Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™
Closed Thread

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2007, 12:41 PM Local time: Jul 31, 2007, 10:41 AM 1 #1 of 201
The Offspring - Americana
Label: Sony
Release: November 17, 1998
Genre: Indie Rock & Punk

Tracklisting:
01 - Welcome 0:09
02 - Have You Ever 3:56
03 - Staring At The Sun 2:13
04 - Pretty Fly For A White Guy 3:08
05 - The Kids Aren't Alright 3:00
06 - Feelings 2:51
07 - She's Got Issues 3:48
08 - Walla Walla 2:57
09 - The End Of The Line 3:00
10 - No Breaks 2:06
11 - Why Don't You Get A Job 2:52
12 - Americana 3:15
13 - Pay The Man 10:18

Total Time: 43:33

Review:
Spoiler:
Review from Amazon.com:

Maybe hanging out with Jello Biafra put the fun-loving spring in Offspring's step. Or perhaps it was just the royalty checks, hot babes, and fast cars. Whatever the case, the band's fourth record, Americana, is its most lively offering to date, replacing angst and rage with energy and sarcasm. The novelty single "Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)" matches infectious riffing and shout-along vocals with fly-girl chants of "Give it to me, baby" and lyrics about wannabe scenesters; and a storming punk-rock version of Morris Albert's "Feelings" sees the band hitting a new level of, er, (in)sensitivity.

Elsewhere, the humor is slightly more subtle; "She's Got Issues" cops a new-wave guitar line from the Cars songbook, "The Kids Aren't Alright" opens like an Iron Maiden anthem, and "Why Don't You Get a Job?" is a blatant reggae-style spoof of the Beatles' "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da." Musically, Americana offers no real revelations, but the songs are a bit craftier and more diverse than the rest of the Offspring oeuvre, veering haphazardly between anthemic punk metal, blistering hardcore, and near-psychedelic experimentation.

--Jon Wiederhorn, Amazon.com

DOWNLOAD (192CBR)

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Dark Nation; Jul 31, 2007 at 08:55 PM.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2007, 01:56 AM Local time: Aug 2, 2007, 11:56 PM #2 of 201
Red Fish - 4 Seasons 4 Loves
Label: Follow Up Belgium
Release: November 5th, 2001
Genre: Downtempo - Vocal/Lounge/Dub

Tracklisting:

1. Red Prelude
2. Winter Skies
3. Like An Angel
4. 4 Seasons 4 Loves
5. Spring
6. Clouds Moved So Slowly
7. Summer (The Way You Kissed Me)
8. Optical Delight
9. Ultimo Amore
10. Night Flight
11. Fall
12. It's Never Too Late
13. Cotton Candy
14. Final Cut
15. Out Of Time

Review:

Spoiler:

Review by Dark Nation:

This album is a Gem and a hard to find Gem at that. While the title track was previously found on a compilation album Rendezvous Lounge, having the band's full American Debut album available is a much better way to judge how they can perform (Because as anyone can tell you, one song does NOT define a person or band's talent, although some have proved to be exceptions) and in this respect, the band performs wonderfully.

4 Seasons 4 Loves is a stroll through the year in mood and expression, in both in the atmosphere of the music, the lyrics and even the song's titles. While 15 tracks is more then enough to covey a change over 4 seasons the mood is always properly conveyed. In a nice twist the band starts off with 'Winter', as opposed to the more conventional thinking that the seasons start with Spring. Winter is around for January to March, so kudos to the band for remembering that small detail. The vocals in the songs are a synth-laced female's voice who, in a different genre or band might come off as tacky or even downright weird, fits perfectly with the landscape-effected sounds found here. The Natural Instrumentation of Piano, Drums and Electronic sounds mesh smoothly, and allows the music to lift itself above being background music and instead transforms into a canvas of emotion and reflection.

The tempo and mood of the songs are accurately reflected in the seasons, with winter sounding more 'cold', Spring having a 'wet' and slightly playful tone, Summer giving off the sense of a warm night spent dancing or caressing with a lover, Fall being reflective and slightly melancholy, but picking up with the feeling of a cool fall day's walk through the falling leaves, and ending with a melding mesh of the seasons.

A highly recommended listen for those who are looking for an album to sit back and relax to. Personal Favorite Tracks include "4 Seasons 4 Loves", "Optical Delight" and "Fall", but all the songs on here are good. The only minor complaint is the male raspy voice, but he only appears in two tracks.

