Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Recent Anime/Manga purchases

elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 11:01 PM Local time: May 27, 2006, 11:01 PM #76 of 196
Originally Posted by Lukage
and a Bleach Hitsugaya Wall Scroll
Rah rah Hitsugaya! That's pretty awesome-looking.

I managed to find a wall scroll with all the main characters from the "human world," but it was pretty plain. They were all in their Shinigami outfits, and the background was white. It was a waste of $15, but whatever.

I had also wanted to pick up a Bleach calendar, simply for the awesome art and outfits, but I make it a rule not to spend more than $5 on a calendar, regardless of its level of awesomeness.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 09:09 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 08:09 PM #77 of 196
I finally bought Akira on DVD. I already own it on VHS, but I'm trying to upgrade all the titles that I care about on VHS to DVD. Because no one watches videostapes anymore.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 09:46 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 08:46 PM #78 of 196
Planning to buy these tonight:

Involves a violinist and music stuff. So I must buy. Only 7 volumes for the whole series.

Yeah, another music-related series -- but this one is yaoi. Lots of yaoi that's music-related.

Asami Tojou has really nice artwork, and the series is only 2 volumes. I value series that are short and self-contained, because I don't want to devote a few years to one series (aside from Violinist of Hameln. Absolutely the only thing I collect that's over 20 volumes).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 01:23 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 01:23 AM #79 of 196
Conage stuff = way too much! :x...me being the cheap ass that i am only gets it at a discount :-p but anyway, for what i was going to post. I got, The Notenki Memoirs(Eva stuff) the next 2 vols in FMA book. But on a non anime or related not, i now have all 4 seasons of family guy, first season of american dad and the first 5 seasons of the simpsons and first 4 seasons of 24 on legit dvds now...i have some watching to do!...see yall in a month or so

FELIPE NO
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 12:39 AM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 12:39 AM #80 of 196
I made a small (pricey) raid to my friendly Bestbuy/B&N 259 locations the other day, but i picked up some good shit!
First off all, i got the Escaflowne Box set and the starter for Eureka 7 at Best buy (29.99+39.99+tax(9%)) ~$80 T_T...that finaly got me a legit copy of Esca, and the Box, T-shirt, Manga, DVD, and OST for E7.
Then i went over to B&N and Picked up my finaly copy of Scrapped Princess manga...which kinda depressed me, because it wasn not near as good as the series and had points that they brought up earlyer and could have played more off of, but didnt...but not a waist of time...Anime>Manga in the case...but not bad. (Sorry walking ad for BONES here(loved everything they have put out that i haveseen to date ^^;

o.o;; double posts???...there at one point was a post between here...other wise i wouldnt have posted :x

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by aku; Jun 11, 2006 at 01:49 AM.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 01:42 AM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 12:42 AM #81 of 196
Hit the jackpot in a coastal used book store...
(+ 11 more)
they had the complete series for half off! So...entire thing for about $78. It's 12 volumes, and was one of the first series that I read (in the store) when I started getting into manga. That and it's simply a wonderful story; I wish that they would just up and make the movie based on it. I'm convinced it would be very good.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 12:22 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 09:22 PM #82 of 196
Dramacon (Manga) by Svetlana Chmakova

I read a brief summary about this on Amazon a few months ago and the story was intriguing. After visiting Borders today, I found one copy on the bottom shelf in a corner by accident.

I should note that this particular title isn't created by a Japanese artist. Instead, Chmakova's art resembles shoujo manga without looking as if she tried to imitate the art directly. The main female character still has large eyes and there are still super deformed poses throughout the story though.

I plan to continue reading this one since the story takes place at an anime convention, and the humor is interesting. The comedy involves the main character's lack of knowledge at the con and the drama that she experiences later.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 05:45 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 05:45 PM #83 of 196
/me was bad again :x
Well, today i found that the gamestop near me(houston tx, 1960@249) is selling new anime fore 5-10 a dvd(and box starters are like 12-15) but they where having a special by 3 for 10 of the $5 dvds, so i couldnt resiste...
And i got The last dvd for WHR finaly filling that box up! Sin special edition dvd, and Millinnium Actress because i didnt have enough money to buy any more than 1 set, but they had all of Scryed and Rune Soldier and i think they had all of a few others, and at that price i dont care about the box,
I also picked up the Best of FMA soundtrack the new .hack//infection Novel that follows the game i think, and the FMA profiles book. I have on order at Waldon Samurai Champloo V2 and Evangelion: Angelic Days V1.
on another note none anime but still awsome. i picked up The first 3 dvds of Avatar: The Last Air Bender (walmart $28!) and the first 2 seaons of Futurama for $20 each at walmart as well. Thne at another gamestop i found Malcom in the Middle first season on dvd, and picked that up.
Also i will be picking you Dark Angle from The gamestop i went by today for $45 for both seasons......i have way too much money to be blowing on this stuff. thats why in ill be capping it very very shortly! i think ;p

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hao
Listening to your heart

Member 289

Level 4.12

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2006, 09:17 AM Local time: Jun 23, 2006, 03:17 PM #84 of 196

Shaman King Vol. 32 (French Edition) with free Shitajiki :eyebrow: :
I could rant forever about the final volume of Shaman King, especially about:

- the "ending" that's not an ending..
- the tons of questions that are still open, despite the epilogue chapters.
- the lack of action even though it's mostly fight scenes..
- the lame pieces of plastic that are Shitajikis.

