Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] Chiptune Net Labels

wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2009, 03:36 PM #1 of 2
Chiptune Net Labels

OK, so. I know lots of folks here listen to the music from the vidya, and there are also those of you who really dig stuff put out by chiptune artists that don't quite qualify as VGM artists. I'm one of those, but I don't know about a whole lot of different netlabels. About all I really know is 8bitpeoples (and I haven't had a chance to peruse their backlog) and || (Pause).

The quality of ||'s releases ranges from very good to spectacular, IMHO. I haven't been disappointed by anything they've put out; hell, Alex Mauer released an "album" in the form of an .nes rom (Vegavox), and it's accompanied by some BRILLIANT music. Other highlights of their catalog include Alex Mauer's soundtrack to a fake arcade game, Lo-Gear, Animal Style's polyphonic Gameboy Madrigals, and Shnabubula's fucking brilliant Controller 1. Most of these albums are released as free downloads, with a few being only for purchase; most of those are available in disc form, as well. They have also released a few video game OSTs.

Anybody else out there have any labels they follow?

Most amazing jew boots
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Aug 5, 2009, 06:38 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2009, 11:38 PM #2 of 2
Does 8bitcollective count?

I don't really follow any labels specifically, but there are a handful of chiptune bands I fucking love. Anamanaguchi's full-length is one of the best things I've heard so far this year. They've got a solid EP up on 8BP, too.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] Chiptune Net Labels