Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] How do you get 3,000 pikachus on a bus? POKEMON!

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 17, 2007, 05:57 PM Local time: Apr 18, 2007, 11:57 AM #326 of 1579
Ho hum... scyther is exclusive in diamond? =/ Im getting pearl because my friend is getting diamond.
It doesn't matter in your case, since your friend can just trade you Scyther in his/her Diamond.

I'm getting Pearl too. The Pearl exclusives look more appealing (Slowpoke line, Spheal line, Misdrevious, Mismagius) but it doesn't really matter if your friend has the other version.

Nintendo always release two copies of Pokemon just to cash in, but you know.

Most amazing jew boots
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2007, 07:51 AM #327 of 1579
Any chance of getting this game on Friday or Saturday? I work on Sunday and the store will be closed long before my shift is over :(

Who has pretty shinies? I have Spearow, Fearow and Furret :D Really happy about Furret, and I got them all in LeafGreen. I've never found a single Shiny until LG, believe it or not.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Freelance; Apr 18, 2007 at 07:29 PM.
Klaus
Please... don't touch me.

Member 2469

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2007, 05:02 PM #328 of 1579
I have had Marill, Poochyena, and Whismur but those bastards are gone now. I myself have never seen a shiny since I got Ruby, not counting red Gyarados.

I only have a shiny Duskull currently, that I caught today.

Those are my only legitimate shinies, I have a whole bunch of hacked ones though.

(I keep editing this)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
"So shut your cow-mouth or I'll remove your face by hand before I stop your whore's heart!"
~Victor von Doom

Last edited by Klaus; Apr 18, 2007 at 05:05 PM. Reason: spelling error
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 05:48 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 03:48 PM #329 of 1579
I knew I should of reserved this but I waited too long and now ebgames has no more for reserves. I have to try and get there early and grab one of the few extras they said they'll have if I want it on sunday. :/

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Stuff goes here~
Elmoogle
Review your CD, slacker!

Member 174

Level 11.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 10:26 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 10:26 PM 1 #330 of 1579
Picked up Diamond from my local Hastings today, then took the receipt to Gamestop so my friends there could report to Nintendo that they were violating street date. Being a bastard is fun sometimes.

I've currently been playing for about an hour and a half and don't have my first badge yet. Feel free to ask me any questions I might be able to answer though.

How ya doing, buddy?

This picture of a My Little Pony represents my failure to review the Mix CD that was sent to me. Like this image, I am a shining beacon of shame and disgrace.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 11:27 PM #331 of 1579
Wow, I just checked Serebii.net and apparently Ninetails learns a Special-type grass move called Energy Ball. That pretty much covers him against most of the types he's weak against, and with that new move Nasty Plot and Hypnosis, you could bump his Sp. Att substantially.

Some folks recommended grass rope, and I could see that being a valid option too, except that it's a Physical attack type. In order for the above setup to work, he'd need a nature that's improving Sp. Att.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 11:28 PM #332 of 1579
I wished they violated street date in my area. Waiting til Monday evening before I can get it sucks, and I preordered it too I'm crossing my fingers and hoping they'd call me tomorrow or Saturday. Wish me luck!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Freelance; Apr 19, 2007 at 11:57 PM.
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 10:44 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 11:44 AM #333 of 1579
Fucking Play Asia. GET MY COPY HERE RIGHT NOW OR I'LL BE UPSET!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 08:14 AM #334 of 1579
I've currently been playing for about an hour and a half and don't have my first badge yet. Feel free to ask me any questions I might be able to answer though.
Just out of curiosity, has leveling been made any less of a pain (or more interesting) than it was in the previous pokmemon games? That was the one thing that caused me to stop playing them since I got tired of getting to the next gym town, and then going back outside to slap down wild pokemon for 3-4 hours. The random trainer rematches often weren't much of a challenge from what I remember, and the amount of time it took me to get back to them could've been better spent just mindlessly killing wild pokemon instead. So yea, is the leveling pretty much the same?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 08:45 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 07:45 AM #335 of 1579
Leveling seems the same to me, maybe I'm just not noticing a real difference. Some pokés are easier to battle though thanks to new moves, Geodude for example would rather spam Mud Sport instead of Tackle or Defense Curl. Thus Machop (or Monferno, the evolved form of the fire/fighting starter) can just be all "gonna karate chop u" and win.

Certain Pokémon don't take too much experience to level though, I killed a Lv 10 Geodude and my Budew gained like 4 levels, so yeah. Some things just take a lot of exp (like Bidoof, and I don't really understand why because it's god awful slow) so there is still some grinding to do with certain ones. My Lv 15 Monferno needs 389 EXP to hit Lv 16, while my Lv 10 Bidoof needs 315. Then again Monferno is like 100x more useful than Bidoof (although that gets Hyper Fang later, which may be a result of having such a high EXP requirement). To make more comparisons, my Lv 10 Kricketune and Lv 10 Shinx only need ~130 EXP to hit Lv 11.