Enjoy 4 Seasons 4 Loves, because it cost me 10 bucks!

DOWNLOAD (160CBR, 76MBs)

Most amazing jew boots
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2007, 10:43 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2007, 08:43 PM #3 of 201
Thumbs up

Talib Kweli - Eardrum
Label: Blacksmith Records
Release: August 21, 2007
Genre: Hip-Hop

Tracklisting
  • 1. "Everything Man" (Featuring Res (additional vocals), Sonia Sanchez (intro) )
  • 2. "NY Weather Report"
  • 3. "Hostile Gospel Pt. 1 (Deliver Us)"
  • 4. "Say Something" (Featuring Jean Grae)
  • 5. "Country Cousins" (Featuring UGK, Raheem Devaughn)
  • 6. "Holy Moly"
  • 7. "Eat to Live"
  • 8. "In the Mood" (Featuring Kanye West, Roy Ayers)
  • 9. "Soon the New Day" (Featuring Norah Jones)
  • 10. "Give 'Em Hell" (Featuring Coi Mattison, Lyfe Jennings)
  • 11. "More or Less" (Featuring Dion)
  • 12. "Stay Around"
  • 13. "Hot Thing" (Featuring will.i.am)
  • 14. "Space Fruit (Interlude)" (Sa-Ra)
  • 15. "The Perfect Beat" (Featuring KRS-One)
  • 16. "Oh My Stars" (Featuring Musiq Soulchild)
  • 17. "Listen!!!"
  • 18. "Go With Us" (Featuring Strong Arm Steady)
  • 19. "Hostile Gospel Pt. 2 (Deliver Me)" (Featuring Sizzla)
  • 20. "The Nature" (Bonus Cut featuring Justin Timberlake)
Review:
Average 71/100 on Metacritic.com

DOWNLOAD

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2007, 10:08 PM Local time: Nov 12, 2007, 08:08 PM #4 of 201

Artist: Alabaster & REDALiCE
CD Title: Oto no Ishi - Happy Hardcore Style "Mother" Arrange CD Album
Publisher: ©2005 ALiCE'S EMOTiON
Catalog Number: RACD-001
Price: ¥1,200
Release: 2005 (Japan)

TRACKLIST:

NONSTOP DJ MIX
01. Mother Earth / REDALiCE
02. Twoson / Alabaster
03. My Friends / REDALiCE
04. Snowman / REDALiCE
05. Portal / Alabaster
06. Easter / Alabaster
07. Eight Force / REDALiCE
08. Queen Mary / REDALiCE
09. Alien's Attack / Alabaster
10. HolyLoly Factory / REDALiCE
11. Oto no Ishi / REDALiCE

SEPARATE TRACK
12. Alien's Attack / Alabaster
13. Encounter / Alabaster
14. Oto no Ishi / REDALiCE

>>DOWNLOAD<<

INFORMATION - From Starmen.net
Spoiler:
Oto no Ishi, which in translation means Sound Stone, was formed by REDALiCE and Alabaster. The album jacket design and sprites were done by qzna.

Oto no Ishi is a collection of techno club mix music from Mother. The album is over an hour long of nonstop techno beats. You can check out some short samples from select tracks found down below. This is not an officially licensed album by Shigesato Itoi or Nintendo. However it can still be purchased from Japanese online music stores. It is common for Japanese artists to make remixes and sell them for small profit. However, the artists give credit to the the Mother series and past albums for their work. This album is currently out of print.

REDALiCE and Alabaster have worked on other projects together, which can you can check out at ALiCE'S EMOTiON. This was not meant to be the only album by Oto no Ishi. In their insert and album tag there is mention of a new album on the way once Mother 3 is released. Check out the new album Oto no Ishi 2.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2008, 02:06 PM Local time: May 20, 2008, 12:06 PM 2 #5 of 201
The Brecker Brothers - Heavy Metal BeBop
Label: One Way Records Inc
Audio CD Release: February 15, 1996
Original Release Date: 1978
Format: Live
Genre: Jazz / Rock / Fusion

Tracklisting:

1. East River
2. Inside Out
3. Some Skunk Funk
4. Sponge
5. Funky Sea, Funky Dew
6. Squids

Review:
Spoiler:

Review from Amazon.com:

"This is just an absolute JEWEL. Zappa fans will recognize Terry Bozzio in addition to the Brecker brothers themselves, and MAN, what a combo! Michael Brecker just shreds on every solo, and Randy finds nuances with the "electric trumpet" that have never been heard before or since. Some will want this for the novelty of the electric tenor sax and trumpet, but there are FINE examples of modern BeBop solos here, over a high-powered rhythm section that kicks and jumps all over everything the soloists lay down. This is the kind of rhythm section that can make ANYBODY sound good, but the Brecker brothers talent is unmatched; a combination that presents an order of magnitude.

