Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Your dirty viewing secrets

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2010, 04:28 PM Local time: May 11, 2010, 10:28 PM #1 of 10
Your dirty viewing secrets

Whilst we all like to pretend that we have impeccable taste when it comes to films and television, I'm sure I'm not alone in having a soft spot for certain programmes and films that would in all normal company be considered rather embarrasing to admit to.

I for example have always loved musicals, ever since being pretty much forced to watch Mary Poppins every Saturday morning as a kid. As such, I really enjoy Glee and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is one of my all time favourite films. On the flip side, I didn't think Wall-E was that good, which seems to pretty much at odds with popular opinion.

So what guilty secrets are you hiding in your DVD closet?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2010, 05:33 PM #2 of 10
I can't fucking stand musicals.

But I really enjoy trashy television like I Love NY and Flavor of Love and all that craptastic VH1 shit. Luckily, I no longer pay for this shit television and am free of its transfixion on my braaaaaain.

I also have in my possession all of Three's Company on DVD. I love, love, love Nick at Nite kind of television. Doby Gillis, the Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, Bewitched.... these were my cartoons as a child. (I never liked cartoons or any children shows)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2010, 07:56 PM #3 of 10
I guess watching and liking Family Guy is a sin to some people, so there's one.

I love Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, if only because the twists and turns leave such a path of devastation it's sometimes hilarious.

Example of one episode:

A woman finds a camera in a toilet in a Internet cafe. She contacts the police.
They show up and bag the guy filming it.
Turns out he's been recording hours and hours of shit. No pun intended.
He pleads out to a lesser charge by giving them video of a 12-year-old boy being raped.
They find the kid and it turns out it's his school's principal. She gets fired.
The principal, it turns out, has a brain tumor that causes a loss in inhibitions.
She accepts a plea that she can't see the boy anymore.
But she violates it to tell him she's pregnant with his child.

Get the Flash Player to play this audio file:

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2010, 09:24 PM Local time: May 11, 2010, 08:24 PM #4 of 10
The Fuckin' OC.

My best friend's wife got me hooked on it one night when i was over and my buddy was "almost done this raid, i swear". I've been working my way through it on DVD ever since. It's taking longer than i want it to, but i will finish it dammit.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nadienne
I don't do too much talking these days.

Member 9

Level 29.15

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2010, 09:37 PM Local time: May 11, 2010, 07:37 PM #5 of 10
The title of this makes it looks like a topic for the Sewers. False advertising!

The only thing I feel slightly guilty about in my DVD drawer is Miss Congeniality.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2010, 09:47 PM Local time: May 11, 2010, 07:47 PM #6 of 10
My DVD collection has a good chunk of blemishes but the one festering sore in that entire collection is Armageddon. The worst part is, I've tried giving it away and NO ONE WILL FUCKING TAKE IT. Every once in a while I'll have a friend who says, "That Bruce Willis joint when they drill for oil on the moon?!?! FUCK YEAH!" and then they'll slyly leave it on the table outside before they leave.

Miserable cockteases, that's what they are.

Most amazing jew boots
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2010, 10:11 PM #7 of 10
I love all three matrix films equally and own the set with the Neo bust. I have the entire Devil-Lady series on dvd. I didn't thank Terminator Salvation was half bad and I own it on bluray. I fucking love Joss Whedon's "Angel" tv series which is a bit surprising even to me since I don't care for Buffy at all (I also own Angel on dvd). I also own Max Payne on dvd but I chalk that up to a special moment in time that comes up everytime I think of it (think good times with a close lady friend that involves lots of drugs).

FELIPE NO
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old May 11, 2010, 10:15 PM Local time: May 11, 2010, 11:45 PM #8 of 10
I keep racking my brain to decide what types of movies or shows that I own that would be considered my dirty viewing secret.

While I'm trying to remember my extensive dvd collection. I can tell you some of the shows I'm guilty of watching that would be considered dirty viewing secrets. Even though I don't own them on dvd or blu-ray.

As people probably know, I've been a big fan of Survivor since season 1. I've tried my best to watch every season, and to this day because of work and other scheduling conflict I've watched 18 seasons of survivor. I've only ever missed two seasons. Yeah I know, that is really pathetic.

I'm also guilty of watching Maury Povich. That is so dis-tatsteful, and I couldn't care less about the paternity test episodes. My favorite episodes are the brat boot camp. Where they take these stupid mouthy teenagers and put them through hell to try to whip them into shape. I get a good kick out of that.

In terms of my blu-rays and dvds. I do own a Blu-Ray of G.I. Joe - The Rise of Cobra. I collect a lot of the cool cartoons from the 1980's, but I'll admit I even collect the girly cartoons from the 1980's as well. I own the first season of My Little Pony. I also own the first season of the original old school care bears. Before all these other episodes with hugs and tugs. I own every season of She-Ra - Princess of Power.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2010, 10:29 PM Local time: May 11, 2010, 09:29 PM #9 of 10
I fucking love Joss Whedon's "Angel" tv series which is a bit surprising even to me since I don't care for Buffy at all
Not unusual. I liked Buffy well enough, but i found Angel to be waaaay more engaging. Many other Whedon fans i know agree.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2010, 01:54 AM Local time: May 12, 2010, 12:54 AM #10 of 10
As people probably know, I've been a big fan of Survivor since season 1. I've tried my best to watch every season, and to this day because of work and other scheduling conflict I've watched 18 seasons of survivor. I've only ever missed two seasons. Yeah I know, that is really pathetic.
I've seen just about every episode of Survivor as well (I missed a few of the early season 1 episodes since I didn't start watching it from the beginning, but I've been a die hard fan since then). As far as reality shows go, it's still one of the best ones even after 20 seasons, so it's not really that shameful. I'd be much more embarrassed to admit I watch American Idol, Big Brother, and Hell's Kitchen (all of which I unfortunately do watch).

As for myself, I can't think of too many dirty secrets that aren't already widely known around these parts (Dirty Sexy Money, Ultraviolet, Mrs. Doubtfire, etc.), but I can scrounge up a few.

First there's Blue Mountain State, which I said nothing but negative things about after watching the first episode but for some god forsaken reason went on to watch the entire first season of. If you've seen this show you know it's not good, but there was still something about it that kept me watching (and considering I downloaded every episode, I can't use the "there was nothing else on" excuse). And now that it's been renewed for a second season, I'll still be there watching this show.

Other than that, the only other thing I watch that may be considered dirty are Japanese dramas. Most of the ones I've watched aren't actually bad or anything, but I'm sure there are some people who would give me weird looks just for saying I watch them in general. I only watch them sort of semi-regularly, usually during breaks in the regular TV season (i.e. mostly during the summer and the holiday season lull), but since they don't last too long (the average show is usually about 11 episodes) I can still get through quite a bit of them in that time (to date I've seen about 30 different shows in the two years or so since I started watching them).

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [General Discussion] Your dirty viewing secrets