Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Attention] Forum Rules

Rimo
Rise Above It

Member 186

Level 31.23

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:56 PM #1 of 100
I request help for identifying 4 tracks from the PS2 game "Urban Reign". They are the only ones that interested me in the rip and that I kept, but they don't have track names.

The composers (Rio Hamamoto, Junichi Nakatsuru, Katsuro Tajima, Akitaka Toyama, Yoshihito Yano) are part of the Namco Sound Team and worked on several recent series projects including Ace Combat, Ridge Racer, Tekken, Soul calibur and Katamari.

Here is a link to download them, if anyone can help: http://s62.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...S251BDBCRD1KX7

Thanks!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rimo
Rise Above It

Member 186

Level 31.23

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 11:49 AM #2 of 100
Neil Baldwin is credited for Audio, so I guess he composed the music for this game. I know he did at least another soundtrack, for Machine Hunter.

Most amazing jew boots
Rimo
Rise Above It

Member 186

Level 31.23

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 01:39 PM #3 of 100
I don't know, but if you search for "Uncharted Waters Online" and "Yoko Kanno", here's two pages that seems to confirm your guess:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted_Waters
http://gvo.odorudaisousasen.com/2006..._this_mean.php

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rimo
Rise Above It

Member 186

Level 31.23

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 05:44 PM #4 of 100
I seek help for identifying some tracks (from which games they are from). They are all from a rip of an old PSX demo disc I downloaded long ago, but I can't seem to be able to find info about it. According to the tags, it was released in 1995 and is called "PSX Demo Disc 1". Out of them all, the only track I believe I heard elsewhere is "Track 8", but still, I can't put my finger on which game it is, and it's beginning to drive me crazy! So, any help is welcome and thanks!

Here's a download link for the rip: http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...Q0H67IDXWZSXTK

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rimo
Rise Above It

Member 186

Level 31.23

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 08:00 PM #5 of 100
Oh nice! Thanks a lot, CHz! With this, I've been able to find out the disc is in fact "Jampack Vol.1" (1997). I've also been able to replace where I heard Track 8 -> from the game "Lifeforce Tenka". But I'm still uncertain about the rest... here are the games featured on the disc:

The unknown tracks are probably from these:

NBA Shootout '97 (probably not)
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo (probably not)
Dynasty Warriors
Thunder Truck Rally
Rally Cross

The first three tracks might be from this one, but I only remember the main theme:

Pitfall 3D

I verified these and the tracks aren't from them:

Machine Hunter
The Lost World
MDK
Herc's Adventure

And the two we've identified so far:

Rage Racer
Lifeforce Tenka

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rimo
Rise Above It

Member 186

Level 31.23

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2007, 03:57 PM #6 of 100
Please help me identify this!
VGM-wise, this is part of the "International Karate" theme, composed by Rob Hubbard for the C64 game. However, the original composition is not his; it was actually composed by Ryuichi Sakamoto, as the theme for the movie "Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence".

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Rimo
Rise Above It

Member 186

Level 31.23

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:31 PM #7 of 100
In the video of the Visa Röster a capella version, the melody from the sample you posted is sang by the blond girl with the red dress, starting at 1:07. The original game version is actually not identical to the theme by Sakamoto; it uses some motifs and is arranged differently, and at the ~4:00, it switches to a more rapid section.

If you want to check out the original C64 version, here's a link to it: http://sid.oth4.com/series/01/mp3/Ro...arate_6581.mp3

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [Attention] Forum Rules