Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 200 Voting/WEEK 201 Nominating

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2010, 12:05 AM 1 #1 of 27
Song of the Week - WEEK 200 Voting/WEEK 201 Nominating

SOTW TURNS 200!
Gaze upon our works, ye mighty, and despair!!

Week 200 Voting is closed tighter than a medieval chastity belt.
Week 201 Nominating is so closed it's almost open.

Results:
1). [22] Darius Premium Box -Rebirth- - VISIONNERZ
2). [15] World of Goo Soundtrack - Red Carpet Extend-o-matic
3). [14] Jet Moto 3 (Game Rip) - Khumbu Ice Falls
4). [8] Futari no FantaVision Original Soundtrack - expositor [advanced] ~ single replay
5). [7] Yu-Suzuki produce Power Drift - Side Street
6). [6/5] Cu-On-Pa SFC (Game Rip) - Alien Planet
7). [6/3.5] Sonic Shuffle (Game Rip) - With go V-Train
8). [0] All Sounds of Burai - Peace

SotW, This Is Your Life:
It's been a long road getting here; what better time than Week 200 to remember some of the speed bumps and potholes along the way:

Week 50 (March 7 2006) - Coincidentally the first SotW after the 2006 crash, and the beginning of a brave new era. No more separate threads for nominating and voting. Expansion to other internet nerdsites. Mo0 made the voting threads instead of me, threads that pushed SotW tardiness to levels we've only now reached again.

Week 100 (July 17 2007) - More changes. Music streams now, even though the [mp3] tags make it sound like ass 47% of the time. I've taken over thread management, introducing the concept of commemorating SotW anniversaries with big letters and blatantly homosexual colors. CHz seized control of the SotW apparatus in a bold coup and started rewarding winners with big gold letters.

Week 150 (November 4 2008) - SotW has taken on its recognizable modern form. The current crew is more or less assembled, but there are still oddities. The spoiler tags telling newbz how to vote are still a dream. Voting at STC lingers on like a festering appendix, ready for amputation.

Through it all, one astonishing fact emerges: despite all the tardy threads and two week voting periods and BSC hiatuses, we've managed to do roughly 50 SotW's a year, the bare minimum to be worthy of the name. Happy 200, everybody!

Tracks:
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: All Sounds of Burai - Peace
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Cu-On-Pa SFC (Game Rip) - Alien Planet
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Darius Premium Box -Rebirth- - VISIONNERZ
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Futari no FantaVision Original Soundtrack - expositor [advanced] ~ single replay
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Jet Moto 3 (Game Rip) - Khumbu Ice Falls
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Sonic Shuffle (Game Rip) - With go V-Train
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: World of Goo Soundtrack - Red Carpet Extend-o-matic
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Yu-Suzuki produce Power Drift - Side Street

Voting Rules:
Voters must distribute 6 points among the 8 nominees, giving points to at least 3 songs, giving no song more than 3 points, and giving no more than one of their choices 3 points. Possible ways of voting include:
Spoiler:
"Traditional"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.

"Even Stevens"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 2 pts.

"Tough Decision"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Nomination Bias"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Indecisive"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.

"Shotgun Spread"
Song1 - 1 pt.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.
Song6 - 1 pt.

Notes:
Please remember to upload your nominations to the SotW server! Uploaded noms mean a faster, smoother SotW experience for everyone. Server information:
Spoiler:
* Host: ftp.sotw.info
* Username: nominations@sotw.info (that is the actual username; not an e-mail address)
* Password: gff
* Port: 21

Week 201 Nominating:
The Nominations Queue can be found here.
The rules for nominating can be found here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2010, 03:42 AM Local time: Feb 9, 2010, 12:42 AM #2 of 27
Again, 200 weeks? Really? Man, I tell you what.

Visionnerz is pretty much everything I could hope for in Week 200 so I'm satisfied.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2010, 04:02 AM Local time: Feb 9, 2010, 07:02 PM #3 of 27
This calls for a celebratory prop!

Also, cake!

Also, nom!

Nomination #33

Composer: a2c
Album: Million KNights Vermilion Original Soundtrack
Track Title: Cheerful Party
Track Number: 11
Year: 2008
Catalog Number: MJCD-0009
Additional Information: Extending the celebrations into week 202/3!

Throwing a party in the FTP, too.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Feb 10, 2010, 03:08 PM Local time: Feb 10, 2010, 12:08 PM #4 of 27
WOWZERS. I guess I'm pretty good at spawning some long running niches (MFF included). Operating them and participating need not apply. However, I cannot deny new game music, so SotW hasn't completely escaped my attention.

