Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

24 Season 6 Anticipation Thread
Closed Thread

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 03:19 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 02:19 PM #1 of 134
24 Season 6 Anticipation Thread

More and more info about season 6 keeps coming out as we get closer and closer to the start of the season (only five months away now), so instead of still posting in the season 5 thread, I figured we might as well get a new place to discuss all of this stuff.

First off, things like casting info and info about the characters could spoil things for some people, so keep those things and discussions about them in spoiler tags. Other than that, everything should be able to be discussed without using spoiler tags.

So here's the new casting news from earlier this week. Just want to note, this is coming from a man who usually reports spoilers and stuff, but while there's a chance the news is not accurate, it most likely is.

Spoiler:
Originally Posted by Michael Ausiello on tvguide.com

24 Exclusive: Look Who's Returning!

Just got off the phone with my 24 mole and he/she informs me that Eric Balfour has signed on to reprise his Season 1 role as independent CTU contractor Milo Pressman. My spy wouldn't say how Milo would be re-introduced, but he'll be sticking around for a while: Balfour will be credited as a series regular. (If you need a refresher on who Milo is, click here.)

In other 24 news, former Star Trek: Deep Space Nine doc Alexander Siddig is joining the cast as one of the evildoers behind the big Season 6 plot. Additionally, Carlo Rota (aka Mr. Chloe O'Brian) will be back as a series regular.

Source

My thoughts:
Wow, I can't believe they're bringing Milo back of all people. Between this and Wayne being President now, they have quite a few things to explain. Also, I'm glad to see Chloe's ex come back, as he was barely seen last season due to only being in the last two episodes. He has the potential to be a good character, but I'm wondering what capacity they could use him in for the whole season.

Jack Bauer Task Force coming like what.

So feel free to post any 24 news you find, or discuss any of the existing news already posted (just remember to follow the rules about the spoiler tags).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 04:56 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 04:56 PM #2 of 134
Man, it sucks that we have to wait all the way until January 2007 for Season Six. But, I waited that long for Serason Five, I guess I can do it for Serason Six. I got this stuff from 24fan.blogpot.com:
Spoiler:
About S6 in this tv.com article:

Sutherland that said in the upcoming season his character will be a shell of man, tired of all the death that surrounded him in season five. "[Bauer's] at the end of his line," the actor confided. "Something's going to have to really rejuvenate him from the position that he's in...he'll come from a really deep, dark place."
He also says S6 picks up more than a year later. Per sources that have read the first script, it's actually 2 years after he's on that slow boat to China.

Spoiler:
Kiefer Sutherland tells London's The Observer that Season 6 of 24 "will take a slightly different turn" as Jack Bauer faces his next very bad day. "We've had five years of him saving a large thing; this [season] is much more about him saving his own ass," says the actor. "He’ll go from being the one who hunts people down to the one who's being hunted" — and still, amazingly, never make time for a bite of a panini or even a quick trip to see a man about a horse.

""Numb3rs" and "Ally McBeal" actor Peter MacNicol is joining 24 next season as a series regular. The actor will portray a high-ranking government official."

"Much speculation on the various 24 boards about the role of Wayne Palmer's wife in the S6 storyline.
Regina King has been cast as a regular. She plays Wayne and David Palmer's sister -- an advocacy lawyer named Angela Palmer.

UPDATE: Entertainment Weekly's Popwatch asks an interesting question: Can a strong black woman actually survive a season of 24 without being devious, imperious or just plain evil?"

Spoiler from Kim Raver:

Spoiler:
From the TV Critics during the junket for her new ABC show:
"They are keeping Audrey alive," Raver said of Jack Bauer's great love, who must be wondering where the hell he is. "Hopefully it will be me going back to play Audrey and not someone else. And there's a specific reason that I can't get into now."

Spoiler:
Season 6 in NYC

Producers for the hit Fox series 24 confirm they have been in talks with New York city officials about filming "some" of season six there.

Would Jack stop to get a good bagel or a Sabrett hot dog? Maybe take in a Broadway show? This article says it might just happen.

But even more exciting?

Surnow also told Ausiello that fans can expect a return visit from the disgraced President Logan, played by Gregory Itzin, and his feisty wife, Martha, played by Jean Smart.