Bass players NEED to hear Neil Jason, and guitar players NEED to hear Barry Finnerty on this. Blistering tight unison lines will prove once again why Zappa saved his most intricate horn passages for these guys, and why you won't hear them at tempo with anybody else. I sincerely hope for more of this largely unexplored flavor of jazz. I haven't found anything else that quite measures up to this."

DOWNLOAD (160CBR, 48MBs .RAR Archive)

I came across this on the internet a few days ago as I've been on a Jazz binge, and its an absolute rush of melody and sound. Check it out

How ya doing, buddy?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2008, 02:49 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2008, 12:49 PM #6 of 201
Emancipator - Soon It Will Be Cold Enough

Label: Independent / Hydeout Productions
Release: December 16th, 2007
Genre: downtempo / electronic / trip hop
Credits:
Emancipator - Guitars / Keyboards / Samples / Production
Cindy Kao - Violin / Additional Vocals
Thao Nguyen - Vocals on "Soon It Will Be Cold Enough to Build Fires," "When I Go," and "Good Knight."

Notes: This album will be released next year by Hydeout Productions, the japanese indie label (Hydeout.net).

Tracklisting:
  • 1. Eve
  • 2. Soon It Will Be Cold Enough to Build Fires
  • 3. First Snow
  • 4. Wolf Drawn
  • 5. Anthem
  • 6. Smoke Signals
  • 7. When I Go
  • 8. Periscope Up
  • 9. With Rainy Eyes
  • 10. Good Knight
  • 11. Lionheart
  • 12. Maps
  • 13. Father King
  • 14. The Darkest Evening of the Year

Review
Spoiler:
Full Review at MusicTap.net
Quote:
Some albums just feel so good, so cool, you can’t help but feel good while listening to them.

Emancipator’s Soon It Will Be Cold Enough is such an album. Incorporating hints of jazz, electronica, trip-hop and down-tempo into its violins, keys, various samples and the occasional female voice, this 19-year-old college student has put together a release worthier of the attentions of a record label.

The fact that this is funded not by a record label, but by a college student who does this in his spare time, is admirable. Pop onto his site you can even download some remixes (including his mash up remix pairing Sigur Ros with Mobb Deep. Hearing Mobb Deep rap “I’m only 19 but my mind is old” has so much added weight when melded like this). And, to boot, the music is damn cool. Highly recommended.

DOWNLOAD (VBR, 76MBs, .ZIP Archive)

DN Says: I came across this on youtube, and I wouldn't have just bothered with a kid who released his music on myspace, but it really is good chillout music, so I will give it a recommendation.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2008, 06:50 AM Local time: Sep 9, 2008, 04:50 AM #7 of 201
Nujabes - Hydeout Productions 2nd Collection

Label: Hyde-Out Productions
Release: November 11th, 2007
Genre: Hip-Hop, Jazz

Track listing

1. "Voice of Autumn"
2. "Sky Is Falling" (featuring CL Smooth)
3. "Waltz for Life Will Born" (featuring Uyama Hiroto)
4. "Imaginary Folklore" (featuring Clammbon)
5. "Hikari" (featuring Substantial)
6. "Counting Stars"
7. "Another Reflection"
8. "Fly By Night" (featuring Five Deez)
9. "Old Light (Voices from 93 Million Miles Away Remix)" (featuring Pase Rock)
10. "With Rainy Eyes" (featuring Emancipator)
11. "Luv (Sic)(Modal Soul Remix)" (featuring Shing02)
12. "Windspeaks" (featuring Uyama Hiroto)
13. "Winter Lane (Nujabes Remix)" (featuring DSK)
14. "After Hanabi (Listen To My Beats)"

INFO:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Hydeout Productions 2nd Collection is the followup album to 2003's Hydeout Productions 1st Collection.

It is largely produced by Nujabes, with support from features artists CL Smooth, Uyama Hiroto, Clammbon, Substantial, Five Deez, Pase Rock, Emancipator, Shing02, and DSK.

DOWNLOAD (ZIP, 192kbps CBR)

FELIPE NO
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™