CHz, orion, and everyone else, thanks for keeping up the great work. Preparing a week of SotW voting seems like a full time job to me. I don't know how you can keep at it all the time, but you have my full respect. =}

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Stalky
I think not.

Member 24973

Level 10.75

Sep 2007

Old Feb 11, 2010, 08:32 PM Local time: Feb 12, 2010, 02:32 AM #5 of 27
Another great week.
2 Points: Futari no FantaVision Original Soundtrack - expositor [advanced] ~ single replay
2 Points: World of Goo Soundtrack - Red Carpet Extend-o-matic
1 Point: Jet Moto 3 (Game Rip) - Khumbu Ice Falls
1 Point: Yu-Suzuki produce Power Drift - Side Street

I was speaking idiomatically.
Ed Bellis
LOL!

Member 22923

Level 20.21

Jun 2007

Old Feb 11, 2010, 09:14 PM #6 of 27
Pretty solid week.

2 points: Alien Planet
2 points: expositor [advanced] ~ single replay
2 points: Red Carpet Extend-o-matic

Honorable mentions to... almost every other song. Sheesh.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:17 PM #7 of 27
The honest truth is I'm playing less videogames and listening to less VGM now than I did when Song of the Week started. I can say without hesitation that SotW is my best lifeline to new videogame music, and every week it brings welcome additions into my collection. Thanks to everybody for keeping up the good work. It wouldn't be the same without this.

(3 points) Jet Moto 3 (Game Rip) - Khumbu Ice Falls: Not a runaway winner, but I do like the electronic churning; the synthier interlude is by far my favorite part.

(2 points) World of Goo Soundtrack - Red Carpet Extend-o-matic: Great game, and the music was an underrate gem too. I love the industrial opening segueing into a more techno-ish beat. It manages not to sound cliched.

(1 point) Yu-Suzuki produce Power Drift - Side Street: What a racing game should sound like.

As for the rest: Alien Planet just missed out on a point; it has elements of Star-Stealing Girl in it. Peace is not too bad. A little too much sedate jazz with single replay for me. Some elements of V-Train please me, and others (the Rez-like synths near the opener) don't. Sorry VISSIONERZ, no breathy vocals for me.

FELIPE NO
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2010, 07:40 PM Local time: Feb 13, 2010, 04:40 PM #8 of 27
I guess since it's week 200 I'll throw out full comments. Also because this week isn't too shabby, I suppose.

All Sounds of Burai - Peace
Pretty slick, and far from what I was expecting. Short, but not too short to get its business done with a little flair.

Cu-On-Pa SFC (Game Rip) - Alien Planet
I'm still unsure whether Ken Kojima actually knows how to write music, or if he's just some insane man that T&E Soft hired off the street one day to fill a sudden staff vacancy. Cu-On-Pa is his magnum opus in a career somehow comprised solely of magnum opuses: a bizarre combination of looping textures and meandering melodies that last twice as long as they deserve to. I can't really express a single reason that I should like this soundtrack, and yet I do, a lot. It fascinates me. Alien Planet fascinates me. I love the wonderful urgent build into... absolutely nothing at all.

Darius Premium Box -Rebirth- - VISIONNERZ
There is nothing I can say.

Futari no FantaVision Original Soundtrack - expositor [advanced] ~ single replay
Reminds me that I have a Futari no FantaVision track that I've been meaning to nominate for forever. I ought to relisten to the soundtrack to see if I've changed my mind. expositor has a pretty sweet groove. Nothing much else of note besides the groove, but as I mentioned, that groove is pretty sweet.

Jet Moto 3 (Game Rip) - Khumbu Ice Falls
Pretty solid RACING GAME MUSIC. I didn't really think any part of it was spectacular, but it's definitely put together well. I was grooving the heck along with it.

Sonic Shuffle (Game Rip) - With go V-Train
I have no idea what the Sacnoth sound team was on when they cranked out Sonic Shuffle, but damned if it didn't help them produce one of the best Sonic soundtracks, easily. Absolutely criminal that no one talks about its music. With go V-Train is a superb choice, one of my favorites, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a sucker for 7/4. Love the mad beats.

World of Goo Soundtrack - Red Carpet Extend-o-matic
The Red Carpet is such a silly stage. Heaven knows why the full version of this piece doesn't play in that level, because it's silly enough to go with it. Although I do like the intro more than the main portion of the track anyway.

