™, Zelda®, Halo®, Metal Gear Solid®, Warcraft®, Myst®, Final Fantasy®, Castlevania®, Kingdom Hearts, Medal of Honor™, Sonic™, Tron, God of War™, Tomb Raider®, Advent Rising, Headhunter, Beyond Good & Evil™, Splinter Cell®, Ghost Recon™, Rainbow Six®, EverQuest® II and a special retro Classic Arcade Medley featuring over 20 games from Pong® to Donkey Kong® including such classics as Dragon's Lair, Tetris, Frogger, Gauntlet, Duck Hunt, Rastan, Space Invaders, and Outrun!

Other locations currently on sale include: Indianapolis, Toronto, and the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles. A complete list of tour dates and locations can be found at: http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=dates

About Video Games Live™ (www.videogameslive.com)
Created by two industry leading video game composers Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall, Video Games Live (produced under their company Mystical Stone Entertainment, LLC) is the front runner in the field of live game music performance. Video Games Live is an immersive concert event celebration featuring music from the biggest video games of all time. The debut performance launched on July 6th, 2005 at the world famous Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles with the LA Philharmonic with over 11,000 people in attendance making it the largest video game concert in the world.

###

Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal

Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; Aug 1, 2006 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:47 PM #74 of 524
Is there a date for VGL Boston?

el jacko
nobody knows

Member 838

Level 18.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 12:05 AM Local time: Aug 2, 2006, 02:05 PM #75 of 524
My apologies if this has been asked already.

Just out of curiosity, excluding licensing rights, what makes you determine what game soundtracks are chosen to be performed in concert? For example, you perform music from Beyond Good & Evil, a choice that I applaud you for but cannot understand (considering the flop the game was). There are many other games that are more popular and have great music (such as Metroid Prime, a game you mention in your press release but choose not to play in concert). How do you decide what music to perform in concert (ignoring licensing issues)?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Video Games Live