Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Nighthead Genesis

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2006, 05:33 AM #1 of 17
Nighthead Genesis

Once again, these are one of those animes that you'd see back in the 90's =].

The story starts off with Naoya and Naota hanging out in the living room while their father "secretly" drugged two cups of juices for them. In that event, A man takes them away to a isolated laboratory where they get tested and live there forever.

The reason for them being captured and sent away is because the brothers both share a special talent. Naoya has the ability to read minds when he touches people while Naota has a badass telekenetic abiltiy to ruin shit around him.

15 years later, The Kirihara bros. escape the lab to go all the way back home. Nothing else is told here, only thing is that an old man,Misaki, mentioned that they are the trigger to the Minus Energy once they are out of the lab.

The length is 24 episodes. This anime looks good as well. I'll edit later for some pics,etc.

Episode 1 - Memory http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/[Shinsen-...C].avi.torrent

Episode 2 - Contact http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/[Shinsen-...8].avi.torrent

Episode 3 - Impatience http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/[Shinsen-...1].avi.torrent

Episode 4 - Trace http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/[Shinsen-...F].avi.torrent

Episode 5 - Reminiscencehttp://bt.shinsen-subs.org/[Shinsen-...2].avi.torrent

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by chato; Mar 15, 2007 at 07:25 PM.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 11:31 AM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 10:31 AM #2 of 17
I'm really looking forward to this (as I said in the 'new anime' thread some time ago), because I actually enjoyed the prequel to this series, Sci-fi HARRY. Night Head was also a live-action TV show in Japan some time in the early 90s, with a movie coming out sometime around the ending of the series. The premise for both is similar, as Harry in the prequel was taken away by some people to a lab because he exhibited a stunning ability to destroy things through telekenisis -- despite not wanting to actually cause any harm.

This show looks more promising than SF Harry, if only because the production values and storyline look a little better. However, if anybody likes this one, then I definitely suggest checking out the prequel.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 01:53 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 10:53 AM #3 of 17
I managed to see the first episode a few days ago. It looks very intriguing so far, and the previews for the next episode make me wonder where the brothers will go from there.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:12 AM #4 of 17
I updated the first two episodes by Shinsen Subs. Sorry for not updating much on this . Will work on it now.

Episode2 - Contact >=]

Spoiler:
The whole episode was a few customers and a man named Jin conversating how psychics and all that supernatural stuff isn't all real . When he looked at Naota, he was this close to unleashing his power til Naoya pushed him away and accidently touched Jin ; making him see his fucked up past. Still on the provocative side, Naota had no choice but to show Jin a taste of power by bending the spoon and the fork the second time. Jin knocked him out, His gf ,Hiroko,went to touch Naoya and he was able to see almost half of the bar's customers having a FuckFest of their life with Hiroko. They were denying it for a bit .. Jin was going to knock her out with a chair and so, Naota goes crazy. Blowing up lights and causing everyone at the bar to bleed from their mouth,noses and i believe the ears. Naoya stops him Two people left and bumped into Naoya; making him feel more pain and watching a past of the the two people killing an innocent girl.

They leave the bar and scene changes to a home where a mother is crying for her daughter Shouko. If you've seen episode 1, you'll know what im talking about. Miki (her friend) holds on to this notebook and to keep it under her care.

I have higher hopes for this anime and i hope the rest of the story goes well. You wont be dissapointed.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 12:28 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 09:28 AM #5 of 17
Sounds interesting (especially after reading the spoiler for episode 2, chato :P). This one's on my 'to watch' list once I get a new computer.

I was speaking idiomatically.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 12:42 PM #6 of 17
Its been a while, man. But i have to get this off my chest.

Ok, Kurad, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? lol remove it. (your av and sig that is)

You didn't have to read . But the spoiler for ep 2 should boost everyone's interest since they aren't feelin Innocent Venus as much as this.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 02:12 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 11:12 AM #7 of 17
Hahaha, this av/sig owns, chato. But I'll be getting rid of it eventually. Need to find some new material.

I wanted to read the spoilers. It's too tempting NOT to read 'em.

FELIPE NO
bighunt
Driving under the radar....

Member 608

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 12:24 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 01:24 PM #8 of 17
I'm enjoying this so far. it looks to be pretty good.

Spoiler:
i think most normal people would be afraid if they saw what the brothers did in the bar. i m okst defintiely would freak. i can't blame Jin for being pissed off about the psychics. if my mom ran away from me w/a "psychic", i'd have a chip on my shoulder too.Plus, his girlfriend had a god-damn orgy w/the other dudes.... lol. that sucks! damn....

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
espressivo
Chocobo

Member 1378

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 07:48 PM #9 of 17
Looks good, I'll probably start watching it once at least 10 episodes come out. I hate waiting a long time for new episodes to come out (ergo proxy), unless of course shinsen subs this series without a 3+ week delay in between episodes.