Yu-Suzuki produce Power Drift - Side Street
Hiro is one of my favorite VGM composers of all time. He defined for me the early SEGA arcade sound, to which other composers like Koichi Namiki and Tohru Nakabayashi contributed admirably, but never to the same extent. Power Drift is one of Hiro's works that's overshadowed by behemoths like After Burner and Outrun, and rightfully so, but it's no less a fun, enjoyable soundtrack as any of his others. I have a soft spot for Like the Wind in particular. This arrangement doesn't stray too far from the original Side Street, which never caught my ear as much as other tunes from the game, but the extended solo section is very nice.

I am completely unsatisfied with this point distribution, but every other one is somehow even worse.

3 points: Darius Premium Box -Rebirth- - VISIONNERZ
2 points: Sonic Shuffle (Game Rip) - With go V-Train
1 point: Cu-On-Pa SFC (Game Rip) - Alien Planet
4th: Futari no FantaVision Original Soundtrack - expositor [advanced] ~ single replay
5th: Yu-Suzuki produce Power Drift - Side Street
6th: All Sounds of Burai - Peace
7th: Jet Moto 3 (Game Rip) - Khumbu Ice Falls
8th: World of Goo Soundtrack - Red Carpet Extend-o-matic

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Djinova
Why didn't he just...

Member 2441

Level 23.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2010, 09:19 PM #9 of 27
Ehh, I can remember Kaleb had the idea with Sotw after a BSC. Considering Week 50 was march 2006, I think Week 1 started at least 1 year before that, so that makes it 5 years for 200 weeks, so it's roughly 40 weeks a year not 50.

What else is there to say WTF is Visionerz doing 2 Points here? I guess I like Futari no FantaVision Original Soundtrack - expositor [advanced] ~ single replay
Jet Moto 3 (Game Rip) - Khumbu Ice Falls both 1 point techno upbeat this week. The 2 catchiest track Points goes Side to Street.

Three sentence for one rule? This could go with something like "You are allowed to give ONE track up to 3 points" would handle it fine. Butcher know I like to butcha my rules.

Cheers. Haha, fail.

Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2010, 09:50 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2010, 03:50 AM #10 of 27
With go V-Train

What is this? I didn't know there was any decent Sonic music post Saturn. I'm trying to put my finger on the odd sound of this. Reading Chz's post, I guess it comes down to the 7/4 beat, which I have no understanding of whatsoever. I even searched youtube for a video demonstrating just what 7/4 means, but only found some tutorial by a Jake Busey looking guy, except nerdy, and with smaller teeth. The only thing all this illustrated was my propensity to be distracted. Oh right, the track. I like the old school sounding melody they snuck in amongst all the weird, but I wish they'd done more with it. [1]

Khumbu Ice Falls

I'm torn. There were parts that were really good. Yeah I'm talking about that dainty, lifting melody that surfaces twice, briefly. It's fine that it's so shy to show itself, tantalising us in that way. But the rest of the track needs to be a lot more interesting if it's to string me along waiting for it to peak again. It's not. It's just plain and dumb techno. I also hoped more from those airy vocals at the beginning. But no. Nothing. This track promised more than it delivered, but what I like, I like enough to give 2 points. [2]

VISIONNERZ

VISIONNERZ is like something from a different, alien culture. And I'm not talking about Japan. The whole song is the telling of a story we can't possibly understand, because the medium is Futuristic Alien Space Opera. We may not understand, but we can feel it's speaking to us, sharing this culture's hidden history by the changing of mood to mood. Now calm, now frenzy. Each the portrayal of some different event along a timeline. And the entire, grand scale of everything, is that we're always hurtling to a massive cataclysm of some sort, whatever attempts the narrator makes at delay ultimately, inevitably, proving futile. This isn't mere music. It's drama. [1,000,000]

Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2010, 10:25 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2010, 01:25 PM #11 of 27
All Sounds of Burai - Peace is enjoyable enough, but fairly nondescript. Sounds like typical chiptune "relax scene" muzak with a few brighter arpeggios thrown in at certain intervals. Yeah, this is average, and the tracks from here on will be judged with this as a basis (consider this a 0 on the scale, - being worse, + being better).

The choral vocals add a nice retro touch and tone to Cu-On-Pa SFC (Game Rip) - Alien Planet, and while the expected "foreboding" atmosphere isn't created, what we get is a just as pleasant upbeat and occasionally funky romp. Somewhat in + territory here.

