Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Disabled NAT, now I can't access router settings to get WEP

Joe Wiewel
hard worker

Member 259

Level 18.63

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 12:56 PM Local time: Jan 12, 2007, 12:56 PM #1 of 4
Angry Disabled NAT, now I can't access router settings to get WEP

I had a login page on my school's website not working for me and the tech support suggested that I disable NAT. So, I disabled NAT, and that page works, but now I can't freaking access my router's settings.

I type in "http://168.192.2.1" in the URL bar in my browser and it tries to load but times out. This is the same IP address I've been using since this router was purchased several months ago.

I tried to reset my router with that small button in the back using a paperclip. Either the button's broke or I wasn't hitting it because the router didn't reset. (All of my forwarded ports are still accepting connections.)

I really need to access the settings because my roommate got a new computer and he needs to be able to access the wireless network. In other words he needs the WEP. >_<

My router is a Belkin Wireless G Plus Router, model #F5D7231-4.

Googling did nothing, so I would greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Joe Wiewel; Jan 12, 2007 at 12:59 PM.
Fleshy Fun-Bridge
Hi there!

Member 907

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 05:00 PM #2 of 4
I hope you mean http://192.168.2.1, because 168.192.2.1 falls in a network range allocated to Sprint.

Also, from my experience many routers require holding the reset button down for five to ten seconds until the lights change on the front in order to perform a factory reset. Where you holding down the reset button long enough?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
---
Joe Wiewel
hard worker

Member 259

Level 18.63

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:02 PM Local time: Jan 12, 2007, 11:02 PM #3 of 4
Yes, that's the address I meant.

Well, the reset button on the router seems to be sort of broken. I can't really find a solid button where there's supposed to be one and I can stick the paperclip in a looonnng ways. I try to hold it when it feels like I'm pressing something, and I hold it for something like 20-30 seconds, but the lights don't blink like the router resets.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
elwitty
Unregistered User

Member 918

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 03:47 AM Local time: Jan 23, 2007, 03:47 AM #4 of 4
Taken from:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/rema...crash+recovery

Quote:
After going through tech support for 2 hrs, finally spoke with a Tech that Knew what he was doing. To Reset BELKIN PRE N BACK hold reset button for 15 SEC, while still holding it, unplug the router, wait 15 sec, plug back in wait 15 sec, done router is reset to FACTORY SETTINGS.
You'll probably need a copy of the firmware, which is most likely in Belkin's website.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by elwitty; Jan 23, 2007 at 03:49 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Disabled NAT, now I can't access router settings to get WEP