I've gotten to the first gym but I haven't bothered going inside (first gym is Rock type), I've been mostly trying to catch an Abra (and failing).

Managed to grab a Psyduck though! I wonder why it's such a rare encounter (2% chance lol)

Also not really surprised people are already trading hacked-in legendaries on Wi-Fi.

Oh yeah, slow walk speed is slow. Although you get Running Shoes early on, it doesn't really make me feel any faster.

FELIPE NO
Elmoogle
Review your CD, slacker!

Member 174

Level 11.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 10:35 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 10:35 AM #336 of 1579
I've got two badges now and I'm running with a team of 4 low 20's, one HM slave (sup slutbunni), and an empty spot I have yet to find a decent fill for. So far, the Shinx line and good old Ponyta have proved to be my MVP's, while my starter (penguin) has lagged behind a bit due to horrible beginning moves (bubble? BUBBLE?!)

Leveling seems about the same, though you should be happy to know that the random rematch system is out and the VS seeker from FireRed/LeafGreen is back in. If you never played those, it's a nifty little device that you simply activate while around trainers to ask them for a rematch. You can use it over and over again and some trainers will rematch you every time.

The WTC is full of jerks so far. People are putting up level 1 starters and requesting Lugia's and Dialaga's and other ridiculous crap. I'm guessing friend code trading is going to be much more useful.

Speaking of that -

Name: Mark
Code: 4467 7416 4523

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

This picture of a My Little Pony represents my failure to review the Mix CD that was sent to me. Like this image, I am a shining beacon of shame and disgrace.
Diversion
Jellicle Cat

Member 68

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 11:50 AM #337 of 1579
I definitely just upgraded my DS at EB Games (sup $70 new DS Lite), so I gotta redo my registrations on Nintendo's site. =[

I want the game.

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 12:27 PM #338 of 1579
Oh yeah, slow walk speed is slow. Although you get Running Shoes early on, it doesn't really make me feel any faster.
Nooooo! The Running Shoes were a god-send for me, and you're saying it's not much faster than normal walking in D/P?

Vs. Seeker! Yay!

I'm going with Turtwig for my Starter. My little sister is getting Pinlup. Since she is going to be the girl trainer, I'll be the guy. Both characters look pretty crappy though. What sensible kid wears a beret?

I also convinced my older sister to pick it up tomorrow for me. YAY!!! I also save a bus token too :3

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Lacerta

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 12:59 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 11:59 AM #339 of 1579
It's faster than normal walking, but for some reason doesn't feel as fast as what I've been used to in previous games.

I just got Abra, it's currently Lv 13, so once it hits 16 I'm hoping someone can do a trade so I get Alakazam :3 already traded w/ Ice for Alakazam loool.

Also beat the first gym leader, Mega Drain > Rock. I wish I knew how to make my Budew happier so it will turn into Roselia already.

Last edited by Lacerta; Apr 21, 2007 at 03:07 PM.
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 06:52 PM #340 of 1579
Thanks for the info! I have LeafGreen, but never got far enough into it to try out the VS Rematch system. That sounds pretty interesting actually. Heck maybe I'll pick one of these up just to see if I can rekindle the good memories I have of the series.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 07:23 PM #341 of 1579
Oh man, everyone has this already ;_;?!?
I certainly hope that Ralts is in either version still. I liked the rarity of finding one in Emerald and having to be patient in order to evolve her to a kick-ass Gardevoir eventually. That'll be my sidekick, if it's possible.

Can anyone confirm the 2 vs. 2 functionality? I tried digging around at gfaqs, and it looks as though you can't do 2 vs. 2 battles with 4 people, but you can with 2?

How ya doing, buddy?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 08:04 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2007, 02:04 PM #342 of 1579
Managed to grab a Psyduck though! I wonder why it's such a rare encounter (2% chance lol)
Not surprising. It takes balls to roll with psyduck.

I wonder what Nintendo are gonna do about the hacked stuff. There's always going to be gameshark codes and shit like that available. I heard awhile back that there's some sort of detection on the pokemon you catch, ie. if you don't catch z pokemon in z location, but you manage to have it at y location, it's flagged as "not legit" and it can vanish when you attempt to trade. Or something like that.

Sounds like a good idea because there's so many people who will just resort to cheats instead of playing the game properly.

Lacerta

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 08:07 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 07:07 PM #343 of 1579
Oh man, everyone has this already ;_;?!?
I certainly hope that Ralts is in either version still. I liked the rarity of finding one in Emerald and having to be patient in order to evolve her to a kick-ass Gardevoir eventually. That'll be my sidekick, if it's possible.