Darius Premium Box -Rebirth- - VISIONNERZ is definitely an interesting track. It's experimental enough to warrant further listens, even if I wasn't grabbed by it the first time. The operatic vocals are particularly nice and exalt the eerily chilling quality of the music. Very tentatively in the +!

Soichi Terada <3 (please come back for Ape Escape 4 if it eventuates)[/sub][/sub] The downtempo chill of Terada's FantaVision works always makes for a nice listen, and Futari no FantaVision Original Soundtrack - expositor [advanced] ~ single replay is absolutely no exception. The wobbly background synth isn't my favourite, but the track overall is too cool to dislike. + for sure.

Jet Moto 3 (Game Rip) - Khumbu Ice Falls certainly takes you on a wild musical journey. I like most things about this piece, from the twists and turns in tempo and arrangement to the adventure--isolation tone contrast...though one thing sticks out as being a big flaw for me. The relative absence of melody. Sure it's an entertaining track, but I can't remember anything about it now that it's finished. I'll keep it for the sake of it, but I would've killed for something a bit more memorable. Slightly in the -.

Sonic Shuffle (Game Rip) - With go V-Train is...nah, not my cup of tea. It comes across as a bit awkward and jumbled with no real sense of direction or purpose. Though I'm sure I'm just being way too subjective. - kind of stuff, sorry.

To me World of Goo Soundtrack - Red Carpet Extend-o-matic is simultaneously the wackiest and most epic piece on the World of Goo soundtrack, and that reason alone makes it worthy of at least a SotW appearance. A funny albeit stirring melody pulsates through with some amusing albeit strangely appropriate operatic vocals punctuating the melody. And yes the clap bookends are fantastic, and do so without being silly! [to me this track fits as a celebration of SotW and an epic foresight into grand things to come] Strongly in biase----err, +++ territory.

Yu-Suzuki produce Power Drift - Side Street has a drum sample which surprisingly got on my nerves after the 4 minute runtime, though apart from that it's a pretty OK song. Nothing to note in particular (well maybe the hilarious guitar solo(s)), nor anything to criticise too harshly. Smack bang 0.

three cheers for the POINT

3 points: World of Goo Soundtrack - Red Carpet Extend-o-matic
2 points: Futari no FantaVision Original Soundtrack - expositor [advanced] ~ single replay
4th: Darius Premium Box -Rebirth- - VISIONNERZ
5th: All Sounds of Burai - Peace
6th: Yu-Suzuki produce Power Drift - Side Street
7th: Jet Moto 3 (Game Rip) - Khumbu Ice Falls
8th: Sonic Shuffle (Game Rip) - With go V-Train

4 +; 2 0; 2 -. Good quality balance!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2010, 01:12 AM Local time: Feb 14, 2010, 07:12 AM #12 of 27
I have a nomination.

Game <artist> - [tracknumber] title
Shotgun Ninja <goto80> - [01] minipitt

Here's the game

And here's the mp3

Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:00 AM Local time: Feb 14, 2010, 05:00 PM #13 of 27
3 points: Darius Premium Box -Rebirth- - VISIONNERZ
2 points: Jet Moto 3 (Game Rip) - Khumbu Ice Falls

And the mean streak continues.

Thanks to all involved in keeping SotW going. Here's to another 5 years!

Rimo
Rise Above It

Member 186

Level 31.23

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:31 AM #14 of 27
Happy 200th!

Huge thanks to Kaleb, CHz, orion, and all others who contributed and stuck around so far. My wish is for those lesser known gems to continue being revealed under the SotW spotlight for long times to come. Cheers!

All Sounds of Burai - Peace
A fine jazzy chiptune, albeit a tad short for expansive development. Still catchy while it lasts, the smooth vibe is welcome.

Cu-On-Pa SFC (Game Rip) - Alien Planet
Nice sample quality for the SNES. While the repetitive rhythm can become grating after some time, the ethereal lead synths are soothing. Good, but could have been better with more direction in the development.

Darius Premium Box -Rebirth- - VISIONNERZ
This is a classic! Quite strange and unsettling at first, but this transforms into a charm for those who can appreciate it. I miss the old Zuntata lineup...

Futari no FantaVision Original Soundtrack - expositor [advanced] ~ single replay
I can hear the similarities with Ape Escape. The jazzy flavor is well received, ideal for upbeat but not disturbing background music.

Jet Moto 3 (Game Rip) - Khumbu Ice Falls
The intensity carries me through the piece. I like the palette of glacial electronic sounds. Better experience when not listening too attentively, especially while doing cardio training, because of the lack of elaborate melodies.