The Shaman King manga could have been one of the greats, maybe, if it was allowed to play it out untill its true ending. Now, it only ends with a whimper, with only a fool's hope that it may see the light again, some day.

Half of what you are taught as medical students within 10 years has been shown to be wrong....
...And the trouble is, none of your teachers knows which half.
S. Burwell, Dean Harvard Medical School
A Year of Training: last updated on December 16
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:30 AM Local time: Jun 23, 2006, 11:30 AM #85 of 196
I just purchased the Fate/Stay Night Part 1 boxset -- www.discountanimedvd.com is having it as a pre-order sale for only $18. It's only in Japanese audio with English subtitles, but I'm so eager to watch it that I decided I'll buy the dubbed edition when it comes out.

Thankfully, I know I can trust Geneon to work with one of the better VA companies, like Ocean.

Most amazing jew boots

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
iamamoogle
Chimera

Member 1516

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2006, 08:37 PM Local time: Jun 23, 2006, 05:37 PM #86 of 196
While Deep Discount DVDs were having their 20% off sale, I was able to pick up the limited editions of Scrapped Princess Vol. 3 and 4... too bad 5 and 6 were out of stock... I watched it all fansubbed.. but I'm slowly getting the DVDs...

I also picked up Rurouni Kenshin Vol. 28... it was really good... a much better ending to the series when compared to the anime's drug-controlled-dogs, bees, Germans, and Zombie-Kenshin.

aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2006, 01:10 AM Local time: Jun 24, 2006, 01:10 AM #87 of 196
Originally Posted by SouthJag
I just purchased the Fate/Stay Night Part 1 boxset -- www.discountanimedvd.com is having it as a pre-order sale for only $18. It's only in Japanese audio with English subtitles, but I'm so eager to watch it that I decided I'll buy the dubbed edition when it comes out.

Thankfully, I know I can trust Geneon to work with one of the better VA companies, like Ocean.
Sorry to tell you, if you didnt already know you just ordered a bootleg dvdset anything that has chinese subs or is 'free' or '0' regoin is 95% of the time going to be bootleg. and i can assure you right there, what you are getting is not Geneons release.

Most amazing jew boots
lemonmanko
yell it very loud!

Member 1971

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2006, 01:44 AM Local time: Jun 24, 2006, 12:44 AM #88 of 196
Quote:
Sorry to tell you, if you didnt already know you just ordered a bootleg dvdset anything that has chinese subs or is 'free' or '0' regoin is 95% of the time going to be bootleg. and i can assure you right there, what you are getting is not Geneons release.
i agree
i would of 2nd guessed in the first place cause it was so cheap

but on to what i bought today

yotsuba vol 1
i thought azumanga daioh was good..this destroys that manga in comedy
its so light hearted for sure i'll be sure to gobble up the rest of the vols when i get cash

Galaxy angel vol 4 and 5

i hate having incomplete series so i had to buy these plus i really want to know what happens at the end

comic party 4 and 5

another incomplete series but this one i really wanted to finish so im really happy to order these online

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2006, 07:58 AM Local time: Jun 24, 2006, 07:58 AM #89 of 196
Originally Posted by aku
Well for one, I know it's bootleg, as it's not even being released by Geneon, but by Anime Cartoon -- a bootleg company. But I've purchased sets from Anime Cartoon before and never had a problem, so I don't suspect I'll have a problem now. If I do, I'd rather be out $18 instead of $40, which is the box's original price (on sale as a pre-order).

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2006, 05:24 PM Local time: Jun 25, 2006, 04:24 PM #90 of 196
I found this GitS novel called Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: The Lost Memory at Barnes & Noble. I had never heard of it, but since I like GitS and it was cheap (only $9), I decided to go ahead and get it. It seems pretty interesting, and it will give me my GitS fix now that 2nd Gig is done airing on Adult Swim.

Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2006, 11:26 PM Local time: Jun 25, 2006, 10:26 PM #91 of 196
I was able to snag I's Volume 8: Magic Charm on the first day of my vacation. It was nice reading it on the beach because the volume itself had a oceanside setting as well.

