Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

UK Shits Bed Before US

Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 01:51 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 01:51 PM #26 of 29
Originally Posted by Minion
What planet are you from? Name me a middle class senator.

Sure it's not the "offical" policy, but give me a break.
Chuck Grassley, Pete Domenici, Harry Reid and Robert Byrd all come from less than wealthy backgrounds, if that's what you're asking.

And simply coming from a certain family or being rich doesn't mean you are automatically entitled to a seat somewhere. You still have to be elected to it, even if you're a Kennedy or a member of some other political family. Kathleen Kennedy Townsend found this out when the normally Democratic electorate in Maryland decided not to elect her Governor.

A name can help you, but it doesn't guarantee you a thing.

Most amazing jew boots
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 01:54 PM #27 of 29
I'm just pointing out that Congress is, by and large made up of the ecomonically elite social class. That is hardly what I would call representational.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 02:06 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 02:06 PM #28 of 29
It depends on what it's supposed to be representative of.

And it doesn't change the main idea behind Brady's post, that of democratic processes being protected not by elected representatives but by unelected nobility.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 02:08 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 08:08 PM #29 of 29
Originally Posted by Lord Styphon
IAnd it doesn't change the main idea behind Brady's post, that of democratic processes being protected not by elected representatives but by unelected nobility.
Most of them really aren't the nobility in the way you'd think, though. It's worse than that. Most of them just did something for the sitting government at some time in their lives, and got a favour in return. You get named to the Upper House for all sorts of dumb crap.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > UK Shits Bed Before US