Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Attention] Forum Rules

Trench
The Raven

Member 2985

Level 17.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2007, 12:32 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2007, 10:32 PM #1 of 100
Mega Man X music artists

I have the Mega Man X 1-6 collection.... and in a couple cases, the actual artist is a bit of a mystery to me.

Akemi Kimura is credited for doing the openings / endings to all the songs on the final disc..... is this possibly correct? Akemi's name doesn't even show up on the soundtracks until Mega Man X6. How could she have done the opening theme for X4?

The only thing I can think of is that they arranged it by artist credit, but it just doesn't seem to make much sense even that way. I don't see Akemi's name until X6.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Trench
The Raven

Member 2985

Level 17.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2007, 02:32 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2007, 12:32 AM #2 of 100
Thanks for reassuring me.

I downloaded it from gamemp3s. They haven't released the mix torrent for 'R' yet so it might be worth notifying them about the incorrect tagging, just so future downloaders don't have to change it.

By the way, neat place you directed me to, literally didn't know it existed. May play with this for a while.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Trench
The Raven

Member 2985

Level 17.51

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 11:20 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 09:20 PM #3 of 100
I know this is a site for game music but a number of people here share anime music and are knowledgeable about it......

I am going to tag the 3 Cowboy Bebop OSTs and I am wondering how many of the songs I should credit "The Seatbelts" for in the artist field of the tag. As far as I know, Yoko Kanno composed all three discs, but didn't The Seatbelts play the music?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Trench
The Raven

Member 2985

Level 17.51

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 06:34 PM Local time: May 10, 2007, 04:34 PM #4 of 100
Maybe this needs a bump after the downtime? I'd like to tag the MP3s...... they're horrible as they are right now. =/ If this is the wrong place to request this, sorry, but I don't know where to find this information.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Trench
The Raven

Member 2985

Level 17.51

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 04:06 PM Local time: May 11, 2007, 02:06 PM #5 of 100
there are also many tracks featuring non-Seatbelts musicians or only select members of the band.
Hmm, and I don't know which of those tracks are which. =/

Okay, I guess I'll just go with Yoko. Thanks, this has been bugging me for a while, I asked like the day before GFA.com went down.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [Attention] Forum Rules