------------

That's all the stuff I have so far.

xman25

Double Post:
These two things I got from http://24fan.blogspot.com/

1) "From The Ausiello Report:

Eric Balfour has signed on to reprise his Season 1 role as independent CTU contractor Milo Pressman. My spy wouldn't say how Milo would be re-introduced, but he'll be sticking around for a while: Balfour will be credited as a series regular.

Former Star Trek: Deep Space Nine doc Alexander Siddig is joining the cast as one of the evildoers behind the big Season 6 plot. Additionally, Carlo Rota (aka Mr. Chloe O'Brian) will be back as a series regular."
--

Something to watch for: 2) "Next week on the 24 stages, Kiefer and Mary Lynn are shooting a special spoof video with Conan O'Brien for the Emmy telecast. So it wasn't enough that 24 got the most freaking nominations for a series, and the fact that Kiefer is confirmed to be a presenter. Now I'm gonna have to tune in on August 27th just to see this video. Conan has the best writers, so I'm predicting it will be hilarious."
--

xman25

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by xman25; Aug 16, 2006 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 09:09 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 07:09 PM #3 of 134
Osnap. (xman25, fix your first set of spoiler tags there )

Spoiler:
Peter MacNicol joining in is intersting. He's an entertaining guy, but he always has a comic demeanor with his characters. It'll be fun.

Two years after?! Holy crap...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Tama8-chan
Good Chocobo

Member 952

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 09:23 PM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 01:23 PM #4 of 134
Spoiler:
Wait, Wayne Palmer is President now?! When did that happen?
I missed most of Season 5 when it was on TV, so I had to read it on the episode guide. I watched the 2 final episode, and when I saw the men pull their masks to reveal that they were Chinese, I just yelled out a massive "HOLY FUCK!". That was just a fucking awesome way to end it, and a GREAT teaser into what S6 would be like!

I can't fucking wait!!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
www.Pietriots.com
Click to receive beer

Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2006, 05:08 AM Local time: Aug 17, 2006, 12:08 PM #5 of 134
I knew they were chinese as soon as the chinese dude told jack he had a phone call :P. Anyway this sounds great as always. Hopefully they kill Jack in this season

Most amazing jew boots
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 12:08 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 11:08 AM #6 of 134
More casting news:

Originally Posted by tvguide.com's Entertainment News

Kumar, Minus Harold, Goes to 24

Kal Penn, the latter half of Harold & Kumar and who more recently appeared in Superman Returns, has been cast on Fox's 24 in the recurring role of a man associated with an Islamic guru/mosque leader who might be involved in a terrorist plot — because we haven’t already been there/done that at least once before. But hey, maybe Penn's character can tell us where Behrooz is.
I thought this guy was just a comedy actor, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of dynamic he brings to the show. I have to admit though, the character sounds a little generic.

How ya doing, buddy?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 12:13 PM #7 of 134
Ugh, he was just lame in Superman Returns (almost an eyesore).

I hope he acts better in the show.

FELIPE NO
Vivace119
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1279

Level 21.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 12:44 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 06:44 PM #8 of 134
Quote:
n other 24 news, former Star Trek: Deep Space Nine doc Alexander Siddig is joining the cast as one of the evildoers behind the big Season 6 plot.
I was a big DS9 fan and I'm excited that Siddig could be joining the cast of this great show. He recently played good part in Syriana, I'm not sure what else he has been in since DS9 finished though.

Quote:
Also, I'm glad to see Chloe's ex come back, as he was barely seen last season due to only being in the last two episodes. He has the potential to be a good character, but I'm wondering what capacity they could use him in for the whole season.
I agree. I felt as though he had a powerful presence despite the short time he was on screen though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 10:46 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 10:46 PM #9 of 134
From wikipedia, some of the things are repeats from earlier posts in this thread, but a number of things aren't. I didn't feel like editing things out. So here you go:

