Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Internship at a commercial law firm.
Closed Thread

SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 01:47 PM #1 of 7
Internship at a commercial law firm.

Okay, so I was able to secure an internship at a commercial law firm. I just learned that I need to spend most of my summer going through indoctrination so I'm ready to go by the time senior year rolls around. It's good stuff, but I have no familiarity in this aspect of law. Can anyone give me an overview on commercial law and how I should prepare myself?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 01:51 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 01:51 PM #2 of 7
Why (and how) did you get an internship at a commercial law firm if you don't know anything about commercial law?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Stealth
Indigo 1

Member 207

Level 22.37

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 01:56 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 12:56 PM #3 of 7
Aren't you planning on beeing a careerist in the military anyway?

How ya doing, buddy?

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 01:57 PM #4 of 7
Originally Posted by SemperFidelis
Can anyone give me an overview on commercial law and how I should prepare myself?
You may want to, you know, learn how to use the internet before you get involved in anything that requires you to know any kind of law.

I would also like to know how you scored this internship. Have you given up on being a Marine finally?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 01:58 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 12:58 PM #5 of 7
I like that he refers to this as indoctrination, and yet he wants to be a marine. This kid just keeps proving what a true idiot he is.

I was speaking idiomatically.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 02:00 PM #6 of 7
My school requires that you get an internship, and it's like 8 credits of your senior year. So if you don't get one, you basically forfeit your high school diploma. I wanted an internship somewhere in law, so I submitted my resume to a bunch of firms, and this is the only firm that was interested. The problem is that I don't know anything about commercial law, and I had nothing on my resume to suggest I had familiarity with the subject. So, this is why I need help.

And no, I haven't gave up on the Marines. I just need to take this internship so I can GRADUATE from high school.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 02:02 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 02:02 PM #7 of 7
So this is essentially a homework help thread. Okay.

Closed.

FELIPE NO
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Internship at a commercial law firm.