Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamecube audio files

Trench
The Raven

Member 2985

Level 17.51

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 06:22 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 04:22 PM #1 of 6
Gamecube audio files

Is there any program that will read a Gamecube audio file and play it back? Or maybe a Winamp plugin?

EDIT: Well, this would be nice to know, even though I just put a Gamecube game in my CD-ROM drive and it won't read it. Anyone know why?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 06:53 PM #2 of 6
The GameCube disc is a mini-DVD pressed in a proprietary manner. Your CD-ROM drive definitely won't read it, nor will any DVD drive.

And you can't just "read" and "play" audio files from any game; usually, a certain amount of extraction and header editing is needed, as well as a player or plugin to support proprietary formats.

Check out www.hcs64.com for a plugin to play streamed GameCube formats. The problem will be getting the audio files..

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Trench
The Raven

Member 2985

Level 17.51

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 07:12 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 05:12 PM #3 of 6
How interesting.

I remember downloading a rip of Soul Calibur II, but the Gamecube version, and in the tag, it said something about the music being ripped directly from the ADX files, or something. How do you think that happened?

It's a shame to hear that I'm not going to be able to put Gamecube discs in my ROM drives. =/

How ya doing, buddy?
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 02:22 AM #4 of 6
It was some serious hardware hacking, e.g. either splicing into the GCN's disc read circuit to use the GCN to copy the disc, or hacking the firmware of a DVD±RW drive to read GCN discs.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 10:00 AM #5 of 6
Both of you are wrong. To get a GameCube ISO in a PC-friendly format, all you need is Phantasy Star Online, a broadband adapter, and some homebrew applications. That will let you stream the entire game disc onto your computer, where you can browse for audio files at will. As I said, if you went to hcs64.com, you would have found out all about the file formats.

Edit: That rip may have actually been mine, and if it was, it's incomplete. Do you remember which FTP you downloaded it from?

How ya doing, buddy?
Trench
The Raven

Member 2985

Level 17.51

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 01:01 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 11:01 PM #6 of 6
Unfortunately, I don't remember who's FTP it was.

I checked the site out. The whole process sounds really complicated. =/

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Gamecube audio files