Spoiler:
Background
----------
Towards the end of the fourth season, with authorization from the White House, Jack Bauer invaded the Los Angeles Chinese consulate. As a result of this raid, the Chinese consul was accidentally killed by an embassy guard. CTU field agent Howard Bern, who was involved in the raid, was identified by the Chinese and illegally taken in for questioning, where he was told that he would be put on a slow boat to China before being transferred to a maximum security prison on Chinese / Siberian border. The United States government and his family would not be notified, he would have no chance of escape. He eventually broke and told the Chinese that the man that led the raid was Jack Bauer. The Chinese contacted the American Government and demanded that the US government hand Bauer over so that he could be placed in a Chinese prison camp, where he would spend the rest of his life. Rather than risk a nuclear war with China, the White House ordered Jack to turn himself in to the Chinese government. However, Walt Cummings ordered the Secret Service agent that was going to arrest Jack to kill him instead. Jack was warned of this by David Palmer and faked his own death. At the end of the fifth season, after having spent the intervening eighteen months in hiding, Jack was captured by the Chinese and was last seen imprisoned on a Shanghai registered container ship. Jack's girlfriend Audrey Raines notices his disappearance and reports it to CTU.

President Charles Logan has been arrested by federal marshals on the orders of the Attorney General and Vice President Hal Gardner due to a taped confession in which Logan admitted his involvement with the events of the day to his wife, Martha. Logan will either resign or face impeachment and most likely criminal charges.

Known Details
----------
1) Some of the events of Day 6 will take place (and reportedly be shot on location) in New York City. However, Co-Executive Producer Jon Cassar told Ecran Large, "Honestly, I have no idea where this one came out from. All I can say is that we're starting the preps mid-July in L.A. and that's where we're going to shoot." In a later interview the producers actually admitted to this idea being scrapped, finding that the same plot can be carried out in L.A. and would prevent location disorientation.

2) Joel Surnow said at the Heritage Foundation that the President's storyline would take place in Washington D.C.. He also said that Aaron Pierce would be there, protecting the President.

3) The terrorists will be of Middle Eastern origin and one of the them will be undercover in Simi Valley.

4) Kiefer Sutherland said in an interview that: "We've had five years of [Jack Bauer] saving a large thing; this one's much more about him saving his own ass. He'll go from being the one who hunts people down to the one who's being hunted, so that in itself turns the show around."
While Kim Raver will return as Audrey Raines, she has said that she won't be on the show every week, but has said that she hopes to be in "a couple storylines." She is interested in being in both the sixth season as well as the upcoming movie but will have to work around her shooting schedule for The Nine in order to do so.

5) Wayne Palmer will now be the President of the United States. Also appearing will be the sister of Wayne and the late David Palmer, Angela, who will be played by Regina King.

6) Jean Smart has said that she and Gregory Itzin are likely to return to the series, but it seems unlikely that they would be regular members of the cast.

7) Co-Executive Producer and Director Jon Cassar speculated that a successful terrorist attack already had happened at the beginning of the new season. He quote: "What would be the situation if something like 10 nuclear bombs had already exploded in a row all around the country?". This way, the season start after the terrorist menace, with Jack trying to fix the situation, and not prevent like always have been.

8) Jon Cassar has stated that the Season 5 DVD release of 24 will contain a special prequel short to season 6, just as the last two DVD releases have done - showing glimpses of Jack's life in between seasons. It will also be released online.

9) According to the August 14-20, 2006 issue of TV Guide Magazine, Season 6 begins with Jack "two months into his Chinese incarceration." Director Jon Cassar remarks that "He's not the same Jack we've seen before... He's beaten down, a weakened shell."

10) Also in the August 14-20 TV Guide issue, Cassar states that Season 6 begins "in the midst of America being terrorized... Something horrible has already happened, so we start in a mood of national paranoia and fear and go from there."

Cast
-------
The following have been confirmed to return:

Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer

James Morrison as Bill Buchanan

Gregory Itzin as Charles Logan

Jean Smart as Martha Logan

Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O'Brian

Carlo Rota as Morris O'Brian

D.B. Woodside as Wayne Palmer

Glenn Morshower as Aaron Pierce

Kim Raver as Audrey Raines

Eric Balfour as Milo Pressman

The following are new additions to the series:

Regina King as Angela Palmer

Peter MacNicol as a High-Ranking Government Official

Alexander Siddig as One of the Evildoers Behind the Big Season 6 plot

Marisol Nichols as The New Head of CTU

Michael Angarano as Scott

Kal Penn as a man associated with an Islamic guru/mosque leader

Unresolved Plots
-----------
The finale of previous seasons leave several threads unresolved while setting up the context for Season 6:

1) Who is Graham and who are his fellow conspirators? Is he working for anyone else? What is the full scope of his role in the events of Day 5, and possibly Day 4?

