Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

*Cowers with Kurado*

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 11:55 AM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 10:55 AM #1 of 28
*Cowers with Kurado*

Have you guys ever had issues with fear of the dark when you were little?

I had a pretty serious problem with it. Sometimes friends would throw me in dark closets for like ten seconds because they'd enjoy the sight when they'd open the door after the ten seconds and stuff. I eventually overcame it though. Though sometimes when I walk back to my bed after turning the lights off (long walk, actually) it kinda gives me a rush nowadays.

When I was freaking out in the dark a lot of times I had this powerful feeling that Freddy was gonna SNATCH my ass.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 04:10 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 04:10 PM #2 of 28
For the most part, I have never really had a problem with the dark. My brother used to have the problem and jumped onto his bed when he shut of the light. I guess the bed was the safe ground.

When I hear creepy noises or if I am somewhere dark where I am not very familiar with, I can have a bit of fear. I wouldn't be surprised many people are like that when a situation is unique. After watching a horror movie r something like that, I would be afraid of the dark more and have a nightmare. Not so much anymore of course.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 04:35 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 09:35 PM #3 of 28
I went through a period of sleeping with the lights on when I was six. It lasted a week, then my dad got into a process of taking away the bulb for the only lamp in my room each night, and returning it in the morning. Since then whenever I was staying over at a friend's house I'd be snotty and jeer at them for having nightlights.

That doesn't mean I condone the way my father went about things, though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 05:55 PM #4 of 28
When I'm closing the student center at night, I have to go around and turn off all the lights. Its not that I'm scared of the dark, but I'll find that I'm creeping myself out. Once I'm done with the third floor, the only light in this loooooong hallway is the red EXIT sign. I'll find myself imagining scary things, like some creepy guy standing at the end of the hallway the second I turn off the lights. Active imagination, and I know it wont really happen, but I still occasionally scare myself with it.

Most amazing jew boots
JackTheRipper
fuck

Member 1296

Level 19.17

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 06:01 PM #5 of 28
I used to have that problem when I was younger, too. For whatever reason, the "who shot Mr. Burns" episode of the Simpsons freaked the hell out of me and I was afraid of... I'm not exactly sure what about it, but I felt that if I was completely under my covers, I was safe from harm. I still kind of have a fear of things grabbing at my feet, though. I flip out when people touch my feet.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jamma
Nuts! Gotta get to Narshe on the fly...

Member 3119

Level 10.58

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 06:38 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 11:38 PM #6 of 28
I too went through a stage when I was younger. I had to have the hall light on and my bedroom door half-open. Seems pretty pathetic when you think back on it. At least I have no trouble sleeping with lights on or off now though.

How ya doing, buddy?
Merchant: "You’re that thief, Locke, aren’t you?"
Locke: "Hey! Call me a Treasure Hunter, or I’ll rip your lungs out!"

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 10:05 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 09:05 PM #7 of 28
Its interesting how most of us, if not all, felt safe under the covers. I remember it was an awesome sensation of protection, since you are protected.

But a movie fucked up my Fantasy big time last year. You guys see the Grudge and what it did concerning the covers safety technique?

FELIPE NO
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 10:26 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 07:26 PM #8 of 28
I experienced that for only a short time when I was younger. I don't recall ever using a night light of any kind, but I found that I no longer had any problems with the dark.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:17 AM #9 of 28
I was never really afraid of the dark. Dark rooms nearby worried me a lot more, since at least your eyes adjust after awhile when you're in the darkness too.

The hallway in my house had the dining room on one end, and the other end had three bedrooms. When I was younger it tended to freak me out a little walking towards the dining room if the lights were out in all three of those rooms. Not actual fear, but that feeling when the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

Oh, and closets scared me a little at night. I blame that one on all the cartoons about monsters hiding in the closet though.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:56 AM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 10:56 PM #10 of 28
I think I was afraid of the dark when I was much younger, so I had a nightlight. But then I knew I wasn't afraid of the dark anymore, but was just used to having a night light, which I kept just before high school. Then to free up an outlet, I finally took it out and never used one since. =p

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 03:03 AM Local time: Feb 15, 2007, 02:03 AM #11 of 28
I was always uneasy in the dark, because of the unknown, but never really scared. My brother was pretty scared of the dark, so he always had a night light growing up. Sometimes my overactive imagination will still make darkness interesting.

Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 04:01 AM #12 of 28
I was only scared of the dark when I was somewhere that I wasn't used to.. like friend's house, on a family trip sleeping in some motel, etc etc.

in my own bed I felt a bit safer but that's not to say that I was little bit scared of the dark, not much but I had my moments when I would hear the wind blowing in the night and I was get a bit freaked out.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 08:35 AM #13 of 28
When I was a kid, my mom watched "Creature of the Black Lagoon" and that scared me. For about a week, I was scared to go into my room at ALL--I kept thinking the thing was under my bed.

