Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Ver. 214. Gobble Gobble Gobble, Slurp Slurp Slurp

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2008, 06:57 PM #1251 of 1567
What I meant was geared more to the system lock up thing, than the error code.
WHATEVER. >=( I just want the thing to work smoothly. ;___;

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

#654: Braixen
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2008, 07:55 PM #1252 of 1567
Same case for me. It seems different each time depending on the error I get. I can't see to connect to Miles' games, so I don't know what's happening there.
LOL. It's the same with me but in this case I DON'T GET AN ERROR CODE/MESSAGE! It just keep me waiting on the Practices Stage for about 20 minutes and I doubt Miles set his match for more than 21 minutes.

I played with Kairyu and Kagosin last night. It was such an epic match even with the lag while I'm using the LAN adapter.
I guess the latency will always be huge from Rhode Island and Hawaii.

Also, my other brother is out to wherever he goes for about 1-2 weeks so bandwidth should be free when I play online.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sparhawke
Scientific progress goes Boink

Member 338

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2008, 08:01 PM Local time: Apr 5, 2008, 06:01 PM #1253 of 1567
Just a thought, maybe in the FC list include region where people are so they know if a person is too far to help eliminate those if your list is filling up. Like I live in CA,USA. I suspect that's why I've had problems connecting to some people's games.

Most amazing jew boots
Kagosin
Why don't you look at it.

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2008, 11:44 PM #1254 of 1567
LOL. It's the same with me but in this case I DON'T GET AN ERROR CODE/MESSAGE! It just keep me waiting on the Practices Stage for about 20 minutes and I doubt Miles set his match for more than 21 minutes.

I played with Kairyu and Kagosin last night. It was such an epic match even with the lag while I'm using the LAN adapter.
I guess the latency will always be huge from Rhode Island and Hawaii.

Also, my other brother is out to wherever he goes for about 1-2 weeks so bandwidth should be free when I play online.
Yea. Kairyu did a cheap move with Kirby in one of the matches....which eliminated me out......the jerk....

Though lag hit me heavy during a few of those matches, leading up to 1-3 second delays....which was aggrivating me.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2008, 11:53 PM Local time: Apr 5, 2008, 06:53 PM 4 #1255 of 1567
Yea. Kairyu did a cheap move with Kirby in one of the matches....which eliminated me out......the jerk....

Though lag hit me heavy during a few of those matches, leading up to 1-3 second delays....which was aggrivating me.
You can't deny Kirby's legitimate swallowing suicide strategy =D. For some odd reason it's far more effective in Brawl than in Melee.

Oh, the lag was almost nonexistent on my end. If you ignore the occasional 1 to 2 second input lag that happens every once in awhile.

FELIPE NO
Kagosin
Why don't you look at it.

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2008, 01:12 AM #1256 of 1567
You can't deny Kirby's legitimate swallowing suicide strategy =D. For some odd reason it's far more effective in Brawl than in Melee.

Oh, the lag was almost nonexistent on my end. If you ignore the occasional 1 to 2 second input lag that happens every once in awhile.
Well I definitely was smashing buttons to try and get out of it.

Plus, I should get my hands on a lan adapter for the system, but there isn't any in the area I'm in currently.

Most amazing jew boots
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2008, 02:20 AM #1257 of 1567
Hey, it's the start of a new week. More updates!

Here's something useful! Today's update: Secret Element List

Every secret about the game is in that entry. Also, final update in one week.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 7, 2008, 09:45 AM Local time: Apr 8, 2008, 12:45 AM #1258 of 1567
Hey guys this is fucking arse online, tee hee Australia connecting to the real worlds servers just doesn't work. I'd post my fiend code but with one hand I can barely play this game at all. :] I still beat the CPU a few times on ultra 64 easy though, because they're all hurdy guh fuh and run right off the edges. When my hand gets better I'll beat you all in the glory of choppy one frame per second online bullshit glory.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:11 AM Local time: Apr 8, 2008, 01:41 AM #1259 of 1567
Hey guys this is fucking arse online, tee hee Australia connecting to the real worlds servers just doesn't work. I'd post my fiend code but with one hand I can barely play this game at all. :] I still beat the CPU a few times on ultra 64 easy though, because they're all hurdy guh fuh and run right off the edges. When my hand gets better I'll beat you all in the glory of choppy one frame per second online bullshit glory.
I'm assuming you've at least played with Grub, so is it still plenty laggy when playing online with him?