Sonic Shuffle (Game Rip) - With go V-Train
The slight chaotic feel of the track puts me off a bit. Good job percussion-wise. Not bad, but leaves me somewhat indifferent.

World of Goo Soundtrack - Red Carpet Extend-o-matic
Very cheesy, but luckily, it falls under my tastes! The positive energy emanating from it is uplifting. While production-wise it's nothing spectacular, I guess the mood won me over.

Yu-Suzuki produce Power Drift - Side Street
A standard from the rocky/jazzy Japanese repertoire, it has a great execution with a tight sound and catchy melodic hooks. I can never say no to a guitar solo and this one is cool, especially with the exchanges with the synth. I've heard this type of music many times before, Hiro is no stranger, yet I still favor lesser obscurity in trade for more quality.

(2 points) Darius Premium Box -Rebirth- - VISIONNERZ
(2 points) Jet Moto 3 (Game Rip) - Khumbu Ice Falls
(1 point) World of Goo Soundtrack - Red Carpet Extend-o-matic
(1 point) Yu-Suzuki produce Power Drift - Side Street

Nomination:

Album: Winter Gold (Game Rip)
Track Title: Medals
Composer: Jeroen Tel
Year: 1996
Comment: For the Olympics. Go Canada, go!

isdapi
Forged in the Pain

Member 1534

Level 20.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2010, 12:13 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2010, 07:13 PM #15 of 27
Good selection for the bicentenary week, not bad at all.

<<3 Points>> Darius Premium Box -Rebirth- - VISIONNERZ
<<2 Points>> Jet Moto 3 (Game Rip) - Khumbu Ice Falls
<<1 Point>> Yu-Suzuki produce Power Drift - Side Street

Nomination
  • Album: Lagrange Point
  • Artist: Konami Kukeiha Club
  • Track Title: Broken Replicaizer
  • Track Number: 4
  • Disc Number: 1 (of 1)
  • Catalogue Number: KICA-1028
  • Year: 1991

... LONG LIVE TO SOTW!

FELIPE NO
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2010, 02:41 PM #16 of 27
All Sounds of Burai - Peace Decent Genesis/Sonic style chiptune. Doesn't have much of a hook, though.

Cu-On-Pa SFC (Game Rip) - Alien Planet Has a really interesting spacey texture that makes it more enjoyable than it otherwise should be.

Darius Premium Box -Rebirth- - VISIONNERZ Everyone has been either ranting or raving about this one so far this week. I guess I fall somewhere in between; some parts (especially the ones with vocals) really clicked while others felt like not a whole lot was happening.

Futari no FantaVision Original Soundtrack - expositor [advanced] ~ single replay Mellow elevator ("mellowvator") muzak, with only a few jazzy flashes to recommend it.

Jet Moto 3 (Game Rip) - Khumbu Ice Falls Like a more traditional version of Visionnerz, with the same pluses and minuses.

Sonic Shuffle (Game Rip) - With go V-Train A bit blasé, but has some nice moments before the loop.

World of Goo Soundtrack - Red Carpet Extend-o-matic Really strange transition from the intro to the meat of the song, but once it gets going it's a lot of fun.

Yu-Suzuki produce Power Drift - Side Street Okay synthy rock with a few neat touches.

The Point Spread
Red Carpet Extend-o-matic - 3 pts.
Alien Planet - 1 pt.
Visionnerz - 1 pt.
Side Street - 1 pt.

Most amazing jew boots
ZiggyGo
Mountain Chocobo

Member 29067

Level 26.11

Mar 2008

Old Feb 14, 2010, 04:34 PM #17 of 27

VISIONNERZ

VISIONNERZ is like something from a different, alien culture. And I'm not talking about Japan. The whole song is the telling of a story we can't possibly understand, because the medium is Futuristic Alien Space Opera. We may not understand, but we can feel it's speaking to us, sharing this culture's hidden history by the changing of mood to mood. Now calm, now frenzy. Each the portrayal of some different event along a timeline. And the entire, grand scale of everything, is that we're always hurtling to a massive cataclysm of some sort, whatever attempts the narrator makes at delay ultimately, inevitably, proving futile. This isn't mere music. It's drama. [1,000,000]
Hahaha. This comment made me smile. Points distribution coming soon.