2) What happened to Evelyn Martin and Miles Papazian?

3)What is the condition of Secretary of Defense James Heller? After crashing into a lake in Season 5 episode 19, he was revealed to be alive but in intensive care in Season 5 episode 21.

4)How does Jack escape custody of the Chinese Government?

-------------------

I imagine at least some of this is subject to change.

xman25

Most amazing jew boots
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:37 AM #10 of 134
I'm the confident, considering this is now the second time I've seen it referenced, that
Spoiler:
the terrorist attack while Jack is gone
will remain. Jack's gone for two years. What else would happen?

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 09:50 PM Local time: Aug 27, 2006, 08:50 PM #11 of 134
I can die happy now. Kiefer Suther finally won an Emmy for playing Jack Bauer on 24!

Seriously though, it's about time these idiots realized how good he is. It sucks though that Jean Smart (Martha Logan) or Gregory Itzin (Presisent Logan) didn't win, as they were freaking great as well. Oh well, at least there's still the Best Drama Series award.

EDIT: OH MY FUCKING GOD! It actually did win the Best Drama Series Award!

Last edited by Rockgamer; Aug 27, 2006 at 09:56 PM.
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:13 PM Local time: Aug 27, 2006, 11:13 PM #12 of 134
Great for Kiefer and 24!!!! Some fun stuff for 24, taken from twentyfour.tv:

24 things you didn't know about 24

Written by CTU
Sunday, 09 July 2006

1 Jack Bauer has killed 112 people over the five years of the show. Season 4, during which he dispatched 44 'hostiles', was his best ever; in the first season he managed a lacklustre 10.

2 Kiefer Sutherland heard that American college students use 24 as a drinking game, downing a shot every time Jack Bauer says 'damn it'. So he changed the script in one episode to have Jack say 'damn it' 14 times in one hour.

3 Another frat-house game is to monitor Jack's flouting of the Geneva Conventions. In season 2 he shot a key suspect under interrogation in the heart before beheading him. In season 3, he executed a colleague on the president's orders.

4 Jack's entry codes for CTU (Counter Terrorism Unit) are 4393 and Q22Q17

5 For season 2, a prototype script was written in which each (non real-time) episode would span 24 hours, but execs decided to stick to the original format.

6 During season 4 an incoming call number was shown on a character's mobile phone. More than 50,000 fans dialled the number - only to find it was real and belonged to one of the crew.

7 More than 20 lead characters have died in seasons 1-5.

8 Jack Bauer has actually died twice. In season 2 he was tortured, burned and tazered to death before miraculously coming round. In season 4 he was shot dead; then Tony Almeida injected him with epinephrine and he recovered.

9 Executive Producer Evan Katz once said: 'We make a lot of it up as we go along.'

10 24 was the first TV show to embrace real-time - the clock keeps ticking during ad breaks and there are no flashbacks.

11 Of course, it's not quite as simple as that. Three minutes are in fact gradually added to the timer during the ad breaks.

12 Almost all scenes are shot at head height.

13 We've never seen Jack eating, sleeping or going to the toilet. As a joke for season 5 he was filmed exiting the bathroom, eating a sandwich and wearing his pyjamas. It didn't make the final cut.

14 What might have been: 'The original iteration of 24 was that we were going to do 24 hours in the life of a wedding ... kind of a romantic comedy series.' (Creator Joel Surnow)

15 In the US, the Fox network had to screen adverts during season 4 episodes showing 'positive' images of Muslims, to counter charges of Islamophobia.

16 Everyone on the programme has to sign pledges not to reveal the plot.

17 Former presidential candidate and Republican Senator John McCain is such a fan of 24 he landed himself a walk-on part.

