Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] NOBDYH GVIE S A SHIT ABOUT DIABLO IIII

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:33 AM #401 of 497
They seem to be doing some different things. Impressions from people on the game seem to be all over the place, some people love it, and I've seen some people who were really looking forward to it actually being disappointed and going back to D3. I would have picked it up if not for Borderlands 2, shit timing on that.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:39 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2012, 06:39 AM 1 #402 of 497
I picked up Torchlight 2 using some of the money that Diablo 3 players put into my Paypal account.

How ya doing, buddy?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:35 PM #403 of 497
I have a feeling Runic is okay with that.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:21 AM Local time: Sep 24, 2012, 12:21 PM #404 of 497
Sold my immortal king helmet for 65m... first time i really got that kind of monies (could probably have RMAH it)... now i dont know what to buy lol. Got really lucky and got 1 set and 2 leg items, 3 days in a row (one on each day).

no homo
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:54 PM #405 of 497
I don't know if anybody's been keeping up with it, but 1.05 hit today, and the changes in it are substantial. People in the public preview of it the last couple weeks have been pretty psyched about it overall (outside of Monks apparently still getting shafted). Came out today, full patch notes are here, it's fucking crazy:

Patch 1.0.5 Now Available - Diablo III

Seeing a ton of very skeptical people today gushing over how awesome it is with the changes to drops and Monster Power in particular. I plan on getting back in there in the next day or two (haven't played in 2-3 weeks) to check it out, but this is worth a look for anyone with the game.

Edit: Jesus, people on GAF are getting multiple Legendaries and/or plans a run now running Monster Power 3-5+, holy fuck.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by SailorDaravon; Oct 16, 2012 at 11:01 PM.
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:21 AM Local time: Oct 17, 2012, 04:21 PM #406 of 497
awww yeah been waiting for the market to crash so i can pick up a cheap manticore and a dead mans legacy. or a amulet cant decide.

no homo
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:24 PM #407 of 497
Did a complete playthrough of Act 1 on MP3, got a pretty good Stormshield like 20 minutes in. Jesus.

FELIPE NO
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:08 PM #408 of 497
Scored two Legendaries on my last run on only MP2, scored this:

Having a fucking blast with the game now post-patch. Huge difference. I BASICALLY stopped playing Borderlands to play this now.

How ya doing, buddy?
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:44 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2012, 11:44 PM #409 of 497
Lul i bought a Dead mans and Manticore after the patch (prices didnt drop as much as i thought tho) and im just cutting through all acts like butter. No wonder people were complaining of no end-game with gear like this.

Did u change your farming routes Daravon? If i play with mp levels i just play act1 since apparently the chances for leg. drops are the same. But lately I've been playing normal inf on act 3 since it's faster and more drops.. but there is undoubtly new energy in the game now.

no homo
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:30 AM #410 of 497
I switched today to doing act 3 runs. After 1.0.5 hit I'd been alternating between doing either Act 1 or Act 2 runs on MP 2 because all of the enemies are level 63 now if you have any MP on. This morning I randomly decided to try an Act 3 run on MP2 and it was actually way easier than doing Act 1 or 2 on MP2 (which was obviously reversed before). Someone pointed out that I completely missed the fact that when you have MP on and it scales all non-level 63 monsters to 63, that happens andthen MP scaling applies. I think pre-patch pretty much all of the act 3 enemies were already 63, so with how the scaling works Act 3 is actually easier for me now.

But on any of the acts I stick mostly to MP2. MP2 is mostly easy on Act 1/2, and is even easier on Act 3. MP3 is doable on any of the acts for me, but I do start definetely dying on either certain types of Elites, or super jacked Elite combinations. Legendaries were already dropping about once or twice a day for me, but since switching to act 3 today for whatever reason they're dropping all over the place, my last run I got 4 (Ivory Tower, Unity, Zunimassa helm and Blackthorne boots). Most of them have been Brimstone trash, but I sold one for 500k and have two more I might be able to sell for that much, and a Unity I have up right now for like 4 million. Getting pretty good regular rares though, I found a pretty great Str/attack speed/crit damage/all resist/life+% ring that I've got up right now. There was almost nothing like it, I started it at I think 8 million so we'll see how that goes.