EDIT:

3 points: VISIONNERZ
2 points: Red Carpet Extend-o-matic
1 point: Khumbu Ice Falls

Ceft
Shadow Master

Member 17770

Level 23.80

Jan 2007

Old Feb 14, 2010, 06:00 PM #18 of 27
Album Title: Sonic Riders Shooting Star Story Original Soundtrack "Zero Gravity Tracks"
Artist: Fumie Kumatani
Disc Number: 1 (of 1)
Track Number: 21 (of 23)
Track Title: Blast Town
Catalog Number: WM-0587
Year: 2008
Source: WM-0587 | Sonic Riders Shooting Star Story Original Soundtrack "Zero... - VGMdb

I was gonna nominate Sealed Ground instead, but I think this will fare better with this crowd. o.o

Stalky
I think not.

Member 24973

Level 10.75

Sep 2007

Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:52 AM Local time: Feb 15, 2010, 03:52 PM #19 of 27
Seriously, is Visionnerz causing all of you to nostalgia-gasm or why would you rate it like that? Of all eight tracks Visionnerz was the only one that did not survive my first voting phase, it sounds so dissonant that it's almost an achievement.

Nomination:
Album Title: The Void Original Soundtrack
Artist: Vasiliy <Mushroomer> Kashnikov
Disc Number: 4 of 4
Track Number: 9
Track Title: The Surface [Remastered]
Year: 2009
Source: vgmdb

How ya doing, buddy?
ZiggyGo
Mountain Chocobo

Member 29067

Level 26.11

Mar 2008

Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:14 PM #20 of 27
The reason I rated it the way I did, and nominated it, is because I like the music. I have never played any of the games and have only listened to the music. My musical tastes are strange and "off the beaten path" at times, hence my disclaimer when I nominated it. I cannot speak for the others who rate it so highly.

Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Feb 15, 2010, 01:53 PM Local time: Feb 15, 2010, 08:53 PM #21 of 27
Nomination:

Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2010, 03:11 PM #22 of 27
Happy Valentine's Day!

(oh yeah and happy 200 week or something)

3 points: With Go V-train
2 points: VISIONNERZ
1 point: expositor [advanced]
Just missed: Red Carpet Extend-o-matic, Peace, Side Street, Khumbu Ice Falls
WTF Ken Kojima, I thought you were cool: Alien Planet

Much like Rayforce's PENETRATION that popped up a while back, I'm really surprised to see VISIONNERZ here; the concept that it's not universally accepted as one of the greatest tunes VGM has to offer baffles me.

(Here's to four more years!)
(holy crap I had NO time to vote yesterday, thanks a lot for still being open)

ZiggyGo
Mountain Chocobo

Member 29067

Level 26.11

Mar 2008

Old Feb 15, 2010, 03:34 PM #23 of 27
And now for something completely different:

Album: Shinsekai Kivandelyan
Artist: Yoshino Aoki
Track Title: Batsu Monster’s Carnival
Track Number: 7
Year: 1996
Sources: ??????????? (Kivandelyan) by Various Artists - Download ??????????? (Kivandelyan) on iTunes
Additional Info: Original Sound Version Blog Archive Is the New World Worth Exploring?: Shinsekai Kivandelyan (Review)

Will upload to FTP.

FELIPE NO
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2010, 06:52 PM Local time: Feb 15, 2010, 03:52 PM #24 of 27
Voting is closed! Next up is battle 25 so feel free to keep those noms rolling in.

1). [22] Darius Premium Box -Rebirth- - VISIONNERZ
2). [15] World of Goo Soundtrack - Red Carpet Extend-o-matic
3). [14] Jet Moto 3 (Game Rip) - Khumbu Ice Falls
4). [8] Futari no FantaVision Original Soundtrack - expositor [advanced] ~ single replay
5). [7] Yu-Suzuki produce Power Drift - Side Street
6). [6/5] Cu-On-Pa SFC (Game Rip) - Alien Planet
7). [6/3.5] Sonic Shuffle (Game Rip) - With go V-Train
8). [0] All Sounds of Burai - Peace

Thanks to all the dudesters who keep or have kept this running over the years (orion, Kaleb, Mo0, TCK, Drakken, _DH_, etc.), everyone who's nominated stuff I've never heard before (and, in cases like this week, awesome stuff I have heard before and always love listening to), and, most importantly, all of you voters for putting up with the total crap music I subject you guys to.

How ya doing, buddy?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2010, 07:14 PM Local time: Feb 16, 2010, 10:14 AM #25 of 27
Firstly, ouch poor "Peace" . "VISIONNERZ" is the winner by a long way this week; I must admit I didn't know of its 'classic' status before this week, but now I most certainly do. Good week!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 200 Voting/WEEK 201 Nominating