18 Blooper alert! The Californian presidential primary - the backdrop to season 1 - is held in March, not June.

19 The premiere was due to air in the US just one month after 9/11. Following the attacks, a shot of a 747 exploding was removed and the screening was delayed.

20 Jack's daughter, Kim, has been held captive in one form or other eight times.

21 Sarah Clarke was cast as Nina Myers on the morning filming was due to begin for the pilot episode.

22 Glenn Morshower, Kiefer Sutherland, Carlos Bernard and Dennis Haysbert are the only actors to appear in all five seasons.

23 To speak fluent Jack, use the following phrases often: 'Where's Kim?', 'Who are you working for?', 'Get down on the ground!' and, of course, 'Damn it!'

24 Fox commissioned two more series of 24 in May. A feature film will begin production next year, with parts to be shot in London.
---------
Intersting stuff. I like the drinking game bit.

xman25

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 01:33 AM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 01:33 AM #13 of 134
Hey I knew a lot of those. They lied. I once thought Novick was in all five seasons with one of the seasons him being in for at least one ep, but I was wrong I guess.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 06:31 AM #14 of 134
That was quite the interesting list. I, too, enjoyed the drinking game tidbit.

More importantly, when does Jack go to the bathroom? We can assume he doesn't eat or sleep for that day. But I don't think it's possible to go twenty-four hours without emptying the bladder.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 03:05 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 04:05 PM #15 of 134
Jack sweats all his pee out. It makes him more efficient.

FELIPE NO

[ MOBIUS ]
JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 03:10 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 01:10 PM #16 of 134
During one of the many commercial breaks, or when he isn't in a scene.

Most amazing jew boots
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 05:17 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 05:17 PM #17 of 134
Dunno if this is a good place to put this, buuuuuut... I have a couple questions now that I saw Season 4.

Season 4 Question:
Fucking badass ending. Jack going all David Banner-like style walking off into the distance =p He should've stuck out a thumb to hitch-hike but he was near railroad tracks ;/

1. What happened to Beiruz? He was used in the swap with Jack and the terrorists ran off with him. Never saw him again.
2. What happened to Anderson after he shot down Airforce 1? He was in a stealth fighter. I dunno if those fighters could've taken him down easily due to countermeasures.

Things have been well done thus far but those two points REALLY loomed out to me.

Can't wait for Season 5 to finish downloading. It'll be tomorrow though ;__;

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 05:43 PM Local time: Aug 29, 2006, 10:43 PM #18 of 134
1 - Behrooz was rescued by Curtis in a deleted scene
2 - Anderson's plane was shot down, there was confirmation of it after the incident.

xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 12:20 AM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 12:20 AM #19 of 134
From http://24fan.blogspot.com/:

Spoiler:
Marisol Nichols has joined Fox's Emmy-winning drama "24" in a recurring role as a Counter Terrorist Unit operative. She will play Natalie, the boss of socially-impaired systems analyst Chloe (Mary Lynn Rajskub) and the right-hand woman to bureau chief Bill (James Morrison) at the CTU.

Nichols, whose credits include the series "Cold Case," "Blind Justice" and "In Justice" and the feature "Big Momma's House 2," recently wrapped the comedy feature "Delta Farce."

------

She's hot.

xman25

xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 05:36 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 05:36 PM #20 of 134
Here is something I found on comixfan.com:

24: NIGHTFALL #1
Mark Haynes, J.C. Vaughn (w); Jean Diaz (a); Diaz, Joe Corroney (c)

Presenting a special six-part 24 Season One prequel! In 24: Nightfall, future CTU agent Jack Bauer heads an elite Special Forces team sent to take down the mass murderer, Victor Drazen. But events in the war-torn former Yugoslavia quickly spiral out of control as the hunters become the hunted. The secrets behind Bauer's pivotal Operation: Nightfall mission are revealed here! Joe Corroney (Spike vs. Dracula) provides a special variant cover, too.

*Covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.