Gear-wise after I sold that Mempo I spent about 8 million on a pretty high end Andariel's Visage and a few million on a ring upgrade. Right now I'm sitting at something like 122k unbuffed damage and 147k damaged with Steady Aim active, I had already dropped Sharpshooter before the patch since my natural crit is up to around 43%. I'm sitting on about 22 million, and I have around 10 million in stuff up right now on the AH (not counting that ring) that I'm hoping I can move. I'm in this weird spot right now where to get any sort of meaningful upgrade is going to cost me 30-40 million on just about any piece of equipment, so I'm holding off for now.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2013, 06:35 PM #411 of 497
HOLY NECRO BUMP BATMAN

Since Term has started playing again and has no idea what's even going on now, here's what has happened with this game in terms of patches and updates since everyone pretty much stopped playing. A few of these things were in the very last patch I posted here, but I think just about everyone had already stopped playing by that point soooo

-Paragon Levels added. They essentially just added 100 experience levels to go through that start scaling exponentially. However with each Paragon level you gain you still get your stat boosts, but also permanent +3% to both your Magic and Gold Find. As a result of this change there is now a +300% cap to MF and GF before Nephalem Valor (NV). This combined with Monster Power (MP, see below) makes Gold/Magic find stats on items more or less useless, don't bother looking for them at all when getting new gear now.

-The extra 15% MF/GF you get per NV stack is still in place, but those bonuses go beyond the normal MF/GF cap. Also since the level cap has been raised, you now also get 15% extra XP per stack. So at the max 5 stacks that's an extra 60% MF/GF/XP beyond any normal caps.

-They nerfed the hell out of Inferno over various patches. It's no longer Act 3 is impossible, it's now how quickly can you clear it and on what MP.

-Monster Power (MP) added. This and Paragon Levels are the biggest changes. I never really played Diablo 2, but apparently there was something similar to this in that. You can select an MP level of anywhere from 0 (aka vanilla, nothing special) to 10. Depending on what level you choose your rewards start scaling higher and higher, although so do the monsters:

As long as you are playing on at least MP1 ALL MONSTERS are level 63, which means ilevel 63 items can drop. Given that the jump from MP0 to 1 is negligible, even if you are just coming back now and suck ass you want to be playing on MP1. The MF/GF increases from MP are beyond the normal 300% cap as well, along with the NV bonuses. For example, with my Paragon Level 71 Demon Hunter playing on MP8 my MF/GF with no NV stacks is like 570% or something retarded like that. It's great.

-Infernal Machine/Hellfire Ring event added. Acts 1-3 each have a "Keywarden" (KW) that spawns in a specific zone. When killed with 5 stacks of NV active, the KW has a 10% chance of dropping their specific Key per each level of MP active (ex. MP5 = 50% chance of Key drop). With one of each of the three keys, you can create an Infernal Machine at the Blacksmith using the plans that drop from the KW in Act 4 (who only drops the plans, no Keys so you only need this once). When used in a house in New Tristam in the last quest of Act 1, the Infernal Machine will open one of three portals, behind each is a duo of buffed up bosses from the game. Similar to the KW's, once killed each duo has a 10% per MP level to drop an a specific item. You can then combine all three of those items to craft a Hellfire Ring at the Jeweler. You choose the primary stat of the ring, then each ring will always roll 170-200 of that stat, 35% bonus EXP, along with 4 random stats.

This sounds like a hassle, and it kind of is. However it's worth it at least a few times, because while the Hellfire ring is account bound, it's equippable at any level, which combined with even shit rolls on it makes it amazing for leveling up new characters. Also in theory you CAN get good rolls on it (primary stat + crit dmg/crit %/AS%), but it's mostly good for leveling purposes, and you can stick one on your Follower as well.

-Demonic Essences and new crafted items added. Elites now have a chance to drop a crafting item called a Demonic Essence. These are account bound items, and are used in new crafting recipes. The new crafting recipes are Archon Shoulders, Gloves, Bracers, Chest Armor, and Amulet. For each of these recipes you can get a recipe for each primary stat just like the Hellfire Ring (Dex/Vit/Int/Str). However the primary stat on these roll at a minimum of 200, and a double roll can clear 300 PLUS five random stats. As a result you yourself can now easily craft upgrades for Gloves/Bracers/Shoulders, and in fact crafted items of those three are easily now the Best in Slot for any class (unless you're just absolutely stuck with a set piece for some reason). The Archon Chest Armor in theory on a perfect roll is high-end, but most classes/builds will be stuck with a set piece there anyway, so it's not really worth it to mess around with that. On a similar note the Archon Amulet also potentially is a Best in Slot, but realistically you're unlikely to get that as Amulets have a fuckton more random rolls they can get on them as opposed to other pieces of equipment. Additionally the Amulet has a higher cost to craft (also requires a high level gem as well as a Brimstone); crafting amulets is potentially endgame, but save that for long after you've crafted godlike other slots. Bottomline: you can now (fairly) easily craft godlike Shoulders, Gloves, and Bracers yourself. Also should note that like the essences, any of these crafted items are account bound. Actually fairly smart on Blizzards part; since you can't buy Essences, it forces people to actually play the game and not just the AH.