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 05:19 PM #10 of 17
Originally Posted by Kurado
Hahaha, this av/sig owns, chato. But I'll be getting rid of it eventually. Need to find some new material.

I wanted to read the spoilers. It's too tempting NOT to read 'em.
at least you got rid of the sig...o.o; lol

I just uploaded Episode 3 of NHG. For those who are with me and probably seen it before me. Do tell.

EDIT :

Episode 3 - Impatience

Spoiler:
The episode continues from where it left off when Miki was talking to the cops about Shouko. She tells them that she'll eventually come back cause she vanishes from time to time. Then outside of Earth, Shouko is floating around looking at the past and all the way to the present (Yes that also includes the World Trade Center being shown as well. Im pretty sure that will be edited out in the US version) which is now The Bros being a big threat to the world (kinda makes sense now ...).

The scene switches back to the bros at the hotel. Naoya is still suffering from his powers as he continues to see more murders from the two couples. Aside from the other deaths, This one that Reiko pulled off was picking up a girl to give her a ride to whatever. She then grabs a some kind of metal stick and beats her face to death with it and so on o.o; . The scene switches back to Naota thinking about his past and shows more scenes with that Old Misaki guy at the Laboratory; Giving the bros. one glare and scene fades away.

Meanwhile at Night, Reiko (The female Murderer) wakes up and sees a weird looking scary eye that always watches over her (through her own eyes). With Jiro trying to calm her down, she notices the eye above his forehead-- Ending up kicking his ass in the end lol. Keep in mind that all the victim's are women and they all wear Purple O.o.

Naoya and Naota hang out a little figuring out the situation with those two people. Naoya is now able to see Ghosts and is haunted like a bitch . Scene goes back to Jiro and Reiko. With Jiro having no problems, Reiko is still seeing illusions in front of her eyes; driving her crazy.

Then the rest of the scene is just normal gossip with the bros til the Elder Misaki explains destruction and barriers. Naoya , with his powers, was able to locate the place where Reiko and Jiro are going to kill the 5th victim And thats where episode 4 comes in

A very good episode. The story is progressing little by little now that we know who the elder guy is.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by chato; Aug 9, 2006 at 07:59 PM.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 11:02 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 11:02 PM #11 of 17
This looks really promising, and I'm trying to download the first episode, but it'll be a while. :/

Edit: Actually, it finished quickly. As I'm watching it though, I'm reminded of X TV. This episode has a very CLAMPish feel to it. Who produced this series anyway?

How ya doing, buddy?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge

Last edited by SouthJag; Aug 10, 2006 at 11:42 PM.
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 01:17 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 07:17 PM #12 of 17
I'm in this Anime aswell.

Just saw 3rd episode yesterday and it was quite boring comparing to first two. To much horror scenes and this... how to call it, obsession about violet clothes? There is still to much unknown to fully understand this anime so I'll just wait for few another episodes and re watch it again. Till then I'll stick to it.

Waiting for 4th episode.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 03:13 PM #13 of 17
Well, it's been a matter of weeks. I updated the first post with episode 4 and 5 of NHG by our trusting group, Shinsen. I'll keep it short and sweet with episode 4. Ever since their "delay" with the episodes. I got bored but if it wasn't for episode 5, i'd probably scrap this thread. Good thing.

Episode 4 : Trace

Spoiler:
The two killers kidnaps a girl wearing purple, As we all remember episode 3 when Reiko has this obsession of killing innocent girls who wear violet clothing. Around that time, Naoya and Naota figured out the whereabouts of the killers. They rush over there before Reiko and Jiro drop her from the rooftop. As soon as they let go, Naota saved the innocenet girl using his mind tricks. Reiko thought she was done until the "eye" kept fucking with her mind, she decided to fall over . With Naota all drained out, he was unable to rescue her from her demise and met with concrete. Naota and Naoya are now heading back to hometown. What events and past will come next?

be back in a few for a review on episode 5. Things just got interesting and I love how the past develops their background. Guess I'm a sucker for it ;p

Episode 5 : Reminiscence

Spoiler:

Naota being the first newborn, already knew how to move things around starting with a toy truck. His parents were watching as it goes all around him. His father checked if there were any batteries;thus, he started to notice Naota's supernatural ability. At the age of 6, Naoya was born and life went a little normal til one day, a family came to sign some sort of agreement with the Kirihara's . As the father was signing the doc, the daughter (from the bros' eyes) seem to be a very snotty and bitch girl who treats people like shit. Afterwards, the family were leaving off til the bros stopped them and we enter Naoya's ability to read minds. He touched the father and looked at a very crazy past with him in a bar with girls, his past cause poor Naoya to suffer in front of his parents. So Naoya became the "Johnny ass punk" and snitched lol.