Can anyone confirm the 2 vs. 2 functionality? I tried digging around at gfaqs, and it looks as though you can't do 2 vs. 2 battles with 4 people, but you can with 2?
Yes, Ralts are in the beginning routes of the game but not until you acquire the means to find them.... yay for having to return later :P

There is also a male only evolution of Ralts if you have one (male, obviously) and a Dawn stone.

Yeah 2vs2 is only for 2 players. Your battle options are Single: 2 Players, Double: 2 players, Mixed: 2 Players, and Multi: 4 Players.

Single and Double are obvious. Mixed is where you look at the opponent's team, take one of their Pokémon and use it in your team ='D. Multi is just one Poké for each player (A 4 player Single, basically).

Yay I caught a Misdreavus

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Lacerta; Apr 21, 2007 at 08:48 PM.
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2007, 09:49 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2007, 10:49 PM #344 of 1579
I wonder what Nintendo are gonna do about the hacked stuff. There's always going to be gameshark codes and shit like that available. I heard awhile back that there's some sort of detection on the pokemon you catch, ie. if you don't catch z pokemon in z location, but you manage to have it at y location, it's flagged as "not legit" and it can vanish when you attempt to trade. Or something like that.

Sounds like a good idea because there's so many people who will just resort to cheats instead of playing the game properly.
A good point from our imprisoned buddy here. When I was at the Pokémon connection tour tehre were some kids who were effectivly walking viruses witht he hacked monsters on their carts. People who traded witht hem, even non hacked monsters found their games bugging up too. It's going to add a whole heap of risk to online trading.

How ya doing, buddy?
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2007, 11:34 AM #345 of 1579
Multi is just one Poké for each player (A 4 player Single, basically).
I don't know about anyone else, but this mode sounds fun.

Also, I don't go EV-training 'cause it's too much effort and it's way too boring, so I'm probably gonna lose in online battles. Oh well. I'll still try some, 'cause it's fun.

Lacerta

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2007, 01:57 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2007, 12:57 PM #346 of 1579
It was an apparent rumour that the game would punish you for changing the date/time in order to get certain things.

But I just acquired Drifloon (Friday Daytime only) last night... so much for that =o

How ya doing, buddy?
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2007, 07:15 AM #347 of 1579
Everyone's too busy playing to post, I see.

Am I the only one who keeps pressing Start for the menu 'cause every other Pokémon game used Start? It's hard to get used to X now :(

Riku's a Grotle now :3

Lacerta

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2007, 08:08 AM Local time: Apr 23, 2007, 07:08 AM #348 of 1579
Hmm, I'm not too busy, I've just been grinding (thx EXP Share) the Tradeable evolution pokemon so that I can promptly cram them into the box.

So far I've done Machoke -> Machamp and Kadabra -> Alakazam. I didn't do Haunter -> Gengar but I did it for Icetron so I got the pokedex info for it, so not gonna bother :3

Geodude is one level away from becoming a Graveler, then I'm gonna turn that into a Golem.

I'm right outside Gym #3, I'll probably grind my pokemon to their next evolution forms before I fight the leader. Mostly because I want my Staravia to learn Aerial Ace, and then turn it into a Staraptor later. Same w/ Monferno, I want to get that to learn Close Combat and then evolve into Infernape. Luxio into Luxray, etc.

But that's only because there are two pokemon breeders outside the city that have a pokemon that gives almost 1000 experience, and then they have two other pokemon as well. So it's pretty much a level just battling those two. Not counting all the Ponyta and stuff in the grass that gives 300+, or the Chanseys that give 600+

<3 VS. Seeker

Also it seems the starter pokemon are really crappy this time around. My Ponyta and Machamp are much stronger than my Monferno, except my Monferno has almost double the stats of Ponyta & Machamp (for ATT and SP ATT anyway). Probably because it doesn't learn any good moves until it's about to evolve into Infernape.

Furthermore, hatching that Happiny was probably the most exciting thing ever. I've been debating on using the stone I found in the Zui Ruins.. or somewhere. Basically the stone to turn Happiny into Chansey. Not sure if there is another poke that uses that stone.

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2007, 11:24 AM #349 of 1579
Hold on, by item to be able to find Ralts, do you mean the National Pokedex ;_;? Sort of eliminates the point, and I'll need to find another cute psychic to replace it early on.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lacerta

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2007, 12:15 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2007, 11:15 AM #350 of 1579
Hold on, by item to be able to find Ralts, do you mean the National Pokedex ;_;? Sort of eliminates the point, and I'll need to find another cute psychic to replace it early on.
Sadly yes, you need PokéRadar + National Dex to find them :E

Also, the GTS (Global Trade System) is awesome. Japan is very kind. I wanted the starters but had nothing to offer, so I simply put up some joke poké for fun (like a Lv. 16 Zubat), and they gave me a Piplup for it Not just any Piplup though, a Lv. 1 hatched Piplup with expert movesets already.

Very awesome.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] How do you get 3,000 pikachus on a bus? POKEMON!