-An additional level of gem was added, Marquise. They scale up just like all other levels of gems, but are astronomically expensive to craft. And as an extra fuck you, they cost 20 million to remove from a piece of armor. Only for ultra hardcore people.

-Invulnerable minions were completely removed (I actually totally forget about them), and Reflect Damage and Shielding affixes on Elites aren't constant now, you can see when they're active or not.

-Magic Find and Gold Find stats no longer average across your party. This is something else I totally forgot was even a thing, FFS Blizzard

Also patch 1.08 is coming either this week or next (has been available via the public test realm for a while now). This has some major updates, such as:
-They're HUGELY increasing mob density in all areas of all acts; the problem right now is that there is an Act 3 run that pretty much is inarguably the most efficient run in the game. This change makes it so you can run pretty much what YOU want to run. There's videos of this out there, but it fills every area with pretty much nonstop enemies, looks fantastic.
-Identify All available in town. Self-explanatory and amazing, but also highlights how sad it is that this is an exciting feature but should have been there at launch.

I never really stopped playing, and I'm always down to play with whoever if you're on; even at high levels it's generally considered more efficient to do really quick low MP runs then to do slower high MP runs, so even if you're just getting back into the game we can play. I also have a fairly low-level Paragon Monk that I'm using right now so it's not super unbalanced.

Also everyone should use Diablo 3 DPS & EHP Calculator, it's incredibly useful for determining upgrades, as well as things like "Is it worth losing 50 Vit for 35 All Resist." I've vastly improved my character and game since I started using it a few months ago, made me realize that I was looking at the wrong stats. The DPS the site shows will generally match your in-game one, but the big one to look at is your effective hit points (eHP).

Edit: Term, you can see how d3up works, for example this is my Monk's Blizzard armory profile: Dawn - Community - Diablo III

And then here's my d3up profile: Dawn | Monk | Diablo 3 DPS & EHP Calculator

The d3up site is great because it gives you what your actual eHP is, and you can create fake items and simulate changes to your existing items to see specifically how it will change your stats, so you can see if something on the AH will actually be an upgrade or not, etc. For comparison, here's a link to your monk's profile I imported to the site: Stormhammer | Monk | Diablo 3 DPS & EHP Calculator

Like I mentioned, the main problem is that your Vit is obscene, but your DPS is really low. You're going to have to make some concessions and lose some Vit and/or AR/FR to get your DPS up. Using the site I'd probably reccommend letting your self drop no lower than either 350-400k eHP but see how high you can get your DPS while making that drop. Ideally more endgame Monks try to maintain 500k EHP while hitting 200k+ DPS, but that's a ways off so I wouldn't worry about that.

For your gear outside of the weapon stuff we already talked about, you need crit % super super bad. You probably already have enough Demon Essences to start crafting some decent shoulders/bracers/gloves so I probably wouldn't worry about buying those right now (unless you're super unlucky with your crafts). You probably should ditch the Inna chest and get the Inna pants; the Inna 3 and 4 set bonus is garbage. The Inna pants are pretty much mandatory for both Monks and DH's because they give you attack %, crit %, and movement %. You are for sure going to lose some AR/Vit on that tradeoff, but it can't be helped. For the chest you can probably get a rare chest with relatively low dex but high vit/AR/FR/3 slots, then later upgrade that further. You can also try the new Tal Rasha chest (forget the name), IIRC you can't roll Vit and AR on it, but it always has attack speed % on it. Your boots are pretty good right now, and with that second ring I gave you (combined with your nat ring, which btw is a good call since you want the nat ring + boots for that 2 set bonus) you're good ring-wise. You should definitely be able to get a better amulet for fairly cheap. I think the big thing is that your weapons are high base DPS, but Shenlongs don't compete at this point, you're going to lose some on the damage number but you need to get 2 one handers that have dex, crit damage and a socket, and you also need life steal on at least one of them.

