Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Attention] Forum Rules

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 10:12 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 08:12 PM #1 of 100
Originally Posted by SunkistTheHedge
Does anyone know who sings the vocals for these songs ?

Skyscraper Sequence
Sling Shot
I Can Do It
Palm Rock Valley
According to http://www.bannister.org/ubb/ultimat...;f=23;t=001004, the English singer of Skyscraper Sequence, Sling Shot, and I Can Do It is Dennis St. James, and the Japanese singer is Takenobu Mitsuyoshi. That page doesn't say anything about the singer of Palm Rock Valley, but I'd assume it'd have the same vocalist.

Originally Posted by orion_mk3
I ran across a copy of "Space Ace" for the Sega CD at the local thrift store, and I was wondering if it has Redbook tracks that might be rippable. I remember that there used to be a list of Redbook discs around GFF, but the crash has scoured it from the earth, yea, as if it never was.
Google has a cache for the Red Book list, but it's from 2004.

mrman1 maintained that list, so you could contact him and see if he saved a copy.

Most amazing jew boots
Undertale (PC, 2015)
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 04:59 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 02:59 PM #2 of 100
Originally Posted by Dragon God
Is this really happening or is it just another cruel April 1st gag ? I can't find anything relevant to it.
The entry says "delete" now, so I assume it was a gag, whatever it was.

Most amazing jew boots
Undertale (PC, 2015)
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 06:37 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 04:37 PM #3 of 100
Originally Posted by Rimo
I seek help for identifying some tracks (from which games they are from). They are all from a rip of an old PSX demo disc I downloaded long ago, but I can't seem to be able to find info about it. According to the tags, it was released in 1995 and is called "PSX Demo Disc 1". Out of them all, the only track I believe I heard elsewhere is "Track 8", but still, I can't put my finger on which game it is, and it's beginning to drive me crazy! So, any help is welcome and thanks!

Here's a download link for the rip: http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...Q0H67IDXWZSXTK
Tracks 5 and 6 are from Rage Racer; they're tracks 2 and 14 respectively from the Red Book audio (the rip starts at 1). Don't know any of the other ones, but they're NOT from RR, so they're probably from other games on the demo disc.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2007, 02:29 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2007, 12:29 AM #4 of 100
Yeah, Kimura didn't do anything on X1-5.

X6 is tracks 1-25 on the last disc, so I'm thinking that wherever you've gotten the information from (tags or an album info page somewhere) just gave Kimura credit for the entire disc (ugh).

Since the tracks are from X3-5, they should be credited to the composers for those games. From http://www.gamingforce.com/audio/gfa-albums.php?id=256:

X3: Minakuchi Engineering Staff, Toshihiko Horiyama, Syusaku Uchiyama, Yoshino Aoki & Makoto Tomozawa
X4: Toshihiko Horiyama
X5: Naoto Tanaka, Naoya Kamisaka & Takuya Miyawaki

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:31 AM Local time: Jul 19, 2007, 08:31 AM #5 of 100
It does, actually. It lists Matt Furniss for "Music + sound FX". And I can't imagine the Sega Master System got a completely new score (although I don't know the game).
It is likely that the tunes of one are arrangements of the tunes in another (although it is of course possible that they are different), but just because Furniss did the soundtrack to the SMS version doesn't mean that he did the SNES soundtrack.

In fact, I will give an example: Cool Spot's SMS soundtrack was done by Furniss, but the SNES one was by Tommy Tallarico, Joey Kuras, and Steven S. Henifin.

Also, if MobyGames has some game credits like that but doesn't list the composer, it probably is the case that the game did not list the composer in the credits. Which means that you might be out of luck.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Undertale (PC, 2015)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [Attention] Forum Rules