Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Silent Hill movie

SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 09:08 PM #1 of 608
I AM THoroughly disappointed. Bad cast, bad script, clusterfucked plot, it was just fucking vile. It was a shitty horror movie, but it was a golden comedy. I just couldn't take the substandard shit seriously and laughed the whole time. Best part was the scene with the hot, dead, scapel nurses. NO CONTEST.
The only thing I recognized from the game in the movie were the MAPS....

I think Final Fantasy Tactics had a very intricate and involved plot. Plenty of character development, events common to the time, and a gripping storyline. I think it'd be an amazing idea if they made a Final Fantasy Tactics movie and FOLLOW the FUCKING GAME as the script.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."

Last edited by SemperFidelis; Apr 22, 2006 at 09:11 PM.
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 09:33 PM #2 of 608
I only played Silent Hill on the playstation. Remember the random signs and maps on the streets?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 09:41 PM #3 of 608
I trivial detail I eyed in the movie that was actually part of the game, but it doesn't matter much.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 10:03 PM #4 of 608
yeah it's been a while since I played silent hill on the playstation. Probably around 2000. However, it doesn't take away the fact that the movie was sacrilege to silent hill fans.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 10:29 PM #5 of 608
Well, I'm vague on the details, but I remember loving the game. And I'm sorry if you took offense to my comments. I'm doubly sorry if you enjoyed the movie.

How ya doing, buddy?
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 05:02 PM #6 of 608
Return of the scapal nurses or no sequel. That's my only condition.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 05:42 PM #7 of 608
At retrospect and since you guys mention it, I was easily the rudest motherfucker ever. I had too high expectations of the movie. I expected believable acting, a coherent plot, and the kind of fear and anxiety one feels while turning into a dark and ominious corner of the Silent Hill games. The movie failed to deliver on all parts, as the monsters were more humorous then frightening, the dialogue inexcusably bad and therefore hilarious, and it loved detracting from moments where I was just about gaining interested by switching to the scenes with the husband. The husband scenes were necessary, but they could have been placed better in the film. Also, were the gyrating nurses really necessary? Was that really meant to frighten anyone? Was that a joke? Because I definitely interpreted it that way. Big-breasted, undead nurses with short skirts that starts moving when a light is shone and freezes when the light is turned off is NOT SCARY. A dead fucker named Colin with outstanding abilities in postmortem yoga is NOT SCARY. There were too many random elements mashed together and it left a bad aftertaste in my mouth. The movie was basically a message against religious fanaticism fortified by the use of sadistic torture fueled by personal vengeance. What the fuck is that? So yes, hate me, I laughed throughout the entire film while everyone else was quiet and "scared".

FELIPE NO
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 10:50 AM #8 of 608
It doesn't matter I only played the first Silent Hill, that's not the point. I still remember the fun and scary elements of the game that the movie did not have. I'm sure there are people that never played a Silent Hill game that found it good.

Quote:
Seriously your opinion on the matter is laughable at best
I found the substandard shit funny. I went to the movie for a good scare, instead I got a good comedy so I still had my fun. Your opinion that my opinion sucks is too unimportant to be worth considering.

Quote:
common sense, and should be obvious.
If you find it funny, it's common sense and it's obvious that you'll start laughing. If any fucker tried to deny me my privilege to have fun at the movies that day, I would have caved his/her face in.

Yeah, and for once, leave the Marines out of this, but then you can't really do anything else, can you? Carry on.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Silent Hill movie