Also someone I play with on GAF who has high level monk just posted for someone else who just started playing a Monk again on upgrades they can make for dirt cheap, you might want to take a look: NeoGAF - View Single Post - Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Also I'd strongly recommend swapping out a lot of your skills. Transcendence is pretty useless, and Resolve is probably in reality actually the most useless Monk skill (which I didn't realize at first either) since it only actually affects the specific enemy you are hitting. It's arguably useful when running ubers, but that's literally it. You should take Seize the Initiative which will immediately give you a pretty good armor/eHP boost. Then I personally run Chant of Resonance for the spirit regen, but you've got room to put whatever in there. Also I don't think anyone would recommend Mantra of Healing (it's regen is way too low to matter at any real MP level) or Mystic Ally at ALL at this point. Mantra of Conviction/Overawe is basically a free 24% damage boost, there's virtually no reason not to run it.

Past that there's some variance in skills, but the general consensus is that if you're not running a 2h Tempest Rush build, you want to be running with Fists of Thunder/Thunderclap run and Sweeping Wind/Cyclone. Bladestorm isn't an awful choice for Sweeping Wind, but Cyclone becomes way, way more effective once you're landing criticals often, which once you get your crit % up will be pretty much all of the time. And if you do wind up getting a WKL, you will pretty much have to switch to that build, since without running FoT and SW/Cyclone the bonus damage with lightning skills that you get with the WKL (Cyclones do lightning damage) is wasted which makes the WKL not as good as comparable one handers.

tl;dr use d3up, be willing to lose some vit and resists and get some crit %. With what your eHP is your DPS should be at LEAST double what it is right now.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by SailorDaravon; May 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2013, 04:15 PM #412 of 497
1.08 is out, and it's fucking crazy. About to jump in myself, hearing nothing but people saying how the mob density is crazy now, and combined with all of the other changes people are blowing through shit, and getting way more drops and levels pretty much in whatever location they want to go through which is fucking awesome. It's also caused the price of gold to completely bottom out now since on the RMAH you can only sell in lots of 10 mil as opposed to 1 mil as before, but the minimum sell amount is still 25 cents, but since there's so much botting it's just made it so instead of 1 mil for 25 cents it's now 10 mil for 25 cents. This in turn has caused the gem market to fucking skyrocket, so the whole thing is hilarious.

Also Term you did a great job on upgrading your stuff! I started checking out the Diablo subreddits, and there's a super popular build going around there for high-end Demon Hunters that I checked out last night, and it's hilarious. I was doing MP10 Act 3 pretty much fine with just one minor gear change, and I could make it even better by actually buying a decent Calamity (I just bought a so-so 2 mil one to check this out) and running the other additional skills. But to give you an idea:

YouTube Video

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2013, 12:45 AM Local time: May 7, 2013, 10:45 PM #413 of 497
I bought copies of Diablo III for me and Tritoch back in November, but neither of us have touched it. Maybe this would be a decent starting point, since it doesn't seem like it's gonna get any less convoluted.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; May 8, 2013 at 12:51 AM.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2013, 05:33 AM #414 of 497
If it helps there's a reddit thread here that provides some tips to new and returning players for this patch. This patch was a big one people have been looking forward to for months, it's brought a lot of people back. In my time with it last night it was fantastic; mob density is crazy, people are saying it's like D2 in that regard now. A lot of the "smaller" changes like having identify all, being able to salvage without the confirmation message, and bigger ones like it automatically putting out a message to all players in a game when someone engages in combat with an elite, goblin or keywarden are great.

As a completely new player most of that won't affect you yet, and really you can just go through the game on the first couple of difficulties really doing whatever character and skillwise. Then by the time you would probably actually need specific advice, you'll have a good enough grasp of what's going on to take that. But with a lot of the changes they've made since launch it's way easier to get into now, and is nowhere near the shitshow that the game launched at.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2013, 07:33 AM Local time: May 8, 2013, 05:33 AM #415 of 497
Quote:
mob density is crazy, people are saying it's like D2 in that regard now
Definitely. It is THAT many in D2; mobs upon mobs of assholes just swarming down on you. It's fucking glorious.