Pyocola
Dried Goby

Member 2248

Level 17.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2006, 03:31 AM Local time: Jun 26, 2006, 09:31 AM #92 of 196
Well for one, I know it's bootleg, as it's not even being released by Geneon, but by Anime Cartoon -- a bootleg company. But I've purchased sets from Anime Cartoon before and never had a problem, so I don't suspect I'll have a problem now. If I do, I'd rather be out $18 instead of $40, which is the box's original price (on sale as a pre-order).
Don't be a dick, don't buy bootlegs.

Recently bought Kamichu! Vol.1 with the box, a seriously beautiful package. Though some of the pencilboards and the wallscroll included was quite a bit too loli for me so I'll keep that one unopened and stash it away somewhere.

Last edited by Pyocola; Jun 26, 2006 at 03:53 AM.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2006, 11:48 AM Local time: Jun 26, 2006, 11:48 AM #93 of 196
Originally Posted by Pyocola
Don't be a dick, don't buy bootlegs.

Recently bought Kamichu! Vol.1 with the box, a seriously beautiful package. Though some of the pencilboards and the wallscroll included was quite a bit too loli for me so I'll keep that one unopened and stash it away somewhere.
I don't plan on buying Fate/Stay Night as bootleg once it gets an English release. But I can't very well buy a Region 2 DVD to play in my awesome NTSC-only dvd player, either. I'd rather by bootleg than download the damn thing -- at least then I'm paying someone.

Most amazing jew boots

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2006, 11:56 AM Local time: Jun 26, 2006, 11:56 AM #94 of 196
I don't plan on buying Fate/Stay Night as bootleg once it gets an English release. But I can't very well buy a Region 2 DVD to play in my awesome NTSC-only dvd player, either. I'd rather by bootleg than download the damn thing -- at least then I'm paying someone.
Japan is NTSC, its Europe that is PAL ^^ R2 for some reason is split like that...so you could get the R2 if your dvd player played it...

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 08:24 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 08:24 PM #95 of 196
Well, I had a friend ask me for Miyazaki, so I couldn't just settle for giving her a copy of Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. I'm now the proud owner of Howl's Moving Castle (I saw it a few months ago) and Castle in the Sky. While I was at Best Buy, I also snagged the 3rd Hare+Guu DVD to add to my box set (Its full of Chest Hair!).

Last week I FINALLY finished my GitS set by purchasing the tin that has disk 7 and a cute white T-shirt. Now awaiting the release of the last Ah! My Goddess DVD to finish that awesome box set!

FELIPE NO
lemonmanko
yell it very loud!

Member 1971

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2006, 11:28 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 10:28 PM #96 of 196
forgot to update last week i picked up xxxholic vol 4 (godly series and the only clamp series i will finish till the end)

also blame! vol 1 urg.. i didn't like this at all
in fact im selling it for 5bucks (plus s+h of course on amazon lawl)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:35 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 09:35 PM #97 of 196
Picked up the Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Complete Collection tonight. A local store just started selling anime box sets for 20 bucks which other stores usually charge at least 50. Got a great deal.

Most amazing jew boots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gundam 0083 Complete Collection.jpg (31.9 KB, 11 views)
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 02:43 PM Local time: Jul 8, 2006, 02:43 PM #98 of 196
Man, only 2 posts since my last purchase. I better stop. Well, Miyazaki films appear to be lower in price and so I grabbed "My Neighbor Totoro" and "Whisper of the Heart" to make 5 of his films now proudly on my shelves. I also snagged the first volume of the "Love Hina" Manga. Narusegawa is my favorite!

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 03:25 PM #99 of 196
Originally Posted by Synthesis
Picked up the Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Complete Collection tonight. A local store just started selling anime box sets for 20 bucks which other stores usually charge at least 50. Got a great deal.

I need that collection ;_;.. I owned them on vhs (not recorded, the real deal =] ). But i need that boxset.

Also. I purchased Death Note vol 6 and adding a new manga to my collection (which is only Death Note ;p ) ,D.Gray-man vol 1. The second volume comes out August.

Happy Cow
Zansaian

Member 4323

Level 5.19

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 01:14 PM #100 of 196
I went on a rampage and bought the following:

Death Note Vol. 1 - 6
Awesome of course. Can't wait to find out what happens next. Release Vol. 7, quick!

Inuyasha Vol. 19 - 26
Fun, easy read. Miroku and Sango make it all that much better.

Ranma 1/2 Vol. 32
Hilarious, as always! The stories seem to get more bizarre as the series advances, but they're still funny.

Monster Vol. 1 & 2
Oh my God, so wonderful. Poor Tenma. Must have all 18 volumes as soon as possible.

Naruto Vol. 9 & 10
I enjoy reading the manga better than watching the anime, actually.

Some were from Chapters in Ancaster, and the rest were from the Chapters in Toronto. Why Chapters? Because I wanted to put my membership to good use, I guess. I can't calculate how much I spent, but I know I won't be buying anything else for a looooooooooooooong time.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [General Discussion] Recent Anime/Manga purchases