Scene changes back to present and they stop by this place called the "Doll House". So it goes back to the past once more to explain the situation of a little girl they encountered in a playground. As they glared on at the girl and her father, Naoya could already sensed something terrible had happened. In addition to Naota's behavior, his father has told him not to go to school anymore due to his powers and the people he hurts. Meanwhile, Naoya looks out the window and sees that little girl outside staring at him . Naota goes to his room, Doesn't see Naoya, he finds him outside with the girl and as he touched her face. He was terrified and went to the hospital. He suffered a breakdown while Naota was trying to see whats up, he chose to go over to the doll house to see what is with the house. He snuck in and can hear a girl crying her voice out. He peeps through the hole and can see the father abusing her by poking and strucking her with a sword all over her body. He gets caught , he uses his powers to knock him out and leaves off with the girl and yells for help. Then the whole "hero-police-help me" crap came up and things were fine. Young Naota heads back to the hospital where Naoya is in bed , broken and not able to hear anyone ; not even his mother. He goes in and gives him the good news and wakes up .

Back to Present time. Naota and Naoya were explaining themselves about the doll house and were a little confused with the doll they had seen with their own eyes. For Naoya , they were blue, while Naota saw Red Eyes and completely forgot about the whole thing and left to find their home. The shocking part of it is they find the place but their home is nowhere to be found. They ask an old lady and she denies it because it was never there ever since she was born. O.o...

Shouko appears before the bros and she vanishes away then another woman comes outta nowhere and we enter episode 6

Looks fun so far... As for episode 6, it is released by AH in mkv format. If you want that go on and pick it up. Im only putting up Shinsen's ^^;.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by chato; Mar 15, 2007 at 07:23 PM.
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:50 AM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 05:50 PM #14 of 17
I told my self that if it will not interest me enough in this episode then I will stop watching this anime. But I want disappointed even for a sec, one of the best episodes so far. Shame that Shinses is releasing so many anime at once not concentrating on any of them enough.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 07:51 PM #15 of 17
After Ignoring the last 3 episodes for a very long time. I decided to finish this series off for one reason. Sci-Fi Harry. I really want to know how the hell is this connected to Night Head Genesis. Why I ask? Simple. Shinsen-subs released the last 8 episodes of Harry and Not only do i love the anime I was also shocked to see that damn ending.

Spoiler:
Harry was just an innocent guy with Telekentic powers (like Naota). He never hurt anyone or intended to. Then we see Chinori get out the damn house and BOOM. The house is blown off and switches to the city where you see a guy that shares half a face from both Harry and Chinori. WTF IS THAT?!
Now how does this start off Night Head , I ask? I don't remember any episode talking about a history that connects with Harry.

And so I say to myself "I might as well finish off NHG since it's some kind of sequel"

I really have no complaints about this anime. None. I liked how everything was explained. As expected from one of the many creators who know how to set up a good plot and make fans raise a shitload of questions when it comes to these Supernatural Psychological type of animes. Only with NH, I wasn't so awed like I was in Harry's story. The ending was just normal and we can only assume that we might get another series that will continue off NH. But I really expected more of a twisted ending. You see shit like that in BoogiePop,Lain,Texhnolyze and Paranoia Agent.

But now I'm also realizing how there's a certain connection between Harry and Nighthead. Ever since that whole Accuser thing in Sci-Fi Harry, I thought that maybe these people(the subjects) who died and killed innocent people where probably the same as Chinori and Harry while the Kirihara brothers (with power) along Dr. Mikuriya (whatever his name is) ended up being the observers to either save or fail to not be in time. (Thus the Accusers like Detective Stafford,Catherine and John). I know I'm probably blowing things out of proportion here but this has me interested and I want to know if the end of Sci-Fi Harry was different in the manga. I just hope we get a third installment to this. I really enjoyed it.

9/10 - Only because the ending wasn't as twisted as it should be ;p.

So did anyone else give this a watch???

FELIPE NO

Last edited by chato; Mar 15, 2007 at 07:59 PM.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 09:30 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 08:30 AM #16 of 17
Shinsen subbed SF Harry?
Damn...I went and bought a really godawful HK sub of it a couple years ago because nobody seemed like they were going to pick it up. So...there's no direct connection between Harry and Night Head? I can't really keep up on anime when I'm at University, so I've basically watched the first ep of NH .

Most amazing jew boots
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 04:23 PM #17 of 17
I can't say for sure if it is or not. I mean there was probably one thing that they left unsolved but everything else was basically a normal Heroic show for the two main characters. You'll get the whole picture once you reach episode 14 or 15. From there I don't know how this connects to Harry's story but just my little crazy theory I had in my previous post.

They can definately make a second season that would connect to Harry , no problem. For those who seen the ending of Harry should know what I mean. Night Head's ending just makes you feel content that everything's alright but just how are things going to last in their current lifetime.

I see this show as underrated and no one is really giving it a chance. If anybody, I think ADV should pick up Harry and Night Head. I'll cop' those any day.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Nighthead Genesis