And thanks for the gear and skill advice; just upping some of the gears to have a crit% and critdmg. Now it's better than the last time I touched it.

FELIPE NO
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 8, 2013, 03:58 PM Local time: May 8, 2013, 01:58 PM #416 of 497
The one thing that would actually be nice about all these level 60s grinding away forever is you can probably get all sorts of gear for cheap on the AH. I remember when I played through, not long after the game was released, I don't think I wore one thing I found on my own for any significant amount of time. Most items of worth were for other classes, so I'd sell them for a bit of money, then buy things for myself with the leftovers.

I did like my trick of buying pretty good weapons with an empty socket, dropping in a ruby I bought to up the DPS, and then reselling it for, like, 10-20x what I paid for it. Paid the bills easily until I hit level 60 with my first character.

Edit: I wonder if they're eventually going to add in a transmute ability. Or something to let you sell/salvage stuff outside of running back to town.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2013, 06:01 PM #417 of 497
This is what an average screen looks like after it's been cleared, the mob density is ridiculous now. These screenshots were taken within a minute of each other.

Ironically Term the Spirit Stone was a high crit fire resistance Inna's helm lol. It's not quite as good as the one I got you just barely, but we're even on that now so good shit. Legendaries are all over the place now with the increased density, and I haven't even tried public games where you extra bonuses for that. People on GAF in 4 player games are clearing a total of 15+ legendaries (across all players) in single runs. So good.

Most amazing jew boots
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2013, 06:43 AM Local time: May 9, 2013, 01:43 PM #418 of 497
haha that money dupe really fucked the game up.
"Sadly" EU wasnt effected, still disappointed that there is no end-game what so ever. Why is there no ladder? I don't get it. Yeah people will just buy best gear and win but still it can be fun for people just to do it. It's still a grinding fest with no end and all these patches do is to just make the grind easier, which once again removes the only purpose the game has.

How ya doing, buddy?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2013, 04:18 PM #419 of 497
Without getting into it, there are multiple posts on reddit, GAF, bnet, etc that I agree with as to why the dupe issue isn't going to wind up fucking things over all that much. I agree that no ladder is baffling, but complaining about a loot game being a grindfest with no end kind of defeats the purpose of loot games? Also with MP levels you can make it as hard as you want; I can personally assure you that there is no way in hell that launch Inferno was harder than current Inferno MP10.

How ya doing, buddy?
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2013, 03:52 AM Local time: May 10, 2013, 10:52 AM #420 of 497
Without getting into it, there are multiple posts on reddit, GAF, bnet, etc that I agree with as to why the dupe issue isn't going to wind up fucking things over all that much. I agree that no ladder is baffling, but complaining about a loot game being a grindfest with no end kind of defeats the purpose of loot games? Also with MP levels you can make it as hard as you want; I can personally assure you that there is no way in hell that launch Inferno was harder than current Inferno MP10.
I didn't mean the gold glitch would have long term effects, but what it did in shrot time was hilarious.

Loot games have their places but what the good ones have are some sort of secondary (or primary depending on how you see it) objective, might be a ladder or pvp or something unheard of. It's just missing that part.

That said I reinstalled D3 yesterday and switched my manticore to a calmity to give the cluster grenade a spin, was fun and really devastating.
Lacking any other game I'll probably be playing some d3 now if anyone wants to huuk up.

no homo
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2013, 05:14 PM #421 of 497
Yeah, short term the dupe has made things hilarious. Outside of being personally annoyed that the AH is down since I have a full tab of things I can't sell/price as well as getting myself a better Calamity, this is going to have the unexpected effect of resetting the economy. Since the AH will have been down long enough for there to be no auctions active or recent prices to look at it, it's going to be the wild west for a bit. I imagine in some ways it's going to be super fucked for a bit, but I bet some people are also going to make out on deals since anyone who isn't super into the game probably isn't going to have any idea how to price anything accurately which could potentially lead to great pickups under cost. Should be interesting either way.

Most amazing jew boots
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2013, 11:24 AM Local time: May 11, 2013, 06:24 PM #422 of 497
this is my current build
Chinpo - Community - Diablo III

I had 20m just laying in my account so i changed some gear and bought the calmity. i was too stingy tho, i could have spent more money but I didnt.

Dont know what to get next, was thinking of inn's pants but i lose 30k EHP. Maybe a new amulet..? Dunno.

no homo
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2013, 06:25 PM #423 of 497
The dupe doesn't seem to have done anything to the market really, prices are pretty much like they were before. Also the new mob density + party GF/MF bonuses are fantastic and are spoiling me. If I do a good sized Act 1 run and don't get 2-3+ Legendaries it's actually upsetting.

Zip, you're running a weird ass build there. If you're going Grenades/Traps there's no reason to also have Hungering Arrow in there, it's a waste of a slot. Given that you're not even at 100k DPS I don't know that I'd even recommend the Grenades build; it'll work at any MP level I suppose, but it's really only powerful/needed at really high MP levels. At lower damage/MP levels Hungering Arrow with Elemental Arrow/Ball Lightning is the way to go, unless you're running a Strafe build for low MP runs. You may or may not want to drop the Calamity (that is a pretty decent one though) for a Manticore, or alternatively if you're going to run Grenades HA is a waste of a slot, largely defeats the purpose of the build.

Completely ignoring the weapon/skill set however, the biggest thing you need to do is drop all MF/GF gear ASAP. Given how fast you can level in public games now, along with the MF/GF bonuses you get with playing in groups now, it's not worth it at all. You'd be way better off using those slots for other things that let you tackle enemies faster or a higher MP. The other problem is that you've geared for eHP over DPS, there's no easy way on most of your slots to overcome that cheaply. Some specific recommendations (prices are based on the US AH, I can't imagine they're THAT different on EU, but I couldn't say for sure):

Helm: Mempo is the way to go, and CC ones are ridiculously expensive (I don't have one) but your Mempo is crap, it has no primary stat or Vit. For 800k-1mil you can get one with no Vit but 170+ dex, do that immediately and stick a Amethyst/Vit gem in the slot instead, even a flawless square in there will do amazing things for your eHP, getting that Dex and putting a Vit gem in there alone will give you about a 5-6k DPS and ~15-20k eHP boost. The pickup radius is nice, but you're not at a point where you have the luxury for that, at least not on that piece.

Shoulders: You should start crafting Archon shoulders/bracers/gloves asap for upgrades. Short term for 800k-1 mil you can get a Vile Ward with slightly better Dex and AR and comparable Vit with what you have.

Chest: You're a bit stuck on this one because you are going to have to lose the AR here (at least with your budget), but for a DH there's really no other choice than the Nat chest. The good news here is that since you already have the nat ring and boots you can get the 3-set dex bonus by getting one, and also even though you're going to lose the AR by dropping your current chest you can make up for it pretty easily here. For about a million you can get one with 150 dex / 50 vit and with possibly another random roll. And these always roll with 10-12% Life and 3 sockets; so with this 150 dex /50 vit rolled one if you stick three flawless square emeralds in the sockets and the set bonus you're looking at about a +7k DPS, and with the low Vit and Life % roll on it you still come out ahead of your current chest even without the AR by about 2-4k+ eHP. The Elite % is largely irrelevant (especially at your DPS #'s), very few enemies are actually considered "demons" for that bonus, and you're going to make up the movement bonus below on the Inna pants (which yes, you should get).

Belt: You're probably okay with this for right now; the Inna belt is good for DH's, sooner rather than later you will probably want to get upgrade to a Witching Hour which is best in slot for DH (and most classes actually), but those are a bit more expensive and will almost always come with a eHP loss as a tradeoff, so I wouldn't worry about that right now. At a low budget your Inna belt is about as good as you can get.

Pants: Get Inna pants. The downside is that getting a dex/vit one (90-100 dex and 40-60 vit) is going to cost you about 2-3 mil, but I would do that ASAP. You are going to lose some vit, but even the minimum AS% roll on it of 8% and the guaranteed 1% CC are enormous. Also you will lose this when you eventually upgrade to a Witching Hour, but short term this was also net you the 2-set Inna bonus of 130 dex. Figuring at that 3 mil number, you will gain 9k+ DPS on this, but you will lose somewhere around 30k eHP. If you want you can mitigate about half of that by putting vit gems in the sockets instead of dex gems which will gain you about 6k DPS but only losing 18k eHP. Also these come with the 12% movement bonus to replace the one on your chest, and puts you back at 24% with the boots (max is 25%).

Alternatively short term you could get some Blackthorne Pants, since they roll LoH and a bunch of other stats.

Boots: Your boots are actually pretty solid for your budget. To get more dex on them would start at around 2 million which isn't bad, but not worth it for you right now given much larger upgrades you can get elsewhere for that price. Getting Vit on them for sub 2-3 million would dramatically drop the Dex on them, not worth it.

Gloves: For non-crafted gloves yours are pretty decent. I probably wouldn't bother buying another pair, just start crafting them and you should get an upgrade sooner rather than later. You probably could get an upgrade on the AH for a few million, but again that money is better spent elsewhere.

Bracers: Your bracers are kind of crap, you should be able to roll a better one via crafting in probably just a few tries, you may actually want to do this before anything else. Crafting a dex one and getting one with literally any crit % on it will probably be an upgrade for you.

Amulet: You can get a way better one for cheap. Search for 100 Dex, CC, CD and either Vit or AR. On the US AH I see ones that would be pretty good upgrades for you starting at around a mil. If you're going Grenades right now you could also search for attack speed instead of CD if you're so inclined.

Nat ring: I would get one with either Vit or Life % on it instead of LoH. I see upgrades on the US AH that would net you a bigger increase for under 1 mil. I wouldn't worry about losing the LoH, because:

Skull Grasp: I'd drop this for either a Unity, or a better rare ring. Unitys are surprisingly good because not a lot of people realize how much of a DPS boost average damage is, and Unitys always roll 4.5% crit and decent LoH, enough to make up for ditching the Nat ring and the Skull Grasp. Getting one with life % or Vit will run you starting at 1-3 mil however. Alternatively you could probably get a better rolled rare ring for the same ballpark price if not cheaper, just search for Dex/Vit or Life %/LoH (if you really think you need this)/Attack speed or CD/CC, etc.

DML: Yours is okay, but you can get ones with 9.5% crit but up the Attack Speed to 18-19% for not more than 1-2 mil.

FELIPE NO
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2013, 04:24 PM Local time: May 12, 2013, 11:24 PM #424 of 497
nah fuck you.

jk. Prices are way different on EU bro, the numbers you mention for different stuff isnt realistic at all 4 me atm.
As i said, haven played for a bunch of months so i just gave this build a try 2 days ago thus a lot of my gear is geared for bunch of other stuff (they are still crap i kno). I can currenty do mp3 without dying tooo much and that LoH is what keeps me alive. Did the uber bosses for the first time yesterday with a party on mp5, would never be able to solo it tho.
And as i understand it the grenade build uses ehp more than DPS so i'm not sure it's all too negativa.

yeah hungering arrow shouldnt be there, dunno what to replace it with tho since all required skills are already selected.

Thx for item lists tho I've looked at bunch of stuff u mentioned already and i cant decide, I'm sitting more in d3up and AH than the game tho lol.
The Mempo was a find just before i quit so it's free and will get a update i guess.
The pants make me lose so much eHP for just a couple of k DPS (the ones i checked) that i'm really torn if i should upgrade to inns, that innas bonus wouldnt hurt tho.

Nat ring I'm not ditching just yet since i just bought it lol, but the skil ring i'm probably changing but the unity costs shitlots.

What's really making me lose my mind is if i should ditch the tyraels one, but you are probably right on this one. Probably on everyrging esle too, thx for tips.

Also excuse the selling errors, I'm chilling a on big brown booty so it's hard to right with free hand.

Edit: been calculating a bit on d3up and chaing tyraels would really boost my ehp so i only lose 10k ehp if i switch ma pants so that might actually happen. altho only aroundish 7k boost in dps.. arund 10-11ish if i get a new mempo with 150 dex.

no homo

Last edited by Zip; May 12, 2013 at 04:39 PM.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2013, 09:35 PM #425 of 497
I think the main issue is that the Grenade build is really intended more for high MP, and none of your stats are at that level yet. You'd honestly probably be better off running a vanilla HA/BL build for a while, if you're just running MP2-3 that's totally fine. Hell, if I'm running sub-MP5 with other people that's what I switch to. Grenading is really only for when you're facetanking something at high MP. I run Grenades when I solo MP6, and even on MP6 it's probably really borderline as to whether or not that is more effective than running either HA/BL or Bolo/Trap.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Tags
basically, get equipment in order to get equipment, keep flogging that horse, not one shit was given

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] NOBDYH GVIE S A SHIT ABOUT DIABLO IIII