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:25 AM Local time: Apr 8, 2008, 01:25 AM #1260 of 1567
Yeah, locally or overseas, it's a mess.

Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:40 AM #1261 of 1567
Of course it's laggy. It's still talking to a server in the US to relay all the information before it travels back to Australia on both ends. In fact with the sorry state of the smash network it might be worse for him to play someone in Kangaroo Country than someone in Eagle Land.

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:04 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2008, 01:34 PM #1262 of 1567
Cool. I didn't realise that how the online structure worked.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2008, 02:07 AM #1263 of 1567
Today's update: All Trophies

Basically a checklist, just like all the other updates as of recently.

FELIPE NO
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2008, 10:20 AM #1264 of 1567
Yeah, playing with my friends who lives in the same city works out to still really laggy, but playing with people from different cities usually turns out not be as much or not to be at all. It's a funny funny online system dependent on more than location.

I am getting frustrated in Boss Battles mode currently. Still at 9 on Very Hard with Lucas, tactics of d+A spam for <10 seconds for ground-based enemies and 2/3 PK Thunder cycles for aerial enemies. I've tried spam tactics with several other characters since Squall Hammer with Ice Climbers, aerial chains with Ness and an aerial focused Peach all seem to produce great results. My problem appears to be falling for instant death attacks like Meta Ridley's ship thump or being grasped by Tabuu's golden pincers. When it's not that, it's usually Duon or Porky whenever I miss my chance to 0% them. I also make silly mistakes like getting taking a hit from Petey Piranha or not keeping a pure distance game with Porky.

Tips that have worked for others?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2008, 12:50 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2008, 10:50 AM #1265 of 1567
I am getting frustrated in Boss Battles mode currently. Still at 9 on Very Hard with Lucas, tactics of d+A spam for <10 seconds for ground-based enemies and 2/3 PK Thunder cycles for aerial enemies. I've tried spam tactics with several other characters since Squall Hammer with Ice Climbers, aerial chains with Ness and an aerial focused Peach all seem to produce great results. My problem appears to be falling for instant death attacks like Meta Ridley's ship thump or being grasped by Tabuu's golden pincers. When it's not that, it's usually Duon or Porky whenever I miss my chance to 0% them. I also make silly mistakes like getting taking a hit from Petey Piranha or not keeping a pure distance game with Porky.

Tips that have worked for others?
I just took a hint from that Flawless Meta Knight Boss Battle Youtube posted a few weeks back and used Meta Knight to do it on all the difficulties. His aerial neutral-A is beast, and then you just stay flying as you strike a bunch of times. I'm not flawless, but I can get by the Hands, the Ridleys, Petey, and sometimes Galleom (and sometimes Tabuu) without getting hit at all. I don't understand Porky, Rayquaza, or Duon yet, but I just duke it out. I usually only use 1 or 2 hearts too, so it really only comes down to avoiding Tabuu's instant KO moves.

waka waka

sanemonkey • twitter • last.fm • gfw • backlog • youtube • xbox
Alastor
...Or is it?

Member 29243

Level 3.09

Apr 2008

Old Apr 8, 2008, 01:24 PM #1266 of 1567
Yeah, playing with my friends who lives in the same city works out to still really laggy, but playing with people from different cities usually turns out not be as much or not to be at all. It's a funny funny online system dependent on more than location.
It is a strange system... Two cousins of mine live exactly 14 miles away, and I have a yellow connection with them. It's always been yellow, no better. On a couple of days it's been orange or red... Yet with a girl I play with in Michigan, I have a green connection all the time, unless we're playing with two other people or a third person on the west coast.

Most amazing jew boots
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2008, 01:33 PM #1267 of 1567
No one on my list is a green conneciton. ;_;

But local gameplay online isn't really all that good. I will agree it's weird since I have a friend who lives about three blocks away from me. I get more lag from him than I do facing Kairyu who's almost thousands of miles away from me.

Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2008, 01:55 PM #1268 of 1567
People, there's a simple solution to help "fix" the lagging issue: ditch your cable internet! Brawl use lots of bandwidth so your ISP is like "lolz throttled tyme!" */unhelpful*

Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2008, 04:55 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2008, 03:55 PM 1 #1269 of 1567
The only reason there's lag for anybody really is because nobody knows how to configure their Wii and router so that the connection is made faster. It involves going into your router's DMZ settings as well as going into the Wii's options to modify the Internet settings (specifically Auto-Obtain IP Address, Auto-Obtain DNS and MTU Value).

And file-sharing, too. Using up your internet's bandwidth to play Brawl and transfer stuff online at the same time really slows it down. You gotta cut off your FTP, torrents, Soulseek, HTTP downloads, EVERYTHING.

Maybe I ought to write a small tutorial on this stuff.

Edit: Wait, what's wrong with this advice, Iwata. Isn't this something everyone should be aware of...?

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Basil; Apr 8, 2008 at 05:29 PM.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2008, 05:08 PM #1270 of 1567
No, no, no, no and no. A better router does not a faster online gaming service make. A large part of it involves the games netcode itself, and not to be an ass or anything, but what we have here is a large and clear example of mediocrity at its best.

I can say this because of the countless games I've played over Live using the same settings, my experience has been near flawless (bridging/network tampering aside, but that has nothing to do with Live). Not to say that not having torrents and other shit running while playing online won't help (QoS, do you use it), it's not going to make all the problems go away if the service you're using to play the game sucks.

quazi
I apologize for nothing!

Member 353

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2008, 05:12 PM #1271 of 1567
Call of Duty 4 on Xbox Live is very playable on campus, while my Wii plays at about 5 fps online. It is not simply the fault of routers, but rather horribly inefficient netcode. It's kind of annoying too as no one here is particularly good at the game.

FELIPE NO

"Oh sirrah"
-Hedonism Bot
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2008, 05:16 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2008, 04:16 PM #1272 of 1567
I'm not saying you have to have a great router to play Brawl smoothly, but what do I know. I don't play a whole lot of video games nowadays and Brawl's the only reason why I wanted a Wii real badly. And from what I've been hearing Nintendo's online capabilities isn't on par as other developers anyway, right? =/

How ya doing, buddy?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2008, 05:20 PM #1273 of 1567
I'm not saying you have to have a great router to play Brawl smoothly, but what do I know. I don't play a whole lot of video games nowadays and Brawl's the only reason why I wanted a Wii real badly. And from what I've been hearing Nintendo's online capabilities isn't on par as other developers anyway, right? =/
Sadly, no. It's understandable since online really hasn't been their priority for quite some time now, and is really more of an afterthought, but it'd be really super awesome sweet if they could get it together sometime soon, as most of us really would like to have regular amounts of online Wii stuff going, but the system itself is tedious and needs a complete overhaul, and this guy details it a lot better than I could.

In short, we hate because we love. Soon as they get it right I'll be all over their nuts though, no lie.

But that's enough derailment from me. Next post will be about no items, fox only. Bet on it.

Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2008, 05:21 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2008, 12:21 PM #1274 of 1567
Of course nintendo implements horrible netcode, that's a given . But the steps I passed onto Basil did help him get noticeably less lag in SSBB. So why not follow those steps?
True, you can make a go around and use the QoS mode in your router if you MUST have p2p stuff running 24/7. Keep in mind not everyone's router is the same.

*I always thought part of the reason xbl runs well through most setups is because it's actually compatible with many routers UPnP setups.*

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2008, 06:14 PM #1275 of 1567
...or it could be the nature of a online "fighting" game. If you look at my latest Mario Kart Wii post, there was no lag when I was playing against people from Canada and Europe (I was playing the PAL copy BTW). I even have torrent and a fserve on IRC running and the game runs fine.

Brawl is one of those game that's really was made to play locally and the online feature was just a small bonus that people was bitching to Nintendo to include it. They did their best and the only way you'll get a semi-lag free game if you have an ISP that doesn't throttled your connection, FiOS or living in Japan. */2 cents*

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Ver. 214. Gobble Gobble Gobble, Slurp Slurp Slurp