FC • $3.99 • 32 pages
-------------

Issue number #1 is scheduled to come out this November.

xman25

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 24NGHT01 Cover A.jpg (87.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 24_NIGHT_01-Cover B.jpg (93.1 KB, 13 views)
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 06:35 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 05:35 PM #21 of 134
Cool to see another comic coming out, and even better, some more stuff about Operation Nightfall. I still haven't even read the first comics yet, so maybe I'll read them all at once after all of these are released (I'm hoping they'll collect them together in a novel format like they did with the first ones, but I'll settle for individual issues as well).

Some more 24 news, the Season 5 DVD Set has been officially announced. The only thing I don't like about it is that of the 12 commentary tracks, two of them cover the same episode (not that big of a problem (especially after listening to the Prison Break ones), but I'd just rather have them all for different episodes).

I was speaking idiomatically.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:55 AM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 01:55 AM #22 of 134
Yeah Smallville has commentaries like that. And were there even commentaries on any of the other sets? I have them all, but havent watched them.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 10:20 AM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 10:20 AM #23 of 134
Just finished Season 5:
Such a sad ending for poor Jack ;__;

But I'm guessing this was Logan's plan to get rid of Jack. As opposed to sniping him from a window of a book depository or some junk =o Rat out Jack to the Chinese, tell them he had no hand in it and they figured he was dead as well. Chinese & US relations patched up.

But this'll be odd. Takes place across 24 hours, but Jack will most likely be in China. Or will this take place with him having already escaped and making it state-side somehow? Pondering how it'd tie in with other characters from the series who are in LA.

If anything, maybe this plot involves something with China. Jack stops it, gets immunity for past crimes against them, etc. I doubt he'd lay under the radar for the whole remainder of the series.

Hate to say it, but when he was told at the end of the last episode and got a call from Kim, I was a bit confused. For starters, how'd Kim find and call him? Secondly, the guy who told him about the call was distinctively Chinese. I then went "wait. Oh fuck. The Chinese ;__;"

Must say, it'll be irritating to not have episodes to watch. Was doing a constant rotation of watching episodes from Season 1 to Season 5. Hope Season 6 will be as good as five and not turn out like Season 3 =( NO MORE KIM, PLZ. I hate those god damn drama stories involving her. And her myriad of boyfriends... Plus, the girl couldn't act her way out of a paperbag with a knife.

FELIPE NO

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 04:40 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 03:40 PM #24 of 134
Originally Posted by BZ
Yeah Smallville has commentaries like that. And were there even commentaries on any of the other sets? I have them all, but havent watched them.
Yeah, Seasons 2-4 all had commentaries on them (5+Deleted Scenes Commentary on Season 2, 6+DS Commentary on Season 3, and 12+DS Commentary on Season 4), but they were all for different episodes.

And Gech:

Spoiler:
The producers have already said that it won't take place in China, since it would take Jack around 16 hours to get back to the US from there, which is 2/3 of the season. We'll just have to wait for the show to start to know how Jack escaped the evil clutches of the Chinese.

Also, why all the season 3 hate?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 05:25 PM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 05:25 PM #25 of 134
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
Spoiler:
The producers have already said that it won't take place in China, since it would take Jack around 16 hours to get back to the US from there, which is 2/3 of the season. We'll just have to wait for the show to start to know how Jack escaped the evil clutches of the Chinese.

Also, why all the season 3 hate?
Spoiler:
I figured it wouldn't be in China for that reason. WAY TOO MUCH TRAVEL =O

Season 3 seemed way too stale, particularly the first half. It didn't COMPARE to Season 2. Season 1 & Season 3 are both on a listing of being good but not nearly as awesome as 2, 4, and 5.

Plus Season 3 started off the strange trend of Jack being a bit of a womanizer. Didn't work out with Kate, as we see her calling him once... He has some girlfriend that was married to the badguy he worked under covertly... Bleh. Now Audrey Raines is a nice choice. I hope they don't end up killing her, because they're drawing out their relationship quite nicely. Unlike Tony & Michelle's on-and-off again sort of thing.

The last thing against Season 3? Chase. He didn't interest me at all.
"So, we're going to attack the terrorists..."
"You're mad about me dating your daughter aren't you?!"
"Uhm... Not the time to talk about i--"
"SHE'S A GROWN WOMAN."

Now Curtis Manning is a cool person to be in the field with Jack, much unlike Chase.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 24 Season 6 Anticipation Thread