Now, I just hate the dark because I can't see anything.

Sandy
Pikachu ♪

Member 17794

Level 10.12

Jan 2007

Old Feb 16, 2007, 07:41 AM #14 of 28
I used to ALWAYS sleep with a little lamp beside my bed when I was little :P And I'd leave it on for the whole night and turn it off when I wake up in the morning.

How ya doing, buddy?
Yes, I'm very evul.

(Old sig back in 2001ish)
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Feb 16, 2007, 08:14 AM Local time: Feb 16, 2007, 07:14 AM #15 of 28
Knowing you as long as I have combined with the fact that you're so innocent and naive sometimes PLUS that avatar and your post here is all cute and fitting, Sandy. I bet Willy did too!

FELIPE NO
Sandy
Pikachu ♪

Member 17794

Level 10.12

Jan 2007

Old Feb 16, 2007, 08:26 AM #16 of 28
Knowing you as long as I have combined with the fact that you're so innocent and naive sometimes PLUS that avatar and your post here is all cute and fitting, Sandy. I bet Willy did too!
Haha, Willy is alot stronger(braver!!) than I was :P so he didn't have a little lamp like me lol.

Yes, I'm very evul.

(Old sig back in 2001ish)
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Feb 16, 2007, 08:36 AM Local time: Feb 16, 2007, 07:36 AM #17 of 28
Aww Willy. I bet deep inside there's a valiant hero waiting.
I like how it's not a lamp with you, it's a little lamp.

*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2007, 09:09 AM #18 of 28
I slept with a light on until I was 12. I used it because I was afraid of the dark, but then after that it became sort of a preference. I sleep better with a light on.

So I still find myself sleeping with a light on every now and then.

Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2007, 04:10 PM Local time: Feb 16, 2007, 10:10 PM #19 of 28
There was only odd occasion that I was afraid of the dark and they would normally be after watching something scary on TV. I would lie in bed with my eyes open and I would begin to form shapes out of the dark and convince myself that there was something there, but there never was.

To get away from the "shadows" I hid under the duvet and held it as tight as I could, eventually I would pop my head out and not see the shapes anymore so I would know that it would be safe to go to sleep.

kinkymagic
I made more lousy pictures than any actor in history.

Member 1409

Level 16.87

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2007, 07:17 PM Local time: Feb 17, 2007, 12:17 AM #20 of 28
I've never been scared of the dark, but I am scared of what might be in the dark.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

“When I slap you you'll take it and like it.”
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2007, 08:26 PM Local time: Feb 17, 2007, 01:26 AM #21 of 28
I've never been scared of the dark, but I am scared of what might be in the dark.
To be exact. Entirely true.

I used to hate being in the dark when I was a child, but now it doesn't bother me so much. Not unless I've been watching some freaky shit (struggles to think of an example and hates to at 1:30 am). I think it's because my imagination has taken a back-seat since I grew up. Sometimes I wish it hadn't.

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2007, 11:25 PM Local time: Feb 16, 2007, 09:25 PM #22 of 28
I never feared the dark itself as much as what could be lurking in the dark, such as a ancient mummy or sleeping dragon. I think I got over all that fuddleduddle by age ten and since junior high, I can only sleep well in a pitch black room.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

- What we all do best -
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2007, 12:11 AM Local time: Feb 17, 2007, 03:11 PM #23 of 28
I can't say I was scared of the dark, but let's just say that I preferred the light. =/ I didn't know any people who were scared of the dark, anyway, so in my eyes it just seems like a really big cliché.

Oh yeah, I used to be afraid of turning the light off when I had )just) seen an insect before I went to bed (ie spider, cockroach). But that's more of a fear of insects (which still is with me...sort of), not a fear of the dark.

FELIPE NO
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2007, 02:47 PM Local time: Feb 17, 2007, 11:47 AM #24 of 28
When I was little I used to be afraid of the dark. I'd usually keep my bedroom door wide open to let any outside light flood into my room, as my parents would still be awake and watching television. That never really helped, as I kept thinking monsters would be able to see me. So I'd cover my head with the blanket and sleep like a mummy. I did that shit for years.

Now it's so embedded into my psyche that I have to stop myself from doing it today. I'm not afraid of the dark or Chuckie anymore, but the blanket over head thing feels so comfortable -- it's like I tell myself I can't sleep any other way. Fortunately I've almost broken that habit, but it's still there. Doing stuff.

Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2007, 04:38 PM Local time: Feb 17, 2007, 02:38 PM #25 of 28
Not really a dark thing, but I have a problem with stuff I can't see when I'm alone. Like if I'm alone and in a room, I'm always weary of what's behind me. It gets magnified when it's in the dark because I see less. It's the same when I'm in water where I can't see what's below me.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